Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Joffs all sports bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Joffs all sports bar
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:15pm
Over the past few days it seems to me that Joffs All Sports Bar is lacking contributions, is that because of lack of interest or that the federal government has alleviated everyone’s concern for their future ?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:52pm
Maybe everyone was holding their breath waiting for the budget ?   PT has been  quite silent , for him, in regards to that.Wink
animals before people.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:16am
Just start another topic about Dan Andrews Bob, that'll get the place moving again.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:20am
It’s pretty obvious why Joffs has slowed down of late - You Know Who has made a return. After the meteoric rise in forum discourse that we saw after he ran off with a face full of tears back in November it’s a shame to see the forum regress. They don’t call him The Wrecking Ball for nothing!
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:03am
The massive defeat of of a particular US person had a huge draining effect on this section. All of supporters in here going to ground and not posting, some sticking their heads up and throwing insults, attracting bans that some got so upset about they wont post again, or not for a length of time.

The budget? No, budgets are just political theater that throw up a heap of bullsh*t stuff based on assumptions that nobody can verify that will never be implemented, to suit a political agenda, like an upcoming election. Remember ''We are back in the black baby''?  Rather than a balanced budget we are hurtling towards a Trillion in debt. Hardly worth getting excited about.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:25am
Might have something to do with 90% of the commentary down here revolving around US politics' - being driven by a few  - well primarily one - obsessed individual. All based on his hatred towards one Mr Trump (who hasn't ended up in prison as yet I'm told). So boring. Just my opinion of course
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:28am
Dear oneone, I have not stopped a single person from posting or starting a thread in Joffs or anywhere else.

Not my fault nobody has anything to say.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:29am
How did you know i was referring to you ? LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:30am
Form.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:57am
Well seriously PT - think about this. For as long as i have been on here you have always been a very active contributor. Obviously much appreciated by the vast majority. However if you did an honest self-appraisal on your posting you would have to agree the emphasis has changed significantly. We used to banter numerous topics daily - many instigated by yourself. Now this may well have been done as a function of your moderator role - not sure. Fact is these days if it doesn't start off as a US Politics thread it usually morphs into one.
It is also an  unfortunate fact that of the remaining regulars left very few have - how can i say it - "flair". Now they may be vibrant / bright folk face to face (not you Rusty) - however hardly set the place on fire when posting on here. Whether this is by design (moderating) or just co-incidental I'm not quite sure. For me the likes of Dr E, Macca , Issac & Whale (I'll regret that) are sorely missed. Never a dull moment when those guys are around.
So the challenge we all have is to create / discuss topics that  encourage regular comment. The Folau thread was a good example LOL

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:02pm
It is also true that we are a victim of technological advances passing us by. Most of us left are old & doddery. Most young folk are doing other social media activities. Sad but true. TJ may be the exception
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:06pm
Oneone, you cant even keep your Folau thread going. 

I dont understand your ''you post too much'' argument. If others responded or started their own threads the place would still be thriving(maybe) Look down the list of threads in the Joffs section over the last 5 pages. Not my fault most attract zero interest.

I post in the threads in which I am interested...no great crime there.

If you want more traffic start more interesting threads...simples. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:07pm
I think you’ll find Isaac is here OneOne. Has his usual Sunny disposition. The wrecking ball is also here as you know. No idea about Whale and we all know that Doc abandoned ship like a total coward the moment his team got pummelled. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:09pm
& further - the quality of the site doesn't help attract newcomers. It could do with a good make-over & be made more functional. When was the last time it ever had any improvements made ? As a matter of interest - what is a site like this worth to buy ? Obviously would be a function of revenue & costs - & realise this would be minimal in TBV's case - but what would a ballpark figure be ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Oneone, you cant even keep your Folau thread going. 

I dont understand your ''you post too much'' argument. If others responded or started their own threads the place would still be thriving(maybe) Look down the list of threads in the Joffs section over the last 5 pages. Not my fault most attract zero interest.

I post in the threads in which I am interested...no great crime there.

If you want more traffic start more interesting threads...simples. 
To be fair PT - i think 184 pages on a bloke like Folau is a pretty fair outcome LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:13pm
Plenty of tools online to estimate the value of the site. Try Alexa. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:14pm
Must say full marks to Baghdad though for starting this thread. Inspirational & point well made Thumbs Up
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Just wanting an approx figure. I have no idea what income / costs are  for TBV. All of the "tools online" will not help that fact
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:24pm
Could it be that many observers adhere to the saying

If you cant say something nice
dont say anything at all?

but some TBC posters obviously haven't heard that one.
Clever dick, drongo recent niceties posted.

Who wants to join in to be abused?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Just wanting an approx figure. I have no idea what income / costs are  for TBV. All of the "tools online" will not help that fact

I think you misunderstand OneOne. These websites will provide an estimated value of the site. That’s what you want to know right? How much this site is worth?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:26pm
They provide an estimated value based on traffic to the site. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:33pm
Worthofweb.com estimates $2,276. Unclear what currency that is but probably USD. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:59pm
PT what are your thoughts on Matt Damon's snide comment regarding the internet connectivity in Byron Bay ?
reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:10pm
Now we're getting to the serious issues

Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:13pm
I think he is pretty spot on djebel. I wouldn't trust my wifi to make an important overseas call. I am allegedly on 100mbps but I get dropouts and buffering every day.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:14pm

It is also true that we are a victim of technological advances passing us by. Most of us left are old & doddery. Most young folk are doing other social media activities. Sad but true. TJ may be the exception

It's a strange one this site wunwun. I find myself thinking more and more it has to be teenagers pretending to be old on here with the way people talk to each other. There's no way 50,60,70 year olds talk like some do on here right?

Some of the sh1t on here I read and just shake my head LOL
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

Could it be that many observers adhere to the saying

If you cant say something nice
dont say anything at all?

but some TBC posters obviously haven't heard that one.
Clever dick, drongo recent niceties posted.

Who wants to join in to be abused?

Agree completely! No need for name calling and abuse. I was called “the biggest of all forum flogs” amongst other names just the other day. What would say about that kind of abuse Hello Sunshine? Personally I don’t really care. The guy hurled it is a returning member previously banned for life so it doesn’t really mean much. Just a shame the moderators hid the abuse so unfortunately the rest of the forum can’t get the same laugh out of him that I got. LOLLOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

It's a strange one this site wunwun. I find myself thinking more and more it has to be teenagers pretending to be old on here with the way people talk to each other. There's no way 50,60,70 year olds talk like some do on here right?

Some of the sh1t on here I read and just shake my head LOL

Mea culpa?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:21pm
E&E, what sort of a flog would post under multiple names in case he/she gets booted for abusing people?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 1:45pm
Just your regular porridge eater PT. It’s definitely poor form. Get booted permanently for constant abuse and harassment only to slink back in at a later date. After the tears have dried of course. What these people dont realise is that to be booted permanently means that you’re not wanted. Unwelcome. Who would be silly enough to keep coming back to a place that keeps giving you the flick? Find somewhere else where your opinions are embraced.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>