Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Melbourne Premier Discussion Page 2021/2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

There was a reason I only posted the photo.

Yes but perhaps you'd like to explain it!!!
Without even a lot number just the photo is nothing but annoying.
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:43pm
Close up of the marking on 421

Time is a flat circle
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 3:48pm
I googled 'blood spots' as the expression rang a bell. Thanks TJ, you must be there Thumbs Up

Blood markings are represented by big red or brown (rarely black) spots and are found only in gray horses. Typically blood markings are found on the horse's shoulders, but sometimes on other parts of the body, as well. Blood markings can appear as a cluster of spots that form a colored area that doesn't turn gray with age.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 4:28pm
In the right area but the wrong coloured horse.  
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Imo (and apparently others) disappointing based on opportunity thus far mate, and at $44k a serve in 2018 vendors are hurting big time at Premier.

That he's leading the 2nd Year sires list is no real biggie because his AEI is way below the three immediately below him, as his stakes-winners to runners ratio.

Needs a headliner sooner rather than later.

Many similarities with Zabeel SC, I think they were well and truly 3Yo's before he slipped into gear, my lifelong mate and yours truly had a massive argument at about the same stage in Zabeel's career, and I have never let him forget every time we get together on how wrong he was, in fact at least 370 times wrong
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:55pm
Looks like it had an allergic reaction to the 4 leaf-cloverLOL
Kimberley Mine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimberley Mine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:47am
The Impendings seem to be selling very well so far.  Siyouni is another big winner amongst the newcomers.  Almanzor did well, with 3 of 4 sold and two of those being well into 6 figures.

I'm still Confused at the Shalaa sales prices.  #226 sold for $700,000 with no blacktype until the 3rd dam.  (You could buy a Snitzel out of Bollinger daughter for less than half that.)  Meanwhile #380, half to three stakes-placed horses and whose dam's progeny earnings exceed half a million, sold for $130,000.  #252 must have had something wrong with either the x-rays or the scope, to have a page like his and to actually be overtracking at the walk as a yearling and to only sell for $80,000.

And I would not want to be trying to sell a Brazen Beau, ouch.

Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:37am
  "Yes but perhaps you'd like to explain it!!!"

VSP the photo posted by dejebel is of Lot 203 discussed earlier in the thread (well I think it is that yearling)
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:40am
If I had the money I would be putting in an offer for Lot 219 --passed with a reserve of $180k
Looks OK in the photo and video and has wonderful cross in the breeding. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:15pm
And now have picked up a very small interest in Lot 597: a chestnut filly by Impending from Erin's Element, a stakes place-getter and half to a stakes-winner.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:48pm
I prefer the Rolls x 2 to the trainer LOL but regardless, BOL as she's lovely Smile
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:07pm
It was amusing to watch the newer Vic staff and especially the Sydney staff look dumbfounded mid afternoon yesterday, as an elderly couple took a seat in the front public rows and over a 30 minute period unload a cool $ half million on 3 lots. There were a few stunned mullet looks
Fact of the matter Graeme Gathercole of Graebar Park bought very well indeed. His purchases looked absolute runners and no doubt Jerome Hunter will maximize their potential
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:02pm
Help us out re who the lots were knocked down to please G.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:17pm
Lots 398, 400, 417
Breeder View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breeder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:24pm
Agree with you Glencoe, it was very good buying. They obviously like Snippets Lass or it was a coincidence that two of the purchases had her figuring prominently in the pedigree.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:52pm
Cheers guys.

Was earlier going to make a (hopefully) humorous post about big money being paid by Rich River Meat Exports: maybe Waghu prices to the Frogs.

But now I'm in the loop.  Smile
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
Kristen may well have a bargain with this guy unless his knees are more than just growing pains Smile
"Delighted to have secured this beautifully line-bred fellow today - a Fiorente line-bred to his own fourth dam, the Irish 1000 Guineas heroine Gaily"

682 Br Photo Video ColtFiorente (IRE)ProtractedDaisy Hill, Doreen K Manning VIC $30,000

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:40am
BOL to her.  Hopefully they're just apple knees, but...  

If he stays sound suspect we won't know if he's any good or not for several years.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:44am
Why do you say that Second Chance because he is bred to stay ?

If a stayer is going to be good good trainers will know it pretty soon.

Most good stayers are up and about as 2 year olds and certainly at 3 so we will only have to wait about 18 months. 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 11:55am
It's more about his arguably extremely immature knees.  It wouldn't pay to put too much pressure on them until he matures considerably.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:18pm
Not a bad looking rooster at all but SC is right on the money re careful management
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:31pm
Cathy Hains brand , I'm due she had Grant,'s Moon originally .,
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm
That should read sure not due in relation to TJs post on the markings .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 7:54pm
Glencoe if you don't mind have a look at 432 , a Savabeel filly past in @ 100K , page a little weak until 3rd dam , looked ok to me in vid. actually thought she had a bit of oomph lol, X-rays or scoping holding her back ? thoughts. ( anyhow I popped her in my picks ) 
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:05pm
Parade on grass hides issues
Only had a brief look but offset near side & associated sloppy pastern would concern many.( Different pastern angle to offside)  Also falls away behind, lacks strength
Reasonable type but would need a lot of time. late 3yo
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:08pm
Thanks for your time Glencoe.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 12:16pm
x
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 12:19pm
I anticipated todays' sale to be aired all arvo, given we've no Monday racing but no, bloody Saturday replays & other docs Angry Pi$$ poor racing dot com Thumbs Down
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 1:08pm
just get on the computer and go to sale day live.  Been watching all afternoon.  But I really hate that stupid sale ring.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2023 at 1:09pm
I've mostly been marking passed in lots to follow.  I mean what was wrong with the Snitzel/Frankely Awesome.  A filly from the Urban Sea family.  Even if she never races fancy having her in the broodmare band.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>