Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 60>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2022 at 2:43pm
 Souths can't win. We needed a certain half-back to still be organising. And out five-eighth is too busy throwing tantrums. He has anger issues. 

And we still need a fullback....Evil Smile
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 1:04am
The young Titans player Aaron Booth has suffered more damage walking from the field after a leg injury.

ARE YOU F%#KING KIDDING ME?

I thought every ground needed as its basic equipment, a medical vehicle to remove players from the field with a major injury. 

Isn't AAMI Stadium equipped with such a vehicle? And if it isn't then why do players play there? And if this is the case why do clubs allow their players/employees be put into a dangerous and unsafe workplace, by not having adequate medical response vehicles and personnel at the ground?

I thought player safety and health was the highest priority for the NRL.

One of the criteria for NRL matches being allowed to be played should include adequate medical equipment, and if your ground does not have that then you should not be allowed to play there. Sorry for all the Leichardt fans where you have no room for a medical vehicle but is this 2022 or 1982?

And just finally on the rant. I thought when a player had lower leg injury it was always the standard procedure to lift the player by the thigh with one hand and interlock your free arm with the other carrier around the players back to lift the leg off the ground and not have the player put pressure on the lower part of the leg.

I guess my medical experience is just 40 years out of date Wacko
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:27am
"And we still need a fullback....Evil Smile"

So do Manly. The bloke they had last night was hopeless.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:09am
Manly minds are on Mad Monday.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 8:30pm
Better than Tugging Thursday, or Swinging Saturday PT, as seven players would be missing from at least one of those days Wink 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:52pm
 So...I was busy house-hunting with my daughter, today, thinking Souths were playing tonight. Came home to the result. About time they turned on the gas.

PS. The fullback apparently played well. When did we acquire him?

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 9:57pm
 you reckon V'Landy might have sent film of that small stand collapse at Leichardt, to Perrottet?

Despite the media reporting it was a 'grandstand', it was actually just a small end stand.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 10:56pm
Suspect the NRL is a pathway to fame for many weak gutted dog kids. 
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2022 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

you reckon V'Landys might have sent film of that small stand collapse at Leichardt, to Perrottet?

Despite the media reporting it was a 'grandstand', it was actually just a small end stand.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:33am
Maybe more of the clubs could take the bull by the horns as Cronulla and Redcliffe have done already and invest in their own stadium?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 9:16am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Better than Tugging Thursday, or Swinging Saturday PT, as seven players would be missing from at least one of those days Wink 

They will be ok with the exotic stuff as long as they are consulted Voyager,Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 9:32am
Ricky needs to hang up his coaching cap. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 1:45pm
 the incident was unsavoury, but Ricky obviously should have let the judiciary deal with it.

He's a failed coach, now making excuses.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 1:50pm
Apparently the NRL knows what happened 12 years ago. Will be interesting to see what they do ?

What can you do as an 11 year old and not expect fame and fortune in the NRL as an adult ?

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

The Shire is everything that is bad about Australia. 

Big smile ..???????
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 4:28pm
It's not hard for me to imagine Stuart getting into a fight with another parent at a schoolboys game.Angry

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

The Shire is everything that is bad about Australia. 

Big smile ..???????

as is the insular peninsular...

Wink
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 7:17pm
Huge Raiders fan here, but have always said Ricky is the worst press conference coach I have seen in just about any sport!

Always blaming the refs or the linesman, or the weather, or the balls, or the ground announcer, or the bus driver or the food or the dog sitting on the hill, rather than his own players who give away penalties, drop balls, pass forward from dummy half and even some  who seem to not know what to do with the ball when they get it. Obviously nothing to do with the drills they conduct for six hours a day during the week Wacko 

His coaching is average at best, he can not attract good players from other clubs, his ability to divert blame for a poor performance by his players is extremely detrimental to those players improving their effort and that is why no player in that team except for Tapine, has improved as a player.

Unfortunately he and the club CEO are best friends so do not expect Stuart to be moved on any year soon.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 8:29pm
I wonder what terrible thing 12 year Jaeman did to his team mate?LOL

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:16pm
 intriguing, isn't it...

Question
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 9:29am
Some stuff that may or may not be related.

Incident in junior league match 10 years ago that left Stuart's son in tears. Fathers engaged and had to be separated.

2012(same year?) media did a story on Stuart's then 16yo daughter who is autistic and has never spoken, relating a story where his daughter emptied a milkshake over her father's head because he told her they had to leave the shop(McDonalds).
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 1:08pm
 I sometimes feel like emptying a milkshake over Des Hasler's head...

Embarrassed
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:26am
I see the NRL have acknowledged that the Tigers should have won the game in Townsville but then did the old go away nothing to see here routine.

As a Tigers fan, getting the 2 points would only matter to me if it is the difference between getting the spoon or not, however as Sunday's effort showed, the players don't seem overly worried about that problem regardless.

I hope that a big game, a prelim final or even a grand final, is decided by a howler like this so that it will lead to improving the system instead of blatant lies saying works.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
It seems like these kind of mistakes happen over and over again. Which is mind-boggling really. You have someone sitting in a room watching the game and with the luxury of all sorts of replays. There really shouldn’t be any errors made ever. 
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:39am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Some stuff that may or may not be related.

Incident in junior league match 10 years ago that left Stuart's son in tears. Fathers engaged and had to be separated.

2012(same year?) media did a story on Stuart's then 16yo daughter who is autistic and has never spoken, relating a story where his daughter emptied a milkshake over her father's head because he told her they had to leave the shop(McDonalds).

Does anyone have any specifics of the junior league incident? All I can find is basically what you said. Seems no further details. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 7:54pm
 I think Stuart got off lightly. Complete expulsion would have been my idea of a suitable punishment.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 1:52pm
WOT?? Chooks $1.65 against Cows. Shocked
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 2:25pm
 I think the chooks will win.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 2:29pm
 I had a nice Sunday roast at the Chooks' leagues club...on Sunday. lol.

The food is good there. We go fairly regularly. While I'm eating, I consider that I'm probably keeping Viktor and Joey on the books. Or possibly financing the next steal from Souths. 

Evil Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 2:41pm
I used to go there regularly to eat 45 years ago. Was good then too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 60>