Rekindling $21
Aloisia $26
Johannes Vermeer $26
Almandin $31
Big Duke $41

@Sportsbet

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:22pm
No horse who ran in that race an hour ago, will win next year!

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:23pm
If Trump goes troppo ( or more troppo) there may be no race next year !

Posted By: Magnolian Khan
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:27pm
I am gonna have $5 on MISSROCK
Robbie will have her ready

Posted By: rugby0
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

If Trump goes troppo ( or more troppo) there may be no race next year !

24 of the best cockroaches post apocalyptic sport.

-------------
Jezabeel was my greatest horse.

Posted By: Sir Gov
Date Posted: 07 Nov 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

I am gonna have $5 on MISSROCK
Robbie will have her ready

Take the early quinella with So Si Bon

Posted By: Smoke and Mirrors
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:02pm
Kobalt (GER) at $31 looks appealing

-------------
"Go Hard or Go Home”

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

Kobalt (GER) at $31 looks appealing

Not Sportsbet again ?

Posted By: Redemption
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:31pm
PINOT could win the 2018 Melbourne Cup.
She is one heck of a stayer.
May not need to look for internationals next year. May have just seen the winner today in the Oaks.

Posted By: Sir Gov
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

PINOT could win the 2018 Melbourne Cup.
She is one heck of a stayer.
May not need to look for internationals next year. May have just seen the winner today in the Oaks.

Has the pedigree to win it

Posted By: Breeding Above All
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 6:52pm
A mare won’t win it

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:11pm
Winx

Posted By: djebel
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:31pm
Makybe Diva foaled 21 March 1999 ( 2003 ) Rekindling foaled 23 March 2014 ( 2017 )

Rekindling carried 1 kgs under WFA as a March UK 3yo or a February Australian 3yo.

So, he carried the equivalent of 57.5 kgs.

Makybe Diva carried 51.5,  5 kgs under WFA at 1st cup, carried 55.5 to her second cup a rise of 4 kgs and 2kgs under WFA.

Basically Rekindling would be entitled to receive 1 kg under WFA next season, 57.5 kgs.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Morston
Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:42pm
Given rekindling’s age and the fact that he is lightly raced he also has the potential to develop further as he gets older.

Provided they keep him in long distance races and do not race him too often then he could be quite a force for a while.

There must obviously be the possibility to retire him to stud but the trend seems to be to keep entires in training longer unless they are a classic winner.

Date Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Winx

That would make for an interesting event !

Posted By: Gee Gee
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:15am
If you want to bet early, back a Monsun or Llyod Williams owned 3 & 4yo horse from UK that hasn't raced here yet. 

Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Gee Gee Gee Gee wrote:

If you want to bet early, back a Monsun or Llyod Williams owned 3 & 4yo horse from UK that hasn't raced here yet. 

Has Lloyd purchased any yet?

Posted By: Nick
Date Posted: 10 Nov 2017 at 7:24pm
I like Rekindling.  Early days though

Posted By: jimbob04
Date Posted: 02 Jan 2018 at 10:35am
wow this is a early start

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:08am
Lexus to be announced as the new sponsors
Have signed a 5 year deal with VRC

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 12:17pm
Lexus has been unveiled as the new naming rights sponsor of the Melbourne Cup, taking over from Emirates.

The Victoria Racing Club announced the deal on Tuesday morning with Lexus now the Principal Partner of Australia's most famous race for the next five years.

"As the custodian of Australia's greatest sporting and cultural icon, we are incredibly pleased and thrilled to link the Melbourne Cup with a visionary luxury brand like Lexus," said VRC Chairman Amanda Elliott.

"Sharing this extraordinary event with Lexus is something we are really looking forward to."

The Lexus deal also includes sponsorship of the Melbourne Cup Tour, the Melbourne Cup Parade and the Melbourne Cup Barrier Draw plus the headline marquee in the Birdcage Enclosure.

Lexus has been a partner of the VRC for the past 14 years and chief executive Scott Thompson said the premium car brand is delighted to increase its presence.

"The A$6.25 million Lexus Melbourne Cup is a truly spectacular event and the focal point of the Melbourne Cup Carnival. Lexus is honoured to be announced as the naming rights partner - the VRC perfectly aligns with our values of exhilarating experiences, innovation and sophistication," he said.

"Together with the VRC, Lexus will continue to push the boundaries to pioneer exciting touchpoints and events for patrons on and off course. We look forward to driving the Melbourne Cup Carnival to even greater heights."

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Posted By: horseshoe
Date Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
Ladies First

-------------
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:00pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm

ANSHIN 11R

THE HANSHIN DAISHOTEN(G2)

March 18, 2018, 3000m, Turf Firm, Cloudy, Post time 15:35
INT DSN, Special Weight, 4-Year-Olds & Up, Open Class, Value of race: 128,820,000 Yen

1st2nd3rd4th5thtotal
Added Money (Yen)67,000,00027,000,00017,000,00010,000,0006,700,000127,700,000
Stakes Money (Yen)784,000224,000112,000001,120,000
Total (Yen)67,784,00027,224,00017,112,00010,000,0006,700,000128,820,000

FPHorseSire
Dam
Dam's sire
Dam's dam
Jockey 
Trainer
Owner
Breeder
1stRainbow Line(JPN)Stay Gold
Regenbogen
French Deputy
Rainbow Fast
Yasunari Iwata
Hidekazu Asami
Masahiro Mita
Northern Racing
2ndSatono Chronicle(JPN)Heart's Cry
Toupie
Intikhab
Turpitude
Yuga Kawada
Yasutoshi Ikee
Satomi Horse Company Co. Ltd.
Northern Racing
3rdClincher(JPN)Deep Sky
The Fates
Brian's Time
Miss Shagra
Yutaka Take
Hiroshi Miyamoto
Koji Maeda
Hirayama Bokujo
4thAlbert(JPN)Admire Don
Folklore
Dance in the Dark
Andes Lady
Yuichi Fukunaga
Noriyuki Hori
Masamichi Hayashi
Northern Farm
5thCurren Mirotic(JPN)Heart's Cry
Star Mie
A.P. Indy
Caerlina
Kenichi Ikezoe
Osamu Hirata
Takashi Suzuki
Northern Racing
6thYamakatsu Raiden(JPN)Symboli Kris S
Yamakatsu Orchid
Dance in the Dark
Yamakatsu Suzuran
Kohei Matsuyama
Kaneo Ikezoe
H.Yamada
Hiroyasu Yamada
7thShiho(JPN)King Kamehameha
Goko
Danehill
Moment of Truth
Futoshi Komaki
Kazuhide Sasada
Kyowa Farm Co. Ltd.
Kyowa Farm Co. Ltd.
8thMuito Obrigado(JPN)Rulership
Pisa no Graf
Sunday Silence
Shinko Lovely
Yusuke Fujioka
Koichi Tsunoda
Ichikawa Yoshimi Holdings Co. Ltd.
Yoshimi Ichikawa
9thSuper Max(JPN)Reach the Crown
Leveton
Malibu Moon
Iftiraas
Isao Yamaguchi
Toshimitsu Kunichi
Katsushi Uchida
Terukazu Araya
10thTomiken Slava(JPN)Taiki Shuttle
Taiki Clara
Dehere
Taiki Crystal
Shinichiro Akiyama
Masahiro Takeuchi
Kenji Togashi
RRA Co. Ltd.
11thKoei One Man(JPN)Jungle Pocket
Joten Celeb
Adjudicating
Miyagi Minoru
Hirofumi Shii
Yoshihiko Kawamura
Yoshihiro Kugita
Minoru Tagami

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 6:32pm
Good to see him win, if only in a handicap, after falling fairly short in a series of Group 1 races.

Posted By: Brudder_A
Date Posted: 18 May 2018 at 8:01pm
Maybe its a bit early and even more speculative but 2015 and 2017 Melbourne Cup placegetter Max Dynamite runs today in the G2 Yorkshire Cup along with 2016 runner Wicklow Brave.

Date Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:16pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 20 May 2018 at 10:19pm
http://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/melbourne-cup-a-potential-target-for-runaway-chester-cup-winner-magic-circle/332107" rel="nofollow - https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/melbourne-cup-a-potential-target-for-runaway-chester-cup-winner-magic-circle/332107

Melbourne Cup a potential target for runaway Chester Cup winner Magic Circle

By David Baxter

Convincing Chester Cup winner Magic Circle could be heading to Australia at the end of the year, with the Emirates Melbourne Cup a potential target.

The six-year-old ran away with the valuable handicap by six lengths on the Roodee last week, to the delight of his exuberant owner Marwan Koukash, who was winning the race for the fourth time.

In the immediate aftermath, Koukash indicated a Group race would be sought for Magic Circle, in order to qualify for Australia's biggest race, and trainer Ian Williams reaffirmed those intentions on Saturday.

https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/850922/magic-circle/form" rel="nofollow - Magic Circle  is a 5-1 chance for Thursday's Group 3 Matchbook VIP Henry II Stakes at Sandown, and that race is a probable destination. Williams said: "It's fairly likely he'll go to Sandown, he seems to have come out of the race [at Chester] really well. The Melbourne Cup is a plan we're making, and to do that he needs to have Group form."

Koukash's last Chester Cup win was in 2014 with Suegioo, who, after his Chester success, went to Newcastle for the Northumberland Plate where he was beaten by another of the owner's runners in Angel Gabrial.

The same path is unlikely for Magic Circle, as Williams added: "I'm not convinced the Northumberland Plate will suit him now it's on the all-weather."

Williams also harbours concerns that the Sky Bet Ebor, in which Magic Circle finished a fine fifth last year, might not offer a sufficient stamina test.

In what proved to be some inspired sales shopping, Williams provided Koukash with a Chester double, courtesy of  https://www.racingpost.com/profile/horse/867279/restorer/form" rel="nofollow - Restorer , who like Magic Circle, was making his debut for the yard

The six-year-old could now be York-bound. Williams said: "Restorer will need a little bit more time between his races. The handicapper has been fair [5lb rise] and we'd be looking at the John Smith's Cup."

Reflecting on the brace of victories, the trainer added: "It was great for the yard and the team as the Chester Cup's a great race to win and it was testament to their hard work that both horses won on their debut for us."

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Mug-Punter
Date Posted: 21 May 2018 at 11:10pm
Had him plus a few others added to the SB market over the weekend... F&$kin thieves only put up $50. Was hoping for at least double that!

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:24pm
Just watched a race on racenet, called the Oleander-Rennen from Germany, where there was a controversial delegation of the winner, but leaving that aside I am wondering what our European form students think of this as a Melbourne cup guide.

Thought the race was run as a Melbourne cup usually is and the winner looked pretty good.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 22 May 2018 at 3:25pm
sorry pressed d, instead of r for relegation

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Mug-Punter Mug-Punter wrote:

Had him plus a few others added to the SB market over the weekend... F&$kin thieves only put up $50. Was hoping for at least double that!

Overnight.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20180524/2785326/16643370" rel="nofollow - http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20180524/2785326/16643370

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 1:36pm

I think it was a fair enough demotion, I am also sure it would not have happened here or in England.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 9:57pm
Thanks for the vision djebel.

I have another, if you have time. Magic Circle winning the Henry 2nd stakes.

I see Marwan Koukash owns the galloper.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 May 2018 at 10:10pm
The post directly above, The link I have posted in that should take you there.

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20180524/2785326/16643370" rel="nofollow - http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video/20180524/2785326/16643370

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 27 May 2018 at 11:27am
Anyone know where I could find a list of horses which Lloyd owns with International trainers. More so, the O'Briens.

-------------
The Mugg

Posted By: cotto1
Date Posted: 31 May 2018 at 10:18pm
Hi there guys:
Any news at all with johannes vermeer.I did like him last year.I know that is easy to say because he come 2nd.But the ability was there.
And what about max dynamite.Any news with him also.Does anyone think he is getting to old now.

Posted By: Breeding Above All
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 10:04am
Max dynamite is No chance.. will get weight and he’s too old.. Was on JV for a motza last year, disappointing to say the least.. I’m interested to see who else Lloyd buys, think there’s more coming looking at late last year buys and his stable, all look very thing apart from JV Andrea rekindling who will get weight.. he loves his horses that beat the handicapper JV, Rekindling, Almandin etc

Posted By: correctweight
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:21pm
Up to 7.3million now prizemoney. The great race.

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 3:33pm
Victorian horse racing’s Big Three - the Lexus Melbourne Cup, Ladbrokes Cox Plate and Stella Artois Caulfield Cup – will all carry record prize money this spring after hefty increases were announced by Racing Victoria on Friday. The Melbourne Cup received a $1 million lift to $7.3 million while the Caulfield Cup and Cox Plate become $5 million races .

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Posted By: Shawy38
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:13pm
Are rekindling and Johannes Vermeer still at Macedon?

Posted By: puntingpunter
Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:33pm
Thoughts re Vengeur Masque?
Just missed the race past couple of years. Winning the Geelong Cup & the Queen Elizabeth last prep has raised its rating and I reckon will eat 3200. Looks to have matured well and this could be it's prep.
Love a good Monsun. Currently $67 and MCup definitely their aim!  

I like the 2 runs it had been and nice spelled with Spring in mind. 

Date Posted: 01 Jun 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Are rekindling and Johannes Vermeer still at Macedon?

Yes,

Wasting away it seems doing nothing. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:21pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:56pm
Might have to come out of retirement

Date Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:39pm
Lloyd is not running Rekindling or Johannes Vermeer because they will get too much weight.
Rekindling to run in Mackinnon
Johannes to run in Caulfield Cup

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 9:06am
Hi guys:
I see that that chestnut coat is now favourite with betting mobs.in the future markets.just wondering what did he do to achieve this.sorry I haven’t been following him.
And on jv o.k wow they won’t be running him in the m cup.i didn’t think he would escape the weights.but boy if you owned him.would you try and aim for it.

Date Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Lloyd is not running Rekindling or Johannes Vermeer because they will get too much weight.
Rekindling to run in Mackinnon
Johannes to run in Caulfield Cup

I know Lloyd said this but if at least one of them doesn't line up I'll be completely shocked! Pretty sure he said the same about Almandin previous year!

-------------
The Mugg

Posted By: Smoke and Mirrors
Date Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:22pm
Lloyd and his son continually talk garbage.

-------------
"Go Hard or Go Home”

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 9:50pm
Okay so Withhold, is now the cup fav after winning the Northumberland Plate.

So how do the European form students rate that win!

Can't say I was that impressed, but that is my humble opinion!    

-------------

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 10:44pm
EASY QUINELLA,

Kings Will Dream ---- Call To Mind.

Posted By: Lord Hybrow
Date Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:04pm
The runner up Prince of Arran is also reported to be headed for the Melb Cup too.

Interesting to look at former Northumberland Plate winners that have made it to Australia over the years:

1985 : TRADE LINE - came to Australia for the 1986 Melb Cup but after poor rubs in the Geelong & Werribee Cups, trainer George Hanlon pulled the pin on a Cup run. He did win the Colac & Camperdown Cups in 1987, plus ran 3rd in the Duke of Norfolk Stks that year too.

1988: STAVORDALE - imported for the 1989 spring into the Hayes stable but form didn’t a Cup start. Had another crack at a Cups campaign in 1990 but after a 2100m win at Sandown his form tapered off.

1990: AL MAHEB - a Sheik Hamdan import whose form in the Spring of 1991 looked poor until he scored a swooping win in the Moonee Valley Cup at big odds. He then ran in the Melb Cup and after looming in the straight he weakened to finish 7th behind Let’s Elope.

1994: QUICK RANSOM - trained by the Freedmans, he had 2 cracks at the Melb Cup, finishing 23rd behind Jeune in 1994 & a very honest 4th behind Doriemus in 1995. He tried to qualify again in 1996 but was hopelessly out of form

1999: FAR CRY - jumps trainer Martin Pipe brought this guy out for the 2000 Melb Cup and he was highly fancied starting 3rd fav at 8/1. But he finished a dismal 21st beaten over 50 lengths behind Brew.

2015: QUEST FOR MORE - Roger Charlton (who trained this years winner) brought him out for the 2015 Melb Cup. He ran a dreadful 16th in the Geelong Cup, but improved massively to run a very creditable 9th in the Melb Cup behind Prince of Penzance.

Date Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 11:56pm
So judging from that analysis, Lord, a top ten hope at best?

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 1:37am
If all the quality internationally trained imports make it to the cup there will be no room for the home trained imports in the field.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 9:46am
There was a diabolically bad ride in the race on a horse they were spruiking last year for this years cup
Trying to keep the weight down perhaps

Posted By: Prince of Penzance
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 10:15am
I think it’s time they changed the Cup field size from 24 to 40

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:37pm

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Carioca
Date Posted: 02 Jul 2018 at 2:56pm
So Lloyd stayed up until the wee hours to listen to his horse win, ....oh please no more.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 10:40am
Hi guys:
With all the new crop of horses in the mix for the m cup this year.i am not sure if he is running in it this year or not but jv is drifting bigger and bigger betting wise in the futures markets interesting.

Date Posted: 03 Jul 2018 at 11:14am
Hi guys:
On jv and rekindling.do you reckon it is a bluff about them not being in this years cup.and that at least 1 of them.will be in it?.

Posted By: Jamal
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 1:58am
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

The runner up Prince of Arran is also reported to be headed for the Melb Cup too.

Interesting to look at former Northumberland Plate winners that have made it to Australia over the years:

1985 : TRADE LINE - came to Australia for the 1986 Melb Cup but after poor rubs in the Geelong & Werribee Cups, trainer George Hanlon pulled the pin on a Cup run. He did win the Colac & Camperdown Cups in 1987, plus ran 3rd in the Duke of Norfolk Stks that year too.

1988: STAVORDALE - imported for the 1989 spring into the Hayes stable but form didn’t a Cup start. Had another crack at a Cups campaign in 1990 but after a 2100m win at Sandown his form tapered off.

1990: AL MAHEB - a Sheik Hamdan import whose form in the Spring of 1991 looked poor until he scored a swooping win in the Moonee Valley Cup at big odds. He then ran in the Melb Cup and after looming in the straight he weakened to finish 7th behind Let’s Elope.

1994: QUICK RANSOM - trained by the Freedmans, he had 2 cracks at the Melb Cup, finishing 23rd behind Jeune in 1994 & a very honest 4th behind Doriemus in 1995. He tried to qualify again in 1996 but was hopelessly out of form

1999: FAR CRY - jumps trainer Martin Pipe brought this guy out for the 2000 Melb Cup and he was highly fancied starting 3rd fav at 8/1. But he finished a dismal 21st beaten over 50 lengths behind Brew.

2015: QUEST FOR MORE - Roger Charlton (who trained this years winner) brought him out for the 2015 Melb Cup. He ran a dreadful 16th in the Geelong Cup, but improved massively to run a very creditable 9th in the Melb Cup behind Prince of Penzance.

2015: Max Dynamite ran 2nd in the Listed Northumberland Plate and then went on to run 2nd in the Melbourne Cup.

-------------
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 04 Jul 2018 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

2015: Max Dynamite ran 2nd in the Listed Northumberland Plate and then went on to run 2nd in the Melbourne Cup.

Max Dynamite the WA horse, and the listed Northumberland Plate at Ascot

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 3:02pm
Apparently two Japanese slow coaches have been confirmed for the Cups carnival.

More later...... 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

More later...... 

Chestnut Coat and Sole Impact I believe.... could be wrong though

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:24pm
Chestnut Coat would be a nice addition but is not fast enough really.

Sole Impact should be no more than a travelling companion. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:28pm

More later...... 

Correct I am! Both have Japanese riders already confirmed. An Apprentice on SI in CC!!!

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 7:53pm

More later...... 

Correct I am! Both have Japanese riders already confirmed. An Apprentice on SI in CC!!!

The apprentice is already in Aus. Currently with Ryan Balfour in Adelaide, rides okay.

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 8:04pm
Will Victorian Stewards allow him to ride on Metropolitan tracks ? 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 12 Jul 2018 at 11:05pm

Will Victorian Stewards allow him to ride on Metropolitan tracks ? 

Surely not???

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 11:41am

More later...... 

Djebel,

What weight do you think this pair of Japanese horses would be assigned for the Cups?

Just glancing at their form, I can’t see how Sole Impact would get sufficient weight to even get a run.

Date Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:22pm

More later...... 

Djebel,

What weight do you think this pair of Japanese horses would be assigned for the Cups?

Just glancing at their form, I can’t see how Sole Impact would get sufficient weight to even get a run.

I would say he should get about 49.5 on form, So whatever the minimum is for a 6 year old is ?

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:02am
Albert
Amazing Red
Best Solution
Chestnut Coat
Dal Harraild
Dylan Mouth
Euchen Glen
Hamada
Hawkbill
Idaho
Joshua Reynolds
Latrobe
Magic Circle
Marmelo
Max Dynamite
Nakeeta
Northwest Frontier
Order Of St George
Orderofthegarter
Red Verdon
Sole Impact
Stradivarius ( Unlikely )
Thomas Hobson
Tiberian
Torcedor
Wall Of Fire
Wicklow Brave
Withhold

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 12:34am
Albert
Amazing Red
Best Solution
Chelkar
Chestnut Coat
Dal Harraild
Dylan Mouth
Euchen Glen
Hamada
Hawkbill
Idaho
Joshua Reynolds
Latrobe
Magic Circle
Marmelo
Max Dynamite
Nakeeta
Northwest Frontier
Order Of St George
Orderofthegarter
Red Verdon
Sole Impact
Thomas Hobson
Tiberian
Torcedor
Wall Of Fire
Wicklow Brave
Withhold

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 6:25pm

England trainers eyeing spring spoils

Grace Ramage https://www.twitter.com/gramage_" rel="nofollow - @gramage_

2:53pm

Off the back of the three-day July Festival which took place over the weekend at Newmarket, some of the biggest UK-based stables have outlined their plans for the Melbourne Spring Carnival.

CHARLIE APPLEBY - Newmarket, England.

Appleby was the most successful British trainer of the 2017 Spring Racing Carnival, having won for Godolphin the Bendigo and Cranbourne Cups, as well as finishing third in the Cox Plate with Folkswood.

It's no surprise he is eager to get back down to Australia with yet another strong and competitive team of top-level horses.

Folkswood (GB) is the banner horse for the team given his success last spring, when he won the Cranbourne Cup before running a gallant third behind Winx in the Cox Plate.

The five-year-old son of Exceed And Excel then went on to finish fifth in the Emirates Stakes, and is likely to target similar races this year.

Old Persian (GB) looks to be an extremely exciting prospect and one to look forward to this spring. The three-year-old son of Dubawi most recently put the writing on the wall with an impressive victory at Royal Ascot in the G2 King Edward VII (for colts and geldings) over 2400m.

Since then the colt has had one further start when he was backed-up eight days later to run in the G1 Irish Derby over 2400m at the Curragh, where he finished midfield. The colt has notched five wins from nine starts and will be targeting to Caulfield Cup.

The July Festival at Newmarket over the weekend was a prime example of the fine form Appleby is enjoying, with the trainer winning six of the 21 races, and one of those winners is now Melbourne-bound.

Hamada (GB) took out the Gordon's Handicap (2800m) when first-up on the second day of the festival and will now head in the direction of the Ebor Handicap at York on August 25 before booking a Melbourne Cup ticket.

Appleby is also eyeing our feature sprint races and is aiming to send down elite sprinter Jungle Cat(IRE).

The six-year-old son of Iffraaj is already an esteemed traveller, having won the G1 Al Quoz Sprint on World Cup Night at Meydan back in March, beating Australian horses Illustrious Lad, Faatinah and Music Magnate by at least four lengths.

Jungle Cat has not raced since and will aiming up at the Darley Classic on the final day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival.

SAEED BIN SUROOR - Newmarket, England

Bin Suroor has been a competitor at our Spring Carnival for many years now, with his best results being All The Good's victory in the 2008 Caulfield Cup and Beautiful Romance's triumph in the 2016 Zipping Classic.

This year the Godolphin trainer has accepted the MVRC's invitation for Benbatl (GB) to compete in the Cox Plate, and to take on our mighty mare Winx as she attempts to win the race for a historic fourth time.

Last preparation Benbatl campaigned in Dubai, winning three of four races which culminated in a victory in the G1 Dubai Turf (1800m).

We recently saw Benbatl race below par when first-up and favourite for the G1 Queen Anne Stakes (1600m). The son of Dubawi tired late in the race, which was won by long-shot Accidental Agent.

Bin Suroor has suggested Benbatl will head in the direction of the G1 Bayerisches Zuchtrennen at Munich in late July before he presses on to The Valley.

Bin Suroor is also set to travel a July Festival winner in Best Solution (IRE).

Best Solution won the G2 Princess of Wales's Stakes (2400m) last Thursday at Newmarket when first-up, with the race holding a Caulfield Cup ballot exemption for winners.

In the past Big Orange and Fiorente have won this race to springboard into the Melbourne Carnival and Best Solution will look to do the same.

This son of Kodiac also performed admirably at Meydan in the G1 Sheema Classic (2400m) back in May and will run in the Caulfield Cup before hoping to progress onto the Melbourne Cup.

HUGHIE MORRISON - East Ilsley, England

Morrison will be a familiar face when he returns to Melbourne in the coming months with talented stayer Marmelo (GB).

Last spring this son of Duke Of Marmalade landed in Melbourne with great expectations and did not disappoint when he ran an eye-catching sixth in the Caulfield Cup.

However, Marmelo then went on to underperform in the Melbourne Cup when finishing midfield despite starting equal favourite.

Morrison is keen for another attempt at our most famous race and admits he has learned a lot from last year's experience.

This time around Marmelo will only contest the Melbourne Cup, in a bid to keep him fresh and firing for his target race.

Just last Saturday Marmelo won the Prix Maurice De Nieuil (2800m) at Longchamp in Paris and proved to connections and the public he's on song for Melbourne and will again prove a serious contender. He is currently on the third line of betting for the Melbourne Cup at $26.

ROGER CHARLTON - Beckhampton England

Charlton returns to Melbourne this year and he's already set tongues wagging.

His stayer Withhold (GB) is sitting atop markets for the 2018 Lexus Melbourne Cup at $19 and judging by the confidence exuding from the stable it seems as though the team are preparing to make a big impact.

Withhold is a five-year-old gelding by Champs Elysees with a big future according to connections, his biggest victory recorded a fortnight ago at Newcastle in the form of a dominant performance when he won the Northumberland Plate Handicap (3300m).

Withhold had not raced for more than 250 days before this recent victory and Charlton explained the lack of racing over the past year is all part of his Melbourne Cup plan, a bid to keep Withhold's rating down to avoid copping a hefty weight in the Melbourne Cup.

As it stands, Withhold has been handicapped to carry 52.5kg in this year's edition, which would put him right on the cusp of gaining a start in the 24-horse field.

Another win before the Melbourne Cup would boost his weight and guarantee a place in our richest race but Charlton is eager to sit and wait it out, with no lead-up runs planned.

CHARLIE FELLOWES - Newmarket, England

One new face during the spring will be that of up-and-coming Newmarket horseman Fellowes, who is ecstatic to have a Melbourne Cup prospect in his stable.

Prince Of Arran (GB) is a five-year-old gelding by Shirocco who most recently finished second to Withhold in the Northumberland Plate (3300m) at Newcastle on June 30, where he was beaten almost three lengths.

On that occasion, however, Prince Of Arran carried just over 2kg more than Withhold and as it stands both horses will be on equal weights in the Melbourne Cup.

That weight turnaround on the current Cup favourite has Fellowes and his team extremely excited for the trip to Melbourne and he has declared his intention to have a lead-up run in either the Caulfield Cup or the Herbert Power.

IAN WILLIAMS - Portway, England

The Williams stable is shooting for spring riches with Magic Circle (IRE) this year, who currently sits on the second line of Melbourne Cup betting at $21.

The six-year-old son of Makfi boasts an impressive record of eight wins from 20 starts and most recently romped in by six lengths in the G3 Henry II Stakes over 3200m at Sandown on May 24, which undoubtedly stamped him a major Melbourne Cup prospect.

Williams has only had Magic Circle for two starts but his owner, Marwan Koukash, knows a thing or two about getting horses to Melbourne for the spring.

Koukash was also the owner of two-time Cup performer Mount Athos, who most memorably finished a brave third behind Fiorente in the 2013 edition.

Koukash is hoping it will be a case of third time lucky when Magic Circle makes his way to Melbourne in the coming months, and it's unlikely he'll have a lead-up run into the two-mile feature.

ED DUNLOP - Newmarket, England

Dunlop needs no briefing pack when it comes to Melbourne Spring Carnival campaigns.

Not only has the legendary trainer travelled to Australia on many occasions, he's contested the Melbourne Cup an unprecedented five times with the much loved Red Cadeaux, and came heartbreakingly close to being first past the post on three of those occasions.

His famous red and light blue silks will be back on show this spring when Red Verdon (USA) makes the trip to Melbourne.

Raced by the same owner, Rob Arculli, Red Verdon has been allocated a weight of 54kg, which will guarantee him a start in the Melbourne Cup this year.

The five-year-old entire by Lemon Drop Kid has finished second in his past three starts.

Most recently he contested the G2 Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot (2400m) where he was runner-up to the exciting Crystal Ocean when a 33/1 chance.

The race prior to that Red Verdon was gapped by fellow Cup horse Magic Circle at Sandown in the G3 Henry II Stakes (3200m). It certainly would be a fairytale story if Red Verdon was to go well this spring.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:15pm

Albert
Amazing Red
Best Solution
Chelkar
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Chestnut Coat</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Dal Harraild</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Dylan Mouth</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Euchen Glen</span>
Hamada
Hawkbill
Idaho
Joshua Reynolds
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Latrobe</span>
Magic Circle
Marmelo
Max Dynamite
Nakeeta
Northwest Frontier
Order Of St George
Orderofthegarter
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Red Verdon</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Sole Impact</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Stradivarius ( Unlikely )</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Thomas Hobson</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Tiberian</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Torcedor</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Wall Of Fire</span>
<span style="line-height: 16.8px;">Wicklow Brave</span>
Withhold

Is this a list of potential internationals???

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 8:20pm
Yes.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:55pm
A few names in that list I haven’t looked into. Cheers!!

-------------
The Mugg

Date Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 9:58pm
Euchen Glen will likely be ruled out, Unfortunately was injured whilst winning on the weekend.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 1:39pm

Albert
Amazing Red
Best Solution
Chelkar
Chestnut Coat
Dal Harraild
Dylan Mouth
Euchen Glen
Hamada
Hawkbill
Idaho
Joshua Reynolds
Latrobe
Magic Circle
Marmelo
Max Dynamite
Nakeeta
Northwest Frontier
Order Of St George
Orderofthegarter
Red Verdon
Sole Impact
Thomas Hobson
Tiberian
Torcedor
Wall Of Fire
Wicklow Brave
Withhold

We can add Prince Of Arran and Count Octave.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 3:08pm
I thought Wall of Fire stayed here in Australia after last years Melb Cup, pending a decision on a local trainer?

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 3:51pm

I thought Wall of Fire stayed here in Australia after last years Melb Cup, pending a decision on a local trainer?

Not sure. I think he went home

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 6:16pm
Hamada looks like the typical Appleby improver.

-------------

Posted By: speedingaway
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:07pm
Any locals running this year?

Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:29pm

He is still listed as with Hugo Palmer.

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Posted By: Slammington
Date Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 9:53pm
Surely Order of St George is no hope of coming out?

Posted By: Hoffy95
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2018 at 5:07pm
http://https://www.racenet.com.au/news/ciaron-maher-to-set-wall-of-fire-for-melbourne-cup-20180719" rel="nofollow - http://https://www.racenet.com.au/news/ciaron-maher-to-set-wall-of-fire-for-melbourne-cup-20180719

Date Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 5:55pm
Tab are taking bets on RETIRED horses again
Abbey Marie and Poppiholla both available to back despite being officially retired.
Probably more, just had a quick glance.

Posted By: Shrunk in the Wash
Date Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 7:53pm
A deeper glance will show you that the corporates are doin* the same thing

Posted By: TOLEDO
Date Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 3:12pm
I dont know about the corporates but with TAB if you bet on a horse that isnt nominated you get your cash back. Still not great that they have horses that are retired but it probably an information issue rather than an attempt to steal cash

Date Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 6:54pm
I see one of OTI'S Chelkar failed overnight in Ireland.

The time looked okay, and the winner Uradel defeated his Willie Mullins stablemate Liminia, who is onwed in the same interests as Max Dynamite.

How strong the form? Group 3 out here?

-------------

Posted By: mikey
Date Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 8:22am
I think it will be Darren Weir's Cup this year and he may well do the CC/MC double.

Kings Will Dream!

Date Posted: 01 Aug 2018 at 10:14am
Hi guys:
Just wondering has any of the betting mobs.got the cc and mc double up yet betting wise.i wonder when Sportsbet will.

Date Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 10:01pm
Dual Melb Cup placegetter MAX DYNAMITE goes around in the rich Galway Hurdle tonight.

Pretty sure I’ve heard Willie Mullins say he’d head back to Flemington again this year for the Cup.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 12:23am

Dual Melb Cup placegetter MAX DYNAMITE goes around in the rich Galway Hurdle tonight.

Pretty sure I’ve heard Willie Mullins say he’d head back to Flemington again this year for the Cup.

Interesting field.

21 jumpers....

The comment for Max Dynamite (7/1) from the SportingLife:

Well beaten behind Stradivarius in Gold Cup at Ascot in June. Drops in distance now, appears to be on the wane and plenty of his stablemates appears better placed.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Brudder_A Brudder_A wrote:

Interesting field.

21 jumpers....

The comment for Max Dynamite (7/1) from the SportingLife:

Well beaten behind Stradivarius in Gold Cup at Ascot in June. Drops in distance now, appears to be on the wane and plenty of his stablemates appears better placed.

A weak 11th and only made a little headway.

Maybe Max just needs to get to the Southern Hemisphere...

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:41pm
Are there any potential Cups runners in the Glorious Stakes 2400m at Goodwood tonight.

It’s Race 1 tonight, so should still be awake to watch it after the Storm v Rabbits blockbuster.

Date Posted: 03 Aug 2018 at 9:47pm
The whole field should have it as a potential target. 

-------------
reductio ad absurdum

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net