Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

MURDER__SUICIDE - Event Date: 21 Feb 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:10am
i like his posts Isaac
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

How and why does whale get away with his VERY VILE personal attacks?

He should be banned.
No wonder tbv loses patronage.

How does untouchable Macca get away with treats of violence, his current target being AA ?
Not a good look for TBV
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

How and why does whale get away with his VERY VILE personal attacks?

He should be banned.
No wonder tbv loses patronage.

How does untouchable Macca get away with treats  threats of violence, his current target being AA ?
Not a good look for TBV
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

i like his posts Isaac
that would say more about you marble.
sadly....
and society in general.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:32am
violence on tbv
how quaint...
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:35am
Max sounds like he went through a fair bit, and he chose to be peaceful.
He didnt harm anyone.

I think the point he is making, is that he was so on edge, in a bad situation, he didnt even trust his own brain at the time. But he survived it to be a peaceful person.
The point he is making is some people are simply abusive, or some men are actually driven to insanity.
Both possibilities exist. That is simply a fact.

I applaud Max for choosing peace.
Whale has every right to express.

Nobody is saying violence is good. We all know it isnt and we all know that safety measures for both men and women need to be implemented.
If some good can come out of this horrific event, then that is great.
Its been said that more men are already calling the Respect phone number, since the event, to prevent themselves doing the unthinkable.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:35am
That's the way Isaac, preach ''be better'' by attacking someone else. LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That's the way Isaac, preach ''be better'' by attacking someone else. LOL

PT your are sinking faster than the Titanic , by my observations .

Have you fallen under the "better Ignored" Influence.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:51am
Well maxie, I have never struck a woman in my life, and never thought one deserved a smack, so I am pretty happy where I sit.Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 9:58am
The events we discuss are Horrific , but a warning.

A big increase in serious attacks on women ( mainly ) domestic ( mainly ),
Is as sure as "Bob is your uncle" .    The Family unit means nothing these days, Too many evolving away from feminism , and Moral Values diminishing. . A Family Law and Legal profession that needs re structure.

Re Whale .. I've dealt with 1000's of Whale types, in my Professional career. Best ignored until they really need reducing to their true level.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 10:41am

Well maxie, I have never struck a woman in my life, and never thought one deserved a smack, so I am pretty happy where I sit.Thumbs Up

That's nice to hear you feel you are in the minority.

I do think 99% of Men have that quality.The 1% also bite their nails.

Because you lost the TRUMP premiership. Please don't change teams PT.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:00am
EAD
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 11:38am
If the personal abuse does not stop some members could be joining E and E on the sideline
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

It is interesting when i hear folk ridicule old ways. Are we anymore cohesive as a society than we were say 50 years ago ? I would say we are more divided & mixed up now than we have ever been. Upward & onward !

Hasn't changed a lot oneone ..   The long predictions of 50/60 years ago failed the Scientists ,    So , with No shame they re word their predictions and send them around again.
Look at Climate change . Coal , dairy products etc --- It's all on again .
HEY ,   We are heading to financial ruin , FOR WHAT..    What we do helps nil.     . This thread supports tunneled viewing .   sack Police who don't agree with first impressions.
Open Up and see the whole picture . We learn from the past , live for today and work on a very unpredictable future.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 1:58pm

This is nice to hear. But in all fairness, the past 4 years it was a physical impossibility for you to hit a woman PT, because you were too busy typing with both hands and maybe even both feet, on about 5 different Trump threads.  Thumbs Up
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:18pm
As predicted straight after the event, pretty obvious though it was, that fraud Bettina Arndt has jumped in with comments excusing the piece of sht, "he was driven to it " Dead
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:27pm
Many hidden posts due to total irrelevance to the topic Disapprove
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:32pm
This guy was an out and out control freak. Was he on steroids? He was in the right game. They are known to bring on depression and rage. He certainly wasn’t the right type to be on them, if he was.
The act of taking the life of his partner ( if you’re not with me, you’re nowhere) and even more so, the lives of 3 beautiful innocent children, makes him, to me, and to most in our society, one of the cruellest, most spiteful ego maniacs I’ve ever heard of.
Things aren’t going your way? Man up and deal with it, get help, get counselling, act like an adult. For whatever reasons, it’s overwhelmingly men who take this way of getting revenge. They know it’s the ultimate, never ending pain for a mother. Killing themselves and their kids. They know there is no deeper hurt, so that’s what they do.
How does society single out those people willing to go to such lengths to win, what is, in their fevered minds, the supreme contest?
The women often have a deep seated fear that their ex may do something drastic. But nothing can really be done until serious violence occurs. AVO’s aren’t worth the paper they’re written on, with someone capable of such an extreme act. Who does the woman reach out to? What can actually be done to prevent it?   Not much 🥺 you would have to literally pack up and disappear, what extreme lengths to go to, and how difficult.
Imagine the latent feeling of dread each time a potentially mentally unstable partner turns up to collect the kids for an allocated visit? What is it like until he brings them back? What a life.
No easy answers, but society need to get working on it
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:35pm

As predicted straight after the event, pretty obvious though it was, that fraud Bettina Arndt has jumped in with comments excusing the piece of sht, "he was driven to it " Dead

WITH RESPECT...   Don't you agree both sides of any event , should be examined closely with a view to an understanding of WHY , Contributing factors etc.
What has emerged For ( an INEXCUSABLE CRIME ) is :-   evidence that the Family and wife conspired to hasten the wife leaving her husband .
By aiding, financing, such things. a terrible reaction can follow.
AS Police were powerless early , No Physical violence or threats.
The happenings obviously were further inflamed by on line goading by the wife.
NO ONE , on here has supported what Baxter did .     But we have learnt some old sayings are worth taking notice of .
House/ encourage/aid a runaway from a Family, has you in grave danger.
Never underestimate anyone --- who can pull a trigger.
NO ONE is taking sides. He lost all support for what he did to the children.
His wife showed poor judgement in thinking she was running the show.
Without seeking legal advice and acting lawfully.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 4:54pm
Is the goading per se, her online post about trying to be strong and changing her life? A rather mild statement, unless you are dealing with a maniac? Personally I don’t think that provocative at all, esp in this online day and age.
The woman had a bad marriage, they both knew it was not working. They lived together, they had a long relationship, she saw him with her, she saw him with the kids, she had come to the end of her tether, she knew him better than anyone, she desperately wanted out. She knew it wasn’t going to be easy. She went to her family and possibly close friends for help and security. No one can judge her for trying to get away, her only fault was under estimating him. Instead of running to her family for support, she should have run for the hills, and disappeared.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 5:06pm
Dot ..   You seem to know the family closely.

Speculation isn't the way Police investigations go.
Everything you wrote is hearsay or your guess.
She ran a gym --- was she on steroids .
Maybe her boyfriend was getting impatient. was he on steroids.
Sounds silly   aye --- Now read your post
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

This guy was an out and out control freak. Was he on steroids? He was in the right game. They are known to bring on depression and rage. He certainly wasn’t the right type to be on them, if he was.
The act of taking the life of his partner ( if you’re not with me, you’re nowhere) and even more so, the lives of 3 beautiful innocent children, makes him, to me, and to most in our society, one of the cruellest, most spiteful ego maniacs I’ve ever heard of.
Things aren’t going your way? Man up and deal with it, get help, get counselling, act like an adult. For whatever reasons, it’s overwhelmingly men who take this way of getting revenge. They know it’s the ultimate, never ending pain for a mother. Killing themselves and their kids. They know there is no deeper hurt, so that’s what they do.
How does society single out those people willing to go to such lengths to win, what is, in their fevered minds, the supreme contest?
The women often have a deep seated fear that their ex may do something drastic. But nothing can really be done until serious violence occurs. AVO’s aren’t worth the paper they’re written on, with someone capable of such an extreme act. Who does the woman reach out to? What can actually be done to prevent it?   Not much 🥺 you would have to literally pack up and disappear, what extreme lengths to go to, and how difficult.
Imagine the latent feeling of dread each time a potentially mentally unstable partner turns up to collect the kids for an allocated visit? What is it like until he brings them back? What a life.

I agree with this Sister Dot. I really dont know what we can realistically do to prevent this sort of tragedy though. Trouble is no government can legislate against and no police force can arrest someone on what they MIGHT do. Breaching an AVO means that an arrest can be made , but its not like the guy is going to be thrown in jail for a few months or anything! Ive known women who refuse to get an AVO because they believe it will set their nutcase ex off even more. Whats the solution? I have no idea!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

I agree with this Sister Dot. I really dont know what we can realistically do to prevent this sort of tragedy though. Trouble is no government can legislate against and no police force can arrest someone on what they MIGHT do. Breaching an AVO means that an arrest can be made , but its not like the guy is going to be thrown in jail for a few months or anything! Ive known women who refuse to get an AVO because they believe it will set their nutcase ex off even more. Whats the solution? I have no idea!

I'm surprised Baguette that you would go along with invented hearsay.
The man had never offended previously.
Push anyone too far and bad things happen.
Her mistake after their business failed and she wanted out was :-     See a Solicitor.    She chose to go it alone with Family encouragement and lost big time .
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:34pm
Macca, he had previously offended.  In fact the police say they had been to the house a couple of times previous to her leaving, for physical abuse of her.
Of course her family are going to help her !  Thats just crazy to say they shouldnt have.  Who else does one turn to if not your family when you are in dire straits and need help. 
As Dot says , the mistake she made was not running far far away. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 7:54pm
So rather than focus on the cure of a bad situation, focus on prevention. 

Prevention: Dont go on a 2nd date with a yob.

Done.

Thumbs Up

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:00pm
Macca is very careful not to say it but the implication in his words is clear, she brought it upon herself
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Macca, he had previously offended.  In fact the police say they had been to the house a couple of times previous to her leaving, for physical abuse of her.
Of course her family are going to help her !  Thats just crazy to say they shouldnt have.  Who else does one turn to if not your family when you are in dire straits and need help. 
As Dot says , the mistake she made was not running far far away. 

That is not correct AA....     If the Police Chief who was stood down and on going reports are correct.
If what you say is correct the Public would be blaming Police for inaction.
Even her Family said on ACurrent Affair ... He never physically touched her.   They said it was emotional torture .

Understand , he did offend after an AVO was put on him , breached same.
That was after He sought some custody ... But that was long after she left him and took his Kids , Car etc.

Bottom line is = It's Not POLICE fault .   No one is a winner.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2020 at 8:23pm

Macca is very careful not to say it but the implication in his words is clear, she brought it upon herself

Your changing the facts again Whale. Not so ... I'm saying a goading on line attracted action that contradicted what she wrote .

It is Public . Don't you people research what you write.

words like ....     I won't be stood over === I'm in charge of me , I'm not the victim anymore .

It is in earlier posts ......    can't you grasp what the Police Officer meant ... She pushed him too far... He was stood down. You can't accept facts.     
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2020 at 11:16pm
While this thread is too immotive, how do all the nuts in power, expect to improve a problem by avoiding , open tabling of all lead up information.
Removing Bettina Arnt's award will work wonders .   Like hell.
Politicians /Police Commissioners terrified things they think , no one wants to hear.
Ist step in anything lawless is to remove the cause .
Difficult if the powers are too terrified to table all the lead up happenings.
This type of horror crime is not new , it's getting worse. Will continue at an alarming rate.
If laws that make a marriage contracts ,invalid . are contributing. ACT.
If open access to sites encouraging infidelity , need tightening . ACT

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2020 at 7:12am

Yes, a man should have permanent possession of his property. It's outrageous these women leaving their masters without permission.

Edited by Gay3 - 25 Feb 2020 at 7:41am
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>