Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Harness Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Leap To Fame

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leap To Fame
    Posted: 03 Feb 2024 at 9:59pm
Very little interest in here I suspect but what a star this boy is 
8 in a row,  
32 wins from 42 starts, unplaced twice😱
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 1:27pm

Leap To Fame heading to Cranbourne after Hunter Cup demolition

Leap To Fame's most important win yet has earned him an extension to his Victorian raid.

The Queensland sensation added the iconic $500,000 Group 1 Hunter Cup at Melton on Saturday night to his Inter Dominion crown, taking another step towards greatness.

It was his first "major" win on the road and sets him up for a crack at harness racing history in the $1 million Miracle Mile at Menangle on March 9.

No horse in the modern era has won the "big three" – Inter Dominion, Hunter Cup and Miracle Mile in the same season.

A chuffed trainer-driver Grant Dixon said Leap To Fame came through last night's win well and was set to back-up in next Saturday night's $100,000 Group 2 Cranbourne Cup (2550m).

It's a coup for the Victorian provincial club and its decision to move the Cup to a new timeslot.

"I'm happy to go there, as long as Kevin and Kay (Seymour) are OK with it, too," Dixon said.

"He seems well this morning and it's a suitable race, over a distance he loves with a random (barrier) draw and good prizemoney."

Dixon also likes the timing because it fits with his plan to try and qualify for the Miracle Mile by winning the $100,000 Newcastle Mile on February 23.

"I'd prefer to go to Newcastle, which gives us two weeks between it and the Miracle Mile. It's better than going to the qualifying sprints just a week before the (Miracle) Mile," he said.

WHAT A HORSE! WHAT A CHAMPION!

Leap To Fame a dominant force, winning the @SEN_Track A G Hunter Cup for Queensland's Grant Dixon.
A brilliant horse worthy of Australia's pacing heavyweight championship! pic.twitter.com/xRAChzFw5U

— The Trots (@TheTrotsComAu) February 3, 2024

Leap To Fame's Hunter Cup win was his 32nd from just 42 starts and takes him to $2,103,957 in earnings.

The five-year-old can blast past $3 million in the coming months with targets like the Miracle Mile and the $NZ1 million Race by Grins at Cambridge in New Zealand on April 12.

Leap To Fame gave the Seymours their second Hunter Cup win, following star North American import Mr Feelgood's victory in 2009.

"This is different … it's better," Kevin Seymour said. "Mr Feelgood was a thrill, but Leap To Fame is Australian-bred and we've had him since day one.

"Grant (Dixon) said he's been waiting his whole career for a horse like this, but I've been waiting longer.

"It's 55 years in the game for me and right in the twilight of it, along comes Leap To Fame. Grant's not even 55 years old, so I've got him covered as far as how long we've waited."

Dixon added: "I grew up watching great horses winning these biggest races like the Hunter Cup and now I've done it myself.

"Nothing will beat winning the Inter Dominion at Albion Park with so many of my friends and family trackside, but getting a big one like this, a really big one like the Hunter Cup, away from home is very special.

"It's something I hadn't done in my career and wondered if I ever would … now I have.

"To share the ride with Kevin and Kay (Seymour) gives it an extra layer because they've been such huge supporters of mine for so long."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 9:37am
What a phenomenal horse in every respect that winning demands Clap

Leap To Fame lands Triple Crown with monstrous Miracle Mile win

Leap To Fame defied all sorts of history to become an all-time harness racing great with a powerhouse win in Saturday night's $1 million Miracle Mile at Menangle.

Despite doing all the work outside the leader in blazing time, the Queensland sensation was simply too good and strong for a vintage Miracle Mile field in one of the toughest performances the iconic race has seen.

Leap To Fame became the first horse to win Australasia's premier speed test from such a wide draw (barrier seven).

And the five-year-old became only the second pacer and the first since the great Preux Chevalier 39 years ago to win Australian harness racing's Triple Crown, the Inter Dominion, Hunter Cup and Miracle Mile.

t moved leviathan owner Kevin Seymour, a notoriously hard marker on horses, to declare Leap To Fame a champion for the first time.

"I've reserved my judgement until now, tonight he proved he's a champion by sitting in the ‘death' (outside the leader) in such quick time and winning," he said.

Leap To Fame's 1min48.3sec mile was the fourth fastest Miracle Mile of all time.

"I can't believe he could sit parked in the death and beat such a great field. I'm just so proud and it goes to show I do believe in miracles.

"It's also my first Miracle Mile win after more than 50 years in the game. It's the one big race to escape me and now we've got it and he's done it by completing the Triple Crown, which is the icing on the cake."

Trainer-driver Grant Dixon was as proud as excited after the win.

"I'm so rapt for the horse, he really deserved that. That other horse (Sooner The Bettor) had a much softer run and really came at him, but he put his down and wanted to get to the line.

"This horse has given me the best part of my career and Trista (Dixon, wife) is the best part of my life, so to have her and the kids here is just so special."

The race changed complexion soon after the start when co-favourite Hi Manameisjeff galloped while hunting for the lead, which meant Leap To Fame was able to get outside the leader, Speak The Truth, easier than expected.

Leap To Fame had Speak The Truth covered at the top of the home straight when Sooner The Better charged at him with a huge challenge, but he fended him off to win by 2.5m with another 3.5m away to Speak The Truth in third.

Leap To Fame's win took his record to an amazing 45 starts for 35 wins, six seconds, two thirds and earnings of $2,765,957.

ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 9:48am
Can’t believe some books were betting $4 about him last night. Wasn’t going to back anything in the race but when almost all others had him <$3 it was impossible to resist. 
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 11:04am
Well done E&E, that is what I call a good bet. The media during the week helped, with most spouting all the reasons he couldn't win................but true champions can do anything Star
 Post Reply Post Reply