Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Conformation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Loss of Form Possibilities Explained

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Loss of Form Possibilities Explained
    Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:22pm

Tami Elkayam Equine Bodywork

Many people reach out to me in the hope of helping their horses.
While my skill set is solid it is not a magic bullet!!
If your horse has a physical issue that has been left unattended or undetected for long enough all these considerations listed come in to play, therapy alone will not fix it !
The synchrony in the body is an amazing complex thing and when the body falls out of synchrony it can still function through compensation.
Compensation can spread through the body like wild fire, it is only when the body is out of options that we see the dysfunctions. Dysfunction is often accompanied by pain.
When a horse has pain that is not from a direct trauma we are looking at the end result of loss of synchrony !
In order to attempted to help the body restore its own synchrony we need to consider these components and fixing one alone will not restore synchrony.
If you treat the muscle have you solved the issue?
If you restore range of motion to the joint have you solved the issue ?
If you treat the facia and get it to release have you solved the issue ?
If you treat the viscera and get it to optimally function have you solved the issue ?
If you treat the endocrine and hormonal levels in a horse have you solved the issue ?
If you’re freed an entrapped nerve have you solved the issue ?
If you treat the GI tract have you solved the issue?
If you’ve done the horses teeth have you solved the issue ?
If you’ve balanced the horses feet have you solved the issue ?
If you work hard and train in a correct manner will you solved the issue ?
if you address the emotional component and retrained the brain and the nervous system will you have solved the issue ?
If we’re not addressing all these components together as one body any gain made will be temporary at best !
If your horse has pain all of the above mean nothing!
The neuromatrix of pain will over ride everything !
Just because the horse has no obvious injury don’t mean there is no pain!
The notion of a neuromatrix of the brain is a model that explains the nature of pain!
The neurology of pain is a multidimensional experience produced by patterns of nerve impulses that generate sensory input from a widely distributed net in the body.
The system through which acute pain is generated and interpreted by the brain has been well studied and understood. In contrast chronic pain which is often associated with intense pain and no tissue injury or pathology is still a mystery.
chronic psychological or physical stress is often associated with chronic pain, but the relationship is not well understood!
Pain is produced by output through a widely distributed neural network. Pain is in the brain rather than rather then the result of sensory input created by injury, inflammation, or other pathology.
The neuromatrix in the body is genetically determined and modified by sensory experience of the individual. This is the primary mechanism that generates the neural pattern that produces pain.
This means that the horses history and life experiences dictate how the nervous system and brain interpret mechanosensation and sensory input as pain.
Every time I look at a horse I try to consider all of these things, while I am able to offer considerable help with some of the list, I have a team that will address the components that I don’t !
If you want to facilitate change fro your horse that is long lasting and effective all of these components must be addressed !
AND ALL OF THIS TAKES TIME !!!
May be an image of horse
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:37pm

Son bludgeons his parents with an axe, but doesn't realise they managed to survive. Trauma-stricken father wakes up bleeding, doesn't realise his injuries, starts doing his daily chores and dies while picking up the newspaper. Mother wakes up too, denies son assaulted her and killed her husband. Sounds stranger than fiction, right?

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 4:44pm

After being struck 16 times with an ax and lying unconscious as his son sneaked away from the suburban charnel house, Peter Porco arose from bed, put on clothing, ambled downstairs to get breakfast, went outside to retrieve the newspaper, realized he’d locked himself out, found a spare key in its hiding place, let himself back inside, and died of blood loss.

As Forensic Files explained it, an injury can damage the brain’s neocortex, which controls reasoning, but leave intact the underlying paleocortex, which guides second-nature habits.

reductio ad absurdum
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm
What on earth does this have to do with racehorses' loss if form? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:39pm
I may be wrong Gay, however suspect djebel is suggesting the piece you posted has about as much practical use or credibility as the "believe it if you will" stuff he then posted.  Wink
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 5:48pm
No, actually it was an anology. Just because it seems fine does not necessarily mean it is. 
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Same, same.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2021 at 10:26pm
Having trained, the biggest "killer" of racehorse loss of ability/form
is bleeding.
Without a lung wash, the extent of a bleed, will be largely undetermined.
Up to 30% is manageable, above that a waste of time.
Buying tried horses is definitely buyer beware.

Post Reply Post Reply