Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:50pm
I reckon Clive will get a Senate seat - & do some damage in the lower housie with his preferences
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:53pm
I think he might get a few votes for being persistent. I mean after the cost vs pathetic performance last time most would run away & hide. Not Clive - in for a penny - in for a pound as they say.

Some people will give him credit for that

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

My predictions for the Morrison government. They will never produce a budget surplus and the government debt will blow out further.Tongue
Fair call that !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:01pm
Just realised I started this thread.

Far effort that - ranks right up there with "Folau" Thumbs Up
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:00pm
Prediction: After 9 years of chaos corruption and the worst debt and deficits in Australia's history, the incoming opposition will rediscover fiscal rectitude and make it their mantra.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Just realised I started this thread.

Far effort that - ranks right up there with "Folau" Thumbs Up

One of your best Clap
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 6:46pm
 Oneone...don't you encourage your children to think for themselves...?

My younger daughter rang on her way to vote and asked who should she vote for.  I answered: "Since when have I ever told you who to vote for?"   She answered: "Never. But you probably know the best person to vote for to make sure it doesn't favour Morrison, even with preferences..."  

At our polling booth, I never saw anyone accept the Lib pamphlet, even for nearby Wentworth, who shared the voting spot. Allegra Spender could easily roll the Libs in Wentworth.

Can't wait for it to be over. At least those freaking ads have stopped. 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 7:32pm
I still think it’s a volatile electorate with the overall sentiment being “ a pox on both their houses” which means anything can happen. There’s still a lot of undecided people out there and most of those will break for the government. People don’t usually decide to change government a few days out from the election! Tomorrow we could have anything from a Labor landslide to Morrison back with an increased majority or anything in between and it wouldn’t surprise me . People are really fed up with our current crop of politicians with very good reason . I don’t even know who I’m voting for yet . So I don’t think anyone should be going the early crow!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:15pm
Still trying to teach the kids about preferential voting today, to help with their "imagine you have to govern an island" project.

I showed them the voting options for the election in our great brown land tomorrow.

Kid: "What's the Animal Justice Party?"

Me: "No idea. Something about animals having human rights or something."

Class: laughter

Me: All I know is they want to protect wild Australian horses called brumbies, and some people say we should get rid of the brumbies.

Kids: They're ok then. Who would kill a horse?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:16pm
 I agree we're all sick of the lot of them...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Still trying to teach the kids about preferential voting today, to help with their "imagine you have to govern an island" project.

I showed them the voting options for the election in our great brown land tomorrow.

Kid: "What's the Animal Justice Party?"

Me: "No idea. Something about animals having human rights or something."

Class: laughter

Me: All I know is they want to protect wild Australian horses called brumbies, and some people say we should get rid of the brumbies.

Kids: They're ok then. Who would kill a horse?

they got a number on my ballot paper...just for the brumby issue.
Clap

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:21pm
Me too, if I turn up tomorrow.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:24pm
I'm honestly thinking of not turning up tomorrow. Is there a fine or something, and if so, how much?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:26pm
 a week locked up in aa cell with Pauline Hanson and Clive Palmer...

Evil Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:32pm

ALP retains lead over the L-NP in the final week and set to win the Federal Election

The ALP has retained its lead over the L-NP in the final week of the election campaign and is set to win tomorrow’s Federal Election with a two-party preferred vote of ALP 53% cf. L-NP 47% - a swing of 4.5% points to the ALP since the 2019 Federal Election.

Roy Morgan continued interviewing throughout this week but there has been no evidence of a swing to the L-NP seen in previous weeks continuing during the final week of the campaign. In addition, of the 17.2 million Australians on the electoral roll, the AEC figures show that there are already over 7.3 million (42.7%) who have voted at a pre-poll location or who have requested or returned a postal vote.

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 8:32pm
I would genuinely love that! In fact I'd pay for it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 9:42pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:11pm

I'm honestly thinking of not turning up tomorrow. Is there a fine or something, and if so, how much?

If you have received a notice for not voting at the 2022 federal election and wish to pay the $20 administrative penalty, you can do so online using the Government EasyPay service.

If you are found to have voted in the election, or you provide a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, or pay the $20 administrative penalty within the prescribed time, the matter will be finalised and you will receive no further correspondence from the AEC regarding your apparent failure to vote.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:30pm
One of my sons got a $55 fine for not voting in council elections last December 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 10:34pm
It has been $55 for a while but the AEC Commissioner said the other day on ABC when asked what happens if you dont vote said it was a $20 fine that wouldn't be pursued too strongly.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:46pm
I read it to be, if you told them you had no intention to vote, there was a $20 admin fee.
With an unspecified cut off date, before you got fined $55 for not fronting.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"The biggest political pretender I have ever seen - & he still doesn't seem to get it !"

Who was the last Labor PM you voted for, swinger?Tongue

We literally walked around the corner an hour ago & voted - all 6 of us. My daughter is not very political & asked me am I voting Liberal "again" ? I just waved the yellow how to vote card at her - & she said "wasn't that the party Robert Menzies started" & preceded to show me a photo of him on the UAP website on her phone. For what its worth I took no notice of Clive's  card - 1 =UAP , 2 - = Poorleen ,3 = Liberal, 4 = ALP,  5 = I forget,  6 = Greens

Senate - 1 Animal Justice , 2 - Clive , 3 - Liberals.......forget rest (Greens & Climate Action mob no where)

Now i can get the popcorn ready

Geez just read that and thought I was reading JJ.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

One of my sons got a $55 fine for not voting in council elections last December 

Wow. And we're meant to vote? $55?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 11:56pm
If you are found to have voted in the election, or you provide a valid and sufficient reason for failing to vote, or pay the $20 administrative penalty within the prescribed time, the matter will be finalised and you will receive no further correspondence from the AEC regarding your apparent failure to vote.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 12:04am
Why the eff does anyone over the age of 25ish vote in Oz, then??? I mean I can remember when parking fines mattered...
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 12:39am

You shouldn’t have to. Why should people be forced to participate in an activity if they don’t want to? It’s totally counterproductive to force someone to engage in the political process of they have no interest in it. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 1:40am

Why the eff does anyone over the age of 25ish vote in Oz, then??? I mean I can remember when parking fines mattered...

perhaps some of us care what happens to the country...that's why we vote.

Lamp

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:03am
 just watched the 7 news interviews of Morrison and Albo. Albo completely nailed it. Morrison was just more of the same smug shyte. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:08am
Morrison on ABC now. No hello, just bulldozed straight into talking points and Labor putdowns.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 10:12am
that was the big difference on 7. Albo recognising people have had enough of the putdowns
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 340341342343344 389>