Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 3:46am
I thought you were going to hop on the Cowboys bandwagon jj. I can not believe the ESPN idiots who were salivating over a 4 point win over the Vikings. Yes they won without Dak, but they beat the Vikings who are struggling to get to 9-8. 

Come back and see me when they have played Tampa Bay, Arizona, or the lethal defense of the Bills. The Cowboys will be near the top two seeds with their schedule but no way they get to a superbowl.

Alright now that is out of the way lets see where our money is going.

Indianapolis to defeat Jets but no bet (interested to see if White plays and if he does can he back up his debut effort).
Houston to defeat Miami but no bet )is there a reason why betting has been suspended in this match?)
Dallas to defeat Denver but no bet
Baltimore @ $1.93 giving Minnesota 6.5 points start
New England @ $1.50 to defeat Carolina
Cincinnati @ $1.74 to defeat Cleveland 
New Orleans to defeat Atlanta but no bet
Buffalo to defeat Jacksonville but no bet
Las Vegas @ $1.63 to defeat New York Giants
Los Angeles Chargers @ $1.75 to defeat Philadelphia
Kansas City to defeat Green Bay but definitely no bet (that $3.66 for the Packers to win looks enticing)
Arizona @$1.85 to defeat San Francisco
Los Angeles Rams to defeat Tennessee but no bet
Pittsburgh @ $1.36 to defeat Chicago

Take all the selections here as our winners for the record.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 9:46am
The Raiders lose Henry Ruggs who’s likely to face a life sentence in the slammer after killing a person whilst drunk driving. Apparently doing 250km/h at the time of the accident Shocked
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:25am
2 to 20 years.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 10:31am
Given the details I’ve heard so far it will be closer to the top end that’s for sure 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
"I thought you were going to hop on the Cowboys bandwagon jj."

possibly the last team I would ever follow.  Thumbs Down

The hypocrite who owns them, turns my stomach...even if his initials are JJ...Ermm 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 9:06pm
"Kansas City to defeat Green Bay but definitely no bet (that $3.66 for the Packers to win looks enticing)"

You never know...  Davante Adams and Allen Lazard are back and Jordan Love has something to prove.

Kansas have one of the worst defences, too.

Crossing my fingers and looking forward to watching it on my big screen at Star.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 10:35am

Fact check: 6 of Aaron Rodgers' false and misleading claims about COVID-19 vaccine

Rodgers described himself as not "some sort of anti-vax, flat-earther" but rather "a critical thinker." He referenced the "woke mob" and a "witch hunt" against those who are unvaccinated. And he offered his opinion on a variety of issues related to the pandemic and personal health.

His comments were riddled with debunked claims.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/11/05/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-vaccine-pat-mcafee/6301654001/

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 11:01am
Is taking your medical advice from Joe Rogan better or worse than from Alan Jones?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 2:25am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Fact check: 6 of Aaron Rodgers' false and misleading claims about COVID-19 vaccine

Rodgers described himself as not "some sort of anti-vax, flat-earther" but rather "a critical thinker." He referenced the "woke mob" and a "witch hunt" against those who are unvaccinated. And he offered his opinion on a variety of issues related to the pandemic and personal health.

His comments were riddled with debunked claims.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2021/11/05/aaron-rodgers-green-bay-packers-vaccine-pat-mcafee/6301654001/

He's lost sponsorships, after his ridiculous interview...also the respect of a lot of us supposed 'woke' people, who believe in vaccination and sanity...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
this is painful to watch.

If it wasn't for the defense, heaven knows what the score would be.

Love looks like a schoolkid, thrown into the deep end. The special teams are just plain incompetent. 

Makes one ready to forgive Rodgers, even for murder. 

Unhappy
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

I thought you were going to hop on the Cowboys bandwagon jj. I can not believe the ESPN idiots who were salivating over a 4 point win over the Vikings. Yes they won without Dak, but they beat the Vikings who are struggling to get to 9-8. 

Come back and see me when they have played Tampa Bay, Arizona, or the lethal defense of the Bills. The Cowboys will be near the top two seeds with their schedule but no way they get to a superbowl.

Alright now that is out of the way lets see where our money is going.

Indianapolis to defeat Jets but no bet (interested to see if White plays and if he does can he back up his debut effort).
Houston to defeat Miami but no bet )is there a reason why betting has been suspended in this match?)
Dallas to defeat Denver but no bet
Baltimore @ $1.93 giving Minnesota 6.5 points start
New England @ $1.50 to defeat Carolina
Cincinnati @ $1.74 to defeat Cleveland 
New Orleans to defeat Atlanta but no bet
Buffalo to defeat Jacksonville but no bet
Las Vegas @ $1.63 to defeat New York Giants
Los Angeles Chargers @ $1.75 to defeat Philadelphia
Kansas City to defeat Green Bay but definitely no bet (that $3.66 for the Packers to win looks enticing)
Arizona @$1.85 to defeat San Francisco
Los Angeles Rams to defeat Tennessee but no bet
Pittsburgh @ $1.36 to defeat Chicago

Take all the selections here as our winners for the record.

Voyager - every punter puts in at least one shocker in a season of footy. Think you have just had yours. Onward & upward Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
Bears absolutely robbed by poor refereeing.  Those who took the shorts about the Steelers can thank their lucky stars.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 5:00pm
Bills underwhelming.

Don't tell me old man Brady is going to win the Super Bowl again.Confused

Simon Cameron

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:19pm
I okay have calmed down so lets see what Week 9 told us.

It told us or at least reaffirmed that if any team enters a match complacent they will be beaten.

It showed us that some improvers this season, think that they are good enough to feel complacent, and they were shown they are not.

How bout dem Cowboys? No Superbowl winning talk this Monday after they were completely obliterated by a lacklustre Denver team. Back to normalcy. 

A couple of the divisions could potentially have all four teams involved in the playoffs.

And finally if Tony Corrente ever refs a NFL match again, after that corrupt, yes I said it, corrupt effort in the Pittsburgh-Chicago match, then the NFL are kidding themselves.

Week 9 MVP Award: This was a very tough week to select a winner. We saw Bridgewater execute a great offensive effort for a team which had no offensive weapons before this week. The whole Patriots defensive unit was huge to make the Panthers offense look inept. Adrian Peterson showed that the Titans might not miss King Henry as much as they may have and when he returns they will be having a dynamic one two offense. But I have gone to the Battle of Ohio to come up with this weeks MVP player and that is Baker Mayfield. Much maligned and under enormous pressure from outside the franchise due to Odell Beckham Jr's father sticking his nose into something that has nothing to do with him (f#$king parents who stick their noses into their child's career), he had to get the naysayers off his back. Up against a rival, who were actually in form, and despite two touchdowns by the special teams and defensive units, he led his team to a huge win which the Browns needed. It was a good performance which showed why he is a person that the Browns should have faith in his abilities.

Week 9 Best Team Effort: Arizona showed their qualities with a stylish victory over a 49er's team who look like the injuries over the last four seasons that they have gone through is catching up with them. As stated above the Patriots defense was really good and there offense went well against a non-existent defense. And the Broncos were awesome against a Cowboys team who have obviously been reading the newspapers about them being a Superbowl team. However I have settled on Tennessee. The Titans were brilliant against a very effective team. The Rams are a high octane team, but with Matt Stafford looking like he was playing back at the Lions, and his offensive line obviously being owed money by Matt, because they were about as helpful as the guys in the Adam Sandler movie The Longest Yard when he was fixing the game, the Titans never looked like missing the explosiveness of Derek Henry. It was a performance which showed they can overcome obstacles to grab a win. 

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 8:30pm
Voyager, what’s your opinion of DeSean Jackson?
Joined the Raiders this week. 
I’ve seen him a few times over the years but Most of my NFL knowledge is based around my own team so it’s not that strong overall. I Watched his press conference today and he certainly presents well with a good resume.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2021 at 11:50pm
I think he is a good pick up Shrunk but I think they will miss Ruggs.

He is still fast at 35, he moves well and is a deep threat but he can run routes which helps Derek Carr in isolating open receivers.

For the Rams he was usually the guy to get them that 3rd or 4th down conversion, and so while he is averaging 27.8 yards a catch he has the potential to gain more if the Raiders use him as the go to deep threat. 

VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:28am
Alright lets see where our money is going for Week 10 and lets hope the teams with good records show up this week.

Baltimore @ $1.91 giving Miami 7.5 points start
Indianapolis to defeat Jacksonville, but not bet (10.5 start for the Jags looks enticing)
Cleveland @ $2.13 to defeat New England
Dallas to defeat Atlanta but no bet
Buffalo @ $1.90 giving NY Jets 12 point start
Tennessee @ $1.65 to defeat New Orleans
Tampa Bay @ $1.86 giving Washington 9.5 point start
Pittsburgh @ $1.90 giving Detroit 8.5 point start
L.A Chargers @ $1.55 to defeat Minnesota
Arizona to defeat Carolina but no bet
Seattle @ $1.86 getting 3.5 point start from Green Bay
Kansas City to defeat Las Vegas but no bet ( I think LV can get close so the 2.5 line is not a bad bet)
LA Rams @$1.87 giving San Francisco 4 point start.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:39am
Okay oneone lets see if I can at least get the winners this week. Before Wek 10 I am at 87 from 137 games.

Baltimore
Indianapolis
Cleveland
Dallas
Buffalo
Tennessee
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
L.A.Chargers
Arizona
Green Bay
Kansas City
L.A.Rams
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:30am
Cam Newton back at the Panthers, signed on a 1 year $10 million deal.  Good signing given he's a known entity for them.

Some talk of OBJ landing at KC, wow imagine Mahomes with Kelce, Hill and OBJ as his top 3 targets, plus Josh Gordon is on the roster so if they could get him to play some way toward his potential they could be a scary prospect as a wild card team in the play offs!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 2:09pm

yet you pick GB to win.

God will be back in control, from all reports, so I think the margin will be more 10+.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Cam Newton back at the Panthers, signed on a 1 year $10 million deal.  Good signing given he's a known entity for them.

Some talk of OBJ landing at KC, wow imagine Mahomes with Kelce, Hill and OBJ as his top 3 targets, plus Josh Gordon is on the roster so if they could get him to play some way toward his potential they could be a scary prospect as a wild card team in the play offs!

A good move for the Panthers. They've been in no man's land since he left.

OBJ has gone to the Rams. Very happy not to see the over-hyped attention-seeker at Green Bay.

Kansas has enough fire-power. They just need to connect with Mahomes. 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 3:24pm
The Rams sure have gone all in on this season, they've presently only got 4 picks in the 2022 draft, the highest a 3rd round compensatory pick, they are forecast to receive 5 compensatory picks in addition to these, 1 4th rounder and 4 x 6th rounders.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

yet you pick GB to win.

God will be back in control, from all reports, so I think the margin will be more 10+.

This is the problem with these comps jj, I made my selection before it was confirmed that The Bearded One, was confirmed as a starter. 

I thought it would be close without Rodgers, because of there inability to score with Love in charge, but I thought Green Bay would win by 3.

I would be absolutely stunned if the Packers are not, know, giving Seattle at least a touchdown start even with Russell Wilson back for the underperforming Seahawks. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:14pm
Even the Dolphins are winning now Confused
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:15pm
Seeing that Offensive tackle thinking he could score was one of the more amusing incidents today.

The Miami defence was terrific although I worry for Lamar when his offensive line is as bad as they are.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:28pm
 take Mark Andrews out of Baltimore and what is left?

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
When Lamar is stopped as today there is not much else I agree
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

yet you pick GB to win.

A-Rod had an ordinary game, but the Packer defense was magnificent. It was once the worst in the NFL, but now they are playing man-on-man, rather than zone, and looking the goods. Even Kevin King. 

Metcalfe's meltdown in the fourth was reminiscent of an OBJ tantrum. He turned on a 'blue' and may still pay a further price. 

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 4:14pm
 Kansas came back with a bang...or is LV a basket case, with Gruden's departure and Ruggs' dramas destabilising the rest of the team?

They looked terrible.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Not only did they look terrible they WERE terrible. LOL

Tactically it was a bizarre approach today 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 20>