Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

WEATHER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:08pm
poor old Blackheath always cop it LOL  did you see the rest of the Mts !  Ice and snow in mid Oct FF$ 
and what about the floods at the western sydney train station ?  wow ,,water between the platforms, up to the platforms !
animals before people.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 6:09pm
PS.  Great pics you posted Fiddler !Thumbs Up
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:37pm
 one of them shows the lightning strike which hit Sydney Tower...

in good old steak and kidney-town...LOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:44pm
Wonderful State NSW.    Has all the wonders of the world .
Lost one when I left but never to be equalled is Gorgeous Sydney.
The Blue Mountains and of course the Opera House that everyone said was a waste of money.
The Coast from Sydney down to Sutherland is a world of it's own. Terrific climate.
They hide Jujuno when the area is on show but with it's climate and aforementioned natural beauty . SYDNEY, Worlds No 1 City.
Tuft_it_Tees View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuft_it_Tees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 8:47pm
And it has Bob Carr too, doesn't it ? Sick
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2014 at 9:49pm
the best thing to come out of sydney is the road to the hunter valley.
animals before people.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:44pm
some crazy ass winds kicking off in Sydney right now...
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 3:07pm
hot as hell here .  34 earlier again today but now its building up for a BIG something !Cry
i hate storms.  it cant be close yet because the cat hasnt gone under the bed .
animals before people.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 3:50pm
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-27/bureau-warns-of-damaging-winds-in-nsw-and-act/5844566

Damaging winds likely in NSW, ACT, BoM says; trees falling in Blue Mountains

Updated 34 minutes ago

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 9:37pm
did a bit of a job in parts of sydney .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:48am
OMG its so hot here again today . and dry .  everywhere is fast turning brown.
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 10:59am
Lol our revised top (Vic) is 13C, presently 8.3 with the feels like at 3.8C  Shocked. Looks like JBEs' "near Arctic" conditions have eventuated Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 11:36am
33 here in Sydney, sweatin...yuk
Panspermia.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 2:03pm
Can't remember such extreme heat in Sydney in October-Novemeber like this year, it's just full on middle of summer temps, no gradual warming or polite spring weather, just BANG...cop that 40 degrees up ya..!
Panspermia.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2014 at 4:44pm
 was 37 degrees outside, 30 degrees inside...

spent the whole day keeping our two cats from expiring...poor buggers in fur coats...

just had a twenty minute cyclone and now it's humid... still 28 degrees inside...

better than freezing cold...
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 8:09am

Teenager killed by lightning in Sydney

Sunday 2 Nov 2014 9:05 a.m.

A 15-year-old reportedly died after being struck by lightning on a beach north of Sydney yesterday.

The boy was surfing at One Mile Beach in Port Stephens when an electrical storm blew over, reports Fairfax Media.

Acting Inspector Geoff Bos told the media outlet CPR was performed on the boy before paramedics arrived at the scene, followed by a rescue helicopter.

It is believed paramedics continued CPR for another hour but the boy could not be revived.

Fairfax says the teenager was from the Beresfield/Thornton area and was staying in a caravan park with friends.

Read more: http://www.3news.co.nz/world/teenager-killed-by-lightning-in-sydney-2014110209#ixzz3HqyQXnIw

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 10:58am
yesterday afternoon we had almost gale force hot winds, and a big storm went over Newie.  if you were watching the races you would have seen it . the storm was south of us, but later, about 6pm, we got a bit of rain and after that it cooled down a bit.  already one house lost to fire, believed deliberately lit, in the Blue Mountains.
this is going to be one hell of a summer.

animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 7:28pm
 I've been affected by lightning strikes twice...once whilst sewing on an old industrial machine...the strike went through the ground and up the machine...gave me a good jolt...

a few years later, my nephew and I were playing chess at Bronte Beach kiosk, where we were waiting out a storm before closing...(we ran the kiosk for three Summers)...we were leaning on a metal grill when the lightning struck nearby...I only suffered a tingle but my nephew received burns to his back...

have been caught out on the golf course many times...put the clubs under the tallest tree and huddled under the smallest...

Shocked
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Can't remember such extreme heat in Sydney in October-Novemeber like this year, it's just full on middle of summer temps, no gradual warming or polite spring weather, just BANG...cop that 40 degrees up ya..!

Anyone asked Hatch or Holly the possible reasons for such extreme heat?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 7:53pm
Fires in parts of the country & snow in Tassie. Makes you realise what a vast country this is.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 8:45pm
there is a fire at Carabolla in the hills above Gresford in the Hunter, and another big fire at Kurri , this afternoon.
yet here where i am its cool enough to want a light sweater outside tonight.
the conspiracy theorists must have a reason for this ?
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2014 at 8:46pm
Was a feels like of 2.8C at 7.30 last night here Unhappy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 3:53pm
huge storms around here at the moment.  really heavy rain and some small hail.
animals before people.
Munga Rangi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munga Rangi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 4:14pm
 Massive storm in the Hawkesbury Nepean area at present. Everything went so dark, like night. Massive rain and lightning,  various size hail and wind, all in cycles for the last hour. There is a lot of flash flooding and the roads are very dangerous as visibility is extremely poor.
Caveat emptor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2014 at 7:23pm
rain set in here after the storms.  steady soaking rain, and cool as.  going to be a good sleeping night .
animals before people.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2014 at 7:28pm
Excellent electrical storm here on the Northern Rivers Heavy rain has just passed over leaving thunder and drizzle. I think we missed the worst of it in Brunswick Heads The radar looked liked it was pretty severe further north and over the Queensland border.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 8:04am
brace yourselves fellow New South Welshians...4 day heatwave coming again, temps up over the 40's in some areas including the city on a couple of days...
Panspermia.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 8:55am
Keep Cool
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:33pm
 all organised...have the freezer filled with tubs of ice-cream...my essential...and frosty fruits...

tins of salmon on special this week...stocked up...love salmon salads...

might duck out early for some sushi but we usually stay in if it hits 35+...need to keep the cats cool...

my best trick on hot days is to take the hot water bottles I use for my back in Winter, fill them with ice water and pop one under my knees, the other behind my neck...(then relax and play computer or PS2 games...)...I hate fans blowing on me...and we don't have air-con...keep doors and windows open until the wind blows hot...

I actually like hot days...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2014 at 10:39pm
wet baseball caps, put them in the freezer, get them out and wear them when they are hard n frozen...a lot of heat leaves through your head and cold baseball hat keeps you cooler than you can imagine..
Panspermia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>