Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Masks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masks
    Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 1:23pm
Do you wear one in public?

What kind?

Where did you get it?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 1:28pm
Not yet but wont be long being mandated in NSW I think.

I have a few home made ones and a few surgical ones. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:10pm
I've taken to wearing an ice hockey mask. Doesn't keep the virus in or out, but it helps with social distancing.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:13pm
But seriously, most vics are wearing the surgical masks you get in chemists, officeworks, etc. They're very annoying and most people pull them down to talk.LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:28pm
Yeah, I have one of those that Stayer mentions.   Got them at Blooms Chemist.  And yes, annoying as my glasses fog up all the time.
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:32pm
It's definitely a choice of mask or glasses!
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:32pm
AA, I found breathing through your nose helps with the glasses issue a little bit
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:36pm
Yes, TJ, I do try to do that, but I have nose problems and as hard as I try , when I get side tracked thinking about what I am supposed to be doing, then it happens all over again ! Its like walking and chewing gum,,,I cant do 2 things at once Cry
Oh well, if thats the worst happens to me I am bloody lucky arnt I ? 
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 2:43pm
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:24pm
I'd love to hear the antecedents of the crazy Bunnings mask refusenik, crazy b!tch !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:41pm
Did you hear the crazie telling the cop he would be sued for $66 thousand ?  For starters , where did she come up with that number ?  And why refuse to do as ask if you have nothing to hide ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 3:43pm
These people are prolly also anti vaxxers who dont give a toss how many suffer or how many kids gets very sick, as long as they can run amok and do as they please. 
Whats even worse, they are allowed to breed.Cry
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:12pm
It’s a breach of the 1948 Charter of Human Rights. 
Might have to pull that out next time I don’t feel like going to work LOL
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:19pm
I've been wearing the disposable masks bought from a chemist or hardware. After wearing for a while you'll start to sweat and the hot air makes moisture inside the mask. Might be best to look for the cotton material type masks. Cotton On sell them and plenty of other places.
Toll Road View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toll Road Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Did you hear the crazie telling the cop he would be sued for $66 thousand ?  For starters , where did she come up with that number ?  And why refuse to do as ask if you have nothing to hide ?
She was at a Bunnings not far from me. She's been named and shamed by her ex employer today. Got a writer up in the Herald Sun
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 5:40pm
Are Zorro or Lone Ranger masks acceptable under the 1948 Charter ?
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:01pm

Easy peasy.

A nice old bird at the supermarket told me that shaving cream is a good anti-fog remedy for those of us with glasses. Obviously just a thin film of the stuff...probably a youtube clip for that too.

I've also heard a tissue, where the glasses rest on your nose, will do the same job. But, that sounds like a bit of a stuff around to me.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:05pm
Also, unless you're flushed for material, you'll want to use a garment bag when washing these DIY jobs. Putting a cut up rag into an agitator is just inviting trouble.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:13pm
Masks are not mandatory in Victoria.
If you feel uncomfortable wearing one, for any personal reason, you do NOT require to show a medical certificate to Police.

That information in on the Vic Gov Website.
The Police can't even fine you, as you are not breaking the law.
You simply just have to say, "sorry, due to personal health reasons, I can't wear a mask".

And police say, "fine, have a nice day".

Media dont like to show the Vic Gov link in detail.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:19pm

Can I be refused entry or service if I am not wearing a face covering?

Yes, unless you have a lawful exception for not wearing a face covering

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:22pm
There are a number of lawful excuses for not wearing a face covering including if you have a medical condition or other condition that impairs your ability to wear a face covering

The lady at Bunnings, was illegally treated, she will sue, she will win.
She was in compliance and had every right to enter, as stated by the Vic Gov website guidelines.
She was NOT required to provide a medical certificate.

She knew this, that is why she exposed it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 6:27pm
Nope, she won't sue, she won't pass GO, and she won't pick up $200.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:03pm
She will sue, it was clearly her goal.
She knew she was within her rights.
She will sue for wrongful arrest and discrimination

Media utterley refuse to post the Vic Gov guidelines.

The Bunnings lady and many others, know they still have rights.

She exposed it, and media had a meltdown
Just the usual garbage.

This is a popcorn circus.

Hungary is powering ahead with driverless car roads and limitless green technology.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Hungary is powering ahead with driverless car roads and limitless green technology.

Don't forget political suppression of the free press!!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:19pm

Can a store force me to wear a mask?

Inside the face-masking zone, where the above video was allegedly captured, a store can refuse entry if you’re not wearing a mask and don’t have a lawful excuse either.

The Victorian Department of Health and Human Services site says “for their own and other customer’s safety, a business owner or worker can ask you not to enter until you wear a face covering such as a mask.”

Like the Karen in the video, if someone refuses to put on a mask and proceeds to enter the store despite a refusal, the police can be called in to enforce the situation.

But this can be extended to stores outside of the highlighted zone in Victoria and beyond the pandemic’s end. Under Australian law, private businesses can propose strict entry requirements on anyone hoping to enter a store. For example, certain venues require you to dress to a certain standard or you’ll be refused entry.

The same rule could apply to safety requirements upon entry so you might need to use hand sanitiser and wear a mask in order to access the store. Given it’s private land, you would need to comply with their requests — provided they’re reasonable and not discriminatory — or risk not being allowed to enter.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:23pm
Am almost reliably informed that the Bunnings shopper was in fact Baghdad Bob's partner.  Shocked

Which is ironic in the extreme, given she insists he wear a face mask because she can longer stand the sight of him.  Ermm  Embarrassed
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 7:28pm
The Bunnings crazy must have been watching the wrong legal advice videos on youtube.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:38pm
You could tell she was only there to get the thing on her phone.  The staff have been told mask or you can't go into the store so not anything they can do.  To sue for something that is to help society is just plain evil.  And Redemption why do you insist of pushing these sorts of ideas.  No one can be that anti society surely.  If you really want to just move to Hungary and be happy again.  Because you don't seem happy in Victoria anymore.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 8:49pm
it's funny like that, some people knock up telling you how good it is in a place they lived formerly, quite perplexing that they ever left. Of course with RED, it might not have been so great at the time she or her parents left, but still. Come to think of it though, I have heard plenty from people who moved up to Qld from Victoria, about the general superiority of all things Victorian, but they don't want to go back, for some reason. Tongue
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2020 at 1:45am
I saw a lawyer say those who refuse and threaten legal action havnt got a leg to stand on, as the Govnt can enfoce these laws for public safety and can over ride any old laws when in an emergency situation like we are in now.
I think Karen just made a d**k of herself.
animals before people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>