Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Magda Szubanski

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:10pm
I see she has a new primetime show on Channel NINE. 

Any publicity is good publicity they say.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I see she has a new primetime show on Channel NINE. 

Any publicity is good publicity they say.

Purrfect for whales to roll around on the couch....
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:35pm
Im sure her TV show will be right up there with Big Brother and Holey Moley 
EAD
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:40pm
But surely marginally preferable to Scotty from Marketing's "Government (sic) by Multi Media Press Release".  Ermm
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:45pm
The Weakest Link.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 7:55pm
"Cried" when he held a televised presser to say Australia was withdrawing troops from the Middle East.  
Wonder if he used those tried and true treatments used in the movie industry to induce tears.

Well I for one cried when the Coalition Government sent troops there in the first place under the entirely confected and since disgraced "weapons of mass destruction" cr#p. 

And why did this failing Prime Minister not unilaterally withdraw our troops some time ago, and have a good cry earlier rather than later?  
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:28pm
Let's be honest, it shouldn't matter what reasons were given for moving in on Iraq to kill Saddam. Sticking around as long as they did/have was/is the issue. Advanced warning was a kindness that the UN of the day didn't deserve. Probably still don't. 

If a foreign nation had've made moves to knock off Trump, what other response could we have besides 'yep, fair enough, had that coming' and move on?

That being said, Magda is a nitwit. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:29pm
Still cant work out why she matters to anyone.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 8:39pm
 funny thread. 

I agree...who cares what Magda...or any other narcissistic Melbourne comedian thinks.

Can someone get that irritating Dave Hughes off our screens...

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 11:59am
Your long wait is over Bob, tonight Channel NINE 9:00PM.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:02pm
Another rubbish show I wont be wasting time on.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:04pm
PS, Especially so, if the promo shorts are anything to go by Cry  There are some genuine dumbos in that lot.Thumbs Down
Tiger Woods FF*.Wacko

animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:39pm
Magda will be the weapon of mass destruction at nine .

Can't they find enough margarine tubs to put her in.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Your long wait is over Bob, tonight Channel NINE 9:00PM.
The Weakest Link, ha, ha, I have never watched any of those crappy- like programs ever . Replay of AFL 360 is on at the same time slot on Fox 504 or even Paul Murray Live on Fox 600.Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 2:01pm
I think I will be watching Paul Keating's greatest hits again Bob.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Another rubbish show I wont be wasting time on.

Chasing the latest covid news, I caught channel nine doing a mock-up of WL on the today morning show. Magda and Karl Stefanovic at the one time was more than I could take. I switched to the ABC...

Ermm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 12:39pm
 I couldn't resist it...I tuned in to The Weakest Link. I liked the show when Cornelia Francis compered it.

Magda was ridiculous as the host...her jokes were so cliched. As for the contestants...talk about dumb and dumber...who doesn't know who wrote The Man From Snowy River...? 

Thumbs Down

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 1:44pm
I thought when that woman named Tiger Woods as a famous Aust golfer, in one of the shorts, it was going to be a blinder Cry
animals before people.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 12:10pm
Giving credit where credits due, Magda’s acting ability is gold star. To publicly humiliate herself for so long as the wholly unattractive, funny, needy but nice friend on KAK when that is obviously not in her own pompous persona at all.
Yet getting serious, both in politics and tv has bombed big time. Her take on the old Cornelia show came over as flat as a pancake.
They obviously didn’t choose the brightest sparks they initially interviewed,  so that she had more opportunity to ridicule them.
No magic there, of any kind Acacia Big smile
As for Jenny M, after viewing both pics, well she just needs to practise keeping her hand flat when she hugs people. Simples LOL

“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 1:19pm
I don't think I've ever watched a quiz show. I couldn't even make it past 15 minutes of that series they made about fixing Who Wants To Be A Millionaire which is supposed to be pretty good.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 4:39pm
Helps if you know the odd answer before its announced Tlaz LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Sister Dot Sister Dot wrote:

Giving credit where credits due, Magda’s acting ability is gold star. To publicly humiliate herself for so long as the wholly unattractive, funny, needy but nice friend on KAK when that is obviously not in her own pompous persona at all.
Yet getting serious, both in politics and tv has bombed big time. Her take on the old Cornelia show came over as flat as a pancake.
They obviously didn’t choose the brightest sparks they initially interviewed,  so that she had more opportunity to ridicule them.
No magic there, of any kind Acacia Big smile
As for Jenny M, after viewing both pics, well she just needs to practise keeping her hand flat when she hugs people. Simples LOL

Time is a flat circle
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:19pm
The first episode of The Weakest Link reboot last week attracted a lukewarm 423,000 viewers in five cities at 9pm – when it was beaten by the ABC’s Love on the Spectrum. That led to obvious questions about whether Szubanski’s social media activity had lowered Nine’s final number.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:21pm
Alt-right/gamergate/4chan = Steve Bannon.

How alt-right trolls hijacked the OK sign

The once innocuous hand gesture now lives in a purgatory of meaning, simultaneously signalling white nationalist beliefs ... or not.

Iin early 2017, trolls on the 4chan website thought it would be funny to trick the media into claiming the "OK" hand sign – thumb and forefinger making a ring, other fingers pointed out – is a secret Nazi symbol.

Prominent figures on the pro-Trump internet were into it for the same reasons they're into a lot of things: to "trigger" liberals. The trolling worked. Then actual white nationalists started using the symbol, too. sd

The "OK" hand sign now lives in a purgatory of mea more...

http://www.afr.com/politics/how-alt-right-trolls-hijacked-the-ok-sign-20191217-p53kns

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:34pm
Nobody I know could care less what Q and neo-Nazis get up to. It means ok, ok.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 5:49pm
Well, they stole a Brexit vote and stole a US election in 2016, and are trying to turn the US and the  world into Bannon's grievance based authoritarian perfect world. They bear taking notice of.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:20am
Brainwashed, go over to America PT and fight for the terrorist organisation called Anfita
EAD
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:26am
Your worth more money Tiger. Love the way you pop in every few weeks - make a short-cryptic comment on every Joffs topic going - pull a few pants down - & just as quickly log off again LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 10:35am
Hey Tigg, as you have touched on the subject of US politics, who won the 2020 US election. And dont run away like others do.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:05pm
Touched US politics like Biden touches little girls

I'll leave you to that subject 

Enjoy your day 
EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>