Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Morrison Coalition Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 389>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:45pm
Very possibly so Bob: unfortunately for Australians of any stripe.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Despite the ABC predicting the political demise of Abetz because of his "demotion " on the Liberal 2022 Senate election ticket a few facts do not go astray.

In 2022 six of the twelve Tasmanian senators are up for re-election . Three ALP & three Liberals are up for re-election,  Jacqui Lambie and the two Green senators are not up for re-election until 2025.

If the status quo is maintained ( three ALP & three Liberals are elected )  Eric Abetz will be re-elected despite being third on the Liberal's ticket and in view of the recent re-election of the liberal state government he must have a very good chance of going back to Canberra.
Keep up Bob, he’s a victim!
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:55pm
Budget looking pretty good. Bring on an election i say. Sorry to all the haters out there who want to death ride Scomo - suck it up folks LOLLOLLOLLOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:58pm
Soon the better as well. Scomo needs another overseas holiday LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:17pm
Being described as a "hot chocolate" budget - love it ! LOLLOLLOLLOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:18pm
Lot of long faces on the ABC tonight 
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Despite the ABC predicting the political demise of Abetz because of his "demotion " on the Liberal 2022 Senate election ticket a few facts do not go astray.

In 2022 six of the twelve Tasmanian senators are up for re-election . Three ALP & three Liberals are up for re-election,  Jacqui Lambie and the two Green senators are not up for re-election until 2025.

If the status quo is maintained ( three ALP & three Liberals are elected )  Eric Abetz will be re-elected despite being third on the Liberal's ticket and in view of the recent re-election of the liberal state government he must have a very good chance of going back to Canberra.
Keep up Bob, he’s a victim!

As expected, it take you long  for you to come in with a snide remark. I was only stating facts, whether Abetz gets re-elected or not does not bother me in the least or whether he is a worthy member of parliament I will leave it up to others, without any political bias, to comment.
Rusty, you can sit that out.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:23am
Bob, I think his problem is his perceived loss of ''status'' as the leading and first picked Liberal from Tasmania. He is having trouble coming to grips with being 3rd dog in the littlest state and first gone if it is a Laborgeddon election..
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:19am
The Daily Murdoch, voice of Struggle Street, is a Jekyl and Hyde read on the Budget today. The front half might as well be Liberal Party advertising copy but at the back the economic commentators say it's garbage.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Bob, I think his problem is his perceived loss of ''status'' as the leading and first picked Liberal from Tasmania. He is having trouble coming to grips with being 3rd dog in the littlest state and first gone if it is a Laborgeddon election..

PT, I tend to agree with your summation , unlike Rusty , who attempted to make a political point about my prior post. Although we may disagree on our political leanings, at least you come to the table and offer reasonable arguments to support your beliefs, unlike some others.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:32am
Comment on Federal Budget.

A person earning $200,000 pa pays $67,097 tax, a person earning $50,000 pa pays $7,789 tax. 

The person earning $200,000 earns 4 times the income than a person earning $50,000 but pays 8.6 times as much tax. Where is the incentive for a person to earn as much income as they possibly can without being penalised so heavily by such an extra tax impost  ?

I know we have a progressive rate of income tax, but an income of  $200,000 today is not equivalent to that income of 10 years ago, but the tax rate has remained the same, bar a bit of minor tweaking.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:30pm
Not unlike TAB take-out rates Bob - have not stopped increasing since pussy was a kitten LOL
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:43pm
What's $50K look like for a salary.  I, like many women have never seen that figure on my pay check.  Yes I'm not on struggle street.  We saved and my husband had super so I'm a self funded retiree when I finally give up the bit of work I still do.  

But I have a daughter who can only work 20 hours a week due to husband with MS who is lucky to get one day a week in when he's well.  The hops you have to jump through to get help when things go bad is spectacular.  And with house cost's going through the roof I wonder how many others will never get a home of there own.

Now that is fine while you have two working etc.  Not so good if your by yourself with little or no super.  Rents also are not cheap.  You used to be able to go bush but hey even that is now getting pricy.  So I think no matter what the government does people will drop between the cracks.

The youngest generation may find house prices go down.  This generation if they do stumble onto the housing market are paying premium and if and when the interest rates go up.  More people in dire trouble.  How did it get so extreme!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:50pm
200k is probably not the sweet spot for PAYG battlers. They do get hit hard. I am sure that when they get to 500k they will have worked out enough rorts, fiddles, ducks and dives with their accountants and lawyers to significantly reduce the percentage they pay in tax.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

200k is probably not the sweet spot for PAYG battlers. They do get hit hard. I am sure that when they get to 500k they will have worked out enough rorts, fiddles, ducks and dives with their accountants and lawyers to significantly reduce the percentage they pay in tax.

Those '"rorts, fiddles, ducks and dives with their accountants and lawyers" are not what they once were, in fact any income over $180,000 is taxed at the same rate, whether a person earns 200K or 500K the percentage of tax they pay is the same.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:17pm
Only related rather than specific to the history of Coalition member sexual threats, tweets and alleged violence towards women, but here's just another NSW State Minister or member well and truly under the pump.  This bloke gets done and the NSW Govt is totally knackered with two on the cross benches already:

Police investigate NSW government MP Gareth Ward over allegations of sexual violence

Kiama MP and NSW government Minister Gareth Ward says he is under investigation over allegations of sexual violence dating back to 2013.

NSW Police this afternoon revealed it had established a strike force to investigate the claims.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:28pm
Scotty from marketing is a dangerous fool.

Let there be no accountability!

Appearing at a parliamentary inquiry on Thursday, crossbench senator Rex Patrick told Mr Hehir: “You’ll note that on that document there’s a yellow highlighted sentence… can I ask you to read that, please?”

The auditor-general then responded: “Senator, I’ve been advised that given that sentence is subject to a certificate issue by the Attorney-General I am prohibited from communicating that to you. It covers everyone here [at the audit office].” 

Senator Patrick the responded: “I can read it, everyone else in the public domain can read it, but you can’t.” 

Labor MP Julian Hill said the gag order was “nonsense” and a “tortuous lines of reasoning” for not allowing taxpayers to see how their dollars were being spent.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:35pm

Get it out of your system Rusty - few deep breaths - & move on pls. Considering you have at least another 4 years of Scommo your hate will just eat away at you.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:39pm
Typical of you 11: censuring the one quite correctly accusing the Government of a cover up rather than the Government for cover up in its own self-interest.  Dead
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 7:44pm
Sorry Second Chance. Its just that you know whenever Rusty comments on this thread he is giving it to Scommo. If Scommo does do something well - like firing up the economy or reducing unemployment - you wont get diddly out of him. Wonder why ?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:52pm
Damn that mongrel Rusty, fancy expecting openness and transparency from a democratically elected government, what kind of country does he think this is?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Sorry Second Chance. Its just that you know whenever Rusty comments on this thread he is giving it to Scommo. If Scommo does do something well - like firing up the economy or reducing unemployment - you wont get diddly out of him. Wonder why ?
Tell us again how he fired up the economy.
Please include the political commentary that preceded these decisions.

You do realise the success of the battle against COVID was entirely based on ignoring his strategy?

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 12:39pm
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:00pm
Scomo 2021 has gone the full Dan Andrews and thinks Scomo 2020 is a goose.Thumbs Up Keep those borders closed. Any outbreak is a national emergency.Shocked

Simon Cameron

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/upper-hunter-by-election-a-disastrous-result-for-labor/ar-AAKhmWh?ocid=BingHPC

something not quite right here - wheres my stop the steal cap? 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:55pm
The last time Labor won Upper Hunter was in 1907.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 1:59pm
about the same time since they had a surplus LOL
that is a long time between drinks
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:02pm
It will be more interesting to see how Labor and Joel Fitzgibbon goes in the federal election in October(?) A long time Labor member in a deep LNP area and he keeps surprising. Cops a lot from both sides though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

The last time Labor won Upper Hunter was in 1907.

Well the federal seat of Hunter, held by Joel Fitzgibbon, has been won by the ALP ( Labor ) since 1866, if he loses at the next election what will that tell you ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 2:47pm
That a Labor member defending the coal industry has caught up with him?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 389>