Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Leicester City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leicester City
    Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 8:29am
After 29 games last season they had 19 points and looked a certainty to be relegated, they then went on a stunning run of form collecting 22 of a possible 27 points over the last 9 games to end up surviving by 6 points in 14th position...

Fast forward 12 months and they are now 5 points clear at the top after 29 games following their overnight win coupled with Arsenal and Tottenham drawing 2-2 in the Derby, with the other big hitters such as the Manchester pair and Chelsea even further back... So amazing has their season been that the efforts of West Ham and Tottenham to be where they are have been put in the shade despite both being surprising in their own rights...

If they pull the title off surely one of the biggest underdog wins in history?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 5:32pm
Leicester now 7 points clear with 5 games to go... 3 wins from those games will see them home, one of the greatest underdog efforts ever draws closer to happening! Also guaranteed Champions League now...
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:00pm
Quite incredible. I read a couple of weeks ago about a Leicester fan who had £10 @5000-1 at the start of the season. He had just cashed out for about half. They were just under even money at the time. Now 1.23.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Quite incredible. I read a couple of weeks ago about a Leicester fan who had £10 @5000-1 at the start of the season. He had just cashed out for about half. They were just under even money at the time. Now 1.23.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

That's a different story to the one I saw. There must be plenty of football fans who throw on a small bet each year for something to dream about though. Good luck to them.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:42pm
Wouldn't be surprised if fans of sides expected to finish lower do make small bets hoping on a dream... The odds are usually comically long for any other then a few teams...
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2016 at 8:48pm
Reading the opening post my first thought was Dank.

They are not owned by a Russian are they ?

#cynical
reductio ad absurdum
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:36pm
Are the wheels coming off?

subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:42pm
No. I thought they were excellent last night. West Ham are a very good team, and once Vardy got sent off (due to ref wanting to be a hero) they were very good for 20 minutes and only conceded to a rubbish penalty and a brilliant goal. They then showed remarkable resilience to salvage a critical point.
Spurs go to Stoke tonight, an extremely difficult place to play. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Spurs lose r draw.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:44pm
What are there, 15 points available for Manchester City Arsenal and Tottenham ?

reductio ad absurdum
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:47pm
Only Spurs a chance. Arsenal and City got none. Yes, 5 games left (Leicester 4)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by LR80 LR80 wrote:

Classic case of someone simply seeing a result and commenting without looking any further.

They were down to 10 for the final half an hour after an absolute joke of a 2nd yellow. Then West Ham (who are top 6 themselves) couldn't get an equaliser until the last 10 min anyway. Wheels coming off? Ahhh no.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

No. I thought they were excellent last night. West Ham are a very good team, and once Vardy got sent off (due to ref wanting to be a hero) they were very good for 20 minutes and only conceded to a rubbish penalty and a brilliant goal. They then showed remarkable resilience to salvage a critical point.
Spurs go to Stoke tonight, an extremely difficult place to play. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Spurs lose r draw.

In fairness though the penalty at the end was as bad a call as Vardy's 2nd yellow. Woeful refereeing.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:08pm
Vardy's first yellow was the worst call. Did not deserve a card and meant he had to send off Vardy later.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:12pm
I missed his first so can't comment. There were multiple woeful calls throughout the game though. If he doesn't get sent off though it's very likely they win 1-0 and have it all but wrapped up.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:12pm

Classic case of someone simply seeing a result and commenting without looking any further.

They were down to 10 for the final half an hour after an absolute joke of a 2nd yellow. Then West Ham (who are top 6 themselves) couldn't get an equaliser until the last 10 min anyway. Wheels coming off? Ahhh no.

Classic case of playing the man and not the ball? LOL

I'm referring to Leicester giving Spurs a sniff. Do I have to spell everything out for you?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:14pm

Classic case of playing the man and not the ball? LOL

I'm referring to Leicester giving Spurs a sniff. Do I have to spell everything out for you?

Except they didn't give Spurs a sniff, the referee did. My first line was accurate, you didn't even watch the game.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:20pm
E&E, whatever stuff you are smoking must be good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:24pm

Good comeback. You didn't watch the game and it shows with your clueless question.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:07pm
Big game tomorrow morning our time as far as the title is concerned, Leicester go to Man Utd and Chelsea before the seasons done with winnable games at home against Everton and Swansea in there, Spurs play West Brom and Southampton with trips to Newcastle and Chelsea as well after Stoke tomorrow, reckon they'd fancy their chances to get 10 points minimum from that... If they can beat Stoke momentum might just turn their way...
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:42pm
It would be a tragic story if they choked and could be up there with Greg Norman's brain explosion in the Masters.

I couldn't think of anything worse than Spurs winning the title.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:03pm
They have to play 5th 10th 11th and 15th

If they lose two, Spurs have to win 5 from 5 If they win 3 it is all over
Beliskner View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beliskner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:10pm
Spurs are hardly a reliable team, Stoke can be difficult at home to play, won't surprise me if the game is a draw.  Also Stoke are still have a half a chance at getting a Europa League spot, so a reason to go all out.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:16pm
[QUOTE=LR80]It would be a tragic story if they choked and could be explosion in the Masters. up there with Greg Norman's brain
[/QUOTE]
Absolute rubbish. Leicester were 5000/1. They have played above themselves. Norman was expected to win. HUGE difference.
Sworn Revenge View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sworn Revenge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 7:42pm
Would love to see Leicester win as a triumph of team spirit but Spurs have played sensational football all season and wouldn't begrudge them. Ali and Erikksen are outstanding
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

[QUOTE=LR80]It would be a tragic story if they choked and could be explosion in the Masters. up there with Greg Norman's brain
Absolute rubbish. Leicester were 5000/1. They have played above themselves. Norman was expected to win. HUGE difference.[/QUOTE]

Absolute rubbish Subbie. Its a choke if they choke from here. We don't want a choke. We don't want Spurs to win.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:01pm

Good comeback. You didn't watch the game and it shows with your clueless question.

I did watch the game but myself/Subbie want some of that stuff you are smoking. It must good. Real good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:33pm

I did watch the game but myself/Subbie want some of that stuff you are smoking. It must good. Real good.

Umm no you didn't watch the game. If you had have watched it you'd have known there was no choke or "wheels falling off" about it. Either that or you're just completely clueless about soccer. You probably thought the penalty at the end was a good call.

Not sure why you're bringing Subby into it when he basically agreed with me.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:41pm
Don't waste your time with him E&E.
LR80 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LR80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:18pm
Second Rate - wannabee moderator in waiting LOL

Is this what I have to look forward to once I get to the age of 60? Become a bitter and senile fool?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>