Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NRL 2020 Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 56>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

[QUOTE=Carioca]Looking forward to tonight's game, the bobbing of the heads I feel,can't make up my mind , storm will no doubt miss Munster and roosters young Vinny Radley who I rate highly, maybe good ole Cam can steer a 2 point win for storm.Wink[/QUOTE

Cam Smith the original Peter Pan of rugby league.StarStarStar

Perfect.     Us oldies know our onions , aye .

I
I've never witnessed a better game . Exciting , entertaining an d credit to the games elite.
A draw would have been justice.
At times we get it right aye young fellaLOL great game , love the new rule that opens up the game, might sort a few " beefy" forwards out too.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:15pm
The Referee made that game last night ----    Let it flow and the final penalty was a stupid , unnecessary , deliberate act ... ref had no choice.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The Referee made that game last night ----    Let it flow and the final penalty was a stupid , unnecessary , deliberate act ... ref had no choice.
The restart on infrigments is a big winner during a set too.Wink
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 6:09pm
Hope saints can make a game of it , fitness the key here imo.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:56pm
Parra look too good here, I can't erase the memory of the Cowboys leaking 34 points in one half recently.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:57pm
No Moses levels things up to some extent.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:13pm
Maxy, Moses is a myth. A flat track bully with zero composure when under pressure 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 8:56pm
He has had that reputation, but they have been pretty successful with him of late. If the Cowboys can score first, in the second half, it will become interesting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 9:36pm
It’s got ugly
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:04pm
LOL,  sad more like
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 10:06pm
There seems to be quite a gap, perhaps a bigger gap than recent years, between the top sides, and the lesser. Which makes for some uninteresting spectacles.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:26am
I must say, I watched a few games last week, and I watched Thursdays game, and I have enjoyed the football more than I have in a while - the one ref, and the six more rules seem a success. Still as many mistakes, but at least it's not as annoying as when 2 refs + a couple of touchies + the bunker all get it wrong!

Oh, and great to see The Rooters snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!Clap
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 12:14pm
Big drop in class last night for the viewing audience ,     We has the 2 top stars give us , The best you can get ,   But last night wasn't near as good.

I'm hoping for a Storm premiership but something tells me the Roosters look like , that bit more dangerous.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 5:31pm
What do you do with this game? take the points in warriors? Cup of tea perhaps? or munch on a 70% cocoa block of chocolate? umm, choccy for me , and hoping for warriors.LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 7:36pm
It's that bloody chocolate, Whittakers 70% cocoa, the best little kept secret, like taking a Star kingdom to a maiden in Gympie.LOL

Panthers are specials.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 11:34pm
Okay what happens with Pay.

Do the board who look as though they could not run a local church bingo event, give him the war chest to go on the market and then give him two years, or do they go more experienced coach with the bounty.

There are some good prospects on the market, Alex Johnson, Addo Carr, Reynolds or Benji Marshall (to play with his half brother) for a year, Harry Grant if Cameron Smith goes one more.

If you put Johnson and Addo Carr on the wings, keep Zelezniak and Hopoate in the centres, and add Reynolds/Marshall to Foran in the halves behind the forwards they have in Napa, Jackson, Elliott, Thompson and Tolman with Marshall king continuing to develop at hooker, that could add the attacking spark they need.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:22pm
They should keep Pay. Was smart enough to change the teams attacking structures last night. That’s what a good coach does. He can coach.
Unlike the idiot at the Broncos
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 7:18pm
The so called experts are still going on about it so I will put my two cents in.

Joey Leilua's attack of the Panthers fullback, but they have said nothing about the coach not replacing him as soon as his brother was flawed by a hit to the jaw (which was accidental).

If Maguire knows his players, and has been watching Leilua for the last ten years, he should have known that the way Joey was responding to his brothers incident, shyte was about to go down.

No mention of the coach not doing his job, I found that a little disappointing.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:09pm
Maybe he was hoping BJ would channel his anger into a positive outcome for the team?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:50pm
Warriors can make it 2 in a row tonight.
Souths will want to lift their game to be effective against the Tiers,important that Latrell to be on song for them to win, imo he's a match winner.Wink
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:25pm
I know they’ve been panned by most, but I actually really like the yellow & black checked jersey design that the Warriors are wearing tonight.  Traditional Wellington NZ colours apparently.

But geez, the number of different jerseys teams have these days is ridiculous!  In recent years I think the Tigers have been the worst at this.  

Wests Tigers should have only 2 designs:

1. Orange with black V (use this Balmain jersey for Leichhardt & away games)
2. Black with V (use the Western Suburbs jersey for Campbelltown games)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:31pm
The sooner they get back to having black & white with a magpie the better.
Fock the tigers right off 
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

The sooner they get back to having black & white with a magpie the better.
Fock the tigers right off 
Playing out of Lidcombe Oval and jersey sponsored by Victa Mowers....Mow Em Down Magpies!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Warriors can make it 2 in a row tonight.
Souths will want to lift their game to be effective against the Tiers,important that Latrell to be on song for them to win, imo he's a match winner.Wink
I didn't mind the colour change either, but the weak end warriors are awful ATM, second half Souths v tigers should be a watch, Souths will be too good imo, gagai seems to have gained a few kilos around shoulder/ neck area, dem protein drinks .LOL
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:42pm
Well done Souths, job done Wayno, keep the harmony going as their gelling nicely.Wink
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:26am
Man of the match was Ben Cummins, he hammered the Tigers non stop with penalties and dodgy calls

Souths are a very average team just like the Tigers,will be without Latrell for a few weeks but wouldn't be surprised if he gets off his two charges

EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Man of the match was Ben Cummins, he hammered the Tigers non stop with penalties and dodgy calls

Souths are a very average team just like the Tigers,will be without Latrell for a few weeks but wouldn't be surprised if he gets off his two charges

Souths are average?  I think that's an understatement. Worst pack I've ever seen playing for them, and Latrell is a liability as much as an asset. They'll be struggling to make the eight. As for Gagai...it was about time the useless pr*ck did something. Worst acquisition Souths have ever made. Opposition teams stream down his wing...or kick to his side of the field...knowing the odds are always in their favour of a result. If it wasn't for Cook, Walker, Reynolds and Graham, we wouldn't score at all. 

Dead  Ouch

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 5:39pm
So George and Tom were great gets, yeah right, ball dropping overpaid/rated and give nothing to inspire , not for mine.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 2:10am
Dean Pay Shafted by the Bulldogs, Dogs have been wanting to get rid of him for the past 12 months, they just got their wish

Pay wasnt a miracle worker, the club is run like a shambles, the board stuffed up with its salary cap, had to shed players and work with juniors, players acting up and getting contracts torn up

Now looks like Barrett will get the job and be given a open cheque book

So much for being called the family club LOL
EAD
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 4:25pm
If the Bulldogs select Barrett they will be at least  two or three years away from even getting anywhere near the finals.

As the NRL 360 crew said last night, some guys are good assistants (Stephen Kearney, Jason Taylor) but they can not handle the top job. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 56>