Print Page | Close Window

The Greens

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Joffs All Sports Bar
Forum Description: Visit the famous All Sports Forum to chat with friends about any sporting topic
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=64799
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 9:01pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: The Greens
Posted By: Baghdad Bob
Subject: The Greens
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:00am
We all know how high profile Greens like Bandt and Di Natalie are out of touch with reality and live in their own world , however the latest attempt by unknown Green councillors on the Melbourne City Council takes Green philosophy to an even greater level of stupidity.
Councillor Rohan Leppert on Tuesday proposed a motion before council that the annual Melbourne Cup Parade through the Melbourne CBD on Cup Eve should not be held and that ratepayers should not be helping to fund a “cruel” industry.
The motion was lost 7-3.
I do not know how that motion would have gone over with all those ratepayers in the CBD, the vast majority would be retailers or food vendors, who benefit by those attending the parade.

Replies:
Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:08am
was it really necessary to start a thread, there are plenty of other threads you could have posted ?
Just fuelling your obsessions I guess Ouch

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:18am
Says Mr "Sad Thread" & Mr "Here is the News"  Ouch 

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
Stick to your daily jog/ fast walking Whale

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Stick to your daily jog/ fast walking Whale

sure fatso, whatever you say LOL

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:26am
No need to quote a post directly above Whale. You don't take direction very well do you !

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:28am

just trying to save him from making the mistakes I have made Wink, or more pertinently the mistakes you have made, King of the sad threads LOL

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:29am

No need to quote a post directly above Whale. You don't take direction very well do you !

sorry, what are you saying ? 

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:37am

Are you suggesting that it could have gone into the News thread?

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
Take your pick:

News Thread
How Dumb are the Greens?
Greens For Real?
Adam Bandt
Racehorse Slaughter
Sad Threads

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:43am
I think the News thread is under - appreciated, perfect for a topic like this Smile

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 11:50am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-9D59uIZcI" rel="nofollow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-9D59uIZcI

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:12pm
Bob is putting in a late bid for the ribbon for most threads 2019.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:18pm
Running is too strenuous in your physical condition oneone. You should try yoga, less stressful on your heart.

Image result for how to do yoga gif

-------------

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:20pm
Now That takes a bit of topping.

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:22pm
Have you blokes ( SC & PT ) thought that by my posting under that new thread of "The Greens", rather than some long forgotten thread, I am doing so to intentionally agitate you ?

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Running is too strenuous in your physical condition oneone. You should try yoga, less stressful on your heart.

Image result for how to do yoga gif

Thats a massive LOL.
Post of the month.
Clap

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Have you blokes ( SC & PT ) thought that by my posting under that new thread of "The Greens", rather than some long forgotten thread, I am doing so to intentionally agitate you ?

Related image

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 12:48pm
Back to the content of my post, a bit more on councilor Rohan Leppert .

https://greens.org.au/vic/person/rohan-leppert" rel="nofollow - https://greens.org.au/vic/person/rohan-leppert

The fact he campaigned for Adam Bandt was enough for me to turn off my corn flakes this morning. No doubt he did not back the winner of the Melbourne Cup and is dirty on the racing industry, however he
seems to be an "arty" type of person, at one time stood for mayor and if he had won he would made history in Melbourne to be elected as the first openly gay lord mayor .

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 1:16pm
Back from my jog/ walk, threw up, I feel great now Smile

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don't forget your medication ... Including a few finger nails .

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 2:56pm

Related image

The old “I did it on purpose to see if you’d notice” excuse. Has anyone in the history of the world ever bought that?

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Don't forget your medication ... Including a few finger nails .
Macca rouses from his stupor a few times a day to "contribute " his wisdom LOL

But seriously, they put dogs and cats out of their misery  Confused

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:11pm
And Bob himself started the rather less than stellar Adam Brandt thread about two weeks ago.  LOL

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 3:20pm
Since when has Adam Bandt being a Greens member on the Melbourne City Council ? Green members of that council proposed the cancellation of the Melbourne Cup Eve Parade, that was the content of my initial post.

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:26pm
Well Bandt got a big mention in your post Bob.  But more importantly consider this word or concept: narrative.

You're not sure what it means, well this should assist: spoken or written account of connected events; a linked story.  Or to put it the reverse way, you post any number of one-off efforts which within themselves are narrow and without context.  However by combining them all a related and moving story is presented.  

That's narrative Bob.  You should try it someday.  Wink

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Well Bandt got a big mention in your post Bob.  But more importantly consider this word or concept: narrative.

You're not sure what it means, well this should assist: spoken or written account of connected events; a linked story.  Or to put it the reverse way, you post any number of one-off efforts which within themselves are narrow and without context.  However by combining them all a related and moving story is presented.  

That's narrative Bob.  You should try it someday.  Wink

We all know how high profile Greens like Bandt and Di Natalie are out of touch with reality and live in their own world 

SC,that was my initial post, it was hardly a "big mention ", a mention yes, but hardly big.

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm
Maybe so Big Bob.

But consider this: the Pell thread for example has survived marvelously in one piece despite opinion here and there by people of the Right (who you embrace) those of Labor supporters (who you don't) and Greens (who you despise).  Critically there's not another thread as every turn in the road occurs or a disparate leftie opinion is expressed. 

It's a great inclusive thread.  It's narrative writ large.

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:48pm
ps but all that aside, long may you post here BD. Smile

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 5:57pm
SC. no worries, if this forum did not have posters of the all political persuasions right it would eventually die. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter between posters of those varying political persuasions to keep the forum alive.

Posted By: Dr E
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:01pm
The Greens are the most dangerous thing facing the Australian community, economy and ecology ... they are simply unrepresentative fcuked up people.

These unhinged out of touch activists get elected in these little backward thinking councils because the real people are too busy working and living their life ... then they collude with the unhinged leftie Public Servants and the Bureucrats to do what they want.

They are a Shiff-stain on our society, and very, very dangerous.

How about this one - telling us that Firefighters will go home and abuse their spouse ... fiddlesticks, this sheilla is just another opportunistic, arrogant, elitist, inner city, lying cup cake ... like the vast majority of Greens!Dead

Greens are slammed over extraordinary claims firefighters battling Australia's devastating blazes will return home to BASH their partners

• Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday 
  • Domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody spoke with alongside Ms Waters 
  • Ms Moody made extraordinary claim firefighters' partners will be beaten 
  • She took to Facebook to say research shows domestic violence will peak  
  • The Greens have since distanced themselves from Ms Moody and the claims 

A domestic violence advocate has been blasted over claims firefighters trying to bring Australia's bushfire crisis under control will return home to beat their partners. 

Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday where domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody made the extraordinary claim.

'After a cataclysmic event like this, domestic violence peaks,' Ms Moody said on Wednesday afternoon as Senator Waters watched on. 

'Women become extremely unsafe when, generally, the men return home from the fires and subject them to domestic violence.' 

Ms Moody, the head of the Red Heart Campaign against domestic violence, took to Facebook to double down on her claims.

'What happens when domestic violence perpetrators finish their work on the frontline of a major crisis? They abuse women in their lives - harder than they ever have,' she wrote.

'I am not saying every firefighter, emergency service responder or victim of this crisis is a perpetrator.' 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:06pm
You are getting a bit soft Doc, I can barely sense your normal outrage lately. You need to lift.
Here is something you can be outraged about. Has a whiff of Greens all over it.
A word of caution though, this is Sky News and could well be a lie.Wink

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6103492002001?fbclid=IwAR1RttYrtncV8Gs9DBd1jdeG7ftO7ulaEu6-qLqgJ7UtqWfNh1Rpj84lQOs" rel="nofollow - https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6103492002001?fbclid=IwAR1RttYrtncV8Gs9DBd1jdeG7ftO7ulaEu6-qLqgJ7UtqWfNh1Rpj84lQOs

Sydney council votes to scrap Australia Day celebrations

14/11/2019|2min

Sydney's Inner West Council has voted overwhelmingly in support of scrapping Australia Day celebrations on January 26. Instead, councillors are asking residents to learn more about the country's Indigenous heritage.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:40pm

SC. no worries, if this forum did not have posters of the all political persuasions right it would eventually die. Nothing wrong with a bit of banter between posters of those varying political persuasions to keep the forum alive.

C'Mon Bob your a big boy now, when your young you work for the ball , as you get older you make the ball work for you, so a bit of hip and shoulder old son and if it's not good enough take a walk on the " blindside".

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:42pm
So which "Indigenous Heritage" are they talking about PT?

Is it the real one that was reported by real historians when they observed Aborigines when white settlement occured, or the one that is being made up by the Fake Aboriginal who is being funded by the government and given a platform by Your ABC?

So tell me, are you supporting that gormless cup cake Larissa Waters? ... don't you go looking at any bushfires, and then get caught for domestic violence afterwards!Cool

Good to see that you are weaning yourself off CNN, and finding out what is going on in the real world too!Thumbs Up

-------------
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
Is Larissa Waters on Sydney's Inner West Council Doc? 

Maybe Adam Bandt is?Lamp

-------------

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

The Greens are the most dangerous thing facing the Australian community, economy and ecology ... they are simply unrepresentative fcuked up people.

These unhinged out of touch activists get elected in these little backward thinking councils because the real people are too busy working and living their life ... then they collude with the unhinged leftie Public Servants and the Bureucrats to do what they want.

How about this one - telling us that Firefighters will go home and abuse their spouse ... fiddlesticks, this sheilla is just another opportunistic, arrogant, elitist, inner city, lying cup cake ... like the vast majority of Greens!Dead

<h2 style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; min-height: 1px; font-size: 34px; letter-spacing: -0.01em; line-height: 40px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif;">Greens are slammed over extraordinary claims firefighters battling Australia's devastating blazes will return home to BASH their partners</h2><ul ="mol-bullets-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 4px 0px 4px 16px; min-height: 1px; letter-spacing: -0.01em; list-style-: disc; font-size: 10px; line-height: 22px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif;"><li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><strong style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody spoke with alongside Ms Waters <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Ms Moody made extraordinary claim firefighters' partners will be beaten <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">She took to Facebook to say research shows domestic violence will peak  <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">The Greens have since distanced themselves from Ms Moody and the claims 
<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">A domestic violence advocate has been blasted over claims firefighters trying to bring Australia's bushfire crisis under control will return home to beat their partners. 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday where domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody made the extraordinary claim.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'After a cataclysmic event like this, domestic violence peaks,' Ms Moody said on Wednesday afternoon as Senator Waters watched on. 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'Women become extremely unsafe when, generally, the men return home from the fires and subject them to domestic violence.' 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Ms Moody, the head of the Red Heart Campaign against domestic violence, took to Facebook to double down on her claims.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'What happens when domestic violence perpetrators finish their work on the frontline of a major crisis? They abuse women in their lives - harder than they ever have,' she wrote.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'I am not saying every firefighter, emergency service responder or victim of this crisis is a perpetrator.' 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html

And yet they are 100% correct.

It is a shame they did not have the balls to stick strong.

Those predisposed to domestic violence are likely to offend.

Nothing wrong with outing this.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:55pm

Maybe Adam Bandt is?Lamp

More questions PT! ... are you really THAT rattled by the truth?Embarrassed

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

<h2 style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; min-height: 1px; font-size: 34px; letter-spacing: -0.01em; line-height: 40px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif;">Greens are slammed over extraordinary claims firefighters battling Australia's devastating blazes will return home to BASH their partners</h2><ul ="mol-bullets-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 8px; padding: 4px 0px 4px 16px; min-height: 1px; letter-spacing: -0.01em; list-style-: disc; font-size: 10px; line-height: 22px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif;"><li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><strong style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody spoke with alongside Ms Waters <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">Ms Moody made extraordinary claim firefighters' partners will be beaten <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">She took to Facebook to say research shows domestic violence will peak  <li ="" style="padding: 2px 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: disc; letter-spacing: -0.01em;"><b style="letter-spacing: -0.01em;">The Greens have since distanced themselves from Ms Moody and the claims 
<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">A domestic violence advocate has been blasted over claims firefighters trying to bring Australia's bushfire crisis under control will return home to beat their partners. 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Greens Senator Larissa Waters held a press conference on Wednesday where domestic violence advocate Sherele Moody made the extraordinary claim.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'After a cataclysmic event like this, domestic violence peaks,' Ms Moody said on Wednesday afternoon as Senator Waters watched on. 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'Women become extremely unsafe when, generally, the men return home from the fires and subject them to domestic violence.' 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Ms Moody, the head of the Red Heart Campaign against domestic violence, took to Facebook to double down on her claims.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'What happens when domestic violence perpetrators finish their work on the frontline of a major crisis? They abuse women in their lives - harder than they ever have,' she wrote.

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">'I am not saying every firefighter, emergency service responder or victim of this crisis is a perpetrator.' 

<p ="mol-para-with-font" style="margin: 0px 0px 16px; padding: 0px; min-height: 0px; letter-spacing: -0.17px; font-family: graphik, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html" rel="nofollow - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7680461/Firefighters-battling-blazes-return-home-BASH-partners-domestic-violence-advocate-claims.html

And yet they are 100% correct.

It is a shame they did not have the balls to stick strong.

Those predisposed to domestic violence are likely to offend.

Nothing wrong with outing this.

The fcuk what? ... the author of the report that the unhinged feminist was quoting - as the Greens Parasite Larissa Waters nodded approvingly - has come out and said it was misquoted ... try to keep up and don't be so lazy ... and don't let anyone in the house who has been fighting a fire ... Wacko

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:02pm

Maybe Adam Bandt is?Lamp

No, neither are not, but if you go to the council home page you will get a better idea of the councilors and no guessing the issues that hold their interests

https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/about/the-council/mayor-and-councillors" rel="nofollow - https://www.innerwest.nsw.gov.au/about/the-council/mayor-and-councillors

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:04pm
Why can't any of you apparently lobotomized posters check Preview before posting???  Confused

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:10pm
They were pretty easy questions I thought. 

-------------

Date Posted: 14 Nov 2019 at 7:12pm
Double negative, my error. Watch out I will peruse your posts a little more carefully in the future.LOL

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:49pm
As the Greens have so much respect for native flora and fauna and will come down hard on the government if any legislation is proposed that might have repercussions for that flora and fauna I was wondering if they had a can of Mortein in their house to kill flies ?

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:25pm
No doubt most of them wear leather shoes and belts, drink coffee from a styrofoam cup, and I bet at least 50% smoke and drink LOL

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm

As the Greens have so much respect for native flora and fauna and will come down hard on the government if any legislation is proposed that might have repercussions for that flora and fauna I was wondering if they had a can of Mortein in their house to kill flies ?

Even worse they probably have a fly swat.

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

No doubt most of them wear leather shoes and belts, drink coffee from a styrofoam cup, and I bet at least 50% smoke and drink LOL

Heard an interesting story on NPR. Did you know that the price of leather has plunged?

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 9:45pm
Could be old daisy and her mates have gone dry and the dairy industry depleted, cattle that can't be maintained all of for slaughter with a glut of hides, then again could be synthetic rubbish from o/s , just guessing really.

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 11:55pm
If you don't fly or use a motor vehicle.   Own or use any electrical appliances , rely on the Rythym method .
You are on your way to become a true Greenie.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 8:32am
Hey maxie I have heard some greens now even use soap.Shocked

They aint what they used to be.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 10:49am
Oh, but they are ... they need to learn to use the soap to wash with ... not just to drop it in the shower at the gym ... Pinch

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
The fellas at Nimbin looked like a bit of soap , and a hair cut and shampoo, wouldnt go astray .   Just the ones I saw on TV that is,, shouting and hand waving.  I wasnt quite sure what they were on about or who,s side they were on tho ?  Confused  I know there was a fire going thru their alternate lifestyle green commune , but I think when the flames arrived in sight, they may have had a change of heart .  Maybe they were asking for more soap ?
Anyway, i do feel for them and wouldnt wish fire on anyone.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:38am
That is what happens when competing right wing crooked agendas meet. Narratives get tied in knots.

Good for you for recognizing the blatant lies AA.Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 11:40am
Doc in his constant state of cognitive dissonance will never see it. He will just continue arguing both sides of the same argument, totally oblivious to the fact he is arguing with himself and happy to lie either case.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:17pm
What were they shouting about ?  Embarrassed And who were they shouting at ?  And what did they want ?Confused  Besides soap and a hair cut ?
Golly those great long dreadlocks all tangled together must get hot and itchy, especially in the heat. Cry

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 12:48pm
They didn't want their homes burning, and it was State Labor member for Lismore Janelle Saffin and Federal Labor leader Albo they were yelling at.

Not sure about their appearance but it doesn't bother or influence me towards a bias, as doesn't toothless bogans with mullets half way down their backs covered with tatts that appear frequently on prime time news having witnessed crimes in their Western Suburbs.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 4:46pm
Who cares about the greens. They are almost irrelevant. They are the equivalent of some dude in his 50s posting political memes nonstop on Facebook thinking his family and friends care despite getting little more than one or two occasional pity likes.

Posted By: Afros
Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 5:07pm
Close on 1.5 million votes in both houses at this years federal election yet the rightards still try to pretend they are irrelevant.

These same people also seem convinced the Nationals with their nearly 650k lower house and 25k upper house votes are a relevant force. In reality the Nationals are the prime example of an irrelevant party, literally nothing more than a minor party hanging on to the Libs coat tails to pretend they're relevant.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 5:12pm
And yes I am aware of the LNP, even if we say the LNP vote was split 50-50 between the Libs and Nats that still leaves the Nats behind the Greens.

Date Posted: 16 Nov 2019 at 6:00pm
Both the Nats & Greens are irrelevant largely. They hold little political power. Minor parties at best.

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 10:52pm
Greens will soon have more support than the rudderless parasites, the ALP. Not because they are increasing their support either.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 11:27pm
Greens are such fools.   No idea about the real world.   Just the spruke about the domestic violence issues with firies returning home shows their true colours. 
Really, who in their right mind would say something like that Clown

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 5:52am
Well it was backed up by statistics that suggest domestic violence incidents increase around large scale traumatic events. Thr timing of putting it out there was wrong however. Also there was 0% chance the Murdoch media were going to use the domestic violence increases around events like this line, they were always going to go with the 'GREENS SAY OUR BRAVE FIRE FIGHTERS WILL GO HOME AND BASH THE gelati OUT OF THEIR WIVES' angle.

It wasn't as dumb as the beetrooter using peoples deaths for political points at least.

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 7:29am
Who would say something as stupid or appalling as the people who burned in fires were obviously Green voters or that God brought this disaster because of same sex marriage?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:05am
Do the female fireys arrive home and exact domestic violence on their partners ?

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:12am

Who would say something as stupid or appalling as the people who burned in fires were obviously Green voters or that God brought this disaster because of same sex marriage?
or that all these fires were caused by Climate Change !

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:15am

or that all these fires were caused by Climate Change !
or that if sent the economy broke & put a 100% commitment to addressing Climate Change it wouldn't make a skerrick of difference to our climate

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:44am
Do you have evidence other than Daisy or Bolta that going renewable and cleaning up the environment would send us broke?

Credible economists say the opposite.

I see yesterday in the Daily Rupert that the SA Liberal govt wants to double their battery storage. Dont they know that would be economy destroying? Dont they remember when they rasiled against the Labor govt building it?

Oh, that was when they were in opposition and on the national body's ''coal is king'' talking points. Funny how state govts when they are actually responsible for the state's purse become pragmatists over ideologues.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:46am
And the NSW Liberal Party have been asked by Morrison to ramp up the desal plants to save Barnaby's arse.

Times have certainly changed on that one too oneone.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:49am
& even if you are correct PT - is any of that going to actually influence the planets Climate. China forecast to build another 300 coal powered plants over the next few years - mostly out of China. The need for more power in third-world countries totally dwarfs anything we can do to change it.

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 9:52am
Are they using ''clean coal'' that the LNP govt is selling them?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Nov 2019 at 10:10am
Plenty of coal reserves around the world. Last I read it was China setting the ground rules picking & choosing how much they want to get from us. India as well. They see us as hypocrites. Which of course we are. Fact remains if we pulled the pin tomorrow exporting coal nothing would change in the mid-term - except we would lose one of our biggest earners. Oh - & a few billion people might get cold or have to sit in the dark for a little while - but that wouldn't matter would it ? By the way, haven't we been hitting our renewable targets ? 

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 12:10am
oneone - you have to understand that there is no Climate Emergency in China, India or Africa ... China are already Communists, whilst India and Africa have no money to extort!Smile

...meanwhile, in every wealthy country - BAN COAL!!! 11 YEARS TO ARMAGGEDON!!! GRETA SAYS PANIC NOW!!! GLUE YOURSELF TO THE ROADS!!! GIVE A COUPLE MORE BILLION TO THE UNITED NATIONS AND RENEWABLE SUBSIDIES TO STOP THE FIRES!!! ... RRRRREEEEEE!!!Cry

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:20pm
Once again Richard Di Natale has attempted to gain political capital by criticizing Scott Morrison over his "inaction" over climate change. Di Natale on Sky News accused Morrison of putting lives at risk because of his "inaction over climate change". I do not know what Di Natale had expected Morrison to do ?
Maybe cut back tree branches in a state forest, mow back undergrowth beside public highways, turn off his television at night to reduce electricity consumption, who knows what else Di Natale expected. I would like to know what Di Natale had done himself.

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:32pm
His party actually has a bushfire policy Bob. Does the Liberal Party?

PS, I dont think Di Natale is Robinson Crusoe in calling out Morrison's feckless leadership. Check almost any newspaper in the western world.

https://greens.org.au/nsw/policies/bushfire-risk-management" rel="nofollow - https://greens.org.au/nsw/policies/bushfire-risk-management

-------------

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:33pm
moronson took a lump of coal into parliament a while back Bob - what do you reckon the reaction would be if he did it again this year?

Date Posted: 06 Jan 2020 at 9:37pm

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:44am

Once again Richard Di Natale has attempted to gain political capital by criticizing Scott Morrison over his "inaction" over climate change. Di Natale on Sky News accused Morrison of putting lives at risk because of his "inaction over climate change". I do not know what Di Natale had expected Morrison to do ?
Maybe cut back tree branches in a state forest, mow back undergrowth beside public highways, turn off his television at night to reduce electricity consumption, who knows what else Di Natale expected. I would like to know what Di Natale had done himself.

It's clear to Blind Freddy that Di Nutter and his Labor Coalition Partners are culpable - they stopped the fuel reduction that was a recommendation of multiple Royal Commissions - then the divisive lying parasitic cup cake calls for ANOTHER Royal Commission for fcuks sake!!!

Now they are simply deflecting like PT, and they are being aided and abetted by their biased media mates who would rather listen to foul mouthed feral hippies who stole a goat.

They should all be in a cell together facing murder charges.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 5:53am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

moronson took a lump of coal into parliament a while back Bob - what do you reckon the reaction would be if he did it again this year?

What tf has any of this got to do with coal you clueless dribbler?

Hot dry windy weather, massive build up of fuel due to Green ignorance and ideology, and ignition ... BOOM! ... the perfect storm, and it was just a matter of time.

The ALP/Greens lie - they are responsible for the problem - the recommendations have been to INCREASE THE FUEL REDUCTION PROGRAM BECAUSE IT WAS INADEQUATE. they have resisted that.

Read something and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.bobbrown.org.au/it_s_time_to_stop_lighting_fires?fbclid=IwAR1IOb8h5XgIJaCMJVHBWqAryRncVnskN7aPpk82V_JpE4EusDcw1guJCWY" rel="nofollow - https://www.bobbrown.org.au/it_s_time_to_stop_lighting_fires?fbclid=IwAR1IOb8h5XgIJaCMJVHBWqAryRncVnskN7aPpk82V_JpE4EusDcw1guJCWY

You will also enjoy this.

The ideological drive behind the Greens

The Greens operate out of a set of ideological principles and beliefs that extend beyond the warm, cuddly environmentalism they wrap themselves in.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-12/the_ideological_drive_behind_the_greens/41010?fbclid=IwAR3gYw5Li56AlKaOf6V5yyFgNzUTy-fp2rfSsoXGioT9nkeqDBjkrA9W7dk" rel="nofollow - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-12/the_ideological_drive_behind_the_greens/41010?fbclid=IwAR3gYw5Li56AlKaOf6V5yyFgNzUTy-fp2rfSsoXGioT9nkeqDBjkrA9W7dk

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:29am
Hey shouty, I'll connect the dots for you, coal = emissions = increased co2 levels = contributing to climate change.

What do you think of Morrisons idea to make climate protests illegal?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 6:50am
Morrison is a climate change neophyte, he said the link between climate change is real Doc.

What are your thoughts on Morrison's new position?

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:38am

Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

What tf has any of this got to do with coal you clueless dribbler?

Hot dry windy weather, massive build up of fuel due to Green ignorance and ideology, and ignition ... BOOM! ... the perfect storm, and it was just a matter of time.

The ALP/Greens lie - they are responsible for the problem - the recommendations have been to INCREASE THE FUEL REDUCTION PROGRAM BECAUSE IT WAS INADEQUATE. they have resisted that.

Read something and stop embarrassing yourself.

https://www.bobbrown.org.au/it_s_time_to_stop_lighting_fires?fbclid=IwAR1IOb8h5XgIJaCMJVHBWqAryRncVnskN7aPpk82V_JpE4EusDcw1guJCWY" rel="nofollow - https://www.bobbrown.org.au/it_s_time_to_stop_lighting_fires?fbclid=IwAR1IOb8h5XgIJaCMJVHBWqAryRncVnskN7aPpk82V_JpE4EusDcw1guJCWY

You will also enjoy this.

The ideological drive behind the Greens

The Greens operate out of a set of ideological principles and beliefs that extend beyond the warm, cuddly environmentalism they wrap themselves in.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/kevin-andrews/30584" rel="nofollow - Kevin Andrews is the Federal Member for Menzies and the shadow minister for families, housing and human services.LOL

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-12/the_ideological_drive_behind_the_greens/41010?fbclid=IwAR3gYw5Li56AlKaOf6V5yyFgNzUTy-fp2rfSsoXGioT9nkeqDBjkrA9W7dk" rel="nofollow - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-11-12/the_ideological_drive_behind_the_greens/41010?fbclid=IwAR3gYw5Li56AlKaOf6V5yyFgNzUTy-fp2rfSsoXGioT9nkeqDBjkrA9W7dk

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: Baguette
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:45am
I don’t care what he says PT as long as he stands by his statement to look into relaxing all the crazy environmental laws and does something about land management / hazard reduction.. He does that he’ll win he next election in a hand canter.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:46am
Is that the same Kev Andrews who wanted to give everyone $200 vouchers for Christian marriage relationship advice when an Abbott Minister?

Relationship Tune-ups – Govt Proposes $200 Counselling Voucher for all Aussie Couples

http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-news/marriageanddefacto/marriage-marriageanddefacto/relationship-tune-ups-govt-proposes-200-counselling-voucher-for-all-aussie-couples/2261/" rel="nofollow - http://www.familylawexpress.com.au/family-law-news/marriageanddefacto/marriage-marriageanddefacto/relationship-tune-ups-govt-proposes-200-counselling-voucher-for-all-aussie-couples/2261/

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:55am
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

I don’t care what he says PT as long as he stands by his statement to look into relaxing all the crazy environmental laws and does something about land management / hazard reduction.. He does that he’ll win he next election in a hand canter.

All of which is the responsibility of NOT the Greens. But I agree - crazy environmental laws- if we bulldoze all the trees we won't have bushfires.Clap

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:56am

The article directed at you yesterday said that the NSW govt had exceeded their hazard reduction plan for the year and Emergency Services Minister David Littleproud backed that up yesterday saying that Emergency Services had more than prepared for the fire season and that the group of former firies would be proud of what they achieved.

-------------

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 7:57am

what exactly are the crazy environmental laws baguette?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:15am
Greens don't make laws. The Coalition and occasionally Labor make laws. The most that the Greens ever do is agree with them.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:18am
Wasting your time tlaz, the green conspiracy is too baked in. Nothing will shift it.

To admit that it is wrong is to admit that climate denial is flawed, and that is totally unacceptable to the faithful.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:22am
Should read the article stayer posted in 2020 predictions. That the climate denial lie will crumble in 2020. I think this catastrophic fire season here and the last 3 in California could be a catalyst for that change.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:25am
The ones that don’t allow people to fire proof their property . That allow people to build house backing on to national parks/ state forests but don’t put in fire breaks to protect their property. That insist that we allow the bush to grow right up to our main arterial roads so people end up trapped and the fire fighters in a lot of danger. The entire philosophy of allowing the bush to return to its “ natural state” has been a disaster. Perhaps you could explain why we didn’t have these sorts of uncontrollable mega fires the last time the country was experiencing the same weather patterns ? Back in the Federation drought , which was just as bad and just as wide spread as this and when they heat waves just as bad? Why didn’t Sydney burn down in the 1940s when the more localised drought was so bad the Hawkesbury stopped flowing ? The answer is there was no greens around back then and they knew how to manage the bush. Unprecedented fuel loads has caused these fires . End of story.

Posted By: Softy
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:39am
End of story. Lol.
There sure are some comedians about.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 8:46am
For some Softy, blame the Greens is end of story, which is why this will likely happen again next year.

-------------

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:25am
Which why both the Victorian and Commonwealth Government are spending billions setting up permanent  agencies to manage the recurring scourge of mega bushfires.   

This isn't going away folks and it is has never been as simple as the simple want to pretend it to be. 

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
California are facing their 4th straight year of worse conditions than the previous year.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 9:39am
Answer the question asked please. The climatic conditions where the same 100 odd years ago . Why no mega fires like these?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:06am
You wont get a sensible answer, Baguette, just get told you are a denier.  Thats the fave word around here at the moment, but it only applys to those who,s opinions differ to PT and partners.
100 years ago men with local knowledge of their area and country, learned by working in and on that land , understood how to manage it.  Same later on with park rangers.  Men with experience of country .
Now they pop out of Uni waving a bit of paper, after 4 or 5 years of good times, and are immediate experts on anything and everything.  just ask them.

-------------
animals before people.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:10am
If I was now betting on The Word Of The Year in 2020 it would be "denier", still it is only January.

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:18am
They scream “ denier” with all fanaticism of the Spanish Inquisition screaming heretic! They seem to forget they’re in the minority , or did I dream the results of the “ climate change “ election?

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:29am

They scream “ denier” with all fanaticism of the Spanish Inquisition screaming heretic! They seem to forget they’re in the minority , or did I dream the results of the “ climate change “ election?

A little bit of history repeating

Researchers say that if a drought similar to the Federation drought was to take place today, changes in landscape and land use would change how parts of the country would react.

"There's been substantial changes in how the landscape is used, and I think that a drought of that severity returning today could be more devastating in some parts of the country, particularly where there is intensive agriculture," Dr Godfree said.

"Another area of concern is rivers that are regulated now and where there is a lot of human extraction [of water].

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-07-16/federation-drought-analysis-finds-huge-ecosystem-losses/11312694" rel="nofollow - https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019-07-16/federation-drought-analysis-finds-huge-ecosystem-losses/11312694

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:36am

Answer the question asked please. The climatic conditions where the same 100 odd years ago . Why no mega fires like these?

What is the point you are trying to make? I have already agreed that Coalition and Labor legislators and administrators, mainly Coalition,Wink have let us down badly re land management and hazard reduction.

Stop voting for them.Thumbs Up

-------------

Simon Cameron

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net