Print Page | Close Window

Trump hasn't been impeached yet ...

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=64923
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 9:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Trump hasn't been impeached yet ...
Posted By: Dr E
Subject: Trump hasn't been impeached yet ...
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:19pm
... and he may never be, right PT?Big smile

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Replies:
Posted By: stayer
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:25pm
Lol

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:27pm
Incorrect, as usual.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:30pm
When did the senate receive the articles of impeachment?

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:30pm
Now don't go lying again.

-------------

Posted By: Shammy Davis
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Incorrect, as usual.
Not so fast. Impeachment is a process not solely a vote.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2019-12-19/trump-impeachment-delay-could-be-serious-problem-for-democrats" rel="nofollow - https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2019-12-19/trump-impeachment-delay-could-be-serious-problem-for-democrats

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:43pm
One Trumper lawyer trying to audition for a job does not overturn the constitution with a dumb theory. The MO of all these Trumper fleas is to send everything to court. This wont fly.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:44pm
Welcome back Shammy. Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:47pm
Hey Shammy, instead of all this legal chicanery, obstruction and deception, why dont the Trump mob just send in the witnesses and documents and show they have done nothing wrong?

Because they are as guilty as sin and need a cover up to try to worm out of trouble. Nobody accepts anb impeachment on ''principle''

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 2:56pm
Now that you lot think Noah Feldman is the authority on this, do you reverse all the harsh things he said about Trump clearly committing impeachable offenses, and what about Turley, your hand picked expert saying that Trump's letter was far from perfect? You all conveniently left that bit out when praising him.

Impeachment is forever baby.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:45pm
Interesting discussion of that article on twitter between Feldman and Laurence Tribe who is advising the Democrats and was the one who proposed a temporary withholding of the articles. 
It finishes with this exchange regarding a scholarly debate which becomes moot when Nancy sends them over. They agree to both go after McConnell.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:47pm
"Impeachment is forever baby." Deary me.
How about impeachment losing it's credibility after this stunt?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:49pm
Impeachment is like pregnancy, there isn't a lite version as Trump and Doc insist.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:52pm
Classic PT - "one Trumper lawyer" (as if he's a RW Avenatti type) soon followed by the same bloke being quoted as part of a "scholarly debate."

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:53pm

Impeachment is like pregnancy, there isn't a lite version as Trump and Doc insist.

There is now.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:56pm
Just pointing out the hypocrisy of changing Trumper positions on those same lawyers depending on their opinions on any given issue depending on whether it suits their ever changing positions, but as usual you dont get it.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:58pm
I know you Trump cultists are hurting today stayer so I will cut you slack.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 3:58pm
Just pointing out your changing opinion within an hour, but as usual you have no integrity.

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:03pm
Gee - a PT golden patch there - 7 out of 10 posts - 5 in a row. Makes that bloke on the Folau thread look second rate !

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:05pm

Depends how you look at things, of course. You could for example see this as a great moment for team Trump because the dems have been shown up to be so obsessed with downing Trump that they have finally managed to force a phony "impeachment" gimmick by numbers, which they won't follow up on, while offering nothing but garbage that would make Corbyn blush. The only bi-partisan thing about the impeachment rubbish was that a couple of dems had the integrity to vote against it.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
Had a nana nap today in these oppressive conditions and am invigorated oneone. Saw a new Sad Threads destined Doc thread and couldn't resist. Little stayer chiming in was a bonus. Shammy returning from his exile in the desert was a cherry on top.

-------------

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

There is now.

Stayer the trolling little worm has arrived Cry

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:09pm

Depends how you look at things, of course. You could for example see this as a great moment for team Trump because the dems have been shown up to be so obsessed with downing Trump that they have finally managed to force a phony "impeachment" gimmick by numbers, which they won't follow up on, while offering nothing but garbage that would make Corbyn blush. The only bi-partisan thing about the impeachment rubbish was that a couple of dems had the integrity to vote against it.

Or he is guilty as charged.

What sort of person refuses to allow witnesses and evidence that could clear him quite simply, and allows himself to be impeached instead.

It doesn't take rocket science to work out it is a guilty person.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 4:16pm
You can set your clock by him Whale.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

There is now.

Get effed you creepy creepy man.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 5:55pm

What sort of person refuses to allow witnesses and evidence that could clear him quite simply, and allows himself to be impeached instead.

Sounds a lot like your arguments about Pell.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:28pm

There is now.

do they teach you that language in church, or is that just what the priests do to little boys ?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:31pm
No way this thread is headed for the SAD file. Well past the required 13 posts

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:37pm
Don't know where you got 13 posts, not from me

It is a bit flexible but the basic criteria is 2 or 3 pages

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:42pm
Don’t take it so seriously Whale

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:44pm
How about you refer any suspect thread to me first before you act - i’ll do an Official Post count. You can trust me

-------------

Posted By: rusty nails
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:46pm

That’s quite amusing.
Irony I presume?

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:47pm
31 “Official Posts To Date” ( OPTD )

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:50pm
Make that 32 OPTD - Rusty just pushed in

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

How about you refer any suspect thread to me first before you act - i’ll do an Official Post count. You can trust me

There are other factors, for instance your latest thread qualifies but it is in good spirit, no hidden agenda or having a dig at anyone , so I did not include it Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:56pm
Oh thanks Whale - you are a real sport

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

That’s quite amusing.
Irony I presume?

No. A bit of pizz-taking, but no irony.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Don’t take it so seriously Whale

as if, some seem to take it seriously though Confused

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2019 at 9:03pm
SHAMMY ----      Brightens up the day.

Always good to see your name but I understand your standing off the
" Australia " Debate ,   as the Country falls victim to being "crumpeted ".

Inevitable, consequence of our choices for breeding stock over the more recent generations.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 6:20am

There is now.

do they teach you that language in church, or is that just what the priests do to little boys ?

These are the smae control freak people who think they have the right to dictate their standards to us, potty mouths and all it seems.Ouch

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:46am
You tell em Stayer .

Too many losers lately, has these lefties grasping for straws.

Our gang of green backs are notably scathing in their reaction.

It wasn't our fault Shorten fell through the floor , Boris blitzed em , Trump is flying ,   Greta looks all of her 90 years , Nancy isn't as pretty as Melania   ( or Melania's Dog. )etc etc

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:48am
I just checked maxie, Donald is still impeached.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:56am
And I hear Shammy is back in witness protection.

He saw what he thought was a run, broke out, but unfortunatelygot onto Doc's back and the gap he thought was there slammed shut(that's what you get for getting between 2 lawyers and an opinion) Shame.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 10:00am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

You tell em Stayer .

Too many losers lately, has these lefties grasping for straws.

Our gang of green backs are notably scathing in their reaction.

It wasn't our fault Shorten fell through the floor , Boris blitzed em , Trump is flying ,   Greta looks all of her 90 years , Nancy isn't as pretty as Melania   ( or Melania's Dog. )etc etc

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:27pm
Nancy Pelosi: ”He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does. He’s impeached forever because he violated our Constitution,”

-------------

Posted By: horlicks
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 1:43pm
Section 2, clause 5 of the US constitution

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:21pm
That's right.

It is remarkable that so many people believe that Impeachment describes the trial of an elected official before the legislature.  It doesn't.  Impeachment only describes the statement of charges against the defendant, like an indictment in the criminal justice system.  

Trump is Impeached.  He has been charged by the Representatives.   He will be tried by the Senate. 

He was impeached by a simple majority of the Representatives.  A conviction will require a super-majority (i.e. 2/3rds) of Senators.  If convicted by the Senate he will be removed from office. 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 2:25pm
There is just a debate going on among law professors as to whether a President is impeached following the House ruling or on reciept and acceptance of the articles in the Senate. It followed an opinion piece by Noah Rothman. He has been pounced on by a multitude of other lawyers but embraced by Trump's fav Epstein lawyer Dershowitz. It is just a ''how many angels can fit on the head of a pin'' debate

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:26pm

Don't know where you got 13 posts, not from me

It is a bit flexible but the basic criteria is 2 or 3 pages

LOL ... "it's a bit flexible"

Like impeachment by AOC's bitch Skeletor Pelosi is "a bit flexible" eh Whale!LOL

What do your "Focus Groups" tell you Whale?

Is it what the Dems "Focus Groups" are telling them???

nobody cares. 

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by Tontonan Tontonan wrote:

That's right.

It is remarkable that so many people believe that Impeachment describes the trial of an elected official before the legislature.  It doesn't.  Impeachment only describes the statement of charges against the defendant, like an indictment in the criminal justice system.  

Trump is Impeached.  He has been charged by the Representatives.   He will be tried by the Senate. 

He was impeached by a simple majority of the Representatives.  A conviction will require a super-majority (i.e. 2/3rds) of Senators.  If convicted by the Senate he will be removed from office. 

... and what if Skeletor's "focus groups" tell her that moving ahead is suicide, and she predictably soils her adult diaper, and she NEVER files these articles with the Senate ... what do you call that?

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:43pm

Nancy Pelosi: ”He just got impeached. He’ll be impeached forever. No matter what the Senate does. He’s impeached forever because he violated our Constitution,”

It seems like she is NOT going to do anything ... because if they do have a trial, he will be PROVEN to have violated nothing ... I'm sure that the American Voters will be understanding - they realise this was all a scam from a desperate bunch of unelectable parasites.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:47pm

And I hear Shammy is back in witness protection.

He saw what he thought was a run, broke out, but unfortunatelygot onto Doc's back and the gap he thought was there slammed shut(that's what you get for getting between 2 lawyers and an opinion) Shame.

So this is all going well for the Dems now PT?Embarrassed

How long will it be before Trump is out ... and no cheating - November 2024 is already taken!Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:54pm

There is now.

These are the smae control freak people who think they have the right to dictate their standards to us, potty mouths and all it seems.Ouch

But PT, surely Impeachment IS like pregnancy in the Dem's Pro-Choice world of post term abortions ... Nancy looks like she's all set to terminate this one ... and just because she doesn't like the look of what might be born of it!Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2019 at 8:55pm
Hey Whale, how many? ... eff off.LOL

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 10:23pm
So, a week away for me and it seems that Trump may never be Impeached! 

... had a lovely pancake stack at the "Terrorist Terrace Espresso Bar" in Brunswick Heads on Christmas Eve I must say! ... not sure that the locals quite knew how to take my "FAKE NEWS" T-shirt though!Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Dec 2019 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

... had a lovely pancake stack at the "Terrorist Terrace Espresso Bar" in Brunswick Heads on Christmas Eve I must say! ... not sure that the locals quite knew how to take my "FAKE NEWS" T-shirt though!Cry

YOU SPELT FAKE WRONG ...     & Whale is never there when you need him .

Like when he thought I was promoting him to the Rank of Counts.

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:38am
Careful Doc, if you spend too much time here in paradise it might humanize you.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 8:21pm

Doc, go away. Nobody missed you and nobody likes you, not even your 9 :friends" on FB or the couple to whom you paid $500 to have lunch with you LOL

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 9:02pm

It's ok PT ... only stayed long enough to enjoy the local breakfast and coffee ... mmmm ... not sure what V or GF on the menu means, but I wasn't risking waiting around for one of those burnt out old hippies to tell me to Get F--ked in Veganese ... Tongue 

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 9:03pm

Doc, go away. Nobody missed you and nobody likes you, not even your 9 :friends" on FB or the couple to whom you paid $500 to have lunch with you LOL

Merry Christmas Whale, and Happy Santa's Birthday!HeartHug

-------------

Date Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 10:37pm
DOC ... You should be shattered ....    Don't listen to those remarks , They were coming from the sewer.

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:36pm
Looking like Trump's Impeachment hearing won't be concluded until after 2024.

Them Dems are gooood! ... they should really be in charge of the free world ... just not sure which one?Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 2:49pm
The Sloppy Steve Bannon show has been interesting this week Doc.

Non stop Biden Biden, Biden.

Seems almost as though they have heard McConnell is at the end of his tether and about to cut the Orange Idiot loose to save his precious Senate.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:10pm
Stick to the Fantasy Football PT.

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 3:26pm

It's ok PT ... only stayed long enough to enjoy the local breakfast and coffee ... mmmm ... not sure what V or GF on the menu means, but I wasn't risking waiting around for one of those burnt out old hippies to tell me to Get F--ked in Veganese ... Tongue 

Date Posted: 12 Jan 2020 at 11:18pm
It's like the CLIMATE EMERGENCY!!! ... RRRREEEEE!!!Cry

Don't Panic ... there is no emergency and no impeachment ... it's ALL FAKE!

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 4:48am
Nancy will send them over when she is ready. Maybe this week, maybe next week.

Why would you be in any hurry to send them to commence a trial that McConnell is boasting he will rig and that there is no possibility that they will even look like being fair, making a lie of the oath they will swear to at the beginning of the process.

Trump continues to crime away and Nancy is just putting together new articles. Hard to keep up with this rolling crime spree, but she is doing a fabulous job.

Evidence Trump obstructed by withholding is flooding out through court rulings, witnesses are coming forward saying they want to testify, non of which would have happened had Nancy handed them over last month. Pressure is building on crooked vulnerable Republicans to just look a bit fair. They will acquit Trump, but will look guilty as sin of putting on a rigged trial to cover up. 

The final verdict will be in November, not at the end of the trial, and Republicans desperate to hold the Senate are sh*tting themselves.

How good has Nancy played this?Thumbs Up.

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 6:27am
according to donald, Nancy is the worst speaker of all time. Even by his standards that is a bit rich considering Denny Hastert a previous republican speaker is a self confessed kiddy fiddler

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 6:35am
Donald projects bigly.

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 9:29am
Nancy is a alco who doesn't make sense when she is sober

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 10:14am
Trump in December demanded his Senate trial so that Mitch could exonerate him.

Today he is demanding the trial be cancelled and him declared the winner.

How a month of waiting and watching Republicans self destruct as evidence and witnesses emerge has changed things.

Corrupt Mr Barr can't control this one.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjX94fhsf_mAhUK6XMBHchnAeoQFjADegQIBxAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fworld-us-canada-50863967&usg=AOvVaw2XgDzh8a--PqN-6LWk1efe" rel="nofollow -

- Trump impeachment: President demands immediate Senate trial

- - https://www.bbc.com › news › world-us-canada-50863967
Dec 20, 2019 - Trump impeachment: President demands immediate Senate trial ... the Republican-controlled Senate is refusing witnesses and will not hold a fair trial. ... Joe Biden and his son Hunter, and then refused to co-operate with a ...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump" rel="nofollow -
- - - ✔ https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216448547777908737" rel="nofollow - -

Many believe that by the Senate giving credence to a trial based on the no evidence, no crime, read the transcripts, “no pressure” Impeachment Hoax, rather than an outright dismissal, it gives the partisan Democrat Witch Hunt credibility that it otherwise does not have. I agree!

Date Posted: 13 Jan 2020 at 12:21pm
The trial is over PT ... the Dems did their best, and their own people are walking away, they want nothing to do with the scam ... 

Gotta love Skelator the old Poker Face though ... she's a gambler!

She went all in on nothing when she knew she had to show her hand! LOL

I hope you didn't spend too much money on Popcorn PT, in anticipation of the Impeachment Trial/WWIII TV EXTRAVAGANZA!!!Dead

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net