Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Pride Of Dubai

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Originally posted by lulu lulu wrote:

Originally posted by Secretariat Secretariat wrote:

Darley Victoria??

That would be an odd place for Coolmore to stand him LOL

It would be if Coolmore owned him,
Apologies Secretariat.I stand corrected. It would appear as if Coolmore IS where he will stand.Got my sheiks crossed... Now we know without question that he WILL be overpriced.

I got my Sheiks crossed , too.   Confused So bloody many of them !  Embarrassed And how many are Mohammed ????
And what price this stallion Cry
animals before people.
Speediskey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speediskey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 11:32pm
44k is my guess.
Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Glencoe Glencoe wrote:

Ash that is a pretty poor usage of the word hate.   Analyse this horse's racetrack performance.

All I believe is that he will be overpriced and that other stallions will be better investments.

Glencoe- rating him on par with Von Costa, calling him a cream puff and suggesting he is only worth a 10k stud fee? Maybe hate isn't strong enough?
Secretariat View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secretariat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 7:54am
Here is a prediction

He will be the most popular 1st season sire at stud and will be booked out within weeks of being announced.

Unlike Vancouver he is 2yo performed and a cracking type.

People now appreciate how good Street Cry was and unlike Street Sense this bigger ran here.

Regardless of the fact his alumni turned out to be weak it won't change the fact every good breeder will use him, mares in foal to him will sell like hot cakes and when his first weanlings and yearlings are presented they will be the talk of the town and will set the sale yards alight.

Watch it happen.
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 8:16am
Vancouver isn't 2yo performed? Shocked
Secretariat View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Secretariat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 11:17pm
Ummm was actually relating to the difference in type.

He is a much better looker
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 12:33am
Ah my bad.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 8:49pm
When P.O.D. won the B.D. both the 2nd & 3rd p/getters were maidens..    Both have won their maidens in the country as spring 3yo's but no other successes.
When P.O.D. won the very much over-rated Sires in Syd. the 2nd placegetter was also a maiden. The Canonbury wnr Odyssey Moon was 3rd. and has not done much since.
It is often not what races a stallion prospect wins but the quality of the field they beat ( and of course plus physique and pedigree)
It is because of P.O.D's race performance that I equate his "real" service fee to Von Imposter de Zero.
Is that too analytical for some on this forum.
p;s; I would like to own him. People will rush in thru marketing hype.
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:09pm
Only if price is right. 1st season stallions do tend to bring those silly prices. Could be a punt😜
lulu View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 9:11pm
A reasonable review there Glencoe. I would have thought his value was more like 22k but these are funny times. I made the mistake of assuming he might stand at Darley and therefore Vic where he tasted his Gr1 success.
On hearing that it will be Coolmore I have no doubt that he will be overpriced, overhyped and oversold.

You're either Einstein or Frankenstein in this game.
Ash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2016 at 12:03pm

When P.O.D. won the B.D. both the 2nd & 3rd p/getters were maidens..    Both have won their maidens in the country as spring 3yo's but no other successes.
When P.O.D. won the very much over-rated Sires in Syd. the 2nd placegetter was also a maiden. The Canonbury wnr Odyssey Moon was 3rd. and has not done much since.
It is often not what races a stallion prospect wins but the quality of the field they beat ( and of course plus physique and pedigree)
It is because of P.O.D's race performance that I equate his "real" service fee to Von Imposter de Zero.

Not too analytical just a little selective. You failed to mention the beaten brigade in the Sires also included a Golden Slipper runner up, the Champagne Stakes winner and a Caulfield Guineas place getter.
lope View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2016 at 12:02am

What he beat is irrelevant. He on his races easily. His pedigree tells me he is really a miler/middle distance performer. To do what he did as a 2yo demonstrates class, pure class. At $25k-30k or thereabouts he will be fair value. Far better than Foxwedge at $33k first season.
adolphus twirk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2016 at 10:33am
Sheikh Yerbootie
Sheikh Yertailfeather
Sheikh Itupbaby (twist and shout)
Sheikh Inallover
Sheikh Beforeopening
Sheikh Rattleandroll
In England the race book cites the name as Mr. Al Maktoum etc etc.
In Australia we suck up to the elitist title they give themselves simply because they control the oil, the army and the government in anything but a democracy. It's all bullgelati.

StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 12:56pm
Well he certainly seems to have gotten off to a strong start - I was guessing that this boy may throw more a three year old type with the Street Cry influence, but so far he's had the five runners for one stakes winner and another two stakes placegetters pre-Christmas... not working with the number some of the other stallions had either.

Keen to watch how they go over the next year or two - and happy to have a mare test positive to him currently (hopefully it sticks!).
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:22pm
Interesting stuff SS.

We have a small share in a Pride of Dubai filly which won a jump out a while back, was tossed out, and is now just back in the stables. Plenty of speed, great girth, and let's hope she goes half as well as the sire's runners already have this season.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2019 at 2:55pm
Best of luck with her Second Chance... if he keeps this up he could be something special!
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 2:30am
Pride Of Dubai just sired a Group 3 winner in England.

Star Of Emaraaty (2f Pride Of Dubai x La Grande Elisa, by Ad Valorem) won the Gp3 Sweet Solera Stakes over 7 furlongs at Newmarket. She started at a big price but swamped her opposition in the run to the line.

Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:44pm
3,500 Euros as a yearling I believe
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

Star Of Emaraaty (2f Pride Of Dubai x La Grande Elisa, by Ad Valorem) won the Gp3 Sweet Solera Stakes over 7 furlongs at Newmarket. She started at a big price but swamped her opposition in the run to the line.

53 Broodmares by Ad Valorem in Australia.

And about 100 by Stravinsky.

STAR OF EMARAATY (IRE)Chestnut filly 2018 
Pride of Dubai
Bay 2012
Street Cry
Bay or brown 1998
Machiavellian
Bay or brown 1987
Mr Prospector
Bay 1970
Raise a Native
Gold Digger
8-f
13-c
Coup de Folie
Bay 1982
Halo
Raise the Standard
2-d
2-d
Helen Street
Bay 1982
Troy
Bay 1976
Petingo
La Milo
22>
1-b
Waterway
Chestnut 1976
Riverman
Boulevard
10-a
1-l
Al Anood
Bay 2003
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Eljazzi
Bay 1981
Artaius
Bay 1974
Round Table
Stylish Pattern
2-f
14-c
Border Bounty
Bay 1965
Bounteous
B Flat
14-f
7-a
La Grande Elisa
Bay 2008
Ad Valorem
Bay 2002
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Pas de Nom
Bay or brown 1968
Admiral's Voyage
Petitioner
4-n
7-a
Classy Women
Bay 1988
Relaunch
Grey 1976
In Reality
Foggy Note
21-a
3-o
Aironlass
Bay 1979
Proud Clarion
Classic Perfection
1-t
5-f
Looking Back
Bay 2001
Stravinsky
Bay 1996
Nureyev
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Special
2-d
5-h
Fire the Groom
Bay or brown 1987
Blushing Groom
Prospector's Fire
22-d
3-d
Mustique Dream
Bay 1995
Don't Forget Me
Bay 1984
Ahonoora
African Doll
1-m
1-k
Jamaican Punch
Bay 1988
Shareef Dancer
House Tie
4-r
10-c
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer5m x 4m,5m Danzig4m x 3m
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 12:21am
Picked a Pride of Dubai filly lot 490 at the classic Melbourne sale,
gee it's a good type , @ 20K it's a steal imo.
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2020 at 8:43pm
you have all seen the 1st warning shot, i declared this bloke as a certainty to be very successful when his 1st crop were weaners loved em love his pedigree and love what he does to the pedigrees of his mates, chose wisely, skies the limit,,,,ala bella nipotina and his grp 3 in england history in the making in my opinion lol

change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 2:59am
Flying Visit (2c Pride Of Dubai x Fionnuar, by Teofilo) has won the Gp3 Eyrefield Stakes at Leopardstown. His 3rd dam is Six Crowns (dam of Chief's Crown) & his 4th dam is the champion filly Chris Evert.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Grey Affair Grey Affair wrote:

53 Broodmares by Ad Valorem in Australia.

Shame A V is retired.  He seems to feature every so often in a good horse. 
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:22pm

Weekend European Stakes Double for Pride of Dubai

Tara Madgwick - Sunday October 25

Pride of Dubai is the reigning Champion Australian First Crop Sire and the dual Group I winning son of Street Cry is also making his presence felt in the Northern Hemisphere where he has sired more stakes-winners than any other first season sire this year in Europe.

Pride of Dubai added a new stakes-winner to his tally on Saturday when Flying Visit won the Group III Eyrefield Stakes (9f) at Leopardstown and then on Sunday his undefeated filly Telepatic Glances won the Group II Premio Dormello (1m) at San Siro in Italy.

The Endo Botti trained Telepatic Glances made it three wins in as many starts when bolting clear to win by two and three-quarter lengths.

Purchased for 16,00 euros from the Goffs Sportsman Yearling Sale , Telepatic Glances is a half-sister to stakes-placed Glimmies and is from winning Hurrican Run mare Caveran, who comes from the family of Group I winners Earthlight, Mandaean and Wavering.

Pride of Dubai has some impressive stats from his first European crop posting 11 winners from 33 starters and five of those winners are stakes-winners, three of them successful in Group races – Telepatic Glances, Flying Visit, Star of Emaraaty, Fancy Man and Zaffy’s Pride.

The sire of seven stakes-winners worldwide – four of them Group winners - Pride of Dubai is powering ahead this season in Australia, leading the second crop sires list by winners (13) and stands at Coolmore this spring at a fee of $38,500.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 6:30pm
Have a share in a 3yo Pride of Dubai filly who's half-sister is a dual stakes-winner in 2020.

Ours has shown absolutely nothing thus far in two starts.  Swings and roundabouts.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 9:39pm
He does seem to be having a good time overseas.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:43pm
We bought our POD filly last year.  On type but mainly due to stamina depth in pedigree...Red Cadeaux, Big Orange etc. Trained out of the UK & my debut this year.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:45pm
Best of luck with him.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2020 at 7:50pm
and for yours as well.  Hopefully it switches on.
Tesio View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tesio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:21am
Pride of Dubai sales were poor at Melbourne sale, anyone have reasons why?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>