Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

I have it on good authority. First part of the strategy will be a double play - sacrifice one of Penrith's boofy forwards for 10min(we have a squillion of them) & knock the heads off Reynolds & then Walker. Game over - see ya next year Clap

Canterbury did that with Burgess, in 2014...it didn't work. We won.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Looking at the draw, Melbourne only missed the second week and played last week.

Beat Lions first week, week off beat Beat Geelong, won yesterday.

Storm rested most of their team last round, beat Manly, week off, lost yesterday.

Souths rested the whole team last round. Beat Penrith, week off...won on Friday...

what's your next faulty theory?

Ermm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:53pm

The judiciary is looking after them, nothing to answer for last night.

the Cleary tackle barely deserved a penalty. They put him on his back. The only dicey part was placing the hand between the legs and lifting, which Cleary should know is a big no-no...

He was always going to get off.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 12:54pm
Keep Souths hands out of cabbage patches and they win next week .

That is what they mean when they say a week off helps ..
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:00pm

The Panthers strategy next week should be pretty straight forward. Straight up the middle - one out in the main - quick play the ball. End up cracking them like an egg I think. Then smother inside backs by moving up quickly out wide - give up a few penalties if need be. Turn it into a grind.
Bunnies have the smoothest backline in the game - by a long way. If the game is free flowing & becomes a scoreathon I think Bunnies win

I'm not being arrogant. If it comes down to a slog, I think we still can win...so long as they keep the foot on the pedal. Souths can tackle as well as any team. But they tend to lose interest, at times, especially if they get too far in front. 

But...we are a lot slicker by hand than Penrith, and if the game is allowed to flow...and there are no injuries or controversial moments...I think Souths backs will win it for us.

If we do lose...well, we gave our best. I'm certainly happy it won't be to the far more arrogant Storm.

Clap

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:01pm
Was anyone else surprised at how long it took them to bring Nicho on yesterday ?
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Looking at the draw, Melbourne only missed the second week and played last week.

Storm rested most of their team last round, beat Manly, week off, lost yesterday.

Souths rested the whole team last round. Beat Penrith, week off...won on Friday...

Ermm

Souths played a side who probably didn't deserve to be where they were and their season had ended. 

Melbourne met the equal best side in the comp Their lighter schedule didn't suit against a very tough side, imo.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:05pm
PT is that a backhanded way of saying you like the MIGHTY PANFAS next week ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:07pm
I think they have had a better prep for a tough grand final. but I will be watching my 8 Rooster grand finals of the 2000s box set next week. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:07pm

Ermm

Souths played a side who probably didn't deserve to be where they were and their season had ended. 

Melbourne met the equal best side in the comp Their lighter schedule didn't suit against a very tough side, imo.

what a load of cow dung...  People were spouting Manly as the winner of our game and a certain grand finalist.

You wouldn't give us any credit if we flogged you three times over...which I seem to remember, we have...

Angry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:09pm

PT is that a backhanded way of saying you like the MIGHTY PANFAS next week ?

NO. IT'S HIS WAY OF SAYING HE HATES SOUTHS SO MUCH, HE WON'T WATCH...BECAUSE HE MIGHT HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE WE PLAYED WELL.

If we lose, next week, guess who'll jump on and rubbish our performance...?

AngryDeadAngryDeadAngryDeadClap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:12pm
Roosters played their grand final against Manly and Manly played theirs against a decimated Roosters. Were never a top 4 side.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:13pm
I didn't rubbish Souffs getting bundled out at preliminary final stage the last 2 or 3 years did I?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:18pm
I have a good mate who is an Eels tragic. Absolutely filthy - saying they would have beaten the Storm by 2 points LOL
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:26pm

I didn't rubbish Souffs getting bundled out at preliminary final stage the last 2 or 3 years did I?

three years ago, I wouldn't have known. Straight after our loss, I was on a long flight to England for a very important anniversary. 

It wasn't until I was home for over a week that I thought to ask who won the grand final. I frankly didn't care, because more important issues were going on in my life.

You could have rubbished them, ad nauseum, and I wouldn't have known.

Probably did. Evil Smile

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 1:33pm
I was busy celebrating the first of back to back premierships in 2018, No negative feelings for anyone including Souths.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 2:04pm

Ermm

LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 2:55pm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:28pm
 I think you'll find that happened after he scored. He was in when placing the ball. He didn't let go the ball, after, and booted it. I've just watched it four times. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2021 at 3:34pm
I agree
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

For the zero people who are interested Im now sitting 2 clear at the top of my tipping comp. A highly unusual situation at this stage of the season. With 9 games left and the propensity for everyone in the comp to tip the betting favourite it’s looking good for a nice collect. Cool

Blame JJ for telling me she was interested but here’s another update:

Everyone tipped the favourites as expected and I remain 2 ahead after getting 3 from 4. Now only 5 games left in the season so looking good for the win. 

Currently sitting 366th out of 336,543 players on the footytips.com.au leaderboard. 

Well I’ve wrapped it all up. Everyone at the top of the table predictably tipped the favourites for every game so I remain 2 ahead with only the GF to go. A nice little cash collect. Big smile

Sitting 276th on the overall footytips website leaderboard. 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 12:25pm
nice work E&E.
on another note I just had a look at grand final tickets. Average seats going for about $450 :(
the tv is looking a good option

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 4:55pm
If you live in Brisbane it's still worth it, if your a fan of the game and especially one of the teams, to go to a Grand Final in Sydney you'd be in for a lot more taking into account flights and accommodation as well.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

nice work E&E.
on another note I just had a look at grand final tickets. Average seats going for about $450 :(
the tv is looking a good option

Diamond tickets were $339 and Bronze $39.

Tickets are still available for $200
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 5:32pm
I must be looking at the wrong ticket site Shrunk. I didn't see anything at $200, I did search under 3 seats together .
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 7:42pm
Couple of Storm boys videoed with a bit of the old Nadia Bartel on the table
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

I must be looking at the wrong ticket site Shrunk. I didn't see anything at $200, I did search under 3 seats together .

Behind the goal posts. A view I actually enjoy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Not surprised. They have form
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 8:04pm
By the way, was Nadia looking uncomfortable on the table?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Not surprised. They have form

Smith and Munster...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 90>