Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Masks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 9:47pm
Because it was a psychic chick not a psycho bloke.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:39pm
Today Show was dumb enough to give her air time, then decided half way through she was too dumb to be giving air time to. Karl Stefanovic is just brilliant. Wacko
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 11:54pm
I saw that. I thought the hosts were pathetic. Just a set up and staged outrage to get a bit of publicity. I thought it came across as her  being used and treated totally unfairly, nutter though she is. An example of why I can hardly watch TV any more.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:44pm

Former  ALP attorney-general in Victoria Rob Hulls was so preoccupied with social justice when he was in Spring Street that he failed to take into account the idiots in society who would believe in his far-left ideology, and that they eventually would take it to the nth degree.

This is illustrated by what we have seen recently — halfwits refusing to wear masks in public and challenging police doing their duty, claiming it is their social justice right not to.

Well, they say you reap what you sow and this is the classic harvest Rob Hulls is responsible for sowing.

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:48pm
I think it might be more complicated than that, BB, I'm sure Rob Hulls ( whoever he is ) is not responsible for innumerable episodes of people in the USA protesting attempts to mandate masks.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 2:51pm
Boob, please stop boring the rrse off us all with your continuous right wing political cr@p.  It long ago became boring as batshyte.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I think it might be more complicated than that, BB, I'm sure Rob Hulls ( whoever he is ) is not responsible for innumerable episodes of people in the USA protesting attempts to mandate masks.

Max nothing to do with the USA it is the legislation introduced into Victoria by Rob Hulls.

As Attorney-General, Rob Hulls instigated significant changes to Victoria's legal system which saw the establishment of the state's first Charter of Human Rights ( left wing BS ) and reform to Victoria's Upper House

He was unsuccessful in a campaign to defrock the legal profession and ban the wearing of wigs in courts, a move that was actively opposed by the Victorian Bar Association.Rob Hulls was quoted as saying that "members of the legal profession could continue to wear wigs in the privacy of their homes if they so wished but the wearing of wigs by the legal profession in the 21st century was outdated and elitist".

The refusal to wear a mask by Karen at Bunnings and that drop kick who drove out of her restricted area in Melbourne has been a result of Hulls' Charter of Human Rights.

If Hulls was still in politics today he would be a member of the Greens.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:04pm
I get really bad claustrophobia but a mask doesnt cause me any problems ?  I did try breathing thru my nose, but my specs still fog up.
Yesterday I saw my Doc due to my usual winter wheezy chest , and I ask should I have worn a mask to the surgery and his reply was " If you have the virus its too late for you,,you will die,,and half the town will already be contaminated.  If you dont have the virus, and you do the correct things, you wont get it, so dont worry with the mask around here ".  He did add however, if I planned a visit to a large city or regional town , a mask might be a good idea.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Now for some truth:

As Attorney-General, Rob Hulls instigated significant changes to Victoria's legal system which saw the establishment of the state's first Charter of Human Rights ( left wing BS ) and reform to Victoria's Upper House. Both absolutely necessary at the time and for the most part had bipartisan support in the House.

He was unsuccessful in a campaign to defrock the legal profession and ban the wearing of wigs in courts, a move that was actively opposed by the Victorian Bar Association.Rob Hulls was quoted as saying that "members of the legal profession could continue to wear wigs in the privacy of their homes if they so wished but the wearing of wigs by the legal profession in the 21st century was outdated and elitist". And he was absolutely spot on here.  Wonder if all the silks took off their wigs before propositioning junior lawyers?

The refusal to wear a mask by Karen at Bunnings and that drop kick who drove out of her restricted area in Melbourne has been a result of Hulls' Charter of Human Rights.  Absolute bullshyte.  The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) is a document that was adopted by the United Nations General Assembly at its third session on 10 December 1948, and subsequently quoted by "Karen" at Bunnings.  You're entirely confusing it with the Victorian Charter of Human Rights which is very similar to the UK's Human Rights Act and the Canadian Bill of Rights, both passed by conservative Governments.   

If Hulls was still in politics today he would be a member of the Greens. You don't find too many accredited lawyers and past Attorneys-General among Greens ranks.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 4:50pm
Correction: the UK Charter was moved by Labour, and subsequently unanimously passed in both Houses.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:16pm
Further to my post on the Virus thread.

I see staff time being used to retail Masks in a Nursing Home facility as not acceptable .
I have notified them and a Current Affair will be their next caller.

I thought masks would be under quality control at least .
   Views please.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

He was unsuccessful in a campaign to defrock the legal profession and ban the wearing of wigs in courts, a move that was actively opposed by the Victorian Bar Association.Rob Hulls was quoted as saying that "members of the legal profession could continue to wear wigs in the privacy of their homes if they so wished but the wearing of wigs by the legal profession in the 21st century was outdated and elitist". And he was absolutely spot on here.  Wonder if all the silks took off their wigs before propositioning junior lawyers?

2ic If I was you I would be a bit more careful posting accusations as that above in red.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2020 at 8:44pm
Bob by name, Boob by nature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123