Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 98>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NRL 2023
    Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:13am
Just making sure that either PT or JJ can get an early start after next week-end.

Even Bob could find the need to have an earlier than expected visit

I've always been told I am a considerate person  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:25am
It's all about Canterbury. 
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:34am
Not quite. Parramatta are showing the benefit of the 2 one point defeats in the Finals series last year. 

All's looking good for the 2024 Season
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 10:44am
Go Bears!
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:12pm
Mr V'Landy's still in the process of organising the NRL Pride Round as he promised last year

Just around the corner apparently

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 12:13pm
Anyone happen to speak Russian ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 1:43pm
Lunchtime and this thread is still here.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 1:51pm
 surprising, isn't it...

LOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 1:53pm
 my KFC chicken tender burger is just arriving. Will get back to see Tutu's next interesting idea, after consuming it.

Beer
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 2:47pm
Storm will lose the Bromwich brothers, both coming to the end of their careers, Kaufusi and Brandon Smith next year, but get back Welch and Papenhuyzen  and gain a few other players from other clubs. Storm will be there in 2023, like every other year.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 3:07pm
Roosters have relieved you of Brandon Smith but lost Sam Verills to the Titans. I think the Titans get the best of the deal.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 11:35am
Broncos took settling the 8 out of Canberra's hands by meekly capitulating to the Dragons last night.

Sad end to a very good year for them.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 12:24pm
Dolphins to go winless with average losing margin of 20+. Bennett gets booted.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 12:57pm
 not if he keeps poaching all the Souths players he intends.

Wants Walker... 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 1:01pm
Tlaz, I think you're a bit over-confident in the Tigers with that prediction
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 1:24pm
Dolphins are Tigers best chance of avoiding the wooden spoon. They welcome the newcomers.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 3:19pm
The big question in 2023 will be can the Panthers make it 3 in a row?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 3:28pm
They haven't made it 2 in a row yet.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 8:02pm
  Big smile
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 8:18pm
Are you in here to greet PT JJ ?

Your a very hard lady LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2022 at 8:43pm
HugBroken HeartHandshakeThumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 11:43am
As Phil Rothfield wrote in an opinion piece in this morning's press " Melbourne's early exit from the finals is bad news for the Redcliffe Dolphins. For the first time since 2002, Craig Bellamy's team lost their last 3 games of the season. It has shown up their old forward pack - the likes of Jesse Bromwich, 33, his brother Kenny, 30 and Felise Kaufusu, 30-all of whom are heading to the NRL's 17th team. They are all good , strong and solid players, but no longer have the impact  they once had." 

That is a polite way to say they are just about over the hill.

As I have previously posted their collective loss to Melbourne , together with Brandon Smith, will be covered by the return of Welch, Papenhuyzen, Remis Smith and Jennings. Once Bellamy finds a couple of forwards from Storm's feeder clubs, to partner the incoming Sims there is little doubt Storm will be a premiership contender in 2023. 

BTW how many other clubs will retain their 2022 rosters ?  NRL players seem to change clubs more often than two year olds need a nappy change.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 11:48am
A new club cant just produce a state level team first up. Have to start somewhere and those experienced blokes will attract young fellas who want to learn from them and ultimately replace them.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

As Phil Rothfield wrote in an opinion piece in this morning's press " Melbourne's early exit from the finals is bad news for the Redcliffe Dolphins. For the first time since 2002, Craig Bellamy's team lost their last 3 games of the season. It has shown up their old forward pack - the likes of Jesse Bromwich, 33, his brother Kenny, 30 and Felise Kaufusu, 30-all of whom are heading to the NRL's 17th team. They are all good , strong and solid players, but no longer have the impact  they once had." 

As I have previously posted their collective loss to Melbourne , together with Brandon Smith, will be covered by the return of Welch, Papenhuyzen, Remis Smith and Jennings. Once Bellamy finds a couple of forwards from Storm's feeder clubs, to partner the incoming Sims there is little doubt Storm will be a premiership contender in 2023. 

BTW how many other clubs will retain their 2022 rosters ?  NRL players seem to change clubs more often than two year olds need a nappy change.
The Panthers just move them on when their price goes up. At least another 50 waiting in the wings.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 12:21pm

a very strange statement. Connect the dots for me... Bennett won't have that aged a squad, will he?  

I think Souths are only losing Paulo to Easts and Nicholls to Bennet's mob. We have re-signed most players. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

a very strange statement. Connect the dots for me... Bennett won't have that aged a squad, will he?  

I think Souths are only losing Paulo to Easts and Nicholls to Bennet's mob. We have re-signed most players. 

Yes, that trio are heading to the Dolphins next year.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 12:44pm
 sorry...I missed your line about them going to the 17th team.

Yes...he''s getting oldies...but knowing Bennett, he'll get something out of them.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 12:59pm
If you buy a dried up lemon at the supermarket, it difficult to get much juice out of it.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 1:39pm
 on the contrary. You microwave it for fifteen seconds and it's juicy again. 

These oldies will love playing in the warmth of Qld. Just like a microwaved lemon. 

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 4:17pm
LOLClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 98>