Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Living Legends

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.D.3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Living Legends
    Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 4:44am
check out this Uplifting video Living Legends from the Living Legends Farm of rest for Champion Horses.

check out all the other vids and other things on my site! and sign up as a member and post your Racing News,Views & tips in the forums! and at my site to your favourites i know you want too haha! Thumbs Up
bern_borough View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bern_borough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:14am
Fantastic. Loved it. And the music - old Daryl's just right. And hey don't they look in such great condition. Can't wait to go - I'm waiting for Apache Cat to arrive. Might have to wait a bit though, I guess he might be doing the rounds.

I think everyone should support Living Legends as much as possible. It's an essential establishment for the remaining years of these long-living past champions.
The Insider View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Insider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2010 at 11:58am
For all the do gooders that keep on saying how cruel it is to see horses go to the knackery...give this some financial support and keep our champions in a good retirement. This should be FULLY sponsored by Unitab or the others who make money from the industry. I beleive there is a stud farm sponsoring...might be Darley or someone, but it is a good cause. Maybe ban the collectors from the other charity groups and let this mob collect @ every race meeting plus in TAB's.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:45am
Big day this Sunday.Apache Cat and Takeover Target arrive at 11.30 a.m. to take up residence alongside the other retired stars
Fairest One View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairest One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:46am
That would be sooo cool and only horse racing lovers would ever understand. My girlfriend won't accept this as a genuine must see place on our trips to Victoria! haha.
Cmon Apparitions!!!
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:49am
Just a thought.......... those EBT machines give you ridiculous for 3cents etc...... why dont they have a button where you can donate money to the living legends farm
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
Roidz View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roidz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 9:50am
Apache's residence doesn't start on sunday.... I'm told its a guest appearance only.
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Dichez Dichez wrote:

Just a thought.......... those EBT machines give you ridiculous for 3cents etc...... why dont they have a button where you can donate money to the living legends farm

Wow, that's a really awesome idea Dichez! I'd be 100% behind that.
We Started Nothing.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:30am
Fairest One,you need a new womanEvil Smile
saintly96 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintly96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Fairest One Fairest One wrote:

That would be sooo cool and only horse racing lovers would ever understand. My girlfriend won't accept this as a genuine must see place on our trips to Victoria! haha.

My wife knows that I will be going when we go to Melbourne in September.

She has resigned herself to the fact that it is definitely on the agenda.
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:38pm

Recomended Saintly....Great place and very relaxed. Time your visit with one of the guided  tours that way you can get in the paddock with them for a photo opportunity!

The More You Put On, The More You Get Back
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:41pm
Take your mnask Sunline, that red dust will clog up your lungs
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:43pm
That is true Noccy...very dry and you can see why they need donations. Not much natural feed for the champs unfortunately
Balmain Tiger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balmain Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 7:48pm
Does anyone have any photos they can post?
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:03pm
Try this addy below. It was posted previously in another thread. Great video of Living Legends.
http://onthepunt.webs.com/apps/videos/videos/show/6956452-living-legends
Phantom View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:07pm
Hopefully the hyperlink worked better this time.
Mile high View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mile high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:34pm

Brew and Doriemus

Brew

Might and Power

Silent Witness

Silent Witness
Mile high View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mile high Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:37pm
Pressed button too soon!
These are some photos I took at LL, havent seen many taken from Winter, not so much red dust at this time but not much at all in the paddocks.

Sky Heights

Sky Heights

Sky Heights

Better Loosen Up

Balmain Tiger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balmain Tiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 8:41pm
Thanks guys great photos.
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:06pm
Looks like Silent Witness got the Visitors draw.
Fair Embrace View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fair Embrace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:35pm
I really believe that the owners of these horses should be the ones sponsoring their retirement. Really, how much money did they make out of them in prizemoney alone?
If there was no Living Legends would they still be looking after their champions elsewhere?
here he is... craig View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote here he is... craig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 10:56pm
I've been there and it is good to see them and reminisce. They could do more with the place, and when I went there was no admission charge, just donations. They could charge something small, because the demographic that go will be 95% racing fans, the majority of which would go whether it was free or $10.
carche View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2010 at 11:35pm
They now charge a $5 fee to visit the horses down in their paddocks. The $5 fee includes entrance to the horse area, where you can visit with, pat them and have photos taken with them (extract taken from living legends website at http://www.livinglegends.org.au).

Great photos Mile High.
regal_roller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 12:05am
No photos of The Rolla?
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 12:33am
What is the criteria for a horse to be able to go to Living Legends?
straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 12:43am
Has to be a legend Confused Wink
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 12:50am
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by regal_roller regal_roller wrote:

No photos of The Rolla?

Ironically he never gets a mention on the adds either . The owner would donate more than any one i would suggest.
rubiton View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubiton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 8:23pm
Theres plenty of pics of him at the link I posted
Fairest One View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fairest One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by early4lunch early4lunch wrote:

Fairest One,you need a new womanEvil Smile

Hahah I will get her there one day. I'll suprise her with a nice hire car and a road trip and 'conveniently' drive past and stop ;)
Cmon Apparitions!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>