Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Prince Andrew

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I'm not suggesting there should be. I think JJ's views are a touch wider than equal pay. There is nothing wrong with boys wanting to play with cars - & women with dolls. There is nothing wrong with a woman who wants to spend an hour on herself to make herself pretty before going out - whilst a fella is showered , shaved & dressed in 5 minutes. There is nothing wrong with a woman to expect her partner to take the lead socially - be it opening the door, or getting the first drink at the bar - & for the partner to oblige. Its these types of "differences" that i think make us fundamentally different - & I for one appreciate them.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You obviously haven't met my brother and nephew. We women would be ready to go and they'd be still primping themselves, checking out how they look in the mirror.

Oneone...I love the differences, too. I don't want women to be men. Or vice-versa.

But the tide has shifted and if a man wants to be a house-dad...he can. And if a woman wants to work and get some relief from the dreariness of motherhood...she can. 

It's called 'progress'. 

Believe me...in my books, the men are men and the women are women...but they both instigate sex.  Women don't have to wait for men to make the first move, anymore. 

It's 2021, not 1921.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:05pm
Your just an old devil JJ  Evil SmileLOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:13pm
 I think you'd be surprised how accurate that description is.

Trouble is...I don't think like an 'old' person.

Someone once asked Betty White...at age 95...whether the sexual urge still existed in her body...

She answered with an affirmative "Yes." Then added: "Are you making me an offer?"

I have no idea of your age Oneone. 

Back on subject...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:36pm
64 going on 30 JJ  Cool
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2021 at 7:54pm
 We are in the same ball-park.

My brain still runs like a thirty-year-old.

I think the brakes failed at that point in time. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 8:44am
The Epstein settlement agreement exempting Epstein's ''friends'' from being prosecuted by Ms Giuffre has been opened and the judge is considering whether it is worth anything right now. 

Andrew is not specifically named in the agreement but such is the desperation of the defense that they are trying to get Ms Giuffre's challenge tossed on on the basis Andrew is one of those friends exempted, not that he wasn't there or did anything.

And they call this a defense? LOL
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
Didn’t Andy say in his famous interview that he only knew Epstein as a friend of a friend?

Can’t see this angle working out for him.

I also have doubts about his inability to sweat.

Mummy is going to be disappointed methinks
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:04pm
Yes the friend is Ghislaine Maxwell. At that time she hadn't been arrested let alone convicted of being Epstein's acomplice.
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:05pm
this guy is pretty spot on.

Big Brother is Watching You.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2022 at 2:14pm
 anyone who cannot even pronounce her name right should not be listened to.

oh dear...why don't we just let her go...

Question

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2022 at 7:32am

Prince Andrew: Judge refuses to throw out Virginia Giuffre's sexual assault lawsuit against royal

The Duke of York is being sued by Virginia Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, who claims he "committed sexual assault and battery" upon her when she was a teenager. Andrew vehemently denies the allegations.

A judge has rejected Prince Andrew's attempt to have the sexual assault lawsuit against him thrown out.

US judge Lewis Kaplan refused to dismiss the case after hearing arguments from lawyers representing the royal and his accuser Virginia Giuffre.

It means the royal will face a civil sex case trial later this year.

Speaking to Sky News this evening, Ms Giuffre's lawyer David Boies said she is "pleased with the court's decision".

"It is only one step in the process, it does not resolve the case but it rejects certain legal defences Prince Andrew was putting up to avoid the trial," he said.

Mr Boies said he believes the Duke of York's lawyers' "options are exhausted", though he suspects they will have "creative arguments they want to make".

Asked what Ms Giuffre wants, he said: "I believe she wants to achieve justice.

"Justice has a variety of aspects to it - judicial determination of who is telling the truth, of whether the photograph is as we've asserted is real or fabricated, recognition of Prince Andrew, his conduct."

The Duke of York is being sued by Ms Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, who claims he "committed sexual assault and battery" upon her when she was a teenager.

She alleges that she was trafficked by Jeffrey Epstein, the late disgraced financier, to have sex with Andrew when she was aged 17.

The duke's lawyers had asked for the civil lawsuit in New York to be dismissed after arguing Ms Giuffre waived her right to sue him when she signed a $500,000 dollar settlement agreement with Epstein.

The 2009 document said Ms Giuffre had agreed to "release, acquit, satisfy, and forever discharge" Epstein and "any other person or entity who could have been included as a potential defendant".

At a court hearing, Andrew Brettler, representing Andrew, said it was "unquestionable" that the royal could have been sued in the 2009 case, and would therefore be considered a "potential defendant".

The duke's lawyer told Judge Kaplan that Ms Giuffre's lawsuit "should absolutely be dismissed", arguing it was "unfair" and "unjust".

But Ms Giuffre's lawyer Mr Boies said Andrew would not be a "potential defendant" as referred to in the settlement, as the 2009 lawsuit made no allegation that the duke had trafficked individuals for illegal sexual activity.

Mr Boies told the hearing: "He was somebody to whom the girls were trafficked, that's a different criteria."

Outlining his reasons for denying the duke's motion to dismiss the civil case against him, Judge Kaplan said the agreement between Esptein and Ms Giuffre "cannot be said" to benefit the royal. more...

http://news.sky.com/story/prince-andrew-judge-refuses-to-throw-out-virginia-giuffres-sexual-assault-lawsuit-against-royal-12508881

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:53am
Mummy is not pleased. Andy has been relieved of all royal and military honors all royal duties stay removed and is no longer His Royal Highness.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:49am
This is why the royals normally conduct their affairs with posh married women who know the rules of the game.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:51am
And this will be in an American court. No control if they had any.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:53am
Settling out of court with a gag order, as bad as that is might be his best result. Epstein did that with her. 

Mummy might have to sell a favorite brooch to pay for it.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:06am
I feel sorry for Mummy.  She has led and exemplary life for 90 + years, and now she is loaded down with all the crazies of the younger generations.
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:14am
Mummy going to cut up his credit card too?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:14am
Presumption of guilt by her Maj. Jeez, Mummy, way to show support for your third favourite child.Cry Thanks a lot.

But if you presume Andy is guilty why did you wait until now? Not to save your own royal arse I hope.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:16am
 they say that Andy is her 1st favourite...

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 11:56am
Prolly why he is the most spoiled of the  lot.  And there fore the worst of the lot.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 1:46pm
What did he do wrong...    No law against Bonking and i do believe the legal age is 16 ......     Otherwise my worries increase dramatically.

This person having so much to say was reported to be still "on the town" at age 30 ..

Reminds me of the old joke ....     But I'm only 13 ,    I'm not superstitious ,            > My Mummy wouldn't like it ,   = Your mother isn't getting it .        > " I'll tell the Vicar ,.....      I am the vicar ..
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 2:01pm
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 7:33am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 8:21am
How is this justice, Virginia?Confused Looks like a non-disclosure agreement for big moola.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 8:26am
Most civil cases end this way.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How is this justice, Virginia?Confused Looks like a non-disclosure agreement for big moola.
She gets a load more cash this way.
Andy paid a huge premium for secrecy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 8:34am
Yes I know she got a bootful of cash but she presents herself as the voice of the Epstein oppressed.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 8:39am
He hasn't sat for the police interview that was ordered, given a deposition nor will be exposed to a ton of embarrassing evidence or can be cross examined.

For her, this is a civil trial where preponderance of evidence rather than beyond reasonable doubt decides the trial which goes both ways. He is a very prominent public figure extremely well resourced who has been avoiding this for years due to those factors.

She gets a heap of millions for her charity and the moral victory of not having to take her chances in court with him settling. Public opinion will not be kind to him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Yes I know she got a bootful of cash but she presents herself as the voice of the Epstein oppressed.
Was always about $$$$$$$$$$
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2022 at 9:05am
No surprise to see this outcome. This was never going to actually get to court. There no way Andrew would ever allow himself to be subjected to that given the further damage it would have done to his already destroyed reputation. Would not have been pretty. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>