Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

NFL 2021/2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:36pm
Who is this Packer bloke I read about, has James Packer gone to the US to play grid iron ?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 11:38pm
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

This thread started in July this year and I was wondering why there is such interest in US football this year , so I looked to see if there were similar threads for the 2020 and 2019 seasons and drew a blank. 
Could it be that some dude from Sydney has made his way to the US and has received a multi million dollar signing on fee from a hitherto unknown team over there ?Wink

Bobby, there has been an annual NFL thread in here for around 7-8 years, possibly longer.

It peaked maybe 5 years ago there was a few users who were knowledgeable on the game around here, including one who was a Washington fan and quite knowledgeable on the game, I've forgotten his username.

Veterans of the TBV NFL scene may even remember former forumer James Bond Esquire regaling us with tales of how he would have been an NFL QB if he were a US citizen. LOL

I doubt most Australians take more then a passing interest in Jordan Mailata's contract, although you may not realise he is already into his 4th season in the league, having been drafted in the 2018 draft 7th round as a project player by the Eagles.  He has a few compatriots around the league, Michael Dickson, a punter for Seattle, who generated some headlines last season himself, Cameron Johnston, a punter for Houston, Arryn Siposs, another punter and teammate of Mailata, Mark Wishnowsky, a punter for San Francisco and Adam Gotsis, a defensive end for Jacksonville and with an impressive story in his own rights, growing up in Melbourne he gave the game a go with a team in Melbourne and was eventually recruited by a US college, he went through the college system, eventually drafted by the Denver Broncos in the 2nd round of the 2016 draft.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:15am
It is a great game - I enjoy both NFL & College. More structure in the NFL vs College - that can be both good & bad. Like a game of chess with live pieces all charged with doing a job. Not for everyone i know - however an acquired taste for many that give it a go. The way its promoted makes our major footy codes look like a mickey mouse parade LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

It is a great game - I enjoy both NFL & College. More structure in the NFL vs College - that can be both good & bad. Like a game of chess with live pieces all charged with doing a job. Not for everyone i know - however an acquired taste for many that give it a go. The way its promoted makes our major footy codes look like a mickey mouse parade LOL

In saying that the over the top way some of those highlight & review show presenters carry on is embarrassing 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:21am
Mailata spent years learning the game. Not like the NRL stars who get the idea while playing Madden on their Xbox that they fancy themselves as NFL stars, fly in, fail, fly out.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:23am
Love how they told him he was too skinny at 140kg and sen5 him to maccas to put on another 20LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:35am
Interesting. Just learned that left tackles get paid much more than right tackles.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:46am

This thread started in July this year and I was wondering why there is such interest in US football this year , so I looked to see if there were similar threads for the 2020 and 2019 seasons and drew a blank. 
Could it be that some dude from Sydney has made his way to the US and has received a multi million dollar signing on fee from a hitherto unknown team over there ?Wink

gee, Bob...you didn't look too hard.

We've been doing Yank footy for yonks...

Afros...I had forgotten about James Bond esq.  That was an hilarious year. Almost worth re-living it. 

LOL
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Interesting. Just learned that left tackles get paid much more than right tackles.

and WR's earn more than TE's. 

Kelce should be paid double.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:50am

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:51am

Well essentially the left tackle has the job of protecting the team's most important player, ie the quarterback, indicating his own importance and increased salary.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:56am
...based on the QB being right handed.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 10:59am
 but right tackle protects the blind side...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:01am
 left tackle usually protects the blind side...

I'm half-asleep...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:07am

But not that much difference among the top left and right tackles.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tackle/

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:11am
"I’m looking at a list of the least sacked quarterbacks, and NONE of them is a guy known for being fast or elusive. Which just goes to show that the best way to avoid sacks is NOT to scramble- it’s to make fast reads and to get rid of the ball in a hurry. It’s about making smart, quick decisions and quick throws, not about running."

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 11:22am

"I’m looking at a list of the least sacked quarterbacks, and NONE of them is a guy known for being fast or elusive. Which just goes to show that the best way to avoid sacks is NOT to scramble- it’s to make fast reads and to get rid of the ball in a hurry. It’s about making smart, quick decisions and quick throws, not about running."

I used to love counting how often Eli Manning got sacked.

LOL

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

You did not look very hard Bob

Were those threads started on Joffs All Sports Bar or on All Sports or Public Forums ?
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 3:35pm
Joffs
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

In saying that the over the top way some of those highlight & review show presenters carry on is embarrassing 
You get the impression competition is pretty strong re a presenters role - so need to try to stand out a bit I suppose. Couldn't see Mal Meninga getting a gig over there LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2021 at 5:44pm
It’s a constant battle to see who can out scream and “animate” each other with ridiculous humour 
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:15am
Alright we have had two sensational weeks of play so lets see if it can continue this week.

Carolina to defeat Houston, but no bet.
Arizona @$1.94 giving Jacksonville 7.5points start
Tennessee to defeat Indianapolis but no bet
Baltimore @$1.84 giving Detroit 7.5 points start
Buffalo @$1.90 giving Washington 7 points start
New England @$1.64 to defeat New Orleans
Kansas City @$1.31 to defeat LA Chargers
Cleveland @$1.90 giving Chicago 7 points start
Pittsburgh @$1,54 to defeat Cincinnati
Atlanta to defeat New York Giants but no bet
Las Vegas Raiders @$1.95 giving Miami 4.5 points start
Denver to defeat New York Giants but no bet
Tampa Bay @$1.81 to defeat LA Rams
Seattle @$1.76 to defeat Minnesota
San Francisco @$1.56 to defeat Green Bay
Dallas @$1.94 giving Philadelphia 3.5 points start.

Multi.

Arizona $1.94
Baltimore $1.84
Kansas City $1.31
Pittsburgh $1.54
Buffalo $1.90

Total = $14.16.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 4:28am
Week Winners Tally = 19/32

Week 3.

Carolina
Cleveland
Arizona
Kansas City
Buffalo
Tennessee
Pittsburgh
New England
Atlanta
Baltimore
Las Vegas
Denver
Tampa Bay
Seattle
San Francisco
Dallas
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 7:41am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

gee, Bob...you didn't look too hard.

We've been doing Yank footy for yonks...

Afros...I had forgotten about James Bond esq.  That was an hilarious year. Almost worth re-living it. 

LOL

It would be good to revisit the entertaining parts of JBE's game but the other parts that come with it make it not worth considering LOL

The guy did have some writing talent to be fair, remember his stories of the Easter fishing trips with his wife, family and tag alongs that painted him as the alpha male of his area, starting with weeks and weeks of build up into the crescendo of the story of the weekend itself.

I guess it would be easy to track him down, just look for chook pens in Toorak?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:20pm
 yeah. Good stuff.

There's a lot of swearing going on in my place, at present, with McCaffery ruled out of the Panthers/ Houston game, with a hamstring.

He's the mainstay of about 80% of my fantasy leagues. I'm going to need Tyreek Hill, Alvin Kamara and Davante Adams to produce big numbers, to compensate. 

Cry

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 3:51pm
 a dud of a game. Houston might have a worse defence than ours, but the Panthers didn't take full advantage of it. Should have won by another three TD's. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:33pm
The last 2 drives by both QBs was amazing. What a finish
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:34pm
 old man, Mason Crosby...a hero again.

Those drives were crazy...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2021 at 3:35pm
 a big 'Whew', from me.

HeartHug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 20>