Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:55pm
Sorry Shrunk they did look terrible, especially that time when Jackson was deep caught the ball had no one in front of him and then basically threw the ball into the KC defenders near him. I had to replay that play about ten times before I saw what happened and I am still not sure. However the Raiders are not the only team which has regressed quickly.

So what did we learn from week 10? A huge amount!

I learnt that while my last two list of selections have not been good, I am not alone as I sit on 93 wins while the ESPN leader of their comp ( I know they might not be the most accurate tipsters but every person on this ESPN comp is being paid a huge six figure salary, and they seem to have as much of a idea of form as I do) and the leader is sitting on 97 wins. So yeah I am doing it tough, but it looks like everyone else is. 

We learned that my team Washington, actually does have a line on how to beat or at least challenge Brady as they got close in last years play offs and backed that up with a good win against the Bucs.

We learned that without Rothlisberger, the Steelers are a definite non-playoff team.

There were several teams this week who were obviously playing on what they had read in the papers. At Mile High we saw the Broncos get totally, totally 100% outplayed by the Eagles. Matt Stafford is seriously playing like he is still in Detroit. His last two matches have been hopeless, hopeless, abysmal, and the rest of the offense are not much better, the line providing no protection and the receivers dropping catches, if they can not get back on track soon they will not win another match, and I am not kidding! Arizona were terrible against a Panthers team who with McCaffery back and Cam Newton playing a great reliever role, might go on a run here. In Miami we saw that if you can shut down Lamar Jackson then Baltimore are no threat offensively, so that rules them out as a Superbowl winner. Okay I can now see what others have for two seasons. Baker Mayfield played a shocking game and I am officially off the Browns bandwagon, maybe OBJ's father was nearer to the truth than I thought. 

We saw that Mike White's claim that he should have been the overall No.1 pick was perhaps a little premature, what a shocking second up performance, it was horrific, 4 clear interceptions which never looked like hitting a target, in fact it looked like he threw the ball to the defender.

Tennessee were nowhere near their best but they found a way to win despite dropping their performance in the second half. That is a sign that they can do well in the playoffs, because you need to be able to win when you are under pressure and not playing at your best.

We also learnt that Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Cleveland and Detroit (Goff is not a NFL standard quarterback), all need to secure new quarterbacks for the future as there older QB's who will be moving on soon, and the teams whose current QB's are limiting their teams evolution, are not going to move them into further success. I would add Lamar Jackson in this group as well, but he can win your team more regular season matches and there for make the playoffs, but he will not win you a Superbowl.

Week 10 MVP: There were a couple of contenders who could have grabbed this award this week. Taylor Heineke, mastered a very good win against the Bucs, Dak Prescott was back to his best as he led the Cowboys back into the winners list, I know he did not have the touchdowns but I thought Stefon Diggs was crucial in the Bills win over the Jets, and the Big G, Jimmy Garoppolo showed that when the 49ers are all on deck that that offense is still one of the best in the comp, as they made the Rams look stupid. However in the end I settled at Foxborough, and we saw the best match of Mac Jones's career so far as he led the Patriots very well in their demolition of an inept Browns team who just do not look like they are playing as a cohesive unit, on both sides of the ball. I would have made the Patriots a team to follow in the next five weeks, but they have two very difficult matches against the Titans and Bills. If they can win those matches they can secure their play off spot.

Week 10 Team Award: While I heaped praise on New England and rightfully so, there was more than one great team effort. Dallas bounced back to dominate Atlanta, Washington completely dominated Tampa Bay as Brady had a day he would like to forget, and he probably will this week, Minnesota showed a bit of grit as they got past the Chargers, the Panthers and Eagles were both good but they were helped by their opponents who helped them with unforced errors. However I am going to Santa Clara where the 49er's led by Big G, were back to their Superbowl power. Yes Stafford and the Rams offensive line were, offensive, but San Francisco looked strong, cohesive on both sides of the ball and while they may have had a bad start to the season, if they can just stay healthy for another ten weeks in this form, they can grab a play off spot.

Team to follow over the next 5 weeks: There are several teams to keep an eye on. New England have struck a good patch of form, but as stated earlier they do have two difficult games in their next five weeks. Carolina looked every inch a play off team in their win over Arizona, and if they again stay healthy, and Cam Newton is used as a strike weapon QB, with McCaffery back they can make a run. However I have settled on San Francisco. They have a relatively easier draw including a bye, but all their four matches over the next few weeks are winnable. If they can go on a run, then that puts them into a position where the last two matches of the season, will be play off chance matches.      
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:22pm
Voyager I was joking when I said they didn’t just look terrible but were terribleLOL

Yes they were pathetic on every level
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:35pm
Not to worry Shrunk, just wait a week and they will bounce back, that seems to be the stage of the season we are in Thumbs Up 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 10:51pm
 GB's improved defense has a lot of pundits predicting a Superbowl appearance. They'll easily win the division, providing the Almighty One stays healthy. If they have to depend on Love...well...Love's a ball of nothing and I wish they'd kept Bortles on the books, as backup. I cannot count how many rubbish reserve QB's GB have wasted time on, after letting Matt Flynn go.

We'll be a definite finals team, so who knows?

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:03am
Alright sitting on 97 winners lets see if we can get more than six winners this week, Week 11.

New England
Cleveland
San Francisco
Buffalo
Miami
Carolina
Baltimore
New Orleans
Tennessee
Green Bay
Cincinnati
Arizona
Dallas
L.A.Chargers
Tampa Bay

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:14am
Now for the bets.

New England @ $1.86 giving Atlanta 6.5 points start
Cleveland to defeat Detroit but no bet
San Francisco @ $1.90 giving Jacksonville 6.5 points start
Buffalo @ $1.21 to defeat Indianapolis
Miami @ $1.57 to defeat New York Jets
Carolina @ $1.87 giving Washington 3 points start
New Orleans @ $2.07 to defeat Philadelphia
Tennessee @ $1.21 to defeat Houston
Green Bay @ $1.77 to defeat Minnesota
Cincinnati @ $1.86 to defeat Las Vegas
Arizona @ $1.77 to defeat Seattle
Dallas @ $1.97 getting 2.5 points start from Kansas City
L.A Chargers to defeat Pittsburgh but no bet
New York Giants @ $1.90 getting 10.5 points start from Tampa Bay

Good luck with your investments!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:46am
 Atlanta are shockingly bad, this year.  They let too much talent walk out the door.  But, with all the upsets, the last few weeks, they might step up and get close to New England. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:19pm
I feel sorry for Matt Ryan, playing behind a shambles of an O-line.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 6:11am
It looks like stories of New England's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 11:28am
Bills wtf? They aren't going to be winning Super Bowls any time soon.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 7:35pm
Well we had two of the in form teams be absolutely dominated and we saw a few wins which may signify some late runs to the playoffs so lets see what we actually learned from Week 11.

After looking the two more likely teams to beat in the AFC over the last month, the Titans and Bills had shocking matches. The Bills defense looked ordinary, but surely that was an aberration. Josh Allen was hopeless in his decision making and after two loses recently they have come back to the rest of the field record wise and are now struggling to make the playoffs. The Titans have done well without Henry, but in the second half against the Saints and then last weeks effort against the Texans, their effort showed that they are entering a period where their offense may struggle. Due to their start to the season they really only need to win three more matches to make the playoffs, but their draw is kind and they should still challenge for top seed in the AFC.

There were some significant wins by teams who are gathering momentum just at the right time. New England look like the teams units are firing on all cylinders. Mac Jones has the offense clicking and all the receivers and running back are working well within the Dark lord's system. It will be interesting to see how Jones goes away from a Patriots/Belicheck system but that should not occur for a few seasons and so if he plays his role I can see him having good success over the next few seasons. 

The Indianapolis Colts have somehow stayed in touch with the leading teams through to this period of the season and they now seem to have a genuine chance of not only making the playoffs but catching the Titans for the division title. Carson Wentz is not playing great quarterback football but that seems good enough at the moment. In the same boat the Minneapolis Vikings have had a hugely inconsistent start to the season, but somehow Kirk Cousins has led them to a point where they can push for a play off spot. Their win over the division leaders was significant and if they can show that form consistently they must be a chance to play in the post season.

The two superbowl teams from last season looked good in their wins this week and they are teams who look like they are just timing their runs nicely.

And now we get to two teams who started very slowly but who are now in good form with two good wins in a row. Last week we named San Francisco as the team to follow over the next five weeks, and they did what we expected as they cruised past the Jaguars in a nice win. If their offense  stays healthy and in current form they can lead the team to the play offs. And this week we saw Philadelphia put two good wins together. Last week they flew into Denver and made the Broncos look feeble, and this week they hosted New Orleans and came away with a very nice win. The Eagles have maybe the easiest draw over the next 7 weeks with a schedule which sees them play the Giants and Washington twice each, and they also have Dallas. The other match they have is a last round home game against the Cowboys which if they are in the playoffs by then would be a good pipe opener for the wild card week match. Their destiny is in their hands but they will need to win at least five of those seven matches to give themselves a chance.

Week 11 MVP award: Not many contenders this week. As expected Tom Brady resumed from a season worst performance last week against Washington with a typically masterful performance against Giants. I really enjoyed Taylor Heinicke's effort against Carolina and he led the team fantastically. With Nick Chubb back, Baker Mayfield bounced back from a terrible effort last week and Austin Ekeler set a good standard with 4 touchdowns against Pittsburgh. However I have settled on the great performance from the Indianapolis Colts running back Johnathon Taylor. In one of the best efforts of the season so far he made a usually tight defensive unity, the best in the competition until last week, look stupid as he kept rolling through the Bills all day. Running for 185 yards at an average of nearly 6 yards a carry, he was hugely responsible for the Colts keeping possession and using it properly. He also ran for 4 touchdowns and against that defense he was awesome. Fully deserving MVP for week 11 Star  

Week 11 Team Award: Well unlike the MVP award there were several contenders here. As stated before the Bucs and Chiefs looked back on track with strong wins which came from full team efforts, Cincinnati were dominant over Las Vegas bouncing back from three ordinary efforts. The Patriots were looking like the old Patriots against the Falcons, while San Francisco and Arizona did what they had to against inferior opposition. But I have settled on Indianapolis. The Colts come in to this week sitting at 5-5, and coming up against the best defense in the NFL, however in the first quarter they got to a 14-0 lead due to some luck with a weird turnover which they ran in for a touchdown, but even after that they were totally dominant. Carson Wentz had his best match for the season, Johnathon Taylor showed high end skills at running back and the defense was at its best to challenge and then deny Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs the ability to combine, severely limiting the Bills offensive prowess. A totally dominant overall performance from a team who look as though they are hitting form at the right end of the season.

Team to follow for the next five weeks: Last week we nominated San Francisco and they did their job against the Jags this week. As I stated earlier one of the performances of the week in my eyes was Philadelphia. They have now put two good wins together and as I said earlier they have a very winnable last seven matches. They look to be feeding off Jalen Hurtz's form and while New Orleans came fast late they never looked like winning that match. The Eagles should win at least four of their four of their remaining six matches and that should set up the final match at home against the Cowboys who should be safe in the playoffs and might be looking to the post season. Realistically the Eagles should on form win all five of their matches leading into that match so this team do have their destiny in their own hands.           
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 7:49pm
Sorry guys the other match for the Eagles is against the Jets. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 8:26pm
New England have the Titans, Bills, Colts, Bills, Jags, Dolphins to finish the season, if they win out they are a real chance of grabbing the #1 seed, although the Ravens still loom ominously.  
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 7:40pm
The next four matches Afros are early playoff quality opponents for the Dark Lord and his apprentice at quarterback.

Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 9:15pm
And no doubt the hoodied one will be prepared for this stretch as well.  They've only given away one TD in the last 3 weeks, they may be playing lesser teams but they're still doing what they have to.

I think NE are worth a sneaky beat to win the Lombardi.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 12:59am
Alright we have the traditional thanksgiving match of Chicago and Detroit (that should help put everyone to sleep after the turkey lunch) so lets see if we can add to our 106 winners for the season so far.

Chicago
Dallas
Buffalo
New England (no Adrian Peterson makes it tough for Tennessee)
Houston
Philadelphia
Tampa Bay
Jacksonville
Carolina
Cincinnati
LA Chargers
San Francisco (this is the most vital match of the week, Which ever team loses here will make it tougher to make the playoffs.)
Green Bay
Cleveland
Washington

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 1:14am
Now onto the bets. 

Detoirt @ $1.97 getting 2.5 start over Chicago
Dallas to defeat Las Vegas Under 51.5 points @ $1.86
Buffalo @ $1.89 giving New Orleans 6.5 points start
New England @ $1.85 giving Tennessee 6.5 points start
Houston to defeat New York Jets but no bet
Philadelphia @ $1.93 giving Giants 3.5 points start
Tampa Bay @ $1.55 to defeat Indianapolis
Jacksonville @ $2.11 to defeat Atlanta
Carolina @1.75 to defeat Miami
Cincinatti @ $1.47 to defeat Pittsburgh
LA Chargers @ $1.65 to defeat Denver
San Francisco @ $1.84 giving Minnesota 3 point start (this should be the match of the week, well worth viewing)
Green Bay Packers @ $1.96 to defeat L.A.Rams
Cleveland @ $2.57 to defeat Baltimore
Washington @ $1.81 to defeat Seattle

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 5:04pm
Detroit had two of the worse drives I have ever seen in the NFL.

How can you have twenty yards of penalties, have a 1st and 32 and just hand the ball to a running back who looks like the soldiers being slaughtered at Anzac Cove by the Turks.

Either Goff has no confidence in his receivers or his own passing game, either way this has to be the worst offense in NFL history.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 4:10pm
Want to watch four quarterbacks at their worst?  If so:

a. replay the Browns/Ravens game; 
b. google Ben Roethlisberger v the Bengals; and
b. have a look at Cam Newton's stats v the Dolphins. Is that the worst rating of all time?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 6:24pm
I would have thrown Herbert in that group until half time SC, but he got going late.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:14pm
Okay we had a intriguing week 12 where some teams confirmed a late run, and some teams showed they are limping towards the post season. So what did we learn?

Right before our eyes we saw a franchise take their fans from a high of sustaining a late run, to the agony of now missing the playoffs in 60 minutes. Welcome to MetLife Stadium where the Philadelphia faithful went in proud of their team, and hit the cars for the drive home cursing their existence. Complete clusterf#$k of a performance which made the previous couple of wins irrelevant. They knew Dallas had lost and yet the players looked disinterested and unprofessional against the Giants.

Speaking off completely useless performances, is there anyone who wants to beat Tom Brady or is everyone just tanking so he can add another ring to his collection. Tennessee has excuses they have used more starters in a season than any other franchise in NFL history. Buffalo has not only lost their offensive talent, somewhere in the ether, but their defense has looked shocking in their last three matches. Dallas has fallen off the cliff and that last week game against Philadelphia could still decide the division. It is amazing when a team wins and yet the coach is still under the most pressure to keep his job but that is the case in the windy city as the Bears were ultra lucky to get away with a win against Detroit. Fancy booing Matt Nagy's kid at his junior football match. That is some high level hatred almost up with Indian and Pakistan cricket fans burning their captains in effigy, after a loss. The Pittsburgh team are not only getting criticised, they are getting criticised by former champion Steelers. That is just about unheard off. Both the LA teams seem to have reverted back to their default position, which is do well for a quarter but give the opposition to much start and fall short of victory. The Ravens have to be the luckiest 8-3 side in history, okay well at least in the semi finals. That game against the Browns was one of the most underwhelming sport events I have ever seen. No team wanted to win and it was waste of three hours of our lives. 

Now onto the teams who showed they will contend. The Patriots racked up their sixth win on the trot and right now the dream superbowl does look a real possibility, the Dark Lord against God's Nephew. Indianapolis showed against Tampa Bay that they could at least stay with a top contender for a large part of the match. If they get to the playoffs, they will be a dangerous team to play. Even with his injured toe the Bearded One led the Packers to a solid win over the Rams. I do not think they can win the superbowl, but for me Cincinatti and San Francisco are genuine conference championship contenders if they make the playoffs. The other two superbowl hopes are Arizona and Kansas City who had byes this week. 

It has taken just three matches but the honeymoon is over for Cam Newton. Statistically that was one of the worst performances by a quarterback in NFL history. No Christian Macaffery for the rest of the season and the Panthers turkey is cooked.

Week 12 MVP: Josh Allen led the Bills well in their win over the Saints, Mac Jones and Tom Brady were awesome against their opponents, and Joe burrow had the ball on target against the Steelers, but in the end I went with Tampa Bay's running back Leonard Fournette. Yes he got 4 touchdowns but he has added a vital part to the Bucs offense, a talented running game. Now with the running game, and Tom's high grade passing skills, it gives the Bucs a better offense going into the playoffs. 

Week 12 Best Team Performance: There were a couple like San Francisco against the Vikings, in a must win match, Las Vegas made the Cowboys look bad, but that has been doable lately, the Bucs effort on both sides of the ball were very good against a strong Colts effort and the Broncos looked playoff quality against a limping Chargers, but for me it has to be Cincinatti. The Bengals had never swept the Steelers this century, but not only did they accomplish that, they made their past bullies look ordinary. If that offense can produce that for the next six weeks they can win this division! 

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2021 at 5:50pm
Okay we sit on 114 wins after week 12 so lets see how we can make a complete mess of weeks 13's selections.

Dallas (but they look like both Cooper and Cee Dee Lamb will be missing, just can not trust the Saints)
Minnesota
Arizona
Tampa Bay
Indianapolis
Philadelphia (can you guys please show up and put in an effort)
Cincinatti
Giants
Washington (I am selecting them just for you Shrunk so the Raiders can win Thumbs Up)
Baltimore
Rams
San Francisco
Kansas City
New England

Now for the bets

Dallas to defeat New Orleans but no bet.
Minnesota @ $1.30 to defeat Detroit
Arizona @ $1.87 giving Chicago 7.5points start
Tampa Bay to defeat Atlanta but no bet
Indianapolis to defeat Atlanta over 45.5 points @ $1.90
Philadelphia @ $1.33 to defeat New York Jets
Cincinatti @ $1.85 giving LA Chargers 3 point start
New York Giants @ $1.87 getting 4.5 points from Miami
Washington @ $2.16 to defeat Las Vaegas
Baltimore to defeat Pittsburgh but no bet
LA Rams to defeat Jacksonville, but no bet
San Francisco @ $1.84 giving Seattle 3 point start
Kansas City to defeat Denver under 47.5 points @ $1.87 
New England @$2.19 to defeat Buffalo (how is buffalo a head to head favorite here?)  
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 3:45am
Okay give me a break.

So the Eagles set up a late run for the division, but they drop a game to the Giants, because, well I do not actually have a reason for that except complacency, and now as they are facing the annual bye match with the Jets, they lose their only offensive weapon in Jalen Hurts. 

That Superbowl a few years ago must have been paid for with the city's soul being sold to the devil. Here you go have one superbowl, without your starting quarterback and no more playoffs for you. 

Can I change my selection from Thursday?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 8:42am
You discounted Minshew mania, Voyager!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 4:55pm
Buffalo dead and buried. Bellichick's New England rebuild going great.

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 10:48pm
We are getting down to the final stage of the season and so let us see what we learned from Week 13.

Some teams had their seasons ended. Minnesota have now had two losses in games that they needed to win. They are close enough but with their current form and their inconsistency no way they get to the playoffs. The Las Vegas Raiders lost a match which at home they should have won, but that loss to the Warriors (can we get a name change already, I mean for heavens sake how hard is this), puts them behind several teams and they are looking at a terrible run home which includes Kansas City, Indianapolis, Chargers and Cleveland who are all hopes of making the playoffs.  New Orleans were put out of their misery. And while the 49ers are still in the wild card spot, they can not afford any more losses.

One of the best games of the year on Monday night and if the playoffs go like that bring them on. The Bills defence has looked fragile in recent weeks, however they showed signs against the Patriots that it was coming back. Both these teams will be knocking on the door of the conference championship week.

Now to the conferences. In the AFC we have a dogfight in both the North and West. In each of these division in the form that all teams are still in with a chance of making the playoffs. And the Bills after the great start to the season they had are in serious danger of missing the playoffs, which would be absolutely unacceptable to every Bills fan in the universe! 

In the NFC all four divisional winners look set in stone, although the NFC East is tight as Dallas need to continue to win with both Washington and Philadelphia still a mathematical hope of taking the division. I just can not believe I said that the Washington and Philadelphia teams are hopes of winning their division, and that the Washington team, thanks to a 4 win run are set for a playoffs spot. This weeks match between the Cowboys and Washington is a must win for both teams, Dallas can secure the division and Washington can not only put pressure on the Cowboys for the division but also secure a ideal foundation for the playoffs.

Detroit finally gained a W, and Jared Goff had one of the best final game winning drives in the history of the NFL, but how does the Minnesota's defense not cover a person in the front of the end zone, how does no one see a player free. Congrats to the Lions fans who had been close a few times, but had to wait a full twelve months almost to the day. 

Week 13 MVP: Justin Herbert's first quarter was Dan Marino like but what is it with both the LA teams that they always in every match have a stage where they look as good as Detroit. He and his team was good enough to kick late for a win but can we get a full four quarter sixty minute performance anywhere soon. Gardner Minshew had a top debut starting for the Eagles. The Arizona tandem Murray and Hopkins looked back on their way to their best. But I am going finally with a defensive player, probably the best defender in the NFL. Pittsburgh won against the Ravens, but it was TJ Watt who kept them in touch with his leadership by action, to curtail Jackson and the Ravens poor offense. TJ Watt is a huge presence even before the matches and it is because he can isolate and nullify the oppositions offensive ground game. weapons, the quarterback and running back. If you are a defensive linesman in the NFL he is a guy who want to play with, in other words he has the respect of all of his opponents. Pittsburgh do not win that match if he is off the field.

Week 13 team Award: The Monday night match was one of the best of the season and Mac Jones led a full team performance which was one of their best of the season. The Chargers had a sensational first quarter but they dropped off after that. But in the end I have to go with the league leading Arizona Cardinals. Yes they were playing Chicago, and yes they had to defend Andy Dalton, and yes they had the dynamic duo of Murray and Hopkins returning to something like their best but the team were good on both sides of the ball. Chicago grabbed some points late but it was a good win. Now they have a match against the Rams and then they should secure the top position with matches against Indianapolis, Detroit, Dallas and finally Seattle at home.

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 7:52pm
Okay fellow NFL thrillseekers we are entering week 14 which marks the final bye week, so after this weekend all teams are on a equal footing. 

So here are the selections.

Minnesota (I could have easily selected a draw)
Kansas City
New York Jets (do I have to make a pick here?)
Tennessee
Cleveland (Baltimore are an excellent chance)
Atlanta (again this is a very difficult game to choose)
Washington (just show up and play like a team for the full 60 minutes and we win, vital match for the division)
Seattle
Denver
L.A.Chargers
San Francisco (this should be a good match)
Tampa Bay
Green Bay
Arizona

Now for the bets

Minnesota @ $1.51 to defeat Pittsburgh
Las Vegas @ $1.90 getting 8.5 points from Kansas City
New York Jets to defeat New Orleans but no bet
Jacksonville @ $1.90 getting 8.5 points from Tennessee
Cleveland @ $1.69 to defeat Baltimore
Atlanta to defeat Carolina but no bet
Washington @$2.66 to defeat Dallas
Seattle to defeat Houston, but no bet
Denver to defeat Detroit, but no bet
New York Giants @ $1.94 getting 9.5 points start from L.A.Chargers
San Francisco @ $1.81 to defeat Cincinatti
Tampa Bay @ $1.53 to defeat Buffalo
Green Bay @ $1.90 giving 11.5 points to Chicago
Arizona @ $1.71 to defeat L.A.Rams

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 10:43am
Starting off watching in the hope of maybe a good game but Tampa Bay are smashing Buffalo - boring. Bucs looking very good in attack and defence - oh, no, not again - but Buffalo have made other teams look good this year.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:24am
I knew that would give them a kick along. Soon as I stop watching the hopeless team I've been hoping will perform starts firing.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2021 at 11:42am
 I have a sore neck, switching back and forth, watching the TB/Bills match on my game pass, and the SF/Bengals match on the tv. 

Great comebacks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 20>