Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:26pm
 Gruden gone, amid some pretty disgusting e-mail revelations.

What a pig of a man...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 2:45pm
I’ve tried to find the complete transcripts and hadn’t succeeded as of last night.
Are they anywhere?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:08pm

The coach, who signed a 10-year, $100 million ($A136m) deal with the Raiders to return to the NFL in 2018, reportedly called for Eric Reid, a key character in the national anthem protests, to be fired. On top of that, he reportedly questioned the league’s concussion protocols, and used offensive language to describe owners, coaches, and journalists in the league.

According to The New York Times, “Gruden exchanged emails with Allen and other men that included photos of women wearing only bikini bottoms, including one photo of two Washington team cheerleaders.”

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:09pm

The Washington Football Team was fined $10 million and owner Dan Snyder stepped away from day-to-day operations earlier this year after an investigation found the organisation’s workplace to be “highly unprofessional”.

Barack Obama, Joe Biden, and Caitlyn Jenner were also included in the Gruden emails, which the league had sent to the Raiders.

“The league was on standby, waiting to see what Mark Davis (Raiders owner) would do,” ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported.

“Well, about two or three hours ago, Mark Davis arrived at the Raiders facility, asked to meet with Jon Gruden, and Jon Gruden is out in a development that I think everybody could see coming today from the moment The New York Times reported on those additional emails.”

Rich Bissacia will take over as the Raiders’ interim coach.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:14pm

Already under investigation by the NFL for a 2011 email in which he used a racial trope to criticize NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith, Gruden admitted Friday that he also used profane language to describe NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. According to The New York Times, however, Gruden's questionable conduct extended far beyond those comments, with Ken Belson and Katherine Rosman reporting Monday that the 58-year-old "casually and frequently unleashed misogynistic and homophobic language" to denigrate NFL peers from 2010 all the way to 2018, when he rejoined the Raiders.

La Canfora confirmed the contents of the reported emails. Gruden's initial comments regarding Smith, which first surfaced in a Wall Street Journal report and stemmed from a separate workplace investigation into Washington Football Team, are just one piece of a bigger issue at hand. The league was "waiting on the Raiders to take action," per La Canfora, and was prepared to "step in" if Las Vegas did not address the situation beyond public denouncement of Gruden's emails.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:21pm
 wow...how many games have been controversial, this week...?

kickers missing, causing drama...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:24pm
The NFL coach Jon Gruden used misogynistic and homophobic language for years, a review of his emails shows. He denounced the emergence of women referees, the drafting of a gay player and the tolerance of protests during the national anthem. https://
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:25pm
A reminder, as if anyone needs it, that Colin Kaepernick has been permanently blacklisted from employment with any NFL team for the egregious act of…kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality against Black people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:26pm
To be clear, the NFL thinks it is worse for a Black man to kneel during the national anthem in peaceful, quiet protest against mistreatment of Black people than it is for a white man to send multiple derogatory emails against Blacks and homosexuals. Shameful.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:51pm
Gruden must answer for a slew of hateful messages sent over several years. The Gruden email saga is no longer just about racism. He has been exposed for making homophobic and misogynistic comments, too. In emails that included longtime friend and former colleague Bruce Allen — who at the time was president of the organization now known as the Washington Football Team — Gruden had disparaging words about nearly every progressive thing that has occurred in the NFL over the past decade.
He denigrated the historic draft selection of the openly gay Michael Sam, the addition of female referees and the player protests of racial inequality and police brutality during the national anthem. He exchanged emails with Allen and others that included lewd photos of women. 

Don’t feel sorry for him, though. Don’t dare. No one ever wants their worst private comments brought to light, but as a public figure who became wealthy presenting himself as a steward of the game, Gruden must be held accountable now that he has been revealed as fraudulent and full of deplorable viewpoints.

There is no way for him to rationalize getting caught several years later. It was bad enough that his 2011 comments questioning Smith’s intelligence and mocking his lips became public. He tried to explain it away by declaring he didn’t have a “racist bone” — nor a “blade of racism” — in his body. He thought he could combat the controversy with an obligatory apology and a whole lot of dismissive Chucky facial expressions.

Has Gruden scanned his bones for homophobia yet? For sexism? For stupidity in leaving a virtual paper trail of the worst of himself? It’s shocking how quickly his career fell apart — and for reasons that we had no clue about until a few days ago. On Friday morning, he awoke as the coach of a 3-1 team that seemed in a good place to start his fourth season back with the Raiders. By Monday night, he was gone in the most shameful fashion.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 3:53pm

In trying to defend himself over the weekend, Gruden didn’t address anything — not specifically, not thoughtfully. He tried to escape the controversy without asking much of himself. He made his “I’m not racist” play, knowing that most people prefer not to linger in uncomfortable discussions and figuring that he could define, on his terms, a concept as incalculable as racism.

There is no rubric to determine how racist you are. There is no meter to measure it. And racism is not a pass/fail proposition. It’s not as simple as either you are or you aren’t. Gruden pointed to his track record and sought immediate absolution, even though we were still processing the vile thing he wrote.

It’s embarrassing how many people bought his tired explanation and wanted to move on. The opportunity existed to lift the conversation from trashy gossip to a meaningful societal lesson. But that would have required sincerity from Gruden, who was only interested in controlling the damage and focused on keeping the rest from coming out.

Now it’s all out. Gruden doesn’t have a problem with racism. His conflict includes a whole lot of “-isms.” He will be known not just as the coach who led the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to their first Super Bowl title, not just as an offensive innovator during his prime and not just as a compelling former “Monday Night Football” color analyst. He’s also a man who had it all, who lived a privileged football life, and then threw it all away because he couldn’t resist writing vile and belittling things, trying to be the guardian of an old game growing more inclusive.

All genres of bias are like a spectrum. It means everyone possesses some level of insensitivity, and those who live without acknowledging it are destined to do something stupid eventually.

Ignorance cost Gruden more than his job with the Raiders. It cost him his place in football. What a sad, despicable way to go.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

A reminder, as if anyone needs it, that Colin Kaepernick has been permanently blacklisted from employment with any NFL team for the egregious act of…kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality against Black people.
Been hopeless for years anyway. He knew his time was up - nothing to lose making a scene. NRL should have done similar with Addo & his mates. They get their way - & still don't sing the Anthem Confused
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:37pm
 why should they have to sing the anthem?

it's a free country, last I heard.

Heaven knows why it's played at SOO or ordinary games. 

Should be reserved for test matches...you know, those matches which don't exist anymore...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:39pm
people soon reveal their real character, commenting something like Oneone just did.

Racism is rife...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 4:46pm
Don't care what you think JJ. I have no issue one on one with anyone.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:03pm
The races was the first place I can remember being annoyed by the playing of the national anthem at a domestic event. Was it always played at the footy back in the day?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:14pm
I can remember it being played in movie theatres as a kid
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Jeez, that’s a very bad defence.
that’s what all the racists say.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The races was the first place I can remember being annoyed by the playing of the national anthem at a domestic event. Was it always played at the footy back in the day?
Do the Indigenous Welcome to Country Ceremonies "annoy" you Tlazz ? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Don't care what you think either Rusty LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:23pm
Yes because that's tokenistic bullsh1t. Welcome to your country, which my ancestors stole from your ancestors. And by the way, you're not getting it back. So do your little dance then f*ck off my property.

Now don't we all feel warm and fuzzy? I know I do.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:25pm
Thanks. Then we agree on that one then
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:29pm
Oh, I suppose it's not doing any harm if the blackfellas enjoy it. I know I wouldn't if I was a blackfella, for the reason given above. Did blackfellas push for it or whiteys?

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:34pm
90/10 types most probably 
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 5:46pm

Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Don't care what you think either Rusty LOL
Jeez, talk about digging a hole…..
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:01pm
 hope Oneone has deleted all his e-mails...

Ermm
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:49pm
On the actual football, a crazy game today. Indianapolis looked to be causing a massive upset (admittedly because of Baltimore errors) only for Lamar to engineer 2 touchdowns both then with 2 point conversions to tie the game.

Indy then missed a makeable field goal for the win and Jackson continued on his late display to a touchdown for victory in OT.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:56pm
Was pressed-ganged into gardening but wasn't too concerned as I thought the Colts had it in the bag.

And have clearly missed a fantastic finish, albeit not one I was hoping for.  Ouch

See the two QB's threw for a total combined yardage of 844 yards.  That'd surely have to be some kind of record.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 6:58pm
 thank heavens for Mark Andrews reliability...

and all those fantasy points.

Clap
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2021 at 7:02pm
 there should be a possessive apostrophe after Andrews...I think.

I'm drinking chocolate Baileys to help me get over pneumonitis...

it's better than any cough syrup...

Hic...Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 20>