Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Jamie Kah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:18pm
Should imagine Blake Shinn will have his eye on that slot as well Voyager, he'll be hungry .
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:57pm
The horses that pair bought at MM, they should have spots for 2 riders !!
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:47pm
She has 5 rides at Geelong on Thursday, One for Hayes, two for Noblet and one each for Paul Banks and Renee Hoysted
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 3:04pm
https://www.rsn.net.au/kah-gone-can-the-last-to-leave-sa-racing-turn-out-the-lights/

Kah Gone … Can The Last To Leave SA Racing Turn Out The Lights?

January 14, 2019 2:24 pm

The conga line of key departures from South Australia begs the question; even if the state government eventually comes to the party, will it be too late?
Months after top trainer Phillip Stokes moved the bulk of his team to Pakenham, and a fortnight after Lloyd Kennewell closed his Morphettville stables, the state’s champion jockey is about to depart.

Jamie Kah, the most prominent “player” and pin-up participant of South Australian racing, announced today that she would be moving to Melbourne.

She said she hoped the move would enhance her chances of winning her first Group One race. She said she would ride as a freelancer.

It follows Kah’s decision in December to walk away from her role of stable rider for South Australia’s top trainer, Tony McEvoy.

Kah’s departure comes in the same season as her champion rival Clare Lindop retired to become a local councilor and as promising youngster Kayla Crowther has joined Stokes at Pakenham.

Crowther, regarded by Lindop as a rising star, rode her first Victorian winner for Stokes at Sale yesterday.

Kah will be based at Cranbourne initially and will ride jumpouts at Cranbourne (Monday), Caulfield (Tuesday) and Flemington (Friday) in a bid to establish a strong client base.

Her manager Nick Pinkerton said Kah would make a firm decision on Melbourne after the spring carnival.

A significant funding cut from the SA state government led last month to prizemoney cuts and anger and disappointment in the racing industry.

There had been hope that the government might be more generous once the state budget is delivered in May/June but by them the damage might be done.

BY: Matt Stewart RSN Racing Editor

Edited by Gay3 - 15 Jan 2019 at 3:05pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 5:35pm
So this vorster dude is still coming? Has he been reading how bad things are over there? Or is he another South African trying to get an OZ passport like most of there ex jocks?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 2:46pm
Wins her first G1 on Harlem in the Australian Cup, well done!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 3:45pm
Great ride. Congrats Jamie
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2019 at 5:41pm
And her replacement wins the other one!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
mc41 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 3:19pm
Has McEvoy kissed and made up for his dummy spit ?

Please do a search before starting new threads on topics that are highly likely to be here already!!

Edited by Gay3 - 03 Aug 2019 at 5:44pm
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 4:21pm
I'm wondering how long will it last with his o/s rider, he's been through a few but Jamie's done very well over time , but who knows with this trainer as I don't think he knows himself.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 5:21pm
Career:        790 wins for $21.1 million
For McEvoy:  86 wins for $2.59 million

Last year:     136 wins for $5.83 million
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 3:01pm

Kah finds her Prince for Melbourne Cup tilt

Five years after Michelle Payne made history by becoming the first female rider to win the Melbourne Cup, Jamie Kah will get the chance to walk in her footsteps.

Kah has been confirmed as the Melbourne Cup rider for Prince Of Arran, a fan favourite who will be making his third Cup appearance next month. She will also ride the stayer in the Caulfield Cup.

Prince Of Arran is a dual Melbourne Cup placegetter, finishing third in 2018 and was promoted to second after a protest last year.

UK trainer Charlie Fellowes had been searching for a jockey since Michael Walker decided to ride import Dashing Willoughby for fellow Kiwi Sir Owen Glenn in the Caulfield and Melbourne Cups.

Fellowes confirmed the booking on Friday night.

Kah has previously revealed she is close to Payne, who created history by winning the Melbourne Cup in 2015 on Prince Of Penzance.

Watching her win the 2015 Melbourne Cup on Prince Of Penzance was just goosebumps - so very cool, Kah said last year.

Im funny on the subject of women in racing people still think theres such a bias, that theres sexism in the sport, but if youre good youll get rides, it doesnt matter whether youre male or female.

Former South Australian hoop Kah has been making giant strides since arriving in Victoria.

She made her way into Australian racings elite Group 1 club last year winning Group 1s on Harlem in the Australian Cup and on Gatting in the Makybe Diva Stakes.

has Prince Of Arran as a $26 chance to win the Melbourne Cup on his third attempt.

As of Friday, Kah was leading the Melbourne jockeys premiership for the current riding season.

Michelle Payne: Kah can be next Cup inspiration

Michelle Payne believes Jamie Kahs Melbourne Cup opportunity is so special and important for the sport and feels the rising star is already walking in Paynes footsteps by inspiring the next generation of female riders.

Payne famously became the first female rider to win the Melbourne Cup, on Prince Of Penzance in 2015, and now Kah next month gets the chance to become the second when she rides fan favourite Prince Of Arran.

Jamie is important for the next generation of female riders because I think its nice for people to see that beautiful balance and poise and how effective it can be it is so important and so special for me to see going forward and its important for our sport, Payne said.

Jamie is all about going out and riding her horse and backing herself to do well its been great to watch and now she has this Melbourne Cup ride.

It is great she has that opportunity and for other female riders coming through, I think it will really open more doors for the next generation.

Clare Lindop had some nice rides in the Melbourne Cup before me and rode them absolutely superbly but they just werent good enough on the day luckily enough mine was.

Its just about getting the opportunity and making the most of it.

The more opportunities female jockeys can get in our great race the better and to have a live chance in the race like Jamie has is so good to see.

Payne and Kah are great mates and have already forged a special bond, holidaying together in America last year with fellow female hoop, the now retired Nikita Beriman.

Kah has made giant strides since taking the leap to move from South Australia to Victoria, a career switch which has been a stunning success.

Kah has ridden two Group 1 winners since arriving in Victoria and currently sits on top of this seasons Melbourne jockeys premiership, with the great Damien Oliver four wins adrift of her in second spot.

Payne has long admired Kahs riding style and got in her ear about making the bold move to Victoria but she says she can take no personal credit for Kahs development.

I just think she has been a beautiful rider for a long time, Payne said.

She will just ride her horse, right from the start as soon as the gates open she just jumps out and she is so balanced and she is at one with her horse.

She has got beautiful hands as a result of that and is beautiful to watch in motion with her horse.

She is patient, she has got poise, she is really balanced she has got the whole package.

I think now she is a bit older and a bit more furnished she has got the strength at the end of her races as well.

All I have said to her on the way is how to present yourself at the races and basic general stuff but as a rider she tries really hard and she has done it all by herself.

She had a stint over in Victoria as an apprentice but I remember saying to her when she went back to Adelaide she should come back when she had won a couple of Adelaide premierships.

I told her she was absolutely flying in Adelaide and she should come over to Victoria, but she was a bit hesitant at first.

They made a movie out of Paynes famous Melbourne Cup win so does she have any advice for Kah on how to deal with the pressure leading up to the Melbourne Cup?

Kahs Cup experience could be very different to Paynes given Prince Of Penzance was a $101 chance whereas Prince Of Arran is a two-time Melbourne Cup placegetter who is currently rated a $26 chance on .

Regardless, Payne says Kah will be able to deal with whatever the Cup lead-up throws up.

Its tough she has got a lot of pressure on her, everyone is watching her and you have got to work so hard in this industry to make it and with that pressure you have to handle it, Payne said.

But she is dealing with pressure now, she is on horses in Group 1s that have a chance and I found as a jockey over the years you just learned to deal with it.

She will be getting used to that pressure and now she will be fine in the Cup as she is a pretty cool rider.

As for Kah, the in-demand jockey revealed she had another Melbourne Cup option as well but chose to go with the Charlie Fellowes-trained Prince Of Arran.

I had a couple of options but he was just the way to go in the end. Hes been here before, hes proven and Im really excited to be riding him, Kah said.

Hes going to keep his normal rider on to do the (trackwork) gallops but he (Fellowes) said I can pop down and do a few days slow work with him and get used to him and Im really looking forward to it.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 5:43pm
What a serious star she is.

Has to rank in the top 5 in Nation these days.

Superb Carnival class jockey.

When Covid clears up she should be based where ever the major carnival is.

reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 6:00pm
As good as any of them.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:22pm
If Prince Of Arran can snag an inside draw it will not be because of her judgement that he loses.

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:37pm
Girls cant ride .  Wink
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:59pm
She came under notice very early ,      As being very capable , with a bright future . good to see her make the top grade.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 10:43am
She was putting them to the sword over in SA, so glad she came to Melbourne. Super talent.
Time is a flat circle
Vivarchi View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2020 at 12:18am
I've long thought the jocks here in Vic are a good ordinary lot. Oliver undoubtedly the best but not what he was. Williams, Zahra, Melham, Allen, Dunn etc. They all ride as many bad rides as the do good rides. An even but ordinary lot.

About 2 months ago i came to the opinion that Kah was close to the best of the lot. I think she is the best by now. If i had a good one, i'd like her to be on it.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2020 at 3:49pm
And three stakes race winners including the Zipping Classic today franks her form Vivarchi.

Strike rate of close to 20% in town.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 7:38pm
First female to win a Group 1 for Godolphin
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 10:46am
Riding very well is Jamie and has done for a number of years. Good to see. Well deserved win in the Doncaster.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 11:50am
Great International double yesterday . Jamie & Rachel Blackmore
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:43pm
Both cabosanlucas and I were singing her praises when the young lady first went over to Mick Price some years ago , beautiful hands and always seemed well balanced , of course the bud is in full bloom now and she's reaping the rewards StarStarStar wonder what happened to Cabo ? as we both spotted Lattrel early doors too.LOL seemed like a nice bloke.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:27am
THE KAH TRAIN ARRIVES AT DONCASTER STATION IN SYDNEY

JAMIE Kah has taken Melbourne by storm this season, but a two-month plan for her ride in Godolphin blue delivered her finest moment as she won the biggest Randwick mile on Cascadian on Saturday.

CHRIS ROOTS reports for FAIRFAX MEDIA that Godolphin trainer James Cummings might not have been able to get Kah (pictured above coutersy of RACV) on his team that often in Melbourne but he has been watching her beat them regularly. He knew that she was the number one choice for a lightweight Doncaster ride.

A couple of months ago my personal assistant Cath Carson and I set out a goal to get Jamie Kah for a lightweight ride in the Doncaster, he said.

Jamies team were interested but they held off to the Golden Slipper weekend and when this horse Cascadian ran so well [for fourth] in the George Ryder Stakes they took up the offer.

The faith in Kah was well placed as she got Cascadian, which hadnt won for 377 days, into the clear in the straight and charged over the top of Icebath to win by a head with Dalasan of a length away.

It was Kahs fifth Group 1 winner, equalling Michelle Paynes record for a female jockey, and she became the first woman to win at the top level for Godolphin anywhere in the world.

This is right at the top, Kah said. You like to ride any of their horses in a group 1, they are always in the betting and always good chances. I was very happy to get the call up.

I thought if he had the right run, especially after the late scratching [of Think It Over], he could win.

Kah had her form done around the George Ryder Stakes, where Cascadian was fourth and thought the winner of that race, Think It Over, was the one to beat in the Doncaster. He was a late scratching after injuring himself in the float.

Cascadian had always had the promise to win a big race and Kah knew it would come down to timing.

I have been in plenty of races with him and seen him go past me and then stop on the line and get beaten, Kah said. So I knew I had to time the run right.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:52am
Another one for the family, 20k yearling for Jamie's Mum - Karen
Just won on debut at  Flemington 125k race

MIMOSAS 

2yo Chestnut Gelding
D.O.B: 26-Sep-2018
by SQUAMOSA  from LAURENSTAR
View Pedigree Report

StatusActive
Owners Details Mrs K L Kah
Stewards EmbargoesNone on record
Last Gear Change*12-May-2021, Cross-over Nose Band, First Time
TrainerClayton Douglas (Mornington)
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:53am
Claytons first winner without the great jockey on board. 
reductio ad absurdum
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 12:40pm
I dont know why they dont just let jockeys put these horses under their own names. 

They obviously have zero interest in enforcing the rule. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:19pm
Kah's parents have been racing horses for years.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 9:52pm
very ill-informed comment R.H.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>