Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 8:25pm
 Didn't take long for the first rubbish decision from the bunker.

No-one prevented Turbo from tackling To'o...

Here we go again.

Thumbs Down

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 9:13pm
Penrith dominated the first half but after Manly scored a converted try seconds before the break, they only lead by 12 - 6. A couple of controversial disallowed tries haven't helped them.

l
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2022 at 9:29pm
 Manly are a one-trick pony. Take Turbo out and there is nothing.

Before starting a new thread, please check for an existing one. Moving a couple of posts is no hassle but a page worth is.

Edited by Gay3 - 10 Mar 2022 at 9:36pm
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 9:48pm
Beaten by the Donkeys JJ, worth a face palm.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 10:25pm
Entertaining for a first of the season TV show ...   Penrith destroyed Manly and Good to see the Bronco's get a win.
Certainly a Game of Endurance now days .   I feel for them at times when you see them running on empty.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2022 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Beaten by the Donkeys JJ, worth a face palm.

Souths v Brissie with Ashley Kline as referee is always controversial (though he refereed fairly).

We only had one attacking weapon...Damian Cook and his darting runs...after Walker was injured. 

Jaxson Paulo is not a kicker's bootlace. Going into any match without a recognised kicker is a huge blunder. But I have no problems with his general play, except he's more value on the wing. Milne and The Sauce are pedestrian and need to go.

When Fattrell comes back, next week, he should slot into the centres. Alex Johnson played well at fullback and should stay there. His positional play is better than Mitchell's and we need a solid centre to partner Graham...which is where Mitchell has always been more effective.

The forwards frustrate me. They waste tackles, give away penalties and never make line breaks...bar Cookie. At least they tackle, though. 

We have three hard matches coming up. If we can't beat Brissie (who showed a lot of ticker), then we certainly won't beat Melbourne, The Chooks and Penrith.

Could very easily be 0-4 after four rounds.

As for no Adam Reynolds ...as Fatty Vautin described it..."It's not so much Brisbane are without Reynolds, but Souths don't have him either." 

They will live to regret that decision. We have no rudder to steer the ship.

Cry

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 2:54am
Wooden Spooners this year.. Back where they belong.

Maybe that Movie Man might buy them another win some day.

Unless they recruit Old JJ to coach ,   She did teach Gai how to train horses after all.           Yr a star Mumma bare.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:13am
Few early comments after watching the first 3 games of the season. Forensically analysed

* Panthers came out all guns blazing - even with the best player in the comp sitting on the sidelines. How stupid are the the bookies - Manly favourites against the reigning premiers playing at home. They should give me a job

* Turbo seemed to have misplaced one of his superchargers during the off-season. Early days for him & the team - will be very competitive 

* Souths looking ordinary - even with the human headline not playing. Will finish more towards the bottom of the table than the top I'm thinking. Bronco's showing enough to suggest a good year with Reynolds in the wings.

* Canberra can thank Jesse Ramien for their 2 points. Absolute bone head giving up that penalty with a few minutes to play. Sent to reserves i hope. Cronulla will become a finals contender - Canberra not so. Couple of Raiders big boofy forwards need moving on.

* Ricky Stuart continues to be the coach most people dislike. (as her should be - sook)

Refer ALP Election Promises
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:17am
Has Izzie signed with anyone yet?  Tongue
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:18am
And I am not expecting too much early comment from Eels & Tigers supporters. They are in their hope, pray , wait & see mode. If they get a few early results they will soon make up for it. Funny like that - almost part of their DNA
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:22am
Actually the team with the most pressure on them is the Rorters. EVERYONE saying how well they played last year with 188 of their roster on the sidelines. Talks cheap !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:28am
Just a question - are they playing AFL this season ? Heard a rumour they are combining the mens & womens comp. Not sure how true it was !
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:30am
You know what frustrates me? Bear in mind that I've played about 100 minutes of rugby league/union in total. Players not positioning themselves so the bloke who makes a break can throw them a legal pass. How hard can that be?Confused So this is mainly backs I'm talking about.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 9:43am
Fair observation Tlazz. If you possess dazzling speed (like I did) you can easily get ahead of yourself - & get a bit keen in the run. Running next to some of the players i used to feel i was running on the spot. Blinkers may be worth a try for those impacted. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 10:08am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Few early comments after watching the first 3 games of the season. Forensically analysed

* Panthers came out all guns blazing - even with the best player in the comp sitting on the sidelines. How stupid are the the bookies - Manly favourites against the reigning premiers playing at home. They should give me a job

* Turbo seemed to have misplaced one of his superchargers during the off-season. Early days for him & the team - will be very competitive 

* Souths looking ordinary - even with the human headline not playing. Will finish more towards the bottom of the table than the top I'm thinking. Bronco's showing enough to suggest a good year with Reynolds in the wings.

* Canberra can thank Jesse Ramien for their 2 points. Absolute bone head giving up that penalty with a few minutes to play. Sent to reserves i hope. Cronulla will become a finals contender - Canberra not so. Couple of Raiders big boofy forwards need moving on.

* Ricky Stuart continues to be the coach most people dislike. (as her should be - sook)

good assessment.  I think Souths will struggle without Reynolds and Bennett, especially if they continue to play the same pattern as last night. Everyone is onto the left hand attack on the fourth (after three wasted tackles barging up the middle)...hence the intercept. Our two wingers are always AWOL, which puts pressure on the centres to cover. We need speed, not bulk. T Burgess is non-effective. Should retire. (I reckon I could solve a few of the potential problems...give me the coaching job). 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 10:09am
 Mind you...if Shrunk was still here, he'd have us as specials for the GF, the poor blind fool. 

I am a realist.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 10:29am
You have to move Mansour on. He was struggling with the Panthers a few years back. Doesn't the bloke know how to jump ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 11:25am
I will wait 6 or 8 weeks before declaring or writing anyone off.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 11:29am
Fair observation PT.

I would have said the same if the Panthers had a bad start LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 11:45am
Might declare one after the Chooks game today though.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 5:51pm
 I feel better about our loss, now. Newcastle taking care of Bondi Junction's best. 

We could beat the Chooks in two weeks and be 1-2 after three rounds. I'm not counting my chickens in regards to the Storm. We have a shocking record against them. 

thank you Knights...

Hug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 6:31pm
I will wait 6 or 8 weeks before declaring or writing anyone off.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 6:36pm
 Did Viktor decapitate anyone?

I saw some film of him being floored.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2022 at 7:00pm
 he decapitated himself...

poor Viktor...

Cry
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 7:39am
The injuries have started again. Victor will be out with concussion and our new hooker broke his thumb and our new, new hooker Brandon Smith broke his hand. Melbourne should release him now.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 10:23am
early season always takes a toll and going by my picks there can be upsets. 6 games and I have only one winnerOuch
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 2:01pm
Got a shock when I saw his name on the team sheet ( Smith ) your right PT , Storm should p1ss him off now , he's no good the way he is so let the Roosters pay his f...King wages . Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

early season always takes a toll and going by my picks there can be upsets. 6 games and I have only one winnerOuch
LOL , so far I've picked 2 Big smile , better luck today at the races marble. Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 2:37pm
A bit of karma for Melbourne eh carioca? Got Smith's suspension shortened to play on Saturday night and now they lose him for a month.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 2:47pm
Christian Welsh out for the season is a huge loss for Melbourne. Now looking at Tariq Sims to replace him. Might have to free up some salary cap dollars, although salary cap has never been an issue for them before.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>