Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Is the Queen of England a real Royal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

How is people idolizing royalty any different to idolizing celebrities or sporting ''heroes''?

It is just a ''need'' that a chunk of the population have and have always had.

non-sporty types needing a 'fix'...LOL

little failed ballerinas who love The Princess Bride...Wink

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:37pm
I had season 1 of The Crown ready to go for years but I could never muster enough enthusiasm to watch. Why would I care about anything those plonkers get up to? What was the most exciting bit?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I cant see how you distinguish between British Royals and European Royals.  They are all related thru blood or marriage.  Just about the lot of them descend down via Queen Victoria,s children.   Which means most of the European Royals have British Royal blood, which came from Europe earlier on.
Prince Phillip had Greek Royal Blood, which came from Victoria, so what was he ??? Confused  And now his children have European Royal blood.
Very confusing. LOL

Sure about that ?
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:06pm
My partner is a direct descendant of the Plantaganet ruling dynasty, which like others ended without a male heir.

Are we Royalty?  If so, please refer to me in future with entirely due deference.  Tongue
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:21pm
  yes, your majesty...

Ermm
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:33pm
I'm related to a nobleman from Cork, Ireland. His daughter married a survivor from the Spanish Armada and somewhere down the line, I'm one of the result. The Black Irish pops up in the family every so often. My second eldest brother looked like Zorro. 

We're all related if you believe in the bible...

Hug

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:36pm
Prince Phillip had Greek Royal Blood, which came from Victoria, so what was he ??? Confused  And now his children have European Royal blood.
Very confusing. LOL

Sure about that ?

Of course not. Big smile And thats a bit wrong, what I said.  Phil had  Greek Royal blood.  It didnt come from Victoria.  But his mother carried Vic,s blood.  So it mixed and mingled Ermm  I think.
Oh you know what I mean tho.  Its all a small gene pool really. 
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

My partner is a direct descendant of the Plantaganet ruling dynasty, which like others ended without a male heir.

Are we Royalty?  If so, please refer to me in future with entirely due deference.  Tongue
The Plantaganets? Gee I’d be a bit worried if I were you. The Plantaganets were very into killing family members and general family disputes ( War of the Roses etc) . They took life very seriously!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 10:43pm

Are we Royalty?  If so, please refer to me in future with entirely due deference.

Its your partner who is Royal.  You are just "doing a Phillip " .  LOL   In other words, a handbag .Wink
animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:15am
Ancestry.com has a lot to answer for.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:50am
PS, virtually everyone with Anglo ancestry is descended from a Plantagenet.

Every person with any European blood is related to Charlemagne.

Simple maths.Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Ancestry.com has a lot to answer for.

we knew about our link to the Armada and Irish 'royalty', long before Ancestry began fleecing people...

we have old photos of relatives standing in front of the castle in Cork, which is now a tea-room...

Beer

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:16pm

Your Royalty to me JJ  Heart
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:18pm
*You're

Before Bob gets you.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:24pm
Bob the spelling nazi has missed a few of my bloopers Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:25pm
He is brutal. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 1:36pm
Always gets me thinking of "you know who" when the talk is about spelling mistakes. Is he still actively annoying people like he used to on here ?

Someone else i actually liked - in small doses LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 5:09pm

No, I have not missed any of those punctuation mistakes, I have given you a bit of latitude, hoping you may have done some self editing, but alas you have not , so watch out in the future.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 5:21pm
An apostrophe is one type of punctuation mark and has three uses

1) to form possessive nouns; 
2) to show the omission of letters; 
 3) to indicate plurals of letters, numbers, and symbols.

Hope that helps out those who do not know when it is used.

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:21pm
The British actor Benedict Cumberpatch is directly descended from the Plantagenet kings and is very proud of it . He’s always defending Richard lll , the last of the line. Lord knows why.Richard lll was definitely involved in the assassination of his brother, usurped the throne from his nephews who he probably also murdered, definitely imprisoned his sister in law and nieces before going on to have a highly inappropriate relationship with his eldest niece. You’d think you wouldn’t want to admit you were related to him! My ancestor was sentenced to transportation for life for stealing 7 sheep and I know I’d prefer him! But Richard lll is royalty and therefore a super person so we even forgive his crimes. We humans are very odd!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:32pm

If I see one more person spell 'lose' as 'loose', I'll scream...

Also "his a good man..." instead of "he's a good man..."

If you correct them, you're a Nazi, if you don't, it multiplies...

just about every social media poster (bar me) now 'looses' the plot...

Confused

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Baguette Baguette wrote:

The British actor Benedict Cumberpatch is directly descended from the Plantagenet kings and is very proud of it. He’s always defending Richard lll, the last of the line. Richard lll was definitely involved in the assassination of his brother, usurped the throne from his nephews who he probably also murdered, definitely imprisoned his sister in law and nieces before going on to have a highly inappropriate relationship with his eldest niece. You’d think you wouldn’t want to admit you were related to him! 

Thanks B.  Can now fully understand the now undoubted legitimacy of my partner's claim to direct descendancy.  Wink  Embarrassed
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I had season 1 of The Crown ready to go for years but I could never muster enough enthusiasm to watch. Why would I care about anything those plonkers get up to? What was the most exciting bit?

the actor playing Prince Pip lying naked on the bed at the Treetops, in Kenya. The actress playing the young queen came over and cuddled him. This was after she had pushed him away, earlier, telling him she knew where his amorous advances would lead...again...

I've watched it all, mainly because I like several of the actors...Helena Bonham Carter, Olivia Colman, Tobias Menzies...but it gets quite tedious at times...

Embarrassed

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:13pm

The British actor Benedict Cumberpatch is directly descended from the Plantagenet kings and is very proud of it . He’s always defending Richard lll , the last of the line. Lord knows why.Richard lll was definitely involved in the assassination of his brother, usurped the throne from his nephews who he probably also murdered, definitely imprisoned his sister in law and nieces before going on to have a highly inappropriate relationship with his eldest niece. You’d think you wouldn’t want to admit you were related to him! My ancestor was sentenced to transportation for life for stealing 7 sheep and I know I’d prefer him! But Richard lll is royalty and therefore a super person so we even forgive his crimes. We humans are very odd!

I enjoyed watching Cumberbatch's parents for many years, in various comedies and tv films. His father decided not to use the Cumberbatch name as his screen name, as it was too readily identified with his famous ancestors...

Star

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

No, I have not missed any of those punctuation mistakes, I have given you a bit of latitude, hoping you may have done some self editing, but alas you have not , so watch out in the future.

LOL I am on notice then.  Thumbs Up
And who here, seriously, gives a fluck about the spelling nazi ??
Give it a break, Bob.
No one really cares,,,,,,except for you.

animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 12:31am
I’ll be in trouble . I spelt Cumberbatch wrong . Oops!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 6:32am
I'm just waiting for BROOKE to fill us in with more on the movement to make that bloke in NSW the king.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2021 at 12:57pm

I’ll be in trouble . I spelt Cumberbatch wrong . Oops!

I refrained from pointing that out...thought you might have noticed my post had the correct spelling...

Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12