Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Well Burton goes to Bulldogs.

Naden has also signed elsewhere.

Kurt Capewell is a Queenslander and he has been linked to boost the Broncos forward pack, especially if Lodge is offloaded.

I am not aware how that affects the top 17, but it lessens the depth.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:06pm
I would be surprised if they weren't prepared for a post-Burton life well before he signed elsewhere, the reality is that genuine NRL standard halves find a starting spot eventually, he was never going to stay behind Luai and Cleary for long.

Naden is yesterdays news already, Momirovski is likely next cab off the rank in the outside backs.

They'll miss Capewell no doubt but they'll have succession plans there.

Their reserve grade side is also unbeaten (8 from 8) and have an average winning margin of just over 24 points, slightly higher than the a grade side, the club is obviously well run from top to bottom, I think they're in for a run of sustained success.  This will naturally lead to guys on the fringes leaving for better offers elsewhere but if they manage succession properly this won't be a problem.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:19pm
A succession plan behind Cleary?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:42pm
Rabbits going to "blood" any of those 3 you mentioned as a halfback next year Shrunk ? 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:24am
Cleary probably the exception.  Penrith are just following the Roosters/Storm model that has led to them dominating the competition in recent times, build and lock down the players you want in your spine and then grab the best available from there.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Rabbits going to "blood" any of those 3 you mentioned as a halfback next year Shrunk ? 

It’s started already Carioca. You need to start paying attention Wink

The great news is that young Taaffe is back from injury this weekClap
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 12:49pm
Yeah , got the cuts many times at school for the same thing Shrunk . Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:38pm

Yeah , got the cuts many times at school for the same thing Shrunk . Smile

Clap I can relate 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 9:43pm
Well if ya going to take a scalp ....take a big one Smile Broncos give the Roosters a touch up Confused sin binning is taking its toll on teams , most are what the new ruling was brought in for but there are a couple of no significance at all , there will be rumblings again I feel , Victor the inflictor had a torrid night , might be another little stretch coming up . Ouch
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:25pm
 he got pinged three times, then copped one. He's definitely going for a holiday, if only for the shoulder to the head...

a very entertaining game, in a frantic way...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:33pm
 I take that back. Radley got pinged four times. Might be a record.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 11:40pm
I hope Storm can keep Nic Hyne , had a blinder to night but overall his games improving all the time , missed the first half of chooks , but the " new boy on the block " had a soft landing from what I saw of him , can't keep em in cotton wool imo they've gotta face the music sometime .
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:47am

I hope Storm can keep Nic Hyne , had a blinder to night but overall his games improving all the time , missed the first half of chooks , but the " new boy on the block " had a soft landing from what I saw of him , can't keep em in cotton wool imo they've gotta face the music sometime .

Suaalii played the full 80 minutes carioca, was solid in defense, made a few hitups and went close to scoring a couple of times.

Being only 17 though they had to have a different jumper for him without the sponsor Unibet's logo across the top back of it, because he isn't old enough to bet legally.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 10:50am
That Roosters-Broncos game was a classic example of "bad side performing at the top of their bell curve plus getting the rub of the green" vs "good side playing at the bottom of their bell curve and not getting the rub of the green".

Broncos turned up, played well and deserved their win, but surely even their most one eyed fans couldn't claim the refereeing wasn't helpful in some way towards that.

Fox are talking up this afternoons games as possibly the best Sunday arvo of footy ever and whilst that is hyperbole more than anything it still shapes as an interesting afternoon, Panthers should account for Souths but it will still be a good litmus test for the young side as to how they're travelling, all going well they could be 14-0 heading into the consecutive Friday night home clashes with the Roosters and Eels in round 15 and 16.

Speaking of the Eels they should also take care of Manly however with the Roosters reeling this is Manly's chance to make a statement and jump clear of the log jam of teams from 6th-12th and move into the top 6.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 10:51am
I should add, Manly's next tough game is August 7 vs Melbourne, so a win today could kick start a good run for them.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Suaalii played the full 80 minutes carioca, was solid in defense, made a few hitups and went close to scoring a couple of times.

Being only 17 though they had to have a different jumper for him without the sponsor Unibet's logo across the top back of it, because he isn't old enough to bet legally.
Not much has changed then. I had all kinds of trouble getting my lunch money on at school LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

That Roosters-Broncos game was a classic example of "bad side performing at the top of their bell curve plus getting the rub of the green" vs "good side playing at the bottom of their bell curve and not getting the rub of the green".

Broncos turned up, played well and deserved their win, but surely even their most one eyed fans couldn't claim the refereeing wasn't helpful in some way towards that.

Fox are talking up this afternoons games as possibly the best Sunday arvo of footy ever and whilst that is hyperbole more than anything it still shapes as an interesting afternoon, Panthers should account for Souths but it will still be a good litmus test for the young side as to how they're travelling, all going well they could be 14-0 heading into the consecutive Friday night home clashes with the Roosters and Eels in round 15 and 16.

Speaking of the Eels they should also take care of Manly however with the Roosters reeling this is Manly's chance to make a statement and jump clear of the log jam of teams from 6th-12th and move into the top 6.
Don't fall for the three card trick Afross - thought you were a bit more astute than that. Parra will melt/ fall over/ collapse / disappoint like they have ever since their last Premiership in 1986. Just a matter of time - & today could well be the start of it
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 12:18pm
Roosters are running on fumes. There are going to be quite a few "upset" wins against them.

Is Victor Radley unusually  thick, even by NRL forward standards? Talk about a slow learner.Ouch
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:26pm
It hasn't happened to him before, I dont think. Just became a ''dirty'' player yesterday.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:14pm
Imo he's not a dirty player at all , but he reminded me of a fox in a chook house that had a taste of blood and wanted more , 3 to4 weeks will give him time to think about his future , he'll come round and be better for it , too good to sit on the fence , in a different paddock I've gone for the bunnies to edge out the panthers and the eels too good for manly , looking forward to a pleasant a/ noon .Smile
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:26pm
When Storm get back Grant, Papenhuzen, Munster, Hughes & K Bromich, baring future injuries, surely they will give any team a run for their money. None of those played last night against, admittedly a weakened Raiders side, but still won 34-10.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:28pm
Will these new rules be applied to SOO?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:30pm
To add further to Storm's current form they are the first team in premiership history to win eight straight games by at least 13 points.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:34pm
15 different charges from Saturday's games Victor Radley facing four weeks on the sidelines for two different charges. Angus Crichton also facing two weeks for a dangerous contact charge. Both now looking like they'll miss Origin I.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:31pm
RIP Immortal Bob Fulton aged 73.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:21pm
Panthers off to a flyer, 16-0 after 16 minutes and Latrell looks like he has let down well during his layoff. Looks gassed already.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:24pm
3 head shots penalised so far. Nobody on report and nobody sin binned. 

Maybe the rules have changed again overnight.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:30pm
 certainly a benevolent referee.

this could be worse than the Storm scoreline.

Cry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Panthers off to a flyer, 16-0 after 16 minutes and Latrell looks like he has let down well during his layoff. Looks gassed already.

he's a piker. They get past him, he gives up.

mind you, a good few other players aren't looking too fit, either.

you could run an elephant through some of those gaps.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:37pm
 it's a toss-up whether the biggest dud out there is Mansour or Mitchell.

Penrith are a pleasure to watch.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 90>