Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 3:11pm
The Libs are rotten at the top but a few have been culled. Hopefully there's some good people underneath. 
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 3:19pm
I think Morrison culled anyone with integrity.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 3:23pm
 that's the trouble.

now the NSW Libs are becoming hard to take.

Perrottet is a dribbling basket case at pressers. 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 4:21pm
Let’s see if Perrotet can outrun the Barilaro rort…..
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Seriously one of the most inept and corrupt governments I've seen in my somewhat short lifetime

Seriously one of the most inept and corrupt governments I've seen in my somewhat long lifetime....

I can't believe anyone keeps defending them. I hope they get their act together, because every nation needs two strong parties.

I think Albo's Army at least talks like human beings
Sure, given a bit of time, Elbow's mob should be given ever chance, let's see how it all turns out over time.  As an example a lot of racehorses show a lot of promise over 1200 metres but weaken badly over 1400 metres.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:14pm
Bob, you could well be talking about Abbott, Turnbull and Morrison in terms of that particular racing analogy.  Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2022 at 8:52pm
Jeez Bobbie, 
So atm, we got the Golden Slipper winner, showing every indication they’ll train on.

The previous mob would best be described as a 10yo gelding, that hasn’t won on the picnic circuit for 7 years……
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 10:45am
What is your test of success Bobby? That he becomes more right wing and in line with your view, or that he governs for more Australians that the previous mob?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 11:36am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Jeez Bobbie, 
So atm, we got the Golden Slipper winner, showing every indication they’ll train on.

The previous mob would best be described as a 10yo gelding, that hasn’t won on the picnic circuit for 7 years……
Turn it up, Elbow has been PM for a couple of months, to compare him to a Golden Slipper winner is over the top, I would think a maiden winner at Moe would be more appropriate., who ambitions, no doubt, are to win a Golden Slipper.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 2:29pm

Jeez Bobbie, 

LOLLOLLOL

I laughed so hard, I choked....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Jeez Bobbie, 

Turn it up, Elbow has been PM for a couple of months, to compare him to a Golden Slipper winner is over the top, I would think a maiden winner at Moe would be more appropriate., who ambitions, no doubt, are to win a Golden Slipper.
hahahaha.
So, at least we agree about where the former coalition government  sits……
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2022 at 7:14pm

Jeez Bobbie, So atm, we got the Golden Slipper winner, showing every indication they’ll train on.  The previous mob would best be described as a 10yo gelding, that hasn’t won on the picnic circuit for 7 years……

All I know is that Scummo was balloted out when he last accepted, so must have had a rock-bottom Rating for that to happen.  Wink
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 12:29pm

Scott Morrison secretly swore himself in as joint health minister when Covid-19 began to take off in March 2020, after concerns that by invoking emergency measures under biosecurity laws, he was ­effectively handing control of the country to Greg Hunt.

The then prime minister wanted to ensure that if his health minister was incapacitated by the virus, he could still administer the never-before-used emergency health powers, which could not be delegated, even to cabinet.

“I trust you, mate,” Morrison told Hunt, “but I’m swearing myself in as health minister, too.”

Such was the concern at the time, Morrison also appointed himself as joint finance minister with Mathias Cormann to ensure that two ministers had their hands on the purse strings as the government unleashed the largest fiscal stimulus in the nation’s history.

Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Jeez Bobbie, So atm, we got the Golden Slipper winner, showing every indication they’ll train on.  The previous mob would best be described as a 10yo gelding, that hasn’t won on the picnic circuit for 7 years……

All I know is that Scummo was balloted out when he last accepted, so must have had a rock-bottom Rating for that to happen.  Wink
Well I'm thinking Anthony has just hit a wet patch whilst taking a gap that was never there !
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2022 at 1:31pm

Sydney's stupidest building boom was born in a bonfire of regulation

For 20 years they’ve all been at it. The supply-and-demand-club - the Property Council, Urban Taskforce, developers and government - all frantically demanding more and more deregulation. And for whom? Oh, for us.

October 2016 then-treasurer Scott Morrison told the Urban Development Institute that loosening building laws to build higher, bigger and faster would help solve the housing crisis. Last October the Property Council screamed that “apartment red tape threatens affordability”. As recently as March this year the Urban Taskforce insisted that NSW should review its planning system to “remove red tape”. And in June, the Institute for Public Affairs welcomed “the Morrison government’s economic reform agenda to cut red tape”.

In effect they insisted that legitimising rubbish housing was the key to affordability. Developers, went the unstated theory, couldn’t be expected to do anything but gouge the market. To build anything affordable, therefore, they had essentially to
be subsidised - with dodgy materials, permissive planning, outsize buildings, suspect certification and professionals more flexible than your average yoga-mat. They had to be allowed to produce crap.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 9:34am

Scott Morrison ‘shocked’ minister by secretly swearing himself into cabinet portfolio

Barnaby Joyce has ripped former prime minister Scott Morrison over a secret move that “shocked” one of his own cabinet ministers.

Scott Morrison secretly swore himself in as resources minister and ultimately used the power to roll his own frontbencher, Keith Pitt, over a plan to drill for gas off the New South Wales coast.

In an extraordinary revelation, former deputy prime minister Barnaby Joyce has confirmed that Mr Pitt, then the resources minister, was “shocked” to learn in December of 2021 that Mr Morrison had been secretly sworn in as a second minister in his own portfolio.

The prime minister then used those powers to take steps to kill a controversial project off the NSW coast, where blue-ribbon seats were under threat from teal independents.

Mr Joyce told news.com.au that he only learned of the arrangement after what happened to Mr Pitt.

And he did not approve of what Mr Morrison did to assume the portfolio responsibilities.

“I do believe in a cabinet form of government, which means cabinet ministers have responsibility for their portfolio,” Mr Joyce said.

“I don’t believe in a presidential form of government.

“If you don’t like cabinet ministers, there’s a simple solution: you sack them.” more...

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/scott-morrison-shocked-minister-by-secretly-swearing-himself-into-cabinet-portfolio/news-story/ac7505f1648a335ccd01f88faf881086

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 9:46am
If you dont like who your own party pre-selects, just have a coup on your party and install your own candidates.
If you dont like what your Ministers are doing, swear yourself in and over-ride them.

His speech/sermon at Court's ''do'' in Perth was a great insight into how this dangerous goon operated.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 10:40am
 I can't believe people were deceived by him. 

But then again, there are people out in this world who love Trump and Boris Johnson. 

They could make a movie called 'The Three Brainless Buffoons'...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 11:03am
Also secretly swore himself into the Health and Finance Ministries 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 11:08am
Did Brian Houston take his oath?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 12:31pm
Jeez, I reckon all the swinging voters in the land will be demanding that Scomo be prosecuted for this!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Dont miss out rusty.

Reserve Bank interest rate cut just the beginning in moves to boost home loans

Its extraordinary to look back a few years. Scommo gets an upset win over Bonking Bill & the markets react by immediately cutting interest rates. Anthony & his Financial Advisor - Dim Jim - take the reigns & interest rates sky rocket at an unprecedented rate.

Deary me !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 1:04pm
Poor ol 1,1….

Doesn’t understand the difference between causation and correlation……
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 1:07pm
Probably didn't read the whole article. Deary me !

The bank is forecasting a tick up in economic growth from the present 2.3 per cent to 2.75 per cent by the end of the year and a fairly steady unemployment rate.

But here's the thing. He was keen to emphasise that those forecasts only applied if he cut rates twice this year — that's twice, before the end of the year.

He is planning to do it because the economy is weak, much weaker than his political masters suggested during the election campaign. Consumer spending is "unusually soft".

Over the past three years, household disposable income has increased at an average rate of just 2.75 per cent. This compares with an average of 6 per cent over the preceding decade.

As this period of weak income growth has persisted, it has become harder for households to dismiss it as just a temporary development — as something that will pass quickly. The lower rate of income growth has also made it harder for households to pay down debt. The end result has been that many people have decided to adjust their spending plans.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 1:09pm
Bearing in mind that effects of Monetary Policy has a lag of up to 2 years.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Also secretly swore himself into the Health and Finance Ministries 

We all knew he was unprincipled and un truthful, but now finally exposed as the authoritarian demagogue he always was.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 3:02pm
Funnily enough, no smug press conferences where he denies or defends……
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 3:35pm
All this swearing in stuff is a bit of a storm in a tea cup. 

GG has confirmed it was totally by the Constitution (quoted some clause) - & the reason for doing so was reasonable. That is, at the time with the Covid scare, it was important to have all bases covered if a critical Minister got crook.

Next.....

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 3:39pm
I would have thought we would want our PM to take responsibility in such tough times. Bloke cant seem to win whichever way he goes
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2022 at 3:43pm
If it was such a reasonable step, why didn’t he announce it?

Why did he keep it secret from the ministers of the portfolios???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 353354355356357 389>