Print Page | Close Window

Harness Racing Arrests Victoria

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: All Sports - Public Forums
Forum Name: Harness Racing
Forum Description: Discussions about the sport of harness racing. Run by the harness racing whiz, Pinevale Lad.
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=58221
Printed Date: 24 Apr 2024 at 8:58pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Harness Racing Arrests Victoria
Posted By: Passing Through
Subject: Harness Racing Arrests Victoria
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:19am

Race-fixing arrests at biggest meet of year rock Harness Racing Victoria

Mark Buttler, Herald Sun

DETECTIVES arrested leading harness racing figures last night over race-fixing allegations following the sport’s biggest meet of the year.

Sports corruption police detained a number of industry figures at the big Breeders Crown meeting held at the Melton track and elsewhere.

Top trainer-driver Nathan Jack was among those arrested alongside his girlfriend and fellow leading driver and trainer, Amanda Turnbull.

Jack trains out of Shepparton and Mengangle in NSW with Turnbull, with both seen as champions of the industry.

The investigation has centred on a race at Cobram on June 22 last year, won by a horse called Airborne Magic, trained by David Bartley.

more.....

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/racefixing-arrests-at-biggest-meet-of-year-rock-harness-racing-victoria/news-story/a8e52fdbf21e9f742dfb4959040e300b" rel="nofollow - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/racefixing-arrests-at-biggest-meet-of-year-rock-harness-racing-victoria/news-story/a8e52fdbf21e9f742dfb4959040e300b

Replies:
Posted By: Heavy10
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:32am
I've seen some very very suss races when half the field is made up of Turnbulls so no surprise.

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 8:48am
Red - Hots by name.....

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 11:32am
Just as well its in Vic or Mr Baird would have a field day.

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: mowie
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 12:30pm
so who dobbed them in?  for a lazy what 10 grand for the jacks? 

-------------
chris Armstrong waller, *drugs are bad mkay

Posted By: Fiddlesticks
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

says the bloke who's always prancing around here spouting trainers are on drugs this and that...now you want to play the protect the dodgy trainers and crucify the grasses..??

weirdo/..

-------------
Panspermia.

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Originally posted by mowie mowie wrote:

says the bloke who's always prancing around here spouting trainers are on drugs this and that...now you want to play the protect the dodgy trainers and crucify the grasses..??

weirdo/..

hahaha mr no life or is that no clue I care so much what you think LOLLOL 
for the record I ain't protecting the guy,he has form just find it odd this time they got caught, scary thought if they dig deeper into it really as the trainer of the winner has two fathers racing Embarrassed

-------------

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 5:43pm
I thought this investigation had been going on for many months  Confused Might be the Mildura guy I'm thinking of.

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Posted By: Pardon_My_Dust
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 6:43pm
Ha! Without wanting to state the bleeding obvious, I knew it was dodgy. One of the reasons I stopped punting on the horses.

Posted By: Kong
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 6:57pm
when you consider the prizemoney trots race for its no surprise. 

Posted By: oneonesit
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Just as well its in Vic or Mr Baird would have a field day.
Most odd comment from you Acacia.....what link do you see between race fixing & animal welfare ?

-------------
Refer ALP Election Promises

Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:14pm
This last one strikes me as rather funny Wink

Today's Birthdays

Todays Birthdays http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/member_profile.asp?PF=5607" rel="nofollow - Jimbob22 (30), http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/member_profile.asp?PF=5256" rel="nofollow - Horsing Around (30), http://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/member_profile.asp?PF=3723" rel="nofollow - redhot (48)

-------------

Posted By: Fiddlesticks
Date Posted: 29 Aug 2016 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Kong Kong wrote:

when you consider the prizemoney trots race for its no surprise. 

Have you seen the prizemoney they race for in Sweden and Finland..??

they race for millions here comparatively.. they earn plenty of prizemoney don't worry about that..

-------------
Panspermia.

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 7:32am
DO A BAIRD +BAN IT

Posted By: acacia alba
Date Posted: 30 Aug 2016 at 10:08am
Well, 1x1, Macca can see the link between Baird and my comment, so maybe you are off your game today.LOL

-------------
animals before people.

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 4:28pm
Watched the replay , Jack set up a savage tempo , quickest mile rate of the night . Winner fell in by a lip so someone didn't tell B Gath on the second horse as he got way too close for comfort I'd say . Odds on favorite always way off them never looked likely ..

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Date Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 7:30pm
Where was the winner sitting? In behind the leader?

Posted By: horseshoe
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2016 at 8:38pm
news room

Update - HRV Media Statement re HRV/Police Investigation

05 September 2016
Logo

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police at the Melton harness racing meeting on 28 August 2016 involving harness racing participants,  and the submissions now received from the relevant parties regarding whether the HRV Stewards take any action against the licences of the relevant participants under the Australian Harness Racing Rules (AHRR), HRV Stewards advise that they will now give due consideration to such matters.

Any decision of the HRV Stewards in this regard is not expected to be made and announced prior to Thursday 8 September 2016.

-------------
Those who know don't tell, Those who tell don't know

Posted By: RED HUNTER
Date Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Watched the replay , Jack set up a savage tempo , quickest mile rate of the night . Winner fell in by a lip so someone didn't tell B Gath on the second horse as he got way too close for comfort I'd say . Odds on favorite always way off them never looked likely ..

It's what the NOVELTIES pay (tri,first four,quaddies)  (a)TAB and (b)SPORTS BOOKIES have to pay....without the odds on. Over-do it and what's bet, how it's bet and where it's bet, that can cause ALARM BELLS.

.....and who collects (vision would exist) and when/where collected and how much collected at any one spot.

Total it up and you find the culprits

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:26pm

In accordance with the provisions of AHRR 183, the HRV Stewards have directed the suspension of the licences of the four relevant participants, with immediate effect, for no longer than 3 months (should circumstances remain the same)  while the investigation continues.  Pursuant to AHRR 15(d), the relevant participants have also been excluded from attending racecourses in Victoria for no longer than 3 months (should circumstances remain the same)  while the investigation continues.  The participants have been advised of their rights of appeal against this decision of the HRV Stewards.  Any such appeal must be lodged with the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary (RAD) Board by 5.00pm on Monday 12 September 2016.

With respect to the further investigation by Victoria Police, HRV is unable to make any further comment at this time.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 6:34pm

Posted By: Farmermick
Date Posted: 13 Sep 2016 at 10:31pm
yes the investigation has been underway for sometime and there are other races in question too.
I have 3 horses in the sport and the only reason is that I was once involved in the game and I worked with leading trainers and believe me when I say what went on was incredible but it happens in both codes lets be realists about it the integrity commission for both sports are a bit slow on the uptake shall we say.

-------------
Ethical Farming
Boutique Horse Stud
Medicinal Plant Research

Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 8:52pm
Logo

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police at the Melton harness racing meeting on 28 August 2016 involving four harness racing participants, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

On 9 September, 2016 HRV Stewards suspended the licences (for no longer than 3 months) of the four participants in accordance with the provisions of Rule 183 of the Australian Harness Racing Rules (AHRR) whilst the police investigations continue.  The HRV Stewards also excluded the participants from attending harness racing tracks in accordance with the provisions of AHRR 15 (d).   

The HRV RAD Board today heard the appeals of all four licensed persons and ordered that the restrictions be lifted, enabling the participants to conduct licensed activities and attend race meetings.  In making this decision, the HRV RAD Board Chairman noted the obligations of the Stewards to consider the integrity of the industry and made no criticism of the decision which had been taken to impose the restrictions in the circumstances, indicating he would have been surprised had such not occurred.  However, the RAD Board Chairman noted the RAD Board’s obligation with respect to the presumption of innocence of the parties and determined on the current information before the RAD Board, there was insufficient material to support the continuation of the suspensions and exclusions

HRV Stewards will monitor the ongoing Victoria Police investigation and if any circumstances change in the future, HRV Stewards will reconsider whether any necessary protective measures need to be taken.

With respect to the further investigation by Victoria Police, HRV is unable to make any further comment at this time.

Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley  other 2 in question

-------------

Posted By: Ecair Issoire
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 9:03pm
Pmd what does that symbol / picture mean?

Just curious

Posted By: RED HUNTER
Date Posted: 14 Sep 2016 at 9:14pm
"on shakey ground"

Date Posted: 25 Jan 2017 at 3:11pm

With respect to the actions taken by Victoria Police on 11 January, 2017 involving the service of charges on four harness racing participants, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

In accordance with Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 183, the HRV Stewards have today suspended the licences of Mr Nathan Jack, Ms Lisa Bartley, Mr Mark Pitt and Ms Amanda Turnbull with immediate effect.

HRV

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 10:06am
can't see it being for long such big names in harness racing they will get 3 months or something bans. wonder if they can buy at the sales next week or do pre training ?
knowing lisa I'm abit stunned she got caught up in it but Nathan is a toxic unit who I hope get's the boot soon

-------------

Date Posted: 27 Jan 2017 at 2:01pm
4 grubs of the sport, now  Turnbull trained horses are with  Russell Jack=Nathan's Father, also McCarthy's have another fall guy=Craig Cross, just gets better doesn't itAngry

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Apr 2017 at 2:27pm

With respect to the criminal investigation conducted by Victoria Police, which resulted on 11 January, 2017 in criminal charges being served on harness racing participants Nathan Jack, Amanda Turnbull, Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) provides the following update:

These criminal charges have been adjourned to Shepparton Magistrates Court for a further mention hearing on 19 October, 2017.  
This matter has also been booked in for a contested hearing commencing 27 November, 2017.
HRV is unable to make any further comment in relation to the Victoria Police investigation.

Harness Racing Victoria 11th April 2017

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 6:28pm
made me sick seeing bartley train a winner with blake jones in the sulky, 

side not the date in court is coming up any chance they get a ban?

-------------

Date Posted: 08 Oct 2017 at 8:35pm
This is what they should get.

Participants in Queensland's three racing codes have been put on notice they face severe bans if they engage in match-fixing.

Queensland Racing Integrity Commission boss Ross Barnett said harness driver Barton Cockburn, who pleaded guilty to match-fixing charges in the Magistrates Court last week, had been warned off for life.

The ban means Cockburn can't attend any racetrack in the world.

"Cockburn's warning off applies to all three codes of racing, thoroughbreds, harness and greyhounds," Barnett said.

"The prosecution of Cockburn should sound a clear warning to anyone wanting to undermine the integrity of racing in Queensland that there will be serious consequences."

Cockburn was one of three people charged with match-fixing offences in April this year after the Racing Crime Squad investigated match fixing allegations in the harness racing industry.

-------------

Date Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 6:50am
problem is if they ban the group of them what is stopping there uncle from taking over or running back to daddy turnbull, or even mark pitts wife running them,   can see why they did what they did they have complete control. worst case they go back to pre training them ..

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:22pm
Oh dear Ouch

https://www.facebook.com/Harnessbred/?hc_ref=ARS3yA5wIk61HexdT9qzmrrofHQSVBl4HgKoOohMABrsu7DOZ3jYH52p2Qvy5WlzDw0&fref=nf" rel="nofollow - Harnessbred
https://www.facebook.com/Harnessbred/photos/a.1501133356828332.1073741828.1497126437229024/1870049219936742/?type=3" rel="nofollow - - - 10 hrs · https://www.facebook.com/#" rel="nofollow">

Sadly reports are coming in that the Victorian Police force are about to announce race fixing allegations against four well known participants. This will be another very sad day for the sport if these reports are correct.

-------------

Posted By: Second Chance
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:45pm
Certainly hope Mowie isn't involved in these Police matters.

But thankfully for him don't think bad tipping constitutes a criminal offence.  Smile

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 18 Oct 2017 at 5:49pm
Ouch !

Date Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Certainly hope Mowie isn't involved in these Police matters.

But thankfully for him don't think bad tipping constitutes a criminal offence.  Smile

-------------

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:33am
Jack, Turnbull, Pitt, and Bartley have their day in court on the 27th November, could get 10 years jail.

-------------

Posted By: max manewer
Date Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 10:43am
I think a case in Qld of race fixing resulted in just a $5000 fine, and a life ban. The law provides for long jail sentences. The life ban from race-courses is more a benefit than a punishment.

Date Posted: 22 Oct 2017 at 4:32pm
spot on max as I said in a earlier post pitt an his gf run a breaking in company so they really don't need to go near a track an Amanda well can work for the family an rack it in still..

after what crump got life ban or was it 10 year ban? harness vic need to make a stand even if it is only a 5000 grand fine buttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. jack turnbull are strong names an harness vic are gutless

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:10pm
15th Dec:

A contested hearing into criminal charges issued against licensed persons Nathan Jack, Amanda Turnbull, Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley has been held in the Shepparton Magistrates Court over the past three weeks. The case against Amanda Turnbull was dismissed during proceedings.
The magistrate has directed that written submissions be provided by all parties before he delivers his decision. The court has indicated that no decision would be made prior to April 2018.
HRV is unable to make any further comment in relation to the matter.

18th Dec

THE Australian Racing Forensic Laboratory (ARFL) has advised Harness Racing New South Wales (HRNSW) that triamcinolone acetonide has been detected in the blood sample taken from TAIHAPE SUNSET NZ following its win in Race 3, the BAKERS EARTHMOVING WINDMILL HEAT 3 (1720m) at Dubbo on Wednesday November 15, 2017.
The “B” sample has been sent to Racing Analytical Services Limited (RASL) in Victoria for confirmation.
Trainer Ms Amanda Turnbull has been advised that HRNSW will continue its investigation into this sample irregularity and an inquiry will be conducted in due course.
Acting under the provisions of Rule 183A, it has been determined that TAIHAPE SUNSET NZ, the horse subject of the certificate, shall not be nominated or compete in any race until the outcome of an inquiry or investigation. This is effective immediately.

-------------

Date Posted: 19 Dec 2017 at 12:39pm
Triamcinolone acetonide
Drug
Triamcinolone acetonide is a synthetic corticosteroid used topically to treat various skin conditions, to relieve the discomfort of mouth sores and intra-articularly by proceduralists to treat various joint conditions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triamcinolone_acetonide" rel="nofollow - Wikipedia

-------------

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 6:21am
anti inflammatory drugs were legal in the USA.

"Half" our population are taking non steroidal anti inflammatory medication, usually badly monitored and rife with serious side effects..

Doctors are a health & wealth hazard.

Posted By: VOYAGER
Date Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 1:46pm
Looks like the New Zealanders are in a bit of trouble, as well.

-------------
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise

Date Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 12:51pm
10 Stables Raided Yesterday And 4 More Today In NZ:

Charged So Far

Blair Orange (race fixing)
Natalie Rasmussen (supply of Class B)
Andrew Stuart (race fixing)
Nigel McGrath (race fixing)
John Dunn (race fixing)
Brent Wall (race fixing)
Matt Anderson (race fixing, possession and supply of Class B)

-------------

Date Posted: 11 Sep 2018 at 12:39pm
Victorian harness racing licenced participants Nathan Jack, Mark Pitt and Lisa Bartley were found guilty of charges under Section 195C of the Crimes Act (1958), which relates to engaging in conduct that corrupts or would corrupt the betting outcome of an event or event contingency.
Mr Jack was found guilty of charges relating to Race 4 at Cobram on 22 June, 2015, and the training arrangements of Airbournemagic leading up to the event.
Mr Pitt was found guilty of a charge relating to the aforementioned race.
Ms Bartley was found guilty of charges relating to the training arrangements of Airbournemagic.
Mr Jack and Mr Pitt were convicted and fined $20,000 and $15,000 respectively.
Ms Bartley was fined $5,000 without a conviction being recorded.
In light of the parties being found guilty Mr Jack, Mr Pitt and Ms Bartley have had all harness racing licences suspended. Horses owned by them are prevented from racing or trialling and all three have been excluded from attending any Victorian racecourse. These restrictions were imposed immediately pending submissions being provided as to why these embargoes should not remain in place until the completion of a HRV investigation.
A final decision with respect to these embargoes is expected to be announced by the HRV Integrity Department by 5pm on 19 September 2018.
As today’s decision of the Magistrates’ Court of Victoria is subject to an appeal period, and all parties being required to appear before HRV for further proceedings, HRV will not make any further comment at this time.

-------------

Date Posted: 18 Nov 2018 at 3:18pm
Pitt, Jack And Bartley gone as from 23rd November

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2022 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net