Print Page | Close Window

Changes in the Moderator team

Printed From: Thoroughbred Village
Category: Community - Public Forums
Forum Name: Village Administration - Support and Feedback
Forum Description: Ask for help on any matters relating to the Thoroughbred Village web site
URL: https://forum.thoroughbredvillage.com.au/forum_posts.asp?TID=38942
Printed Date: 29 Mar 2024 at 5:54am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.05 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Changes in the Moderator team
Posted By: Mayor
Subject: Changes in the Moderator team
Date Posted: 28 Apr 2012 at 2:26pm
I've made some changes to the Moderator team. Gay3 has come on board to help out. Wortel and Voyager have been retired from the team, in order to give others a turn. Thanks so much for your efforts guys and see you on the forums as "normal" members.

If anyone is willing to give it a try, please let me know. Don't be offended if you don't meet the acceptance criteria :)

Please pay our moderators the respect they deserve.
Regards
Mayor

-------------
Mayor

Replies:
Posted By: Quezacotl
Date Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 11:08pm
Good work Gay....

-------------
SPRINTER SACRE - "SIMPLY THE BEST"

Posted By: Gay3
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 2:53pm
 Guess we'll see ay Quez & thanks LOL

-------------
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 3:03pm
Having fun with your new edit button already I see..ROFL..!!

-------------

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 5:59pm
It's brilliant Embarrassed, I'd forgotten to thank you, must say, it'd save so many unnecessary posts, particularly those made on the iphones as those ppl appear to be spelling nazis LOL

-------------

Posted By: Run For Fun
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:04pm
Hope people won't get suspended if they suggest the Ballarat track is #*! awful and that most of the trainers there are even worse.   Tongue

-------------
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 6:56pm
I almost snagged a 100/1 shot from one oh dem Ballarat trainers.went down a half headCry  ....I will always harbor d memory of what coulda bin.

Date Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:46pm

Originally posted by Bundy Bundy wrote:

I almost snagged a 100/1 shot from one oh dem Ballarat trainers.went down a half headCry  ....I will always harbor d memory of what coulda bin.

Obviously wasn't mine then LOL. Dynasty Ark, 3 EM got the run on a bog & beat BMS o/o job with Cathy Payne up at 100/1 Tongue. Yes, she is by Ark Regal!!  12/9/2000 in case of disbelievers LOL

Runfer, we're all entitled to our opinions, for better or worse but you've no fear of offending this mod as I tend to agree on both counts, tho' a little less harsh than you on the 1st one LOL

-------------

Posted By: Wortel
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 5:27am
Good luck Gay3.

I just couldn't keep doing it anymore. My patience ran out lol

Thanks to the mayor for all the opportunities to police the joint and keep it clean. I think the community is now thriving though there is a small population of posters that can get abusive without warning and they need to really think about why they're even here if they're not in the right frame of mind.

Posted By: HUSSLER
Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:15pm
LOL

-------------
People who post winners as their signatures must be hung like Cashews IMO

Posted By: Pazman
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 1:49am
Wortel gets shafted again.

Posted By: HUSSLER
Date Posted: 04 May 2012 at 11:31pm
Careful your post may get deleted, very touchy in here

-------------
People who post winners as their signatures must be hung like Cashews IMO

Posted By: VSP.
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 3:07am
Cant you guys read above ? - Wortel said he'd had enough. He's done a heap of largely unappreciated work around here for a long time, and mostly done a very good job in the circumstances.

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 1:43pm
Thanks VSP.

I know at times we didn't agree but I really respect the time and effort you've put in here.

Giving it another go I realised I was not getting enough out of it anymore and maybe posters were sick of my style.

If modding here was not helping my forum experience it was time to give it away.

That's not to say the forum doesn't need those dedicated to cleaning the place up, it just can't be me anymore. I've done my time and I've moved on.

In no way was I shafted. The mayor has always been more than fair with me and has given me a great opportunity that I really appreciate.

Good luck to the new mod team. Clap

Posted By: magic_idol
Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

Thanks VSP.

I know at times we didn't agree but I really respect the time and effort you've put in here.

Giving it another go I realised I was not getting enough out of it anymore and maybe posters were sick of my style.

If modding here was not helping my forum experience it was time to give it away.

That's not to say the forum doesn't need those dedicated to cleaning the place up, it just can't be me anymore. I've done my time and I've moved on.

In no way was I shafted. The mayor has always been more than fair with me and has given me a great opportunity that I really appreciate.

Good luck to the new mod team. Clap
Well Said Wortel Well SaidClapClapClapClapClap

-------------
Happy Fit Horses Win Races :-)

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 4:12pm
Well Wortel, I think you are very hard to replace for the dedication and time you have put in - and who knows, maybe with a freshen up you may feel like returning to the fold!

Date Posted: 05 May 2012 at 6:20pm
how many racing cliches there VSP...??

ROFL...LOL

-------------

Posted By: Whale
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Well Wortel, I think you are very hard to replace for the dedication and time you have put in - and who knows, maybe with a freshen up you may feel like returning to the fold!

Excuse me while I gag,I mean he is not your favourite person from what I read between the lines so why the insincere flattery Confused ,very unlike you

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by VSP. VSP. wrote:

Excuse me while I gag,I mean he is not your favourite person from what I read between the lines so why the insincere flattery Confused ,very unlike you

I haven't always agreed with Wortel's Mod style - but he is one of the too few people here who do not abuse others as a form of response. He has dedicated many hours & mostly done a good job. Until you have Moderated through one of the kindergarten sessions that you guys can turn on you would not appreciate how time consuming, frustrating and upsetting it can be. There have been many times when I wanted Wortel gone as a mod because he had caused a problem among you guys, but equally there were many times I have appreciated or needed his assistance. None of us are perfect Mods, but we try to do the best we can, Wortel included! That is not insincere, it is very sincere. It is also not flattery, it is a statement of fact.

Posted By: grumpyguts
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:11pm
An internet forum without moderators might degenerate into goodness knows what. Thank you TVB mod, , team for trying to keep us all nice. Sometimes some of us ''say it best when we say nuthin at all''.
Cheers G3,

-------------
If you believe you can or you believe you can't you are absolutely right
Note to self: don't respond to loonies, trollers and obnoxious posters...

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:20pm

I haven't always agreed with Wortel's Mod style - but he is one of the too few people here who do not abuse others as a form of response.
[/QUOTE]

Muffin, its idiots like you that just keep the cogs in a well oiled propaganda machine ticking over nicely on auto pilot.You are a strawman. A fool.

Is this an exam0ple of not abusing anyone Confused

-------------
Victor Orban 1.74 m, Michael Bloomberg 1.73 m, Emmanual Macron 1.77 m, George Soros 1.8 m

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:39pm
I already said nobodies perfect Whale.

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 10:54pm
Didn't agree with his totalatarian style , glad he has had enough as Worts was the only Mod that has given me any grief . Good riddance Mod Wortel, welcome back prolific poster Wortel

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:08am
Sometimes the visible presence of dealing with troublemakers was needed.

We tried not to let it get to that.

Very sorry if I've banned you before Noccy. I'm sure I did just don't remember when, you see it's not really that personal with me. I was banning people I thought were being abusive, rude and generally disgusting. There are many posters that want to exhibit this behaviour but now think better of it and for that we can Smile

Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 12:19am
The person we loving refer to as Bip/oddsonbet etc etc...

Is someone here .. A normal member or is friends with a member here, as everytime they join up...( ten times a day ) they are communicating with someone here via pm .

You know who you are, why do you insist on paying this childish game ?

-------------

Posted By: Nocturnal
Date Posted: 08 May 2012 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Wortel Wortel wrote:

Sometimes the visible presence of dealing with troublemakers was needed.

We tried not to let it get to that.

Very sorry if I've banned you before Noccy. I'm sure I did just don't remember when, you see it's not really that personal with me. I was banning people I thought were being abusive, rude and generally disgusting. There are many posters that want to exhibit this behaviour but now think better of it and for that we can Smile

I am pleased to say i have Never been banned , had some terse PM and and deleted posts which at times I didn't agree with , but all is fun in love and war

-------------
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:35am
Guys, expressions of interest please to moderate Joffs & General. PM myself or the Mayor if you have the time & inclination Big smile
There is the possibility of closing these forums altogether which I know would cause a large void for most of you who contribute to them.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 11:59am
Image result for choose me

Posted By: TIGER
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:03pm
Nope .... no to mr bubbles

-------------
EAD

Posted By: Passing Through
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:22pm
Maybe you should explain or clarify what you meant by that reference Tiger.

Pretty bad if it is what it looks like.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
Don't know what your talking about

Have a nice day

-------------
EAD

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:00pm
I have been practising to be mod, firm but fair. How am I doing so far Smile

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
I think you would make a magnificent mod Whale. Thumbs Up

-------------

Posted By: JudgeHolden
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Don't know what your talking about

Have a nice day

Yeah you do. You’re lashing out, you sad little man. Whale doesn’t seem to care, so you’ve failed at that too.

Posted By: Xavier
Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
Tough gig. The mods do a fantastic job

-------------
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
The lone mod presently X, no plural about it & much appreciated Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:17pm
The lone mod is doing a fantastic job, let's hope the next mod selected behaves like an adult

-------------
EAD

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

The lone mod is doing a fantastic job, let's hope the next mod selected behaves like an adult

Keep the one we have and show some consideration.

I hereby sign the pledge.

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:22am
How did that go last night?

-------------

Date Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:34am
We had a visit from a very rare contributor, apparently intent only on stirring the pot.
Accusations of past misdemeanours are meaningless with few members beyond reproach.
We live in the now.

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Advance warning, potty mouths get some soap and wash out your mouths. Foul language will not be tolerated in future Ouch

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Clap

-------------

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
Courtesy of Tontonan with thanks Thumbs Up

I don't think it would be suicide at all.   

The Racing section is the entry point to the forums and accounts for more than 2/3rds of the posts.  Add in the Breeding section at the figure rises to 74%.  Racing would account for practically all the sites revenue.   

All Sports only accounts for 19.1% of posts and I would hazard a guess and say that half a dozen posters would account for the vast majority of those.  All Sports, as it focuses principally on politics and society, would be of negligible economic value.  

POSTS              %       section        

1040533      67.3%      Racing

102611      6.6%      Breeding

295719      19.1%      All Sports

105262      6.8%      Community

1544125      100%      Total

Even if the appointment of new moderator alienated half the All Sports posts that would amount to less than 10% of the total posts on site.   

It might be the end of you but it wouldn't be the end of the site.

-------------

Posted By: Tlazolteotl
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Advance warning, potty mouths get some soap and wash out your mouths. Foul language will not be tolerated in future Ouch

Can I change my nickname? I'm sick of this one. You can put (Tiaz) next to the new name.

-------------
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Posted By: Mayor
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:18pm
It's not about the money, we don't earn anything from the forums anymore. That dried up years ago.

Any changes proposed are about making the forum more enjoyable and informative for our members and if that means having these extra forums, then so be it. It also keeps the racing, breeding and tipping forums free of extraneous material.

That said, I am delighted to announce that our long-term member "horlicks' has 'volunteered' to moderate the General and Joffs All Sports forums.

Just getting it set up...

Thanks horlicks!

Mayor

-------------
Mayor

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm
Clap Excellent choice.

-------------

Posted By: maccamax
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

It's not about the money, we don't earn anything from the forums anymore. That dried up years ago.

Any changes proposed are about making the forum more enjoyable and informative for our members and if that means having these extra forums, then so be it. It also keeps the racing, breeding and tipping forums free of extraneous material.

That said, I am delighted to announce that our long-term member "horlicks' has 'volunteered' to moderate the General and Joffs All Sports forums.

Just getting it set up...

Thanks horlicks!

Mayor

Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm
Overlooked again 

Image result for crying

Posted By: Tontonan
Date Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Bad luck Whale.

Best of luck Horlicks. 

Posted By: horlicks