Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Margaret Court

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Your Hiding again PT

Own what you say

You're
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 9:39am
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Max, yes they are a farce.

I have 2 recipients in my family. One incredibly deserving, the other, good on him but he did nothing to earn it.

Like most of them, 

I hope you keep them both in the dark about which one is which
They probably know, TJ, in their heart of hearts. Tongue
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:09am
Lol, I would say so. I just need that 1% of creeping doubt in the back of their minds
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:34am
I would like to get Margaret's opinions on a few people. I'm sure she's spoken about them given her views so if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great.

Syahril Parlindungan Marbun

Drago Ljubi?i?

Nediljko Ivanov

Henri Lebras

Charles Pulis

Godwin Scerri

Anthony Mercieca

Georg Müller

It's just a couple of names but I'm sure she's spoken about at least 1 of them. 
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 10:36am
Godwin Scerri ? That reminded me of "old mate" Godwin Grech !
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Max, yes they are a farce.

I have 2 recipients in my family. One incredibly deserving, the other, good on him but he did nothing to earn it.

Like most of them, 

I hope you keep them both in the dark about which one is which

LOLLOL

No need to mate. He was a tad bemused. It was a nice acknowledgement of his wonderful achievements but he didn’t re invent the wheel.
He’s not driven by ego or rewards
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:56am
Gee, I hope Margaret Court doesn't barrack for Collingwood.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 4:41pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/pope-same-sex-unions-licit/2021/03/15/8c51ee80-8581-11eb-be4a-24b89f616f2c_story.html

So the 1.2 billion Catholics around the world agree with their leader I presume.

Oh - and Margaret  LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 4:51pm
 won't stop it happening...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 4:58pm
Of course it wont. Just making the point the Margaret Courts views are in-line with the majority of people around the world 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:01pm
I mean where do rate on the humanity scale when the top boy in the Catholic Church still calls it a "sin" - & dictates that you cant be "blessed" !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:03pm
Yet she cops a belting every January - almost on schedule - for her views on the issue. Disgraceful cheap shots !
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:03pm
I don't think many people will be taking a lot of notice of the head of the church which spent so much time and effort into covering up abuse of children 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:04pm
Welcome back wunwun!

I wonder if the catholic church thinks it's a sin if the other same sex person is under 18?
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

I don't think many people will be taking a lot of notice of the head of the church which spent so much time and effort into covering up abuse of children 
Really ? All those Catholics around the world - mainly in third-world countries you mean Horlicks ? The vast majority would walk on broken glass to kiss his feet
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
 it never ceases to surprise me how many people still go to church or have their lives dictated to by a man in a dress.

Brainwashing...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:18pm
Could not agree more JJ. You wont get anyone less religious than me - just ask Max. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:19pm

98 Percent Of Catholic Women Use Birth Control Banned By ChurchWink

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_849060
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Could not agree more JJ. You wont get anyone less religious than me - just ask Max. 
Dearie me, no-one is twisting your arm and making you take the slightest notice of any religion, but you knock up talking about it. Go figure. I already figured out why.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:29pm
No i dont Max. However a lot of people do - that was the point
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Dearie me, no-one is twisting your arm and making you take the slightest notice of any religion, but you knock up talking about it. Go figure. I already figured out why.
Yes - your quite the analyst Max
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 6:17am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

it never ceases to surprise me how many people still go to church or have their lives dictated to by a man in a dress.

Brainwashing...

That’s not very woke of you. What’s wrong with a man wear a dress if he wants to?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123