Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2024

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:07am
I agree Voyager Thumbs Up

However, on this occasion I'm prepared to let it go through to the keeper Cool

Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:08am
How good were those Panthers last night !

In the fair dinkum department the Chooks did not deserve to get as close as they did

Hope PT doesn't read that 

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:10am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Did they score a point last night? How long since that happened?
Or this one LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:33am
 I was busy watching Collingwood win. Was it that blatant, the interference? 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 6:37am
 I did flip channels at quarter and half-time...and all I could see was Penrith monstering the Chooks. It looked very one-sided, with Teddy even ducking for cover.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:08am
 I just saw the no-try replay. Edwards didn't seem as though he even noticed the player supposedly in his way. Something of a joke, disallowing the try for that.  

But, then, Rugby League, itself, is becoming a predictable joke.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:11am
When did decoy plays start being used? I can't remember players running through the defensive line without the ball back in the day.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:34am
Probably when they changed from unlimited tackles and it became more important to make some progress on each tackle.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 7:39am
If Maguire doesn't have Edwards as his fullback I will become a Queenslander.Evil Smile

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 1:29pm
 He is easily the most creative fullback. Teddy is a workhorse, but what Edwards does is breathtaking. 

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:03pm
I've tipped the Dogs to beat the hapless bunnies , down on confidence so I'll wait till they show some " grunt " , Latrells a marked man and he knows that , it's his job to let them know who's boss , I've tipped the Broncos tonight although not confident about either game both could go the other way , tipped the Panthers last night , great result and game ,Edwards brilliant , tipped the knights to win by2 last week so I'm on a roll. Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 2:57pm
 Hmmm. Goodnight Fox, courtesy of your best friend...

Ermm
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:02pm
Direct blow to the head, play on…..

In rugby that’s pretty much automatic send off
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:31pm
 Andrew Johns is an idiot. 

Saying Cam Murray contributed to being pole-driven by jumping into the tackle. 

Errr..no. He had both feet on the ground when he was lifted. 

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 3:47pm
Well he is a drop kick.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 4:21pm
If I were a betting man I take the 13 start and collect Wink but a friendly comp it's all fun , win or lose . Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 6:25am
"Of the last 76 times that Penrith have gone into the break in front, they have won on 75 occasions."Shocked

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/penrith-are-marching-to-a-fourth-straight-title-is-their-dominance-killing-the-nrl-20240329-p5fg4i.html

That's an incredible stat, if it's true.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 6:59am
Agree Tlaz

I would have thought all 76 occasions would be closer to the mark LOL 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 7:05am
That first penalty early in the game against the Dogs was massive. On the attack looking very dangerous - & then Souths on attack 10 m out & score. 

I didn't see enough in that game to suggest Souths will trouble the top teams. A team like the Panthers will suffocate the Bunnies - & then the poor discipline will do the rest.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 10:46am
No hope Souths imo , not even in the same completion , dogs unlucky not to win last night , watching last night's game Broncos v Cowboys , the best first half of football I've ever witnessed Star it was magical ball handling in the pouring rain , the speed of the Broncos will get them into the GF ( barring injuries ) gee their a fit looking squad , Panthers the only team that will give them a headache imo , Ezra Man Star the halfback Star fullback looks promising too , overall freakish , fit and well oiled squad . 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 11:06am
Bit o fun , Manly to beat dragons , Titans to do a number on Dolphins . Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

No hope Souths imo , not even in the same completion , dogs unlucky not to win last night , watching last night's game Broncos v Cowboys , the best first half of football I've ever witnessed Star it was magical ball handling in the pouring rain , the speed of the Broncos will get them into the GF ( barring injuries ) gee their a fit looking squad , Panthers the only team that will give them a headache imo , Ezra Man Star the halfback Star fullback looks promising too , overall freakish , fit and well oiled squad . 

Unbelievably good football and handling. A pleasure to watch. 

Thumbs Up
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 1:15pm
Nice to have you in agreance for a change . Smile👍
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 5:04pm
Ok the missed field goal was from a long way out, however in truth Gutherson's effort was ever more likely to threaten the line judge than the uprights.  Dead

Western Sydney derby 17-16.

Clint Gutherson had a shot at penalty goal after the full-time siren that would have given his team the win, but the Parramatta captain shanked the kick from the 40-metre line. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 6:55pm

Nice to have you in agreance for a change . Smile👍

I speak the truth, regardless of my team affiliation. Thumbs Up
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 7:19pm
Gutsy win by the Tigers on the back of some solid first half defence but Parramatta should have had that game in the bag at half time, they definitely missed Mitch Moses, to a point that they may even start fluttering their eyes at Brendan Wakeham this week.
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 6:23pm
That game Afros, was a excellent sign of why young creative playmakers are usually brought in through easily assisted positions.

I will give you an example.

Back when Fittler started his career he was the better five eight option than Steve Carter. However Carter was a tough defender as well as a good organiser (Brandy Alexander was also a good organiser but he was the more attacking half in the combo). So Ron Wiley brought Fittler in through the centers.

The next season when Gus Gould came in, he moved Carter to the utility spot off the bench, he moved Fittler into the five eight spot. It was the same with Laurie Daley in Canberra where Furner and Bennett brought him in as a center and then when Chris O'Sullivan retired he moved into the five eight spot.

The young kid Blaze, had a good game on debut and so the coach was swayed to put him into a tough position on the field as the opposition can direct their attack at him, which then usually nullifies the new players attacking potential, which is what happened yesterday as the team basically moved to Brown for the attacking efforts and this allowed the Tigers defence to concentrate the majority of their defence on him and his support players.

He might be a future rep player Blaze, but bring him along slowly to get used to the rough and tumble of NRL defence. 

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 7:30pm
If I were the Eels, I would be looking for an experienced half in one of the state leagues as a place holder until Moses returns, take Kyle Laybutt as an example, PNG Kumuls captain, has a solid kicking game and defence, played the All Stars game this year as well for the Aboriginal side, he could come in and hold the fort for the Eels until Moses returns instead of having an inexperienced halves combination of a new kid and a kid not used to being the leading hand.  Ryley Jacks is another guy currently playing Q-Cup with NRL experience, Brendon Wakeham is another playing NSW Cup.  None are currently on top 30 deals as far as I am aware.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 7:55pm

Well it wasn't an apparition LOL , they've resumed where they left of from last week , but it's an 80 minute game so let's hope the 2nd half is as good as the first .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2024 at 7:58pm
Oh , not good , looks like they've lost their rudder Ouch Reynolds looks sus .Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>