Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2021 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Porter has nothing to fear from Rape allegations , apart that some rumour mud sticks .

The Unfortunate young lady's Family accept and stated she had serious Psychiatric conditions.

I’ve avoided delving into this as it’s been the usual political game playing from the usual suspects but I was unaware of the families stance. I may have missed it being reported here previously but I suspect it was omitted for “convenience “
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 2:15am
Clear as Crystal ...   Well known from dozens of sources:-

Her life and death are a tragedy. Especially for her family, who have expressed concerns that, perhaps due to mental illness that included a bipolar disorder, she may have imagined the rape. They didn’t want Kate’s claims to go public.

And no one wants to add to their grief. Or the grief of former high school friends, though many of them appear to have lost contact with Kate for most if not all of the past 30 years.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:51am
So Porter formerly the country's chief law officer has chosen to resign rather than observe his own PM's code of conduct and declare a bag of cash corruptly dumped on his desk, choosing to keep the cash and not question the origin. 

That is his legacy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:56am
In 2016, Senator Sam Dastyari disclosed that a Chinese donor had paid some of his personal legal fees. Scott Morrison said Dastyari's conduct was "beyond explanation, beyond defense, and he should go".

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:03am
Is my memory right , that Mark Latham advertised for donations to pay legals over some matter =    NOT so long ago.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

In 2016, Senator Sam Dastyari disclosed that a Chinese donor had paid some of his personal legal fees. Scott Morrison said Dastyari's conduct was "beyond explanation, beyond defense, and he should go".

the balance of power is too close for captain smug to unload porter. Mud guts really needs a good marketing person to turn this and all the other disasters around
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:44am
I cannot stand partisans. They are shameless hypocritical supporters of everything their team does. And this forum is infested with them. A politician taking money from a secret source is indefensible - full stop.

If you are incapable of thinking clearly where someone on your team is involved, try substituting the name of someone on the other side into the same scenario, e.g.. Sam Dastayari/Bill Shorten took $1 million from a secret source and I have no problem with that.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 10:44am
Perhaps the funniest thing about this Porter business is that he is still claiming that he won against the ABC despite choosing to cease the litigation and receiving a grand total of $0 compensation. Whatever you say Christian! What a winner!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 11:18am
Do we know yet which came first...the civil action against the ABC or the million dollars to cover the costs?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 3:00pm
Acting Prime Mister Barnyard(let that sink in) to hold a press conferance at 1:00PM 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I cannot stand partisans. They are shameless hypocritical supporters of everything their team does. And this forum is infested with them. A politician taking money from a secret source is indefensible - full stop.

If you are incapable of thinking clearly where someone on your team is involved, try substituting the name of someone on the other side into the same scenario, e.g.. Sam Dastayari/Bill Shorten took $1 million from a secret source and I have no problem with that.

that makes two of us. Some days, I just don't comment, because I'm gob-smacked how people can justify illegalities, simply because they voted for that particular party.

Wrong is wrong.

No excuses.

Clap
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:39pm
Actually Sam Dastyari took $1670 and $44,000 and reported both payments properly. 

Looked bad and he quit the parliament. Dont recall anyone here shedding a tear for him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:40pm
Doc tried to make merry with it but failed because nobody supported Dastyari.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

that makes two of us. Some days, I just don't comment, because I'm gob-smacked how people can justify illegalities, simply because they voted for that particular party.

Wrong is wrong.

No excuses.

Clap
Well I don't think I'm that type Big smileLOLLOL I know Latrell's been a naughty naughty boy , but I'm enamoured Clap so being the naive barstardo I is ...where do i sit in the partisan stakes .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:49pm
I hate Souths.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 5:54pm

I hate Souths.
Least your honest. LOL
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 6:02pm
I see our acting PM has invited Porter back into the Ministry at a later time, no doubt where he could get up close and personal with the not dissimilarly disgraced rorter Bridget McKenzie who Joyce, given he doesn't begin understand the term "accountability", was quick to readmit to the fold.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:21pm

Simon Cameron

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 7:22pm

Wrong is wrong.

No excuses.

Clap
Did somebody say KFC?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:38pm
Entirely distant from this prick's view when Sam went down over $50k of Chinese cash.  The acting PM is clearly a Hypocrite writ large: 

Acting Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has defended Christian Porter's decision to remain in Parliament as a backbencher, saying he has not done anything illegal and is entitled to stay. 
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

France has spit the dummy and recalled Ambassadors in Canberra & Washington to France , parting words of bloke in Canberra "au revoir "Smile

I do not think Australia owes France a brass razoo, what has France done for Australia ?

In the First World War 46,000 Australians died on the battlefields of France defending France

In the early part of the Second World War many Australians, as part of the British Expeditionary Force, were killed in France fighting the Axis powers.

Australia Two : France Nil

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

I see our acting PM has invited Porter back into the Ministry at a later time, no doubt where he could get up close and personal with the not dissimilarly disgraced rorter Bridget McKenzie who Joyce, given he doesn't begin understand the term "accountability", was quick to readmit to the fold.
It could be argued that Porter should not have resigned, as he has no idea who contributed to the blind trust, and therefore could not be compromised at any time into the future by those contributors.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:02pm
It could also argued that’s it’s just not feasible that anyone wants to give him $500k, on the basis that he can never know who helped him out.
The mechanism seems contrived and reverse engineered, so that he could “claim” he didn’t know.

IF that’s correct, then he’s literally spent over $500k on legals, that he didn’t have.
Purely on the basis that someone he didn’t know was going to bail him out…..

I don’t think so.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:12pm
 No idea.LOL

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:16pm
Seriously, When is the Queen going to get involved ?
reductio ad absurdum
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

Wrong is wrong.

No excuses.

Clap
Did somebody say KFC?

Sums up tbv beautifully LOL

Edited by horlicks - 20 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2021 at 9:57pm
There is too much personal stuff getting back. Please stop

Edited by horlicks - 20 Sep 2021 at 9:58pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2021 at 12:00pm

Yes, just powered, same conventional weapons. Nuclear allows subs to stay underwater for much longer.

And they do not need to be "recharged " for years, not as that fool Adam Bandt, the only Greens member of the House of Representatives, suggested, " Australia would need nuclear reactors in Australian ports to "recharge" the submarines". When they need to be "recharged " surely the can go back to the USA where they have plenty of reactors.

Australia's only nuclear reactor is in Lucas Heights in Sydney and it produces isotopes for medical imaging and treatment and provides about 85% of the nuclear medicine in Australian hospitals and if Adam Bandt had his way he would close that wonderful facility down. 

The Greens live in fairy land, and unbelievably, attract about 10% of the vote at a federal election.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 1:06am
Well there you go.
Where there is smoke there is fire.....

Lithuania urges workers to throw away Chinese phones

Lithuania has urged many of its citizens to throw away their Chinese Huawei phones and avoid buying new ones over censorship concerns.

A European nation has urged its civil servants to bin their Chinese-made smartphones and avoid buying new ones after experts found they contained “worrying” automatic censorship software and other security flaws.

Lithuania’s defence ministry and National Cyber Security Centre tested 5G mobiles from Chinese manufacturers including Xiaomi and Huawei.

One popular device from Xiaomi – a company that sells more smartphones in the European Union than any other manufacturer – was discovered to be capable of detecting and blanking out the terms “Free Tibet”, “democratic movement” and “Long live Taiwan’s independence”.

It was sending information about its owners’ activities – including how long they spent using different apps – to a proprietary server in Singapore, beyond the reach of the EU’s strict data laws.The report also found a flaw in Huawei’s P40 5G phone, which put users at risk of cybersecurity breaches.

“The official Huawei application store AppGallery directs users to third-party e-stores where some of the applications have been assessed by antivirus programs as malicious or infected with viruses,” a joint statement by the Lithuanian Ministry of Defence and the National Cyber Security Centre said.

“The risks we are speaking about are real,” Lithuanian deputy defence Minister Margiris Abukevicius told AFP, describing the findings as “worrying”.

The Minister noted that around 200 public institutions in the Baltic state made use of Chinese-made devices and said the public sector as a whole “should not use” Chinese equipment.“Our recommendation is to not buy new Chinese phones, and to get rid of those already purchased as fast as reasonably possible.”

A Xiaomi spokeswoman told the BBC that its “devices do not censor communications to or from its users”.

“Xiaomi has never and will never restrict or block any personal behaviours of our smartphone users, such as searching, calling, web browsing or the use of third-party communication software.”As for Huawei, a spokesman also denied the claims, telling the BBC it abides by the laws and regulations of the countries where it operates, and prioritises cybersecurity and privacy.

“Data is never processed outside the Huawei device,” he said.

“AppGallery only collects and processes the data necessary to allow its customers to search, install and manage third-party apps, in the same way as other app stores.”

Huawei also performed security checks to ensure the user only downloads “apps which are safe”, he said.

The discovery comes amid tense relations between China and the European nation.

In May, Lithuania left China’s 17+1 co-operation forum with Central and Eastern Europe, calling it divisive.

In July, it agreed to let Taiwan open a representative office under its own name, prompting a pressure campaign by China which has sought to isolate the self-governing democratic island located in the South China Sea the international stage.Beijing halted freight trains to Lithuania and stopped issuing food export permits over the decision on Taiwan, which the communist government considers a territory awaiting reunification, by force if necessary.https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/security/lithuania-urges-workers-to-throw-away-chinese-phones/news-story/31fc8d14d387db3f04be6a58c6a0e4f3

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2021 at 8:24am
don't you like the china thread anymore Issaac?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 389>