Print Page | Close Window

Oscar/ Grammy Awards

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=65147
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 12:39pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Oscar/ Grammy Awards
Posted By: stayer
Subject: Oscar/ Grammy Awards
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:27pm
Just trying to answer macca's call for something to talk about here.
The Grammies were bloody awful. Billie Eilish?

And the Academy Awards - the Joker guy spent his alotted time not thanking anybody, and going off about race/ gender/ species equality, including some thing about cows being ripped from their mothers to make milk for our coffees? Maybe he was taking the pizz?

Replies:
Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:31pm
More interesting threads are great.  And some of us may be interested in the Oscars.

However the immediate thrust of this thread appears simply an avenue for people to express their conservative negativity, and is thus a hot favorite to join the Sad Threads.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:40pm
Can you say that in english?
Let's see if anyone is interested. Of course you and PT (and soon whale) will have changed the topic, so probably no chance of any one having a friendly chat.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:51pm
Here's a great idea Stayer: why not start a thread titled "What did you think about the Oscars presentation" instead of simply  boring us with your own opinion.

Your approach is akin to a teacher, which you claim to be, making his or her your own claim about a particular subject rather than raising the subject in a non-judgemental sense and then asking for student opinion and input.

The latter course of action is called Education and Teaching 101.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 5:56pm
Yes thanks for the advice, SC. I thought about doing that. Is there a chance to bring some civility to this forum? Just trying to help macca. You're probably helping him already.

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:03pm
Let's try it again then, SC, What are people's opinions about the Oscars/ Grammies? You already know mine.

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:15pm
your opinion stayer is just a dig at a young singer and a middle aged actor. You haven't said anything about the awards.

aside from that the academy has really taken a step in a different direction with best film - never heard of the parasite but I better check it out now. Maybe it's little more than a token gesture and they will get back to self importance next year

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:19pm
Saw Parasite months ago, quite good, best film ?

Maybe trying to get some diversity in there.
Was The Irishman nominated, it was better than that ?

Grammy *

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

More interesting threads are great.  And some of us may be interested in the Oscars.

However the immediate thrust of this thread appears simply an avenue for people to express their conservative negativity, and is thus a hot favorite to join the Sad Threads.

Alexovics Hmmm GIF - Alexovics Hmmm GIFs

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:22pm
i saw the Irishman - it was good but no best picture winner

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Let's try it again then, SC, What are people's opinions about the Oscars/ Grammies? You already know mine.

Never watch them, Bob's threads are more interesting Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:24pm
I mean Parasite was better than The Irishman which was way overrated IMO

that's 4 posts, nobody can say I don't pitch in Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:31pm
Good for you, whale!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

your opinion stayer is just a dig at a young singer and a middle aged actor. You haven't said anything about the awards.

aside from that the academy has really taken a step in a different direction with best film - never heard of the parasite but I better check it out now. Maybe it's little more than a token gesture and they will get back to self importance next year

Never heard of the parasite either. Not sure what the ages of the singere/ actors have to do with anything?

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Saw Parasite months ago, quite good, best film ?

Maybe trying to get some diversity in there.
Was The Irishman nominated, it was better than that ?

Grammy *

Nominated for 10 including best movie

-------------

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 6:55pm
I can already tell you about next years nominees.

1. A movie about a white admiral, general or conqueror, which is considered a hero, but who slaughtered thousands.

2. A political thriller about some mafia influence on US politics, oh wait a minute that was nominated this year, no matter the academy will fall over themselves with De Niro doing is only acting thing, and playing a gangster type who is the most miserable person in the movie.

3. A biographical (if it truly is) of one of Hollywoods greats, lets see oh I know Kirk Douglas just passed away so he it is a sure bet a movie is in the pipeline with his son as producer.

4. A remake of a movie which was overhyped when it was originally done, okay Little Women had that slot this year, but there is one virtually every year.

5. They will throw a movie in there that is either a foreign film or directed by a foreigner, as the token non-white anglo saxon.

6. A movie based on a real life criminal event, with the best actress winner coming from this movie.

No white directors nominated. oops sorry that should be no black directors nominated.

No independent movie, no matter how good, nominated as we have seen Hollywood go through their antiestablishment phase, just all big studios and Netflix from now on.

And two 30 to 50 year old, white, winners of the best actor and best actress award.

There you go I have just saved you 3 hours of watching next years awards.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:13pm
That's more like it.

Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm

Never watch them, Bob's threads are more interesting Confused

I'm Kirk Douglas' son. !!!!!

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 8:02pm
I didn't watch - no Ricky Gervais to move the sweethearts along so who would bother.Dead 

I did hear that the Best Movie Oscar went to PARASITE - the story of the Labor/Greens Political movement ... don't think I'll be watching that either ... Thumbs Down

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 9:08pm

Can you say that in english?
Let's see if anyone is interested. Of course you and PT (and soon whale) will have changed the topic, so probably no chance of any one having a friendly chat.

How about this from Dr E ? Of course we know your hero can say no wrong, like Trump Confused

I did hear that the Best Movie Oscar went to PARASITE - the story of the Labor/Greens Political movement ... don't think I'll be watching that either 

-------------

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:01pm
Great to see the call answered to jazz TBV up a bit . Grat stuff all.

After last night I appreciate how tough Doc does it on the night shift.

Good time to belt a few of these Hollywood corpses ,   They are more anti trump than PT .
One even married Harry to honour her promise to leave the Country if Donald Rode the winner.
   They have probably fallen in a heap like TBV , when The MIGHTY man shoved an im-peach up their clacker.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 8:17am
Hey Stayer, your mates are really sticking to the fun theme of this thread and leaving out the politics LOL

-------------

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 9:07am
Love SC calling other,s posts negative LOLLOL

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Love SC calling other,s posts negative LOLLOL

You leave SC alone .    She might be my last chance in life , given she is starting to recognise my qualities on the tip     ( AND don't tell anyone , my stand outs don't end there )

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 2:18pm
Dont pin your hopes on SC now JJ has sacked you , Macca .   Its my personal belief that SC is a bloke.  I wouldnt have picked you to be fancying a bloke ???Big smile

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Dont pin your hopes on SC now JJ has sacked you , Macca .   Its my personal belief that SC is a bloke.  I wouldnt have picked you to be fancying a bloke ???Big smile

NO No No --   Too pretty to be a bloke AA.      You haven't been reading God's letters.
SC was given to RFF in marriage many years ago .    JC was castigated along that line ----     You don't feed strawberries to pigs, so the story goes.
------------------
JJ sacked me ...???.     JJ and I were never an item.
She did once offer me a bed in the Bindies .   A suggestion I accepted, as where she wanted the pricking to be done.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 7:59am
Once again Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

At Monday’s Academy Awards the celebrity class gave us more far Left preaching, empty virtue signalling and incoherent grandstanding. Indeed, the vacuous nonsense began on the red carpet with actor Natalie Portman showing off her  https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/awards/oscars/natalie-portman-wears-list-of-female-directors-on-oscars-outfit/news-story/bf240b2d82eb62a533b892ea000386fe" rel="nofollow - “I wanted to recognise the women who were not recognised for their incredible work this year,” Portman said. This brave bit of activism was applauded by much of the adoring media but derided by those blessed with a BS detector.

“Being a woke elitist is so weird. Her outfit is Dior, which was using sweatshop labour — mostly female migrants — as recently as 2018,” wrote Emily Zanotti.

“I wonder if this means her production company will finally produce a film with a female director,” tweeted Kate Sanchez highlighting Portman’s hypocrisy in only hiring male directors.

“The most effective way to tackle inequality is through the medium of haute couture,” mocked intersectional feminist and Twitter’s funniest parody account, Titania McGrath.

“Has every Hollywood actress lost her mind?” wrote philosopher Christina Hoff Sommers."

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:25am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob<b> Baghdad Bob wrote:

Once again
Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

At Monday’s Academy Awards the celebrity class gave us more far Left preaching, empty virtue signalling and incoherent grandstanding. Indeed, the vacuous nonsense began on the red carpet with actor Natalie Portman showing off her  https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/awards/oscars/natalie-portman-wears-list-of-female-directors-on-oscars-outfit/news-story/bf240b2d82eb62a533b892ea000386fe" rel="nofollow - “I wanted to recognise the women who were not recognised for their incredible work this year,” Portman said. This brave bit of activism was applauded by much of the adoring media but derided by those blessed with a BS detector.

“Being a woke elitist is so weird. Her outfit is Dior, which was using sweatshop labour — mostly female migrants — as recently as 2018,” wrote Emily Zanotti.

“I wonder if this means her production company will finally produce a film with a female director,” tweeted Kate Sanchez highlighting Portman’s hypocrisy in only hiring male directors.

“The most effective way to tackle inequality is through the medium of haute couture,” mocked intersectional feminist and Twitter’s funniest parody account, Titania McGrath.

“Has every Hollywood actress lost her mind?” wrote philosopher Christina Hoff Sommers."

You love your Herald Sun, Panahi, Bolt are your gods, very low standards Confused

By the way it is not necessary to say again twice in one sentence Wink

-------------

Posted By: Isaac soloman
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:37am
Following on the hypocrisy theme
Harvey Weinstein is obviously a bad bloke, but gee, he did launch a few actresses careers.
Why didnt they they say something sooner and spare future generations of actresses a lot of angst?
Hard to take seriously.....

Name and shame these "ladies" who had a help along.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:42am

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob<b> Baghdad Bob wrote:

Once again
Rita Panahi, NewsCorp journalist, has got it right again, here is an excerpt of her opinion on the Academy Awards.

You love your Herald Sun, Panahi, Bolt are your gods, very low standards Confused

By the way it is not necessary to say again twice in one sentence Wink

Whale, so do you disagree with Panahi ? If so Why ?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:03am
I ask AGAIN do you disagree with Panahi  ?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Harvey Weinstein is obviously a bad bloke, but gee, he did launch a few actresses careers.
Why didnt they they say something sooner and spare future generations of actresses a lot of angst?

The casting couch is most actress stars,   best performance.

I love them coming forward 20 years after they were " Raped ".   AND had gone back for more in many cases.

Life is geared for the Ladies to exploit their most prized posession.

I read where the dating sites and the Rooters Dens , have it all free for the ladies , but men pay a fortune,      So who has the best product for sale.
    I must confess , I have said many times that the "furry noose " should be on Special at the Chain Stores every week.

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:23am

How did you approach things when you were sexually assaulted? Did you report it immediately? Something like this happened to you right? That’s why you are qualified to comment on how a victim should behave?

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 9:33am
Who is that strange little person with green hair , that looks like she ( it is a she isnt it ? ) dressed from the op shop rag bag ?  What does she actually do ??Confused  Its a strange old world when we start paying attention to what these people preach from their gilded cages.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:32pm
That's Billie Eilish, AA. She swept the grammie music awards. She's about 12 and she sings extremely messed up songs for teens. I only know of her because a morbid girl I taught was obsessed with her.

I'm surprised nobody has heard about that (best actor?) nutter's speech about species equality yet. (Hopefully he was taking the pizz but probably not.) But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Lowest ratings again and no host again. Ricky Gervaise hosting would have created some interest. I was only interested to see if any of the lollipops would be more self aware after his recent panning of them all. But no. As the best actor bloke said, they all feel "blessed" and "humbled" to be given the opportunity to be a "voice for the voiceless." Including the voiceless cows.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm

That's Billie Eilish, AA. She swept the grammie music awards. She's about 12 and she sings extremely messed up songs for teens. I only know of her because a morbid girl I taught was obsessed with her.

I'm surprised nobody has heard about that (best actor?) nutter's speech about species equality yet. (Hopefully he was taking the pizz but probably not.) But maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Lowest ratings again and no host again. Ricky Gervaise hosting would have created some interest. I was only interested to see if any of the lollipops would be more self aware after his recent panning of them all. But no. As the best actor bloke said, they all feel "blessed" and "humbled" to be given the opportunity to be a "voice for the voiceless." Including the voiceless cows.

I can't believe you are a teacher. The misspelt heading of this thread was corrected and yet you make the same mistake again Confused

Either that or the standards are so low even I could qualify LOL

Grammy

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:29pm
Go away whale.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
Am now confused.  What should I call the mother of my mum or dad?  Grammie, grammy, gramma, nana.  It's all so confusing.

Apart of course from some who've attempted and singularly failed to bag some celebrities for expressing an opinion when said celebs were in an ideal position to do so.  You grasp the moment forfs. 

Mind you if said celebs had given Trump, climate deniers and Mexican Wall proponents a big boost that would have been totally ok. Wacko

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 5:47pm
I think a few people have collectively failed.

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 5:50pm
God that's a load of cobblers Second Chance. Why do you express yourself in such a convoluted way ? It impresses no one  Confused

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 5:52pm
No kidding. What a tool.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 6:19pm

Go away whale.

do you reallie mean that teach LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

God that's a load of cobblers Second Chance. Why do you express yourself in such a convoluted way ? It impresses no one  Confused

LOL,,,and SC is the one who puts s**t on others for sniping. 

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 8:21pm

Gotta laugh at these weirdos , giving a voice to the voicless.   No wonder teens go off the rails and suicide , with the green haired girl leading them.  
What a strange world we live in.   These so called STARS influencing so many people, especially the teens.
When I was a teen our stars were real people who lived in the real world. 

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 1:24am
If trading was allowed in the Dead pool comp, I would definitely be drafting Joaquin into my team.

He is a seriously fcuked up individual ... I would love to hear what Ricky Gervais thought of his speach!Tongue

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:27am

LOL love that one Doc - very funny! maybe he's angry at his parents for calling him joaquin and not river

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 7:50am
Thee successive snipes with nothing other than puerile attempts to put down.

No kidding. What a tool.

LOL,,,and SC is the one who puts s**t on others for sniping. 

Oneonesit, Stayer and Acacia Alba.  No surprise there.

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:41am
Direct personal abuse removed Disapprove

Object of her bile seems to be SC, wonder what he did to her Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:54am
AA, filling in when the mods wont, or cant.
Good on her...
sc, he/she is a difficult character, with a barrister daughter.
How would YOU tackle that whale?

Date Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

How did you approach things when you were sexually assaulted? Did you report it immediately? Something like this happened to you right? That’s why you are qualified to comment on how a victim should behave?

Rose McGowan: Natalie Portman's Oscars dress protest 'deeply offensive'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/12/rose-mcgowan-natalie-portman-oscars-dress-protest-female-directors" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/12/rose-mcgowan-natalie-portman-oscars-dress-protest-female-directors
McGowan,  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/07/rose-mcgowan-brave-angry-voice-hollywoods-beats" rel="nofollow - who published  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/07/rose-mcgowan-brave-angry-voice-hollywoods-beats" rel="nofollow - a memoir, Brave , about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Thee successive snipes with nothing other than puerile attempts to put down.

Edit to remove almighty mess!
Oneonesit, Stayer and Acacia Alba.  No surprise there.

Lol. Care to quote yourself? No surprise. I like your comments about racing and some other things, SC, but based on some things you've written in these threads you're the walking cliche of a smug, condescending, blinkered old leftie.(/y)

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 7:38pm

"Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia,  about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”</span>

Rose McGowan is just jealous that Natalie Portman has kept her looks. They're both hollywood idiots.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:16pm

<h1 ="__line " itemprop="line" style="margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-size: 2.125rem; line-height: 2.375rem; font-family: "Guardian Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-weight: 400; padding: 0.1875rem 0px 2.25rem; color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">Rose McGowan: Natalie Portman's Oscars dress protest 'deeply offensive'</h1>
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/12/rose-mcgowan-natalie-portman-oscars-dress-protest-female-directors" rel="nofollow - https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/feb/12/rose-mcgowan-natalie-portman-oscars-dress-protest-female-directors
<span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 17px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">McGowan, </span> https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/07/rose-mcgowan-brave-angry-voice-hollywoods-beats" rel="nofollow - who published  https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jan/07/rose-mcgowan-brave-angry-voice-hollywoods-beats" rel="nofollow - a memoir, Brave <span style="color: rgb18, 18, 18; font-family: "Guardian Text Egyptian Web", Georgia, serif; font-size: 17px; font-variant-ligatures: common-ligatures;">, about her alleged experience with Harvey Weinstein in 2018, wrote about Portman: “You are the problem. Lip service is the problem … I am singling you out because you are the latest in a long line of actresses who are acting the part of a woman who cares about other women. Actresses who supposedly stand for women, but in reality do not do much at all.”</span>

Which has what exactly to do with the often ashamed, totally messed up minds of sexual abuse victims? I’ll ask again, what was your reaction to being sexually abused? Did you report the perpetrator right away?

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:31pm
Have you been abused, E&E?

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:32pm
cant say  ii did...but if i had how many subsequent victims would have been spared if i had... 

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:24pm

Have you been abused, E&E?

Not that it’s relevant but no. Which is why I don’t pretend to l know how a victim should behave. What I do know is that it is common for victims to go years without telling anyone or reporting the abuse (if they ever do). Sure some do so right away and their strength to come forward is to be commended. But a large number, probably the majority do not. When people who have never experienced anything like that expect a victim to step forward right away or just shows how deluded they are. Totally oblivious to reality.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:28pm
WRONG to entertain thins like Rape after a long time has elapsed.
If someone is raped the obvious is a Police involvement in a timely fashion.
I'd hang a rapist but when reporting it has elapsed = NOT GUILTY

Some of these people went back several times and when their sex acts didn't achieve suitable parts.    They scream Rape .
Anyone not reporting a rape is guilty of protecting an offender of the future.
Lets face it, the casting couch style of promotion is a part of life.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:29pm
So that's "no."

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:30pm

cant say  ii did...but if i had how many subsequent victims would have been spared if i had... 

And you know this how exactly? Laughable deluded to think you know with any certainty at all how you would react if you were to have been abused.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:33pm

Don't get drawn into this one Isaac.
Your being hit by a ruthless one , with no consideration for the feelings of others.    IGNORE him like so many others do.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:34pm
I've been abused. I also did law. You're a creep.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:35pm

I've been abused. I also did law. You're a creep.

Yes, that total mismash of irrelevant thought bubbles is definitely bar material.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:41pm
Creep.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Don't get drawn into this one Isaac.
Your being hit by a ruthless one , with no consideration for the feelings of others.    IGNORE him like so many others do.

Yez I tried to ignore him. Just pissed me off!

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:45pm

Creep.

With well-reasoned (sic) arguments like that I can see why you gave law away. Well, pretended to give it away anyway.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:46pm
Do you know what "sic" means?

Any way, back to the hollywood tools...

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:47pm
LEAVE THE PERSONAL STUFF OUT OF IT

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:50pm
Absolutely. This weirdo has been obsessed with me for too long. Fair enough to call him a weirdo creep.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:50pm

Do you know what "sic" means?

Any way, back to the hollywood tools...

Why don’t you tell us? It will be light years ahead of your previous posts in terms of adding anything constructive to the topic.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm
Will be interesting how the lady who promised to leave the Country if her vote wasn't successful.
I'm expecting the weazel to come crying back.    Donald should ban the bxtch.          . Harry will pay a bigger price down the track. NOTHING will ever satisfy Meg ---   That has been obvious from day 1.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:52pm
Google it.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:54pm

Will be interesting how the lady who promised to leave the Country if her vote wasn't successful.
I'm expecting the weazel to come crying back.    Donald should ban the bxtch.          . Harry will pay a bigger price down the track. NOTHING will ever satisfy Meg ---   That has been obvious from day 1.

I missed you macca!

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 9:57pm
She's doing a Disney princess part now.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:00pm

Google it.

Nahhh. I’m comfortable with my use, even if not strictly correct it’s close enough and gets the point across. Would you prefer a few laughing emojis to indicate when I’m intentionally posting something that’s incorrect and directed at you? Then again maybe I’ll just continue given that it riles you up.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:02pm
Mate, yes less words is best. Creep.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:07pm

Mate, yes less words is best. Creep.

Such quality arguments Johnny Cochrane. You’ll be bringing out the Chewbacca defence shortly.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:14pm

I missed you macca!

Nice words Stayer , I've been back for some time.   Your mixing in the wrong company.    "best IGNORED" will only bring grief.   I now the form guide Stayer .    About all I've got left that works

But You and Isaac have enough sense to take note , ---   I hope.

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:24pm

I missed you macca!

Nice words Stayer , I've been back for some time.   Your mixing in the wrong company.    "best IGNORED" will only bring grief.   I now the form guide Stayer .    About all I've got left that works

But You and Isaac have enough sense to take note , ---   I hope.

Good advice here stayer!

Leave off the rubbish

Date Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 10:36pm
Okey dokey.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 6:55am
This just doesn't seem fair. A full on stoush without Whale, Second Chance & myself in it LOLIts all bloody PTs fault as usual LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:03am
Dont look at me, I dont think I have even passed comment in this thread. Too many right wing culture warriors that hate everything that people get enjoyment out of for my liking.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:08am
PT that translates to no opportunity for you to drop Trump , Morrison or Abbot into the conversation

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:09am

This just doesn't seem fair. A full on stoush without Whale, Second Chance & myself in it LOLIts all bloody PTs fault as usual LOL

The niggles of long gone lies, will always be rehashed by those two "best Ignored"
   Their form is repetitive over years, cunning & gradual "baiting" .
I'm quite happy to cut loose on them but my return fire gets edited .
The cruel one about my little dog dying , deserved 12 months .   You oneone and gay3 noted it.           . One knows every day that they will hone in ,
    Put your life on it.
Fancy bringing up some sad statement to a lady that's been abused. Private and sympathetic for the error of mentioning it on here.
Only a DOG would pursue something like hat.

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 7:38am

PT that translates to no opportunity for you to drop Trump , Morrison or Abbot into the conversation

Or Izzy, French Rugby League....?

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 12:39pm
Pt   ---     Your comments are the good old banter from someone who just needs to change sides .
Other than that , I'll wet your leg by saying you are a very respected
member on here .   
But you do need some help , I'll see if Tony Abbott can fit you in --

Hahahahahan     even made me laugh.     

Date Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 1:15pm
Tony Abbott is the answer said nobody ever. 

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 10:08am
I just remembered another reason those awards are a waste of time.  Wokam telling us all we shouldnt drink milk.  Cry He fits his character well.Wacko

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:25pm
Fair to mention here Russell Crowe's embarrassing message to the world during the fundraising concert last night. What a tool. Also you know things have crossed a line when you get Kochie inviting KD Lang to talk about her "spitituality" and she laments "all of the insects and spiders and snakes and things" lost in the bushfires, because, you know "there is no Australia or Canada, there is no species - it's all consciousnesses. 3 billion consciousnesses were lost in the fires... etc" No wonder she was dressed like some kind of priestess. (Amazing singing though and she might be sincerely buddhist-ish or something, so that's ok.) Maybe I was wrong to hope the Joker guy was taking the pizz with his acceptance speech - "species equality" might be the new thing among hollywood folks.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:35pm
Yes, we all must lament all those mosquitoes that died in the bushfires

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:42pm
I found Tina Arenas interview more disturbing Stayer. It was all the fault of Climate Change - it was governments fault - & if you didn't believe that you were a dope. And then she finished with something along the lines that artists had done their bit & it was up to others to now do theirs ConfusedConfused

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:42pm
Jokes aside, the idea that a mosquito's life is equal to a human's is probably literally something new to mankind, as far as I know. I can't think of any religion/ culture that didn't have some kind of hierarchical idea of animals (may as well add in plants/ rocks) outside of 2020 Hollywood. Can't wait for the sequel of Avatar. Should be interesting!

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:46pm
Mind you it is an interesting question to ask if animals can go to heaven ? It sort of messes up the belief that religion & evolution can go hand in hand.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:54pm

Jokes aside, the idea that a mosquito's life is equal to a human's is probably literally something new to mankind, as far as I know. I can't think of any religion/ culture that didn't have some kind of hierarchical idea of animals (may as well add in plants/ rocks) outside of 2020 Hollywood. Can't wait for the sequel of Avatar. Should be interesting!

Jainism.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 4:54pm

I found Tina Arenas interview more disturbing Stayer. It was all the fault of Climate Change - it was governments fault - & if you didn't believe that you were a dope. And then she finished with something along the lines that artists had done their bit & it was up to others to now do theirs ConfusedConfused
Lol, missed that. Yes the artists are "the voice for tje voiceless."
I don't mind real artists having delusions of grandeur etc - that can be part of their thing, to be counter-cultural etc, but this is different to that. It's the opposite. They have their own little religion going on, which they need to belong to if they want more work, and they insist that everybody around the world joins it. It's culty thing on a global scale. Not to sound like that Redemption poster on a bad day, but it's true.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Jainism.

Hmm thanks, just googled that. Some obscure form of   different eastern religions meeting in a place. I like their precepts. Is that what the hollywood folks are into?

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:03pm
An ancient Indian religion, considered one of the great foundation religions of India.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:06pm

Mind you it is an interesting question to ask if animals can go to heaven ? It sort of messes up the belief that religion & evolution can go hand in hand.

Yes most religions believe that things are imperfect "down here right now" and that there is a better time/ place outside of this world. Even Catholics believe (or are meant to) that animals and plants have souls.
That's very different to "species equality" though. That's just plain nuts.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:07pm

An ancient Indian religion, considered one of the great foundation religions of India.

Lol I'll call BS on that claim, after googling it for 5 mins.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:09pm

What makes a good Religion.     What experience proves any religion.

At least Climate Change gives us a fire & a flood to play with.

We should focus on things we can do to improve Nature.

Harvest some water would be a good start .    Burn more coal , after all that's what we do with other rubbish.

Date Posted: 17 Feb 2020 at 5:09pm
Jain philosophy further believes that the soul is the mechanism of rebirth and karma accumulation. It is the same size in all living beings, such as a human being, a tiny insect and a large elephant. Jiva is everywhere, filling and infused in every minuscule part of the entire loka (realm of existence), according to Jainism

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net