Forum Description: General discussion about thoroughbred horse racing
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=64308
Printed Date: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:15am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 2019-20 Racing Season
Posted By: furious
Subject: 2019-20 Racing Season
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 12:46pm
Well I for one can't wait to see what the new season will give us.  
We have seen the retirement of a Champion.  
We have seen quite a few years of drought in the country and it seemed a few mares didn't get in foal last year - was that a weather related problem?
While the country is griped in a drought we have still had heavy G1 racing usually in Sydney which to me just seems cruel.  Some of the country horses have never seen a heavy track before running at these big meetings.
Will the Golden Eagle deliver a Champion four year old colt.  Or will it return a Champion four year old filly to follow in the hoof prints of so many other mares in recent years.
Will an Australian breed ever come out and win the Melbourne Cup again?  Any around for this coming season.
Will the Champion Two Year old be out in the first few weeks of racing in the coming season?
Will Outback Barbie or D'Argento ever win another race?
Is Brutal as good as I think he could be or did he just have a purple patch?
Is it possible for Redzel to win the first three Everests?
Will Mystic Journey be our new Champion?
Will Verry Ellegant (NZ) still be head strong when she comes back or will she have mellowed.  Just how far can she extend her distance if she just settles?
Will K McEvoy win the Everest/Melbourne Cup double again?
Can I Am Invincible every beat Snitzel for the Sires Premiership.
Can Lyre, Kamichi and Microphone return and keep ahead of the sprinters as three year olds.
How many quinellas will Nature Strip and Pierata run?
Can Angel of Truth extend out to 3200m?
Can Castelvecchio stay?
ect ect
ect

Replies:
Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:02pm
Brutal is as good as you think he is, Unfortunately his training team are nowhere near as good as people think they are. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 1:03pm
Verry Ellegant will still be head strong and will be as good as any mare we have seen in the last 25 years.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Rhino
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:28pm
Massive call D. What do you base this on, and how far will she get?????

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:06pm
To my eye there is just a real freakishness about her.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Verry Ellegant will still be head strong and will be as good as any mare we have seen in the last 25 years.

Lucky Waller

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Posted By: marble
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:01pm

that's a big call Djebel considering the great mares we have had - winx, sunline, makybe diva, atlantic jewel, more joyous

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:34pm
Even I think you have gone a tad overboard there Djebel.  She does so many things wrong that she'll have to improve her manners to live up to that hype.

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:46pm
Hey guys, please don't concentrate on one issue rather than overlook all the other beguiling questions raided by Furious.  

The future is mouthwatering, and can hardly wait.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:03pm
Will an Australian breed ever come out and win the Melbourne Cup again?  Any around for this coming season.

No & No

Don't know. He had absolutely everything in his favour in Doncaster.

No hope

No
Will Verry Ellegant (NZ) still be head strong when she comes back or will she have mellowed.  Just how far can she extend her distance if she just settles?

4800m

No

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Even I think you have gone a tad overboard there Djebel.  She does so many things wrong that she'll have to improve her manners to live up to that hype.

No she wont.

Just let her be herself.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: crooked_gambler
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
Waller said in an interview the other day that Very Elleegant has comeback back a lot more mature this prep

-------------
This space has been intentionally left blank

Posted By: ExceedAndExcel
Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:42pm
Will the little smurf Ralphy make a return to the Crown marquee in Melbourne Cup week? Not unless they decide midgets wrestling in a pool of jelly in the middle of the tent is a good idea.

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:55pm
Will the Sheik bring a couple of his newest wives? Will Victorians show him how to do the Australian crawl?Tongue

-------------

Simon Cameron

Date Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 9:08pm
How bags of smack will go up the nostrils of Australia’s finest at Flemington

-------------

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:22am
Well I tried for positive but it seems a few of you are bleaK indeed about racing. I was asking for the things you want not the worst things you can find.

Posted By: Sister Dot
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:34am
Did D’Argento win one? I must have missed it 😆
I’ve seen Redzel win two, and no one expected the second mighty effort, I for one, won’t be treating him with disdain come October.

-------------
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Well I for one can't wait to see what the new season will give us.  
We have seen the retirement of a Champion.  
We have seen quite a few years of drought in the country and it seemed a few mares didn't get in foal last year - was that a weather related problem?
While the country is griped in a drought we have still had heavy G1 racing usually in Sydney which to me just seems cruel.  Some of the country horses have never seen a heavy track before running at these big meetings.
Will the Golden Eagle deliver a Champion four year old colt.  Or will it return a Champion four year old filly to follow in the hoof prints of so many other mares in recent years.
Will the Champion Two Year old be out in the first few weeks of racing in the coming season?
Will Outback Barbie or D'Argento ever win another race?
Can I Am Invincible every beat Snitzel for the Sires Premiership.
Can Lyre, Kamichi and Microphone return and keep ahead of the sprinters as three year olds.
How many quinellas will Nature Strip and Pierata run?
Can Angel of Truth extend out to 3200m?
Can Castelvecchio stay?
ect ect
ect

The fillies will dominate the Golden Eagle.

Not sure if he can win the cup, but Surprise Baby is the best of the locals, I still feel for the connections about that nose loss.

Not sure who the champion 2yo will be, but iof it is Microphone, he will be a group 1 contender in the VRC week.

Outback Barbie and D'Argenton will not win a race next season.

Brutal will need to improve to be group 1 competitive. Up to open age and having the extra weight. Not saying he can not develop, but he needs to.

Mystic Journey will win a few races, but not sure she will be next season champion racehorse.

Verry Eleegant looks to have improved at each of her presp and no reason to say she will not improve again. Just wondering what race she will be set for. If Waller does his usual thing she will be a Caulfield Cup contender this spring, and then pushed out furtehr as a five year old. She is just as good as Jamekha, so she can win the Caulfield Cup.

McEvoy has a chance to win both races, but if he sticks with Redzel, he has no hope, unless the track is a bottomless heavy. He should have the pick again of Charlie Applebys runners at Flemington, or at least the Godolphin runners.

Now here are my questions.

Will Waller win over 10 group 1's without Winx adding her usual six?

Will the JJ Atkins deliver another 3yo group 1 winner?

Can the New Zealanders win a group 1 during the spring? Will we see Melody Belle, Danzdanzdance, Madison County, Arrogant, The Chosen One and others during the spring.

Can Nature Strip win a group 1 at 1200m?

Will Lindsay Smith have success from the former Weir stables at Warnambool?

Can Waller improve the Perth horses that Bob Peters has moved to his stable?

Will Godolphin once again attack the spring carnival with multiple runners at the carnival?

Will Australia have any overseas runners next season? Will we have runners in Hong Kong, Japan, or Europe?

Is Avilius the real deal or is his best behind him?

Can some non winners win another race? Tom Melbourne, Fundamentalist, Dreamforce and others?

What impact, if any, will the Everests new date have on the melbourne spring carnival?      

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:47pm
That makes at least two terrific opinion/question posts, without discounting others.  Star

Posted By: brave_ponies
Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 9:11pm
I'm loving this thread already!
Can't wait to see how it all unfolds...

Verry Eleegant is my current favourite and I hope she blows us all away with her talent.

Will Waller get 10+ Group 1's? With the firepower now in his stable, you'd bloomin' better hope so!

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
Verry Ellegant will get at least 3 in the spring and probably another 4 in the autumn.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:02pm
If Waller has any balls about him she is a moral in the Cups double.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:48pm
Only if she settles but it would be nice to see her reach the best she can. I hope you are all wrong with brutal as im a fan and have followed him from the sales. But most of all would be great to see another colt do a lonhro for us to follow

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:50pm
Between Shooting to Win and Hallowed Crown - which do you think could get a classic winner?  The second isn't serving many so Shooting to Win has that over him.  One decends from the dam of Zabeel.   The other from the dam of Octagonal.  Will either overcome a certain set against them when both have alot to off from their pedigrees.

Date Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 5:51pm
offer instead of off above

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 7:49pm
Ok another question.  Can Scales of Justice get a invite into the Everest?  It's not like he hasn't won a G1 so the class is there.  And the two and three year olds from this season haven't stepped out yet so the rest of the field could come from that group.  

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:06pm
I'd consider hallowed crown best chance to get a classic winner furious. Not only being from dam line of zabeel but being a half to needs further puts him in with a chance. Hopefully Godolphin sent him some decent mares.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:31pm
Sadly they haven't done so thus far.

Date Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 8:45pm
Just wondering if Gooree are better placed to send the stamina bred mares to Hallowed Crown.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:30am
All I'm trying to point out is both have wonderful different pedigrees away from the standard Danehill line.  Both are great female lines.  Both should be having a chance.  What is with Darley.  They just don't support some of their stallions.  That just doesn't work.

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Will it be Avilius who steps into the breach?

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
Will the Blue Army have another blinder of a season?

How long before M de Kock makes his presence felt after his satellite stable opens?

Can he bring any horses will him or will his stable have to be built from scratch?

Date Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:01pm
I am reading that his stable will include bringing horses bred in South Africa, and horses brought at our sales for his South African clients, so the first twelve months will be interesting.

Racenet have reported another stable opening up. Veteran New Zealand trainer Paddy Busuttin has come out of retirement and will be opening a stable at Deagon in Queensland. Veteran former Melbourne Cup winning and New Zealand jockey Tony Allan will be the stables rider.

Now there's a staying combination!

-------------

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:47pm
Shooting to Win is certainly getting the early three year old winners.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:48pm
And finally some Shooting to Win's I followed from the sales are emerging and winning or running well in races and trials.

Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 4:51pm
Thats Centrefire, Winning Shot, Shooting Love, Platinum Bullet and Battle Strike with wins on the board.  I picked more of his than any other first season sire and thought I might of just been totally wrong.

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 07 Aug 2019 at 9:57pm
Picked one out this year furious, lot 419 GC MM , a bit foalish but somehow I liked him , a little bit of scar tissue on n/h tendon , minimal I thought.

Date Posted: 12 Aug 2019 at 3:41am
I am surprised that none of the European form followers have not said much about the three Godolphin newcomers who trialled in Sydney last week.

Wrens Day, Beau Ideal and the real eye catching chestnut, Cascadian.

Any one think these gallopers can continue the stables good run with imports, following on from Hartnell, Avilius and Best Of Days?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:04pm
My list that I'll be following closely this coming Spring fwiw.
Castelvecchio. Top class 3 y/o colt , can win anything in his age group . 1600- 2000+.
Libertini. I.A.I. filly, Brilliant and untapped, will be a head turner imo,      2200 - 1600.
Sprinters, The year of the Bull, Osborne Bull anything & everything at 1200.
                  Sunlight , peaks after 1 or 2 runs , serious threat at ..............1200.
Nights Watch, I'm a little wary of this bloke , options aplenty, Epsom, Metrop. 1600- 2400.
Verry Elleegant, if she's not bottomed out great for racing for Oz and Nz, 2000- 3200.
My one from left field is Angel of Heaven, I still get a migraine from watching replay of QLD Oaks, illjudged ride that defies logic, nuff said, will win black type or better , sweet moving little mare maybe Kriss Lees mini Lucia Valentina, 1600 - 2400.
Haven't forgotten Exceedance , Santa Ana Lane,Peirata, Finche , can't be greedy.

Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:06pm
My mistake Libertini, distance should read 1200- 1600.

Posted By: SkyDancer
Date Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:59pm
One from left field that I’m gonna go out on a limb and mention:
Tubby Two Tracks

I think this filly could measure up to Melbourne class.
She was dominant on debut, albeit against some weaker horses.
Will be keeping an eye out for her to see when she resumes

Date Posted: 15 Aug 2019 at 10:48am
Definately an interesting weekend coming up with Hartnell and Mystic Journey to race each other in the P B Lawrence Stakes.  Or can Fifty Stars or Cliff's Edge spring a surprise?

Then we will find out if Lyre has come back but I also hate these early three year old events when the stakes winning two year olds have to give weight to horses which may of matured better.  Sometimes I think they loose all confidence.  Two year old racing and three year old racing are so different.  Still I'm hoping she has what it takes.  The MM winner is also here and quite a good line up of promising fillies to say she has to be on form to win the race.

The vain on the other hand is a slightly disappointing field.  Bivouac and Dubious both had moments of good two year old form but can they give two kilos to the promising types set to race them.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 6:43pm
I liked the pricked ears on Mystic Journey.  The story continues.

Date Posted: 17 Aug 2019 at 7:48pm
I have a feeling that the three year olds and four year olds this season will be dominating the group 1's .

Definite changing of the top level horses this season.

The older group of horses, especially up to 2000m, will need to be better than they have been in recent seasons, and I am not sure horses like Avilius, Hartnell, Alizee, Humidor, Kenedna, and others can improve on what they have done in the last few seasons.

Today we saw Mystic Journey, Dalasan, Bivouac, Exhilarates, and also Pippie who is coming through her grades perform well.

The three who did not run up to expectations, were Lyre, Dubious and Fundamentalist, but all three will improve with the run.

Very interesting spring coming up!

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Aug 2019 at 5:31pm
I cannot wait for this year's Cox Plate & Caulfield Cup.
I've been a bit hohum the last few years with Winx hype (sorry but I was over it) and the Melbourne Cup going to the rich end of the draw.
But this year ... we have MJ and VE and more! #ponies buckjumping

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 12:08pm
I can look forward to the season but unlike you brave ponies I will still miss seeing Winx.  The excitement before each race as nerves and conditions sometimes said she could be beaten and the fact that every time I thought maybe she was in trouble she wasn't!  

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 3:47pm
Winx herself was truly once in a lifetime and I'm so grateful She Happened in my lifetime. But how any horse copes with that pressure and attention ... and all while racing at our highest level too ... they are amazing animals. Long live the queen!
Still... Bring on this spring. Squueeeee!!!!

Date Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 7:25pm
Yep I'm will you.  We have had a Queen and now we have to see what will be.  So far not too bad.

Posted By: kavg
Date Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I am surprised that none of the European form followers have not said much about the three Godolphin newcomers who trialled in Sydney last week.

Wrens Day, Beau Ideal and the real eye catching chestnut, Cascadian.

Any one think these gallopers can continue the stables good run with imports, following on from Hartnell, Avilius and Best Of Days?
Don't know much of the other 2 Voyager but I've been following Cascadian since his debut win as a 2yo. Very powerful and athletic mover. He trained off last year but I was surprised to see him over here. 

Has been gelded and has a nice solid pedigree which would suggest he'd get 2000m and beyond. Anticipating a great performance on Saturday and on to Epsom and maybe Cox Plate if they stretch him out.

-------------
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.

Date Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 9:09pm
You might be on to something there kavg, nice trial and had a lap full , you won't mis that big baldy face in the run.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 2:36pm
Will be interesting to see if Sebring can hang onto the top spot on the sires standings after the weekend.  I am Invincible is only $30K behind.  Likewise Pierro breathing down Fastnet Rocks neck for third place.  He's just moved in front of All Too Hard.  While So You Think, Smart Missile and Sepoy finish off the top three.  Nice to see some younger stallions up in the top ten.

Date Posted: 24 Aug 2019 at 3:36pm
Sassy Salitage and Roccabascerana both look nice types going forward

Date Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 2:28pm
Lots of spots on the Sire Standings changed spots.  I am Invincible now on top and Pierro jumped infront of Fastnet Rock.

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 3:10pm
Could Scales of Justice or Fundamentalist give Not a Single Doubt the first two G1's for the year?

Date Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 7:51pm
SoJ for mine furious, whatever beats him will win, likely a slow track , drawn well, augers well imo.

Date Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 10:54am
Hope so that would be a turn up for the books.  But plenty of good stories in that race so we'll find out.  We had a touch of rain yesterday so I guess Rosehill will be wet also.

Posted By: In The Shadows
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 8:25pm
Looking forward to seeing Raymond Tusk out here for the Melbourne Cup. Watch his 4th place finish and you'll see why I am all over him

Date Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
HI BITS, and welcome aboard.

Will watch how he goes with interest.  Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:10pm
Well we already have 10 stallions over the $1 million amount for sire earnings.  With Pierro in 3rd position leading other younger boys So You THing 7th and All Too Hard 10th.  Smart Missile is 11th just below the million mark with Zoustar 13th the youngest of them all.

We have only two none Australian/New Zealand bred stallions in the top 20 - Hard Spun on top of the G1 win yesterday and Lope de Vega who has been up in the top 20 stallions for a few seasons now.

Interesting to see I Am Invincible has the most runners and winners.  But Pierro has 40 less runners for only 2 less winners.  Lets just say he's having a bolter of a season and could quinella the Everest (yes SC I'd put Pierata 1st) but the other filly Acadia Queen could win or if not the other races over a better trip are definately in her sights.

Gatting has form in his pedigree for a 1600m race a Flemington.  He's from the same female line as the mighty mare Maybe Mahal.  And no I didn't pick him - the tassy mare had my pick well and truly.

Also we have same very interesting colts leading up to the Derby with Dalakhani, Pierro, Dundeel and So You Think all having a chance.  And they all stand in Australia.  Anyone know any Tavistocks or Reliable Man's ect showing something out there?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:14pm
non - honestly I forget to proof sorry folks

I could be wrong but I remember Maybe Mahal was one who took out the four major mile handicaps.  So will wait and see if the keep Gatting at that distance or move him up.  After all he did win a Derby as a three year old.

You would think Exceed and Excel can have the winner of the Golden Rose.  That is another stallion who is in purple form at the moment.

Posted By: Baguette
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:23pm
Gee Pierro going well! He may quinella the Everest ! Plus he’s got a few good three year olds that get over a bit of ground so he might get a Derby or two again. One of my favourite racehorses and it’s great to see him doing so well as a stallion.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:26pm
and yet the Pierro I bought into went like a donkey and was retired to pony club after 1 start beaten 95 lenghts

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 5:30pm
Is it true they call you the "kiss of !#* death"?  Tongue

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 6:25pm
Dante Pierro a 26 start maiden son of Pierro running at Geelong today
$80,000 yearling. Prize money just over 12,000 at present

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 6:36pm
On numbers he's as good as they come at the moment but if you get one of the bad ones they seem unable to gallop.  Don't have a clue what it takes but the Pierro/Redoute's seems to be the best for the stakes winners.  I've picked a few who can't gallop by his also -
from the 10 I picked from first crop two were stakes winners Pinot and Kentucky Breeze.  Gayatri may get one also sooner than later and Miss Shanti is an even placegetter.  But Pierro Moss retired with nothing, as did Rock on Drew and Lamarque.

My next crop only picked 8 but not much in the mix Perfect Pitch and Castel Sant'Angelo are city grade the rest three winners or next to nothing and three oops a daisy.

You'd think by now I'd know what to look for no the next crop back up to follow 10.   Bellevue Hill the best with Fiery Red finally a winner (I picked him for the Derby but Gai had him out early) who I'd like to go over a trip.  Two others have won including Peidra who ran a shocker last start but lots haven't run yet so maybe hopeless!

Might of learnt I only picked 7 this year.

I know I follow too many but he does throw some types I really love.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by crooked_gambler crooked_gambler wrote:

and yet the Pierro I bought into went like a donkey and was retired to pony club after 1 start beaten 95 lenghts

He was having an off day. Needed some of that Bart Cummings patience.

-------------

Simon Cameron

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:35pm
Anyone got any word on Hawkshot?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:40pm
Not me Judge, however no trials or nominations since he last raced six months ago hardly fills you with confidence.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:44pm
Hawkshot sold to HK

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm
Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:45pm
May 2019
Lindsay Park co-trainer David Hayes lamented the sale of a potential star to Hong Kong.

Group II winner Hawkshot will do his racing under the care of champion Hong Kong trainer John Size next season after Sun Bloodstock sold the three-year-old for an undisclosed sum.

Hayes said Hawkshot, a son of the Melbourne Cup winner Fiorente, was far from the finished article but would have been one of the stable’s best performers in his four-year-old season.

“I’m disappointed about it,” Hayes, who trained Hawkshot in partnership with his son Ben and nephew Tom Dabernig, said.

“I was really excited about training him for next year, because I thought he would be my weight-for-age horse.

“He was placed in the (Australian) Guineas, won the Autumn Stakes, didn’t go to Sydney to be spelled and looked magnificent.”

Hayes said Hawkshot’s previous owner, the Sun Bloodstock operation, must have received a “ridiculous” offer to part with the winner of three of 10 starts.

“He was raw and he would have been ready to show his best in the spring,” Hayes said.

“He’ll be a big loss to the stable because he’s a very exciting horse.”

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:48pm
Thought he was one who might actually measure up in open company. Mr Quickie was good yesterday but I’ll be surprised if he’s up to it when the serious competition arrives. Two very good mares yesterday but a very thin batch of 4yos.

Extra Brut?

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:49pm
Extra Brut also gone to HK

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:49pm
Thanks SD. That is disappointing.

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:50pm
Hawkshot’s Profile
https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Horse/Horse.aspx?HorseId=HK_2019_D023" rel="nofollow - https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Horse/Horse.aspx?HorseId=HK_2019_D023

Extra Brut
https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Horse/Horse.aspx?HorseId=HK_2018_C506" rel="nofollow - https://racing.hkjc.com/racing/information/English/Horse/Horse.aspx?HorseId=HK_2018_C506

Posted By: AdaHunta
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm
If you were a Hawkshot fan Judge you might wanna keep an eye on his full brother POWER SCHEME 

Being aimed @ the Derby 

Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 8:06pm
Didn’t realise that Ada. Be interested to see how PS goes. Hasn’t done much wrong so far.

Posted By: AdaHunta
Date Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 9:33pm
Was a good win firstup Judge 

Gelded and carrying 60kg giving them all 4.5kg bar the fav who carried 58kg

I was ON and wasn’t confident when he started to drift due to the condition he was carrying definately in need of the run and plenty of improvement ahead

Hes a nice horse G2 STUTT STAKES 1600m might be his next run

Date Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 9:18pm
After the last few days the question is can Pierro make it to being Champion Sire this season?  A win or a quinella in the Golden Rose, a win in the Golden Eagle etc etc.  It all would add up and he is already showing very good form from his runners.

Posted By: Brudder_A
Date Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 8:26am
Interesting to see that the Wednesday meeting has a 2yo race at the not often used 900 meter distance at Flemington. First 2yo races use to be in SA with the Fulham Park Plate but SA breeding is such that that is long gone.

Also an VRC Oaks Trial (1800m) and VRC Derby Trail (1800m) which offer the winners ballot exemptions to the VRC Oaks and VRC Derby during the VRC Spring Carnival.

Historically I always thought that the Derby Trial Stakes @ Geelong was the top prep race for the VRC Derby.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:34am
well Pierro has made it to the Leading Sire for the season a week before the Everest.  Will he remain there over the next few weeks?

He has two in the Everest and I am Invincible, Dundeel, Fastnet Rock, Not a Single Doubt, Exceed and Excel and Blackfriars the next six stallions will have no chance to win that race.  Zoustar at 8th has a chance as does Snitzel who is running 12th.  Nicconi is back 16th and also has to get his chance Nature Strip to go a strong 1200m and not overrace.  But even the others not in the top ten will go straight to first with a win.

This is unlike the first year of the Everest where Snitzel was so far ahead he may of kept the lead with a different sire winning the prize.  While last year he would of been caught at the time but still in front at the end of the season despite I am Invincible having a blinder.

There is alot of money going into the pot over the next four weeks.  So the list will be totally different in November.

Date Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:38am
I apologise to Not a Single Doubt - totally forgot Classique Legend is by him!  So having started the season with the first two G1 winners he also has as chance here.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 5:15pm
Nice to see Pierro back on top of the sires standings but also nice to see a changing of the guard with plenty of younger stallions now up in the top 20 for the year.

While I am Invincible foaled in 2004 has been closing on the top for a few seasons now stallions born 2005 or after include

Pierro (2009) 1, Rubick (2011) 2, Declaration of War (2009) 3, Ocean Park (2008) 5, Zoustar (2010) 6, Nicconi (2005) 7, Lope de Vega (2007) 13, So you THink (2006) 14, Smart Missile (2008) 16, Dundeel (2009) 19, All Too Hard (2009) 20.

The broodmare sires standings also makes me think the crop of 1996 must of been exceptional as they are Redoute's Choice 1, Testa Rossa 3, Fantastic Light 5, Commands 16 and Stravinsky 17.

1986 also deserves a mention with Danehill, Sunday Silence and Zabeel in that crop!  Pretty influencial stallions.

Date Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:22pm
How many 3 year olds have taken on their elders in group company at WFA ?

Yes Yes Yes, Castelvecchio ( beat all bar the Japanese champion ) Standout, Dalasan. Who else ?

This is looking a very exciting crop.

It is both a positive and a negative they are all colts.

It could be argued none of them are the best of their division.

Bivouac > Yes Yes Yes
Yes Yes Yes > Standout
Shadow Hero > Castelvecchio
Super Seth > Dalasan

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 8:22am
Depends who's racing them.  Darley sometimes keeps them going longer.  The Inghams definately did.

I'm trying to get back the excitement which I had at the beginning of the season.  Been living under a black cloud but with the commencement of G1 racing this Saturday the good horses are definately coming back.

Hope the smoke finally clears from our skies and we have a wet autumn.  The last thing I normally want is a wet Autumn but this year bring on the rain.  The Exceed and Excel's will love it.  Super Seth will love it.  Dalasan ran ok coming home fast so I'd say he handles it also.

Hope everyone comes over to the winners and roughies comp (we only have to pick for the G1 races) to join in the fun.  Also hopes my brain finally comes out of the cloud and decides to participate!

Date Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 2:19pm
You are right djebel, but you missed a few good ones from the short list.

Libertini, Funstar, Probabeel Flit, Southbank and Subpoenaed, should ensure a quality fillies division, while Loving Gabby looks a good Newmarket chance for the age group.

Obviously Exceedence is good, and horses like Anaheed, Dubious and Free Of Debt should be competitive in races like the Oakleigh Plate and Goodwood "Handicap".

If we see Prince Fawaz, Kubrick, Reloaded and Microphone recapture their two year old form, then they can give Shadow Hero and Castelvecchio a run for their money.

True Detective and Pandemic returned well, but they might be more Brisbane level at the moment and horses like Groundswell, Missile Mantra and others look as though they will add to the second level stakes events.

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:55pm
Butta bing butta a f**king booom 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 4:57pm

Libertini, Funstar, Probabeel Flit, Southbank and Subpoenaed, should ensure a quality fillies division, while Loving Gabby looks a good Newmarket chance for the age group.

Obviously Exceedence is good, and horses like Anaheed, Dubious and Free Of Debt should be competitive in races like the Oakleigh Plate and Goodwood "Handicap".

If we see Prince Fawaz, Kubrick, Reloaded and Microphone recapture their two year old form, then they can give Shadow Hero and Castelvecchio a run for their money.

True Detective and Pandemic returned well, but they might be more Brisbane level at the moment and horses like Groundswell, Missile Mantra and others look as though they will add to the second level stakes events.

You have named about 20 3 year olds and did not mention one that just blew away the older dromedaries at "group 1" level. .

LOL

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 5:29pm
Pretty good crop.  If this rain keeps up we will find out which of them handle the wet (other than the obvious Exceed and Excels and Snitzels)

Date Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 6:29pm

You have named about 20 3 year olds and did not mention one that just blew away the older dromedaries at "group 1" level. .

LOL

That is right but I did name two winners one of which defeated the older sprinters

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:36am

Begood Toya Mother Near the 250m shifted out away from Hey Doc and as a result tightened Scales Of Justice out onto Alabama Express which had shifted in slightly. Shortly after, Hey Doc then shifted out despite the efforts of its rider and made contact with Begood Toya Mother who then further tightened Scales Of Justice out onto Alabama Express resulting in Scales Of Justice being hampered. As no rider could be held fully responsible for the incident, Stewards notified all riders to exercise care in similar circumstances. A post‑race veterinary examination revealed the gelding to be lame in the near foreleg. A veterinary certificate is required prior to racing again.

Scales Of Justice Hampered passing the 200m. Rider Dean Yendall reported that his mount was working into the race well, however after suffering interference passing the 200m it lost momentum.

Fifty Stars (IRE) Passing the 100m momentarily had to ease when disappointed for a run before obtaining running to the inside of Fierce Impact (JPN).

Hey Doc Post-race endoscopy detected a degree of mucus that may have affected the horse's racing performance. A veterinary certificate will be required prior to racing again.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 02 Mar 2020 at 6:51pm
On Twitter

"Performance - Alabama Express: Stable have informed Stewards that a post-race blood test taken from Alabama Express indicated the colt may have a virus"

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2020 at 1:34pm
This is the weirdest racing season ever.  But was just thinking if they do have to shut racing down.  Pierro and Redoute's will be the biggest winners as without the big carnival money coming up they should pretty much stay the leaders in the Sires and Broodmare sire's list.

Date Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 12:06pm
There are now three stallions over $12,000,000.  Pierro still leading from I am Invincible and Snitzel.  You couldn't come from behind in the races yesterday so Shadow Hero and Pierata had no chance but they will be out and about come the carnival.  On the other hand Snitzel almost got the slipper and had a new G1 winner and has 100 more horses racing for him than Pierro.  While I am Invincible also had a G1 winner Friday night and has even more racing for him than Snitzel.  It will be between these three and to be fair I am Invincible probably deserves a sires premiership.  Snitzel has his and Pierro will win sometime in the future.

The world is overwhelming me at the moment.  Stay safe everyone.

Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:12pm
Is it just me or have we had a large number of retirements lately?

Exceedance
Microphone
Redzel
Kiamich
Yogi
Happy Clapper

And of course tomorrow we see Pierata have his final run tomorrow.

Maybe it is just that we are losing a large number of high profile runners, however for those mentioned, and those who other posters will add, I would just like to say thank you to all those quality gallopers who gave race goers all over the world a great deal of entertainment, wish them all the best for their future      

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:15pm
Tom Melbourne

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Foxseal
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:23pm
Agree Voyager, a a flurry of high profile horses retiring.

Don’t forget Alizee retired last week too.

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 17 Apr 2020 at 9:57pm
Seems to happen every now and then
A change of the guard

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 11:53am
Aren't we lucky that Winx retired last year when we could all give her the send off she deserved!

Date Posted: 18 Apr 2020 at 1:46pm
I am wondering if this could be Super Seths last run to day with Waikato Stud having bought in , J. Mac. very interesting engagement , could be for an assessment of furthering his career or go to Stud as spring 4 y/o.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net