Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Kinane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:09pm
I read it arrived on course bleeding from the hip and the offside nostril, why would anyone start a horse they have an opinion of on that shoddy track and with such float injuries? 
to the victor
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:28pm
I heard them talking about "abraisons" too.  Then I thought to myself , the way it teacted when hit with the whip in the straight, that horse seriously doesnt want to be there.
( The whip that they tell us doesnt hurt at all Cry,  Hmmmm ).
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 12:29pm
PS.  I suppose since they turned down such a big offer, they now feel they have to run, run, run, to get their money,s worth.
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 1:52pm
I think Sky horse made a gallant effort just behind Kinane from last!
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:40pm
Re tail swishers - Look at Makybe Diva in the last 100 metres of her first Melbourne Cup win in 2003! Went on to win 2 more Melbourne Cups, a Sydney Cup, A Cox Plate....they can be genuine LOL.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:05am
When I heard about the float incident, and the fact that there was still concern about how fairly the track might play - reported in the morning on Sky - I doubled my bet on Supergiant!Thumbs Up

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:18am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

as an aside, as a youngster we were given a huge tip to back Risley In a Brisbane by one of the commission agents.

We were told not to back it until the 2nd call, but the interstate ring was in a frenzy, so we charged in and had our last on it.
Watched the money just keep coming for it right until the jump.

It tacked on last, coming to the bend, just as my brother said It must come home with a wet sail, it just swishing it’s tail like no ones business. Our hearts sank.

Never looked like passing a horse.

Last runner ever trained by George Brown......

I love these stories - better when the plunge horse wins by a nostril of course!Cry

Interesting read for you rusty ... was this the race? ... hard to believe that this family would be involved of course.Wink

Racing family at odds over brother's amazing claim

In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 9:33am
very good Doc, got it in one!
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

When it coincides with being hit with the apparent feather duster it is probably indicative of something. 

I swish at flies  but they don’t hurt, just annoy
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 10:49am
Horse flies hurt.Cry

Black fly with large green eyes
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by mikey mikey wrote:

Re tail swishers - Look at Makybe Diva in the last 100 metres of her first Melbourne Cup win in 2003! Went on to win 2 more Melbourne Cups, a Sydney Cup, A Cox Plate....they can be genuine LOL.

But she still put in and stretched out and won.  He looked unconfortable, with his head up, ears back,  and short strides, as well as the tail going.  Often see the old tail swish but they stretch out and try , he didnt until it was way too late. Maybe he hit a part of the track he didnt like, maybe he resented the whip, who knows, but he looked thoroughly unhappy to me. But, thats just MHO and I am no expert. Big smile
animals before people.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Horse flies hurt.Cry

Black fly with large green eyes

Now, that is when I do pull the stick. Once they latch on😤😤😤😤😤
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 4:41pm
They are nasty stingers arnt they !  Was really bad here about a month ago.  Kept me inside for a few weeks.
animals before people.
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:40pm
Biggest fly I've ever seen
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 8:53pm
Watched this horses run for the first time just now and hadn't realised what a good run it was , all this considered float fiasco, blood in nostril, track racing badly in patches his best work was late but boy oh boy he resents a smack on the rump ( or is he getting hit low?)
my initial post re tail swishing was on his Randwick win , he may well be genuine but to me he's a hands and heals job and whips a last resort, time will tell as VE had this little trait early in her career ( I think lol) racing may change all that. my I-pad playing up last 10 days , Telstra says it's fixed, they really tell you rubbish , this site and local weather , that's it.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Maybe because there's no Queensland Derby this year.Wink

Just saw this. That's a pretty good reason! LOL
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 8:58pm
Gone for a spell.

reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:05pm
Being set for the Caulfield Cup.

Note: this race almost certainly to be held in late November.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:06pm
The horse is well and truly good enough to win anything in Australia at 2000m and beyond.

Not sure his trainer is quite so.
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:51pm
Should’ve gone to Adelaide
Would’ve beaten Russian Camelot by five lengths
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 10:59pm

Not sure about.

We have some exciting spring middle distant prospects.

How much will they be wasted in short course races ?
reductio ad absurdum
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 4:40pm
Probably should’ve taken the big money
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2020 at 4:47pm
I really wanted him to win if only for Brent Zerafa LOL
Time is a flat circle
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 3:47pm
I see that with scratchings he’s got a start in the Bart Cummings Stakes tomorrow.

Interesting riding engagement - Damian Oliver!

Can Oli kick this horse into gear & get his Spring back on track?

I couldn’t back him, but would love to see him win to give connections a boost after turning down the HK mega bucks earlier this year.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm
Isn't Mick Kent and owner? I think that is why Oli was able to be engaged.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 7:02pm
Now if only he can find 6 lengths...
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 7:42pm
I backed him last start. He had a similar run to Chapada in that race and that horse ran past him like he was a bm58 horse. Tomorrows distance will suit but can I pull the trigger again? Don't think I can.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:33pm
He is getting to backable odds.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:45pm

How many lengths off the lead do you expect him to be?Shocked

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2020 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How many lengths off the lead do you expect him to be?Shocked

On the home turn.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>