Print Page | Close Window

Dan Andrews

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=65929
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 8:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Dan Andrews
Posted By: Redemption
Subject: Dan Andrews
Date Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:44pm
Scientist challenges Coronavirus data

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GZg1qzohY&feature=youtu.be" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2GZg1qzohY&feature=youtu.be

Replies:
Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:24pm
Here is an opportunity for all you Dan Andrews supporters to get behind Dan for his handling of COVID 19 in Victoria. Just think if thousands died in Victoria due to his government's hotel quarantining and tracing of positives, rather than hundreds , these fools would probably want a statue erected in his honor somewhere in the Melbourne CBD.  

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/I-Stand-With-Dan-by-WakeupAustralia/52196469.NL9AC" rel="nofollow - https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/I-Stand-With-Dan-by-WakeupAustralia/52196469.NL9AC

https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/I-Stand-With-Dan-by-WakeupAustralia/52196013.9G0D8" rel="nofollow - https://www.redbubble.com/i/mask/I-Stand-With-Dan-by-WakeupAustralia/52196013.9G0D8

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:31pm
Pointless thread.  Get a life Boob.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:39pm
SC, you still trolling ?

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Greatest thread since oneone's fabulous TBV Lockdown thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:43pm
Just a party political excuse to have a crack at Andrews. Get a life Beavis.

Unless of course you want to list all the achievements of the last few Labor Governments in addition to more recent events.  But hello, don't think so.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm
Perhaps we could also start a thread about the last Liberal/Country Party Government in Victoria.  You know, the one that lasted a single term because voters took about five minutes to realize the State was being run by friends of dodgy developers and career criminals who had no thought for anyone other than their own entrenched self interest.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 9:59pm
In May 2019 the Andrews government predicted  net debt to reach $54.9 billion by 2022-23 and that was 12 months ago, before COVID 19 .

OMG what will Victorian taxpayers be  looking down the barrel in 2023-24, 2024-25 or even 2031-32.

People not yet born will be paying for off this ALP government's debt and by then Dan will be living off his parliamentary pension. Shame, shame.

Date Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 10:10pm

The recent declaration of a state of disaster by the Victorian Government has extended the coronavirus crisis. A health crisis generated an economic crisis. The second shutdown then generated a financial crisis for Victoria

A brutal fall in state economic activity, officially known as gross state product (GSP), is likely. The Victorian Chamber of Industry and Commerce has stated that thousands of businesses will close or transfer to other states. A 3.5% contraction in both 2020 and 2021 is expected as businesses fail or move and an additional 250,000 Victorians join the ranks of the unemployed, effectively doubling Victoria’s jobless rate to 13%.

State government revenue, comprising taxation and Commonwealth grants, is expected to fall by $7.0 billion, or 10%, in 2020/2021. Expenditures will increase by an estimated 5% through additional medical, hospital and coronavirus-related costs. Emergency funds of $24 billion have been set aside for the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 years. Then there are the consequence of business failures, higher numbers of unemployed along with demands for higher public service salaries. Budget deficits of $12 billion or higher are projected for the next two years.

Net debt was $29.3 billion in Victoria at 1 July 2019. In the 2019/2020 budget, net debt was expected to increase to $69 billion over the next three years. It is now projected to increase to $100 billion over this period. 

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:29am
Looks like you will have to cut back on the cognac and cigars, BB. Take one for the team ! Thumbs Up

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:46am
Labor.....What U Expect.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:53am
I am not concerned with discretionary spending, it’s the extra taxes that are coming. Land tax on your principal residence as well as the existing municipal rates. Motor registration, state fuel tax, tollways, etc ,who knows what tax hike they will come up with that Joe Blow cannot change his lifestyle to avoid. 

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I want to know WHO thanked PT for making that comment ? Probably that new member Brokecell !

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

The recent declaration of a state of disaster by the Victorian Government has extended the coronavirus crisis. A health crisis generated an economic crisis. The second shutdown then generated a financial crisis for Victoria

A brutal fall in state economic activity, officially known as gross state product (GSP), is likely. The Victorian Chamber of Industry and Commerce has stated that thousands of businesses will close or transfer to other states. A 3.5% contraction in both 2020 and 2021 is expected as businesses fail or move and an additional 250,000 Victorians join the ranks of the unemployed, effectively doubling Victoria’s jobless rate to 13%.

State government revenue, comprising taxation and Commonwealth grants, is expected to fall by $7.0 billion, or 10%, in 2020/2021. Expenditures will increase by an estimated 5% through additional medical, hospital and coronavirus-related costs. Emergency funds of $24 billion have been set aside for the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 years. Then there are the consequence of business failures, higher numbers of unemployed along with demands for higher public service salaries. Budget deficits of $12 billion or higher are projected for the next two years.

Net debt was $29.3 billion in Victoria at 1 July 2019. In the 2019/2020 budget, net debt was expected to increase to $69 billion over the next three years. It is now projected to increase to $100 billion over this period. 

To be fair Baghdad Victoria has always been a disaster. Maybe that should say "more of a disaster". It does seem very unfair though not allowing the citizens down there to escape to the northern states as they normally are able too. 

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:08am
2 thanks.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:13am
Not really PT. I just realised one of them was from me when i was mucking around with it  LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:14am
Thanks anyway. Thumbs Up

I also just found out you cant thank yourself. 

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:38am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I want to know WHO thanked PT for making that comment ? Probably that new member Brokecell !

I reckon I'm about the only one who uses that option Wink

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: neophyte
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 11:45am

Barbara of Eaglemont: ‘Watched the football last night.

'Saw better handballing at the premier’s conference this morning.’

Do the 19th century's reasons for creation of separate states still apply?

Wasn't it anyway just a temporary compromise to allay fears of centralism?

Now we have anarchy and over-government at the same time.

So many levels of government all countermanding each other.

Schmozzle and debt and a dog’s breakfast.

Everyone passing the buck and handballing around

and then claiming to be and being seen to be a strong leader.

But just creating scrimmage and a serial balls-up.

One of the many blessings of Little Mizz Shutdown

might be the reductio ad absurdum expose of the foibles of federalism.

Perhaps giving rise to a broad consensus and basis for an accord.

Maybe we can all agree on something!

Buckpasser! Not a good name for a leader.

Though it mightn't be a bad name for a horse, waddeyesay?

https://theconversation.com/heed-hawkes-call-australian-federalism-is-an-idea-whose-time-has-ended-71001" rel="nofollow - https://theconversation.com/heed-hawkes-call-australian-federalism-is-an-idea-whose-time-has-ended-71001

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:28pm
How many restaurants in Melbourne do you think will accept a table reservation for a Mr Dan Andrews after this Coronavirus is all over ? You can have 50/1 Chin Chin and 100/1 The Flower Drum about those two.

Posted By: brokecell
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:38pm
some may think BB has a pathalogical hatred of Labor what with this thread, quensland govt thread and countless other refarances. but its okay, he posted that he is not anti labor, is centrist, unbiased and has voted for them in the past. thanks for the heads up Wink

Posted By: TJMitchell
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 12:57pm
I do enjoy how SC has a go at bob for taking something political then instantly takes its political 

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: VSP.
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:11pm

How many restaurants in Melbourne do you think will accept a table reservation for a Mr Dan Andrews after this Coronavirus is all over ? You can have 50/1 Chin Chin and 100/1 The Flower Drum about those two.

No one rational would blame an individual for a pandemic, although they may thank all the powers that be for keeping most of the population safe.

-------------
www.snowshoecats.webs.com

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:14pm
Dan himself said he is ultimately to blame for gelati hitting the fan this second go around. I don't want an irrational person running the state.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:19pm
So weird seeing bleaters blame Trump for everything from pandemics to global warming, and then defend Dan.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:31pm
Dan said he was responsible and called an inquiry into himself.

Anyone else you know done anything like that?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:38pm
But Dan had a reason to.LOL

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 2:43pm
As some women are apt to say, "I love a man with a plan". The risk of a pandemic such as we have, was predicted by experts for a long time, and as such, contingency plans should have been in place at all levels of govt. I doubt a properly prepared plan would have had people laid off from travel agency employment, being re-purposed as security people, or contact tracers.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:52pm
Has Baghdad Bob written even one word of criticism of Trump's handling of the Coronavirus crisis in the USA?Wink

I guess that would be because it is so masterful compared to dangerous Dan.LOL

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 3:56pm

2 thanks.

LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:00pm
On fire Big smile

-------------

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 4:02pm
If an Australian premier or pm repeated every Trump move on Covid-19 they would be locked up by now.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 6:50pm
BUM Tlaz----   Trump was spruiking the Rx in favour ATM, long ago.     he hasn't destroyed his Country with lock downs to satisfy hysterical Medical Ego's .
    Trump is in Good Company and has done well .

Rusty would return to normal if he had some time with Donald John.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 7:50pm
415,000 - 680,000 dead by January 1 forecast.

Has President killed that many of his own people through incompetence?

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 8:48pm

The decision not to fine members of the five households who broke coronavirus restrictions by visiting each other when infectious is the right decision, Mr Andrews said.

“I will concede this might be a counterintuitive point and perhaps we would all feel better if they got stuck with a fine, but the value of information that allows you to take one test result and identify the 33 other people who have got it, is much more than $1652,” he said.

“I think that if you start [fining positive cases], you run the very real risk that people are not full and frank in the interviews, or indeed some people may not come forward and get tested, if they fear that they can’t do that in an open process.

“If we were to try and do a kind of retro-analysis of every one of the now close to 20,000 interviews that we have done, through the course of those interviews, many, many people in many different ways will have essentially admitted to doing certain things, and it is about trying to balance up.

“We might all feel better if those five families got a fine, but ultimately the value of the fine is nothing compared to the value of the information that they give us.”

Prof Sutton said the cluster linked to the five households in the Casey area was “under control” but could still grow.

Anyone want to offer an opinion on the ethnicity  of those people?

I can tell you they are not white Anglo -Saxons.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:11pm
The ethnicity aspect has been aired and discussed any number of time in the coronavirus thread, including the difficulty of ensuring observance in communities for which English is a second language.

But if you seek to continue playing the racist card, by all means go for it.  Dead

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:12pm
BB you need to get over your obsesion with Andrews ,it is eating you up.

why dont you get a dog, take it for a walk, most relaxing. And when the 5km resttriction is lifted try walking it around other areas but Toorak, you will find all sorts of nationalities geting along just fine, productive folk doing there bit for victoria Wink

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:13pm
What a hypocrite Andrews is not fining these people. Talk about double standards! No wonder people have no respect for him and are flouting the rules. Dan has politicised this pandemic big time. His first thought is “do these people vote labor?”. No fines for BLM protesters but riot shields handcuffs and arrests for the anti lockdown protesters because they clearly are not fans of the government. If you sit on a park bench, stray outside the 5k zone you get fined but if you have the virus and spread it among other families that you shouldn’t be visiting anyway then no problem.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:18pm

One of the most blatant examples of racism on this forum for a while, non English speaking would have been suficient, or simply imigrants Thumbs Down

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:20pm
Oh how pathetically ironic.  I suspect we all know exactly who in particular has consistently politicized the pandemic on here.  Dead

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
BC, just as well you are a newcomer only joined TBV in July Wink , if you had been a member prior to then, you would have seen far worse 

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:29pm
From Bob himself in particular.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:34pm
Black, brown, purple, white, green, red. Should've fined the cvnts.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 9:52pm
Poor old Dan, if only he knew the reasons his ears are always burning, is BB !

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

From Bob himself in particular.

SC, Pray tell,  any racist posts I have made .

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:25pm
Dont care the colour or religion.  They do the wrong thing,,,make them pay.   Including white Angloes.
Cant speak/understand English, maybe now is the time to learn it.
Ignorance is not an excuse .  

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 19 Sep 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Poor old Dan, if only he knew the reasons his ears are always burning, is BB !
Me and another 6.5 million Victorians, bar those who purchased those "Stand with Dan"  Tshirts & face masks at triple the price of any equivalent rubbish on line.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

I reckon I'm about the only one who uses that option Wink
That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:06am
6 now oneone.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:07am
Maybe you could do some research and start a thread on the most thanked posts ever.

Would be more riveting than this one.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:50am

[QUOTE=Gay3] That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !

Check your facts oneone!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:58am
Gee - thanks Gay. I must be popular than i thought. Mind you - it still only works out to 4.78% of "thanks" per post. Actually - not too bad - something i will have to keep an eye on  LOLThumbs Up. Will probably include in the annual performance rating from now on. 

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 11:46am
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

One of the most blatant examples of racism on this forum for a while, non English speaking would have been suficient, or simply imigrants Thumbs Down

bc, this part of an article written on the front page of Melbourne's Herald Sun this morning...

“Labor’s double standards are as toxic as this virus.

“This is the same Andrews hypocrisy that saw teenagers fined for learning to drive while 10,000 Black Lives Matter protesters were ignored.

“Victorians have lost confidence in Andrews and Labor. “The double standards they apply show they govern for their friends, not for all Victorians.” On Saturday, Mr Andrews defended a decision to not fine 34 people, largely from the Afghan community in Casey, who spread the virus after breaching rules that banned them from visiting other family members’ homes"

No reference there to "ethnic groups" as you will get in The Age newspaper to appease left apologists , but factual reporting by The Herald Sun without fear or favour.

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:00pm

[QUOTE=Gay3] That makes sense - probably explains why I've never received one LOL. Think Whale may have given me one a long time ago !

Check your facts oneone!

Is this “thanks” tag meant to be the same as a Facebook “like”

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:22pm
Bob you should know better than to quote Right Wing newspaper articles without attribution.

However you sadly don't.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:33pm
for you bob, do you good to stop obesing about Andrews  Wink

https://liajackrussellpupps.com/Availablepuppies.html

DOLLY -Male

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:16pm
Brokecell, your mask is slipping. Better remember to put more implausible spelling mistakes in your posts.Tongue

Posted By: EnableMe
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:26pm
Obesing? Does that involve daily visits to McDonalds?

-------------
longevity does not equate to credibility

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Brokecell, your mask is slipping. Better remember to put more implausible spelling mistakes in your posts.Tongue

exuse me Confused

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:43pm
Dont worry about stayer, he only gets stranger.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:54pm
LOL, who was the bloke that had all the spelling errors ?

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:31pm
He's improved in a remarkably short time. Clap

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:34pm
Nothing wrong with a person trying to improve himself.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:35pm
Sorry presuming BC is a male.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 5:02pm
If unsure of bc, refer to him/ her as gender neutral...them self

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:11pm
#istandbydan

legend

Best Premier ever.

-------------
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:26pm
Now there's an idea, macca, who loves Patsy Cline songs, can give a rendition of "stand by your Dan". with just a slight alteration of wording. Tongue

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:29pm
Might have beenTammy W. Max, just saying.LOL

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:34pm
Stand By Your Dan.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

OK, it is a long time ago ! Tongue

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

OK, it is a long time ago ! Tongue

Yes, LOLLOLLOL I remember it well , the long time ago bit.Smile

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:10pm
As Dan is endeavoring to erect a "Ring of Steel" around suburban Melbourne to keep Melburnians out of rural Victoria he should resort playing in the background of his daily monologues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:40pm
Congrats Bob, that's a very cute segue.  Tongue

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:22pm
Dan can't win , no matter what ....      None of these decision makers will please many ....      SCOMO will be next on the PT list for execution.

I can see his IDS in top gear already.

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:48pm
Dan will be fronting up to the Hotel Q inquiry on Wednesday. Martin Pakula, Jenny Mikakos and Lisa Neville likely to follow.

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:04pm
To those who know, how will the Inquiry process work? Genuine question. 

Date Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Dan will be fronting up to the Hotel Q inquiry on Wednesday. Martin Pakula, Jenny Mikakos and Lisa Neville likely to follow.

Don't know about the other three, but Dan is too cunning to be caught out at that inquiry.

Date Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 9:40am
Disappointing result Bob. Murdoch's  NewsPoll 

-------------

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 23 Sep 2020 at 9:42pm
LOL ... just like every other poll.

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:10pm
PT, Dan is the beneficiary of the “Stockholm Syndrome”. Back in the 1973 a bank in Stockholm was held up and staff at the bank were kept as hostages by their armed captors for a week. After that period of time the hostages feared the armed police trying to save them than their armed captors. The Syndrome is psychological response where those hostages developed a connection to their captors over a period of time of days, weeks , months or even years.You may remember how Patty Hearst , the newspaper heiress, who was kidnapped in 1974 by militants, yet after a period of time became subject to that same psychological response and joined up with those militants and robbed a bank.

Does that sound familiar with what is going on Victoria right now ?

Presently the virus is a “ business issue” not a “ household issue” , rusted on ALP supporters will always back Dan, those in the public service are still on full pay, both Jobseeker & JobSearch are propping up many underemployed or unemployed, that is a huge percentage of the population and further as each day passes less people are catching the virus. All of those factors are contributing the Dan’s supposed popularity, however once Jobseeker & JobSearch are cut back at the end of September, you know what will hit the fan and people will realise how Dan and his hopeless government have botched up the hotel quarantine and tracing popularity will plummet like a brick in a swimming pool.

Posted By: rusty nails
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:36pm
Bob channeling your “inner Doc”?

That is just nonsense.

First you say, the only reason Dan has support, is due to Stockholm syndrome.
Which is just bat sh1t crazy.

Then you go on to say, when government handouts that cease this month, everyone will see the light and hate him.

They are mutually exclusive.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:48pm
I wonder if Dan has ever bothered to find out why the "Experts " say we can eat half raw Beef and Fish but not Chicken or Pork.

It's like me never agreeing with Rusty , PT , Marble or Afros .

It avoids all of us being wrong.    ( Think about it )

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 12:57pm
Rusty, I may not have made myself clear in your mind. Dan’s supposed popularity is a combination of all of those factors, not one or two , but all in different degrees.
Many people are still receiving welfare equal to their income prior to the virus, however businesses are going broke by the day, once that welfare ceases people will be in the same situation as those businesses...they will default on mortgages, struggle to buy food, you name it.
Don’t worry Dan’s popularity is a statistical anomaly.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:07pm
Election day is the only one that counts in terms of popularity & by that time, Victoria will still be in an almighty mess. However, the 'other' mob will need to get their act togther to be any sort of viable alternative Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:08pm
Some of those 62% of Dan supporters believe Dan has done a good job, reducing positives down from the 700s to the teens today that is the psychological connection to that Stockholm Syndrome , but we all know where those 700s started don’t we ?

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:16pm
Don't forget the majority at this time are on the good end of the stick ... Pensioners getting $1500 handouts , dole people never seen the pocket so full , subsidised Brothels < Unlimited Toilet paper , Bottle shops thriving, No evictions , and the Government is handing it out by the trillions .

NOTHING IS FOREVER

The Brick wall is just around the Corner.

Bank Foreclosures by the thousands --- Repossions by the millions .... No money for food , Rents ,    Mum and the Kids sleeping out ...NO jobs .NO businesses,           .   The Virus will be welcomed in most households.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:18pm
No doubt the dole folk are PUMPED right now. They get the cash and they don't have to look for work? Perfect!

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:28pm
Poor Dan ...   It will kill him =   apical ballooning syndrome.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:32pm

Victorian ALP Government support now 51.5% would win a close election with L-NP on 48.5%

In Victoria support for the ALP is now at 51.5% compared to the L-NP on 48.5% on a two-party preferred basis according to a special Roy Morgan SMS survey on Victorian voting intention with a cross-section of 1,147 Victorian electors aged 18+ over the last few days.

The two-party preferred support for the ALP has dropped a significant 5.8% points since the 2018 Victorian State Election while L-NP support is up 5.8% points.

Today’s Roy Morgan Poll on Victorian voting intention shows that if a Victorian Election were held today the ALP would be returned with a narrow majority for a third term of Government.

Primary Vote for ALP plunges since 2018 State Election

Primary support for the ALP is now at 37%, down 5.9% points since the 2018 Victorian State Election and now behind the L-NP on 38.5% (up 3.3% points).

Support for the Greens is up slightly to 12% (up 1.3% points) while support for Other Parties has increased to 8.5% (up 3.4% points). A further 4% of Victorians are now supporting Independent candidates, down 2.1% points from the 2018 Victorian State Election.

Two-Party Preferred support splits by Region & Gender

Two clear splits have emerged in Victoria with city-dwellers in Melbourne and women supporting the ALP on a two-party preferred basis while Country Victorians and men are more likely to support the L-NP.

Women clearly favour the ALP on a two-party preferred basis with support at 57% compared to only 43% for the L-NP. In contrast a majority of 53.5% of men support the L-NP compared to 46.5% supporting the ALP.

Melburnians (who comprise the bulk of the population of Victoria) favour the ALP on a two-party preferred basis with support of 53.5% compared to 46.5% for the L-NP while in Country Victoria support for the L-NP is at 55% compared to only 45% for the ALP.

This special Roy Morgan Snap SMS survey was conducted with a Victoria-wide cross-section of 1,147 Victorian electors aged 18+ conducted on Tuesday September 15 – Thursday September 17, 2020.

Roy Morgan CEO Michele Levine says the ALP would still be the favourite if a Victorian State Election were held today although support for the L-NP has risen substantially since 2018:

“The Second Wave of COVID-19 in Victoria has led to a tightening between the two major parties with the ALP on 51.5% only narrowly ahead of the L-NP on 48.5% on a two-party preferred basis in mid-September.

“ALP support has dropped substantially since the 2018 Victorian State Election with primary support down nearly 6% points to 37%. This support has flowed to several parties including the Opposition L-NP, up 3.3% points to 38.5%, the Greens, up 1.3% points to 12% and Other Parties up 3.4% points to 8.5%.

“However, the big split that has emerged is between the genders and between Melbourne and Country Victoria. The ALP retains big leads amongst women (57% cf. 43%) and in Melbourne (53.5% cf. 46.5%), but the L-NP is now well ahead with men (53.5% cf. 46.5%) and in Country Victoria (55% cf. 45%).

“As Victoria (hopefully) emerges from the Second Wave of COVID-19 in the next couple of months the big issues will revolve around supporting businesses and re-booting the Victorian economy and providing jobs for the hundreds of thousands of Victorians now looking for new work.

“The next two years presents a huge test for the ALP to rebuild it’s credibility after the devastating impact of the second wave of COVID-19 following mis-steps in the Victorian hotel quarantine program for returned travellers and inadequate contact tracing and testing in Victoria compared to its counterpart in New South Wales.”

Victorian electors were asked: "If a State Election for Victoria were being held today — which party would receive your first preference?"

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:38pm

PT, Dan is the beneficiary of the “Stockholm Syndrome”. Back in the 1973 a bank in Stockholm was held up and staff at the bank were kept as hostages by their armed captors for a week. After that period of time the hostages feared the armed police trying to save them than their armed captors. The Syndrome is psychological response where those hostages developed a connection to their captors over a period of time of days, weeks , months or even years.You may remember how Patty Hearst , the newspaper heiress, who was kidnapped in 1974 by militants, yet after a period of time became subject to that same psychological response and joined up with those militants and robbed a bank.

Does that sound familiar with what is going on Victoria right now ?

Presently the virus is a “ business issue” not a “ household issue” , rusted on ALP supporters will always back Dan, those in the public service are still on full pay, both Jobseeker & JobSearch are propping up many underemployed or unemployed, that is a huge percentage of the population and further as each day passes less people are catching the virus. All of those factors are contributing the Dan’s supposed popularity, however once Jobseeker & JobSearch are cut back at the end of September, you know what will hit the fan and people will realise how Dan and his hopeless government have botched up the hotel quarantine and tracing popularity will plummet like a brick in a swimming pool.

Bob, we don't need a history leson from you, most know about stokholm syndrom , if they dont they can google it Confused

By the way isnt Dan doing a great job, only 14 new cases tody Clap

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 1:40pm
Dan the Man - Dan is back in his own game! | Dan, Man, The man

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 4:33pm
bc, I certainly do want to get a lesion from Dan thank you very much and when I went back and googled “ stokholm syndrom “ as you recommended nothing came up..are you sure you spell it that way ?Wink

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm
There's nothing worse than spell detectives on sites like this. Up themselves pr1cks for the most part.

Posted By: Rhino
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:03pm

Election day is the only one that counts in terms of popularity & by that time, Victoria will still be in an almighty mess. However, the 'other' mob will need to get their act togther to be any sort of viable alternative Confused

Sounds exactly like the good old US of A!

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

There's nothing worse than spell detectives on sites like this. Up themselves pr1cks for the most part.

SC, do you have any thoughts on people who constantly intentionally misspell words for some reason only known to themselves.

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:33pm
Spelling Nazis | Writers Write

Date Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 5:37pm
Haha, made my day LOL

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 4:39pm
Never thought I'd be locked up at home watching a live hotel quarantine inquiry but here we are

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:35pm
Riveting stuff, isn't it.Sleepy

Date Posted: 25 Sep 2020 at 5:38pm
No doubt LOL

-------------
Time is a flat circle

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com