Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jimmy The Jet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jimmy The Jet
    Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 4:40pm
Tomorrow R4 Hawkesbury.
Tim Martin planning one of his famous betting stings at huge odds.
Handbraked in trials for better odds.
Very smart horse by all accounts.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 5:19pm
Take the $14 + boost now you reckon?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:26pm
Yes take what you can now.
15's around. Boost 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:26pm
Just had a look at his trial, unless he had a belly full of water didn't go to the line like a winner imo.
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:28pm
Watch hippo's hands carefully and you see it.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:34pm
I’d want at least $41 to back it.
Won’t get near them off that trial
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:41pm
An interesting tip.    Inside info I hope as it was legless under pressure in it's last trial.
   I will wait for some support to come .    Thanks for your good intentions KFG,    Be a nice one for you should you pull it off.   Good Luck
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by KFG KFG wrote:

Watch hippo's hands carefully and you see it.

What's he David Copperfieild or something, he pulled the stick and gave it one around the rump, that wasn't an ace he put up his sleeve was it.?
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:51pm
Trials looked very suss to me. Hippo is the go to man for Martin. Don't be fooled by the whip being pulled. Oldest trick in the book in a trial. Doesn't doo much if you're strangling the horse.

Not saying the horse wins. Just saying there is merit in what KFG has posted on what I've seen. Looks like Hippo has done plenty to pull it up.
Sunline...simply supreme
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2018 at 6:59pm
Tim's been going like a busted bottom for some time now, so BOL.
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:00am
The horse flys the gates every time only to be pulled up until he over races.
You dont take a horse to public trials to and ride them like that unless its the plan.
Its clearly a jump and run horse being ridden upside down.
Fake whip use while given no rein can make it look like a bad run.
Watch hippo and compare to every other jocks in trials?
Last two trials the horse makes up ground after the line because the handbrake is released.

Its interesting they choose a well known leaders bias track for a horse that pings the gates?
He will lead today and bolt in.

Also Tim has form with that syndicate and first up plunges.

You can lead a horse to water.

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:19am
Wont have to be a star to win that race anyway so good luck to anyone who jumps on Thumbs Up
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:29am
Race Comments:
Anticipating this to be a slowly run race. SOKUDO has placed once in two trials, major contender. ROYAL CAPTAIN placed last start at Newcastle when resuming and trained at an astute stable, each-way claims. FEDERATION finished strongly to end up midfield at only start at Gosford and drops in weight, place best. GUERRIER trialling strongly and drawn perfectly, place only.

Interesting assessment & would enhance his chance one would think Smile

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:30am

The horse flys the gates every time only to be pulled up until he over races.
You dont take a horse to public trials to and ride them like that unless its the plan.
Its clearly a jump and run horse being ridden upside down.
Fake whip use while given no rein can make it look like a bad run.
Watch hippo and compare to every other jocks in trials?
Last two trials the horse makes up ground after the line because the handbrake is released.

Its interesting they choose a well known leaders bias track for a horse that pings the gates?
He will lead today and bolt in.

Also Tim has form with that syndicate and first up plunges.

You can lead a horse to water.

That’s what annoys me. How does that teach a horse to race properly. How does the horse know the difference between trials and races. He might end up doing the exact thing in his races because that’s what he thinks is the right thing to do
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:36am
It depends whether he's been taught to respond to accede to his riders' aids.
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 9:42am
Money for the horse that beat him in trial but JTJ looked to be doing it easier?

KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 1:50pm
On pacers winning makes him a good bet.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:25pm
The plonk is yet to come ?
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:27pm
Black Caviars family.
reductio ad absurdum
KFG View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KFG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:29pm
Money should start flowing soon??

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:48pm
Donkey
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:49pm
kiss!!!!! Lost all my grocery money on that camel
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:50pm
Had $500 on at $26s
Sneck View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sneck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:51pm
This wasn't a bad idea, the tactic change was correctly predicted.
Market knew who was going to lead though.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:53pm

Tomorrow R4 Hawkesbury.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:53pm

Tomorrow R4 Hawkesbury.

Thanks for the heads up, you were on the right track but placement (class/distance) could've been better.
Anyone can tip the $3 'be on me next time' jobs but you were adamant a 20/1 could win Thumbs Up
I had a good run for the money & after a win at $32 in the previous at Dalby, it was no great loss Wink

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:54pm
Always next time.
Try and win it back on Keep it Classy in the next at Benalla
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:55pm
Yeah no need to stick the boot in to someone who goes out of their way to point the forum to a potential opportunity to win some money. We all get plenty wrong.

I'd rather people do this and I'm ugly enough to work out whether I want to lose my money on it, as opposed to people sit on good information or analysis and keep to themselves.
Sunline...simply supreme
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

Had $500 on at $26s

Wish I were travelling as well as you to be LOLing at losing $500 Confused
Can't remember any of your winning 20/1 tips Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>