Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 5:03pm
Very droll Max.

Nowadays she'd probably suggest doubters, misogynists and sexists simply "engage in submissive coital congress".

I admire her up-front honesty, particularly when she bagged Maher/Eustace for dumping Linda Meech from Thought Of That hours before last year's Victoria Derby after winning on the gelding in the Norman Robinson Stakes in its pre-Derby finale.  

Particularly given Eustace was her boyfriend at the time.  Big smile
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm
Is that known gossip ?

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 5:26pm
Don't you mean "known fact" or alternatively "unconfirmed gossip?

However rest assured there was no gossip involved in my post.  Smile

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 6:19am
I think the only mistake Michelle has made was Eustace/boyfriend........if she was offered boxes at a Metro track I reckon she could kick a goal from halfway.......I'd give her a horse in a heartbeat.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:19am
As would I, Bonjour ??
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:19am
That was a thumbs up, not question marks.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:21am
Thumbs Up
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:22am
Why on earth would she want boxes at a metro track?
Her horses are thriving off the country environment, and in a few years no horses are going to be trained in the city’s anyway. Ballarat has the best facilities in the state by a mile anyway.
Wouldn’t want my horse trained anywhere else imo
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 12:28pm
Whilst I like what she is doing at the moment the big question will be what she does when she gets staying breds that are showing speed in trials and on the training track.

This is where the majority of Aussie trainers kiss up. 

reductio ad absurdum
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by SkyDancer SkyDancer wrote:

Why on earth would she want boxes at a metro track?
Her horses are thriving off the country environment, and in a few years no horses are going to be trained in the city’s anyway. Ballarat has the best facilities in the state by a mile anyway.
Wouldn’t want my horse trained anywhere else imo
Most of the big city successful stables have a country property to refresh/rejuvinate/invigorate their horses......pretrained in the country raced from city stables and when needs be taken back to their country retreat for a day or a week......best of both worlds, and it works.

If Michelle obtained say a 50 box barn at Flemington complimented by her Ballarat property she could kick some serious arse. I'd love to see her do that, maybe with an all girl outfit, strappers, vets, farriers, track riders and jocks...now, wouldn't that rile a misogynist or two?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 1:11pm
It would only create the impression of misandry, Bonjour. Perish the thought.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

It would only create the impression of misandry, Bonjour. Perish the thought.
Smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 3:54pm
She has 40 acres, set up to her own requirements & next to possibly the best training complex in Victoria, why would she feel the need to move anywhere?
This photo is over 2 years old with much added since.
The red squiggle indicates the uphill synthetic 1400m track.
Blue is the old hill track which is still used for variety.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:31pm
Leased or purchased from her brother?  I'd appears he owns about half of Miner's Rest.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm
..it'd appear...Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 4:38pm
There's money in jockeying, apparently.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:09pm
Patrick owns the paddocks between the vet clinic & Clunes Rd, nothing else up here. I believe he has 300 acres at Rockbank.

I guess dedication, success in Group races, astute property purchases, royalties from a book & a film made about her exploits, all add up
Big smile
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 5:11pm
All good, "hatch* is no doubt a very proud man.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm
A lot of great things came out of Hawera, Fury's Order, The Paynes, some of the best jockeys NZ ever enjoyed and the greenest grass you've seen in your life, there should be a monument to Paddy, his bloods worth bottling.
Good Old Ted View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Good Old Ted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 8:30pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Whilst I like what she is doing at the moment the big question will be what she does when she gets staying breds that are showing speed in trials and on the training track.

This is where the majority of Aussie trainers kiss up. 

My God, you are a clueless repetitive flog. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 9:33pm
I agree I am a repetitive flog but I refute being clueless.

You are more than welcome to prove me wrong Teddles.

reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 10:29pm
Bugger off Ted. djebel is one of the few valued members we have left here Smile
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2020 at 11:00pm
Yeah but he gets a bit old with his repetetive flog about gelding and stayers and Aussie trainers.   Big smile
animals before people.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 9:28am
Very interesting [and refreshing] to read Michelle doesn't start working her horses until 6-30am!!!!

Shame some lame brains can't follow her lead. I know of a trainer in BNE that starts in the stables at 2-30am.......shocking strike rate, horses are probably in twilight zone.

There should be a moratorium on hours tracks are open, the excuses make me sick.

Mitchell Beer too starts around 7-am........in winter it should be for everyones sake a rule of thumb, 5-30 earliest starts and summer 4am....

QLD we need the early starts in summer, but Michelle is spot on......she seems to have a handle on everything, maybe Michelle should take an office job......that of running VIC Racing......the flogs there are out of their league, go on Michelle, I reckon 80% of the industry would love to see you in a big leather chair, in a room with a view. #bestoutcomeforracing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 3:13pm
And rides/trains the 3100m winner at the 'Bool today.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 12:38pm
And another 2400m winner today.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:20pm
Maybe Djebel can be happy now!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm
Whilst she appears to be more successful with middle distance runners, there isn't enough data to be sure. The place return isn't that hot, so I think too early to judge.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Maybe Djebel can be happy now!

I have been happy with Payne for quite some time.

?
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Whilst she appears to be more successful with middle distance runners, there isn't enough data to be sure. The place return isn't that hot, so I think too early to judge.

Return on investment is huge over the last 12 months, particularly when you know (for the most part) not to have a penny on until hers get over 2000m or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56575859>