Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Michelle Payne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vain View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 9:20pm
I wonder what Bryan "Mumbles" Martin thought of the ride in view of his much publicised comments last week.
Keep them honest
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 10:20pm
He said on twitter he thought it was a great ride.

As awesome as social media can be, I must say I'm glad not to be a jockey.
therealkramer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therealkramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Off and racing Off and racing wrote:

How does Chad get rubbed out for a longer duration for something not even comparable then when Michelle only gets 20 absolute disgrace where is the consistency. Could have easily been another death. Where is the consistency, one of the worst incidents by Saturday metro races in a long time. Also Froggys ride to get Lankan in on Friday, I remember Nash getting quite a few weeks for less riding squmosa in the golden rose. These stewards are a disgrace make up your minds either let them knock them down or punish them harshly. All everyone wants is consistency. Not just hand out punishments based on how they are feeling when they get out of bed or who they pick to have a target on there back
Chad has more form than Michelle that's why there is a difference in the ban. Wasn't his last suspension for causing interference to Michelle? That's what you call a square up ladies and gentlemen
Air Seattle View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air Seattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 11:34pm
Chad was found guilty of improper riding. Michelle was found guilty of careless riding.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 6:50am
Originally posted by well_rated well_rated wrote:

What she did yesterday was shocking & poor, I also think she only rode like that because of the pasting she copped last week over a poor ride.

There was no run there, yet she pushed it out and caused a fall, 20 meetings is too little IMO

Obviously you have not had a look at the overhead footage or Browndogs still shots on the other thread.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 7:31am
This has highlighted how ridiculous the Schofield and Bowman improper riding charges were.
Sunline...simply supreme
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 7:39am

agree about the comparison between Froggy's ride and Nash on Squamosa...

Melb stewards are weak as dishwater...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Air Seattle Air Seattle wrote:

Chad was found guilty of improper riding. Michelle was found guilty of careless riding.

After looking at the evidence , trainers and jockeys saying " not guilty "    One trainer who had a horse in the race said this morning, someone put a good pic on twitter showing clearly there was a run there for her.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 9:52am
Originally posted by hatch hatch wrote:

After looking at the evidence , trainers and jockeys saying " not guilty "    One trainer who had a horse in the race said this morning, someone put a good pic on twitter showing clearly there was a run there for her.

Guilty at the moment but see what happens at her appeal. Stewards are in the best position to make a decision and impartial wouldn't you agree Hatch?
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 10:43am
Originally posted by James James wrote:

Guilty at the moment but see what happens at her appeal. Stewards are in the best position to make a decision and impartial wouldn't you agree Hatch?

Yes they have the best footage ,much experience ,   but are human , and humans are capable of making mistakes ,   I think this is one of them , all we want from the Judge is justice.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 10:50am

Originally posted by James James wrote:

Yes they have the best footage ,much experience ,   but are human , and humans are capable of making mistakes ,   I think this is one of them , all we want from the Judge is justice.

I think the stewards would have less bias than her fellow jockeys and trainers. I also think the stewards would have far less bias than yourself Hatch.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:00am
I agree with the last half of your post, not the first half ,   I thought she was crazy putting in an appeal, until I saw the overhead footage and that amazed me.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:10am

hahahahah you have completely lost your marbles...
Panspermia.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:13am
So pretty much all we can agree on, is Hatch will use the stewards when it suits him, and ignore them when it suits him, and he is the only person on TBV allowed to not agree with stewards. I could have sworn they knew everything last week, and we were goofs......yet now apparently they don't know half as much as TBV's expert on all things...
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:22am
Just found some footage of hatch and his opinion on the stewards in the last week.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:35am
Not sure how anyone could argue that her ride was above board. There was virtually no gap for her to go through yet she still did. Pretty clear cut that's she's guilty for mine.
Browndog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browndog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:37am
That isn't what she is arguing
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:43am
It will be interesting to see the result of this hearing ,   I think she will take in some still shots , like Browndog's , that was so good of him to put on here so that all of us could look at.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:53am

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 11:53am
That post above is a still shot of Michelle's brain during some of her rides.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Browndog Browndog wrote:

That isn't what she is arguing

Her argument is akin in credibility to that of Essenscum's saying they shouldn't be guilty as they were told to self report.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

I would have a tiny wager that she has done a little better than you with her savings .
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 1:38pm
Everything has to be a bet with you Hatch. Do you have a gambling problem? Do you need to borrow some money? I have some saved away if you need a lend.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:50pm

Everything has to be a bet with you Hatch. Do you have a gambling problem? Do you need to borrow some money? I have some saved away if you need a lend.

Thanks Subby ,   no I seldom bet, not a gambler , but on here I think no one is willing to have me on,   but would there be a bookmaker offering any odds on the result of this hearing ?
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 3:02pm

Reading your posts Subby , and listening to what she have to say , I think she is a big margin smarter than you Subby.

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:01pm

Reading your posts Subby , and listening to what she have to say , I think she is a big margin smarter than you Subby.

Nice sentence structure
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:56pm

Nice sentence structure

Well done , at last you have put on a sensible post.
norisk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norisk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 4:58pm
Michelle was sitting on the horse I backed so was happy to get the cash, but what she did was a stupid as it was dangerous - 20 meetings is light imho.
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by norisk norisk wrote:

Michelle was sitting on the horse I backed so was happy to get the cash, but what she did was a stupid as it was dangerous - 20 meetings is light imho.

Browndogs photos tell all, for us all to see ,    the judge has a look   "   NOT GUILTY "
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 6:45pm

Payne to plead her case on Tuesday

By James Lamb 3 hours ago
Payne rode Prince Of Penzance to victory but incurred the wrath of stewardsPayne rode Prince Of Penzance to victory but incurred the wrath of stewards

Michelle Payne will appear before the Racing Appeals and Disciplinary Board on Tuesday in a bid to have her 20-meeting suspension overturned.

Racing stewards found Payne found guility of two separate careless-riding charges from Saturday's Cox Plate meeting but it is the charge stemming from the Moonee Valley Cup that Payne is disputing.

The hoop, who has been dominating racing headlines of late, was aboard eventual winner Prince Of Penzance when Chad Schofield fell from his mount Albonetti rounding the Moonee Valley home turn.

Stewards allege that Payne drove her mount in between runners when there was insufficient room to do so, causing a chain reaction which led to Albonetti clipping heels and falling. 

As it currently stands, her suspension would see her miss the entire Flemington carnival.

Her appeal is set down for 11am Tuesday morning at Racing Victoria's Flemington HQ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 59>