Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

International Raiders & Breakdowns

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
D.OLIVER 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: International Raiders & Breakdowns
    Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:05am
Tomorrow morning at Werribee quarantine centre the current group of international horses ramp up their preparations with the first fast gallops.
I realise there are individual threads for individual horses, but perhaps this thread can be used to give a heads up to the people who are not overly familiar with the form and progression of these horses.
I'm heading out to track tomorrow morning,so if any of you are planning on going,then come and say hello and i'll buy you a croisant and a coffee.....
Any questions or queries regarding gallops are welcome.

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Nov 2020 at 1:22pm
I just won the Melbourne cup...
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:14am
How shall we recognise you ??
animals before people.
subastral View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote subastral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:24am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Looks like Damien Oliver.
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:26am
Where would we be without them.

The greatest RACING thing that has ever happened here, in my long racing life.

I just wish we had a Mini 3200m CUP (around same time @FLEM for a Million),AUST and NZ bred horses only.
Muss View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:27am
Barista?
Keyboard Warrior
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 12:45am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Looks like LOL  But is it ??  Confused   
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:07am
Originally posted by subastral subastral wrote:

Ah......not quite.
I would have thought more like the James Dean type subby.....in fact no,i'll leave the delusions of grandeur to the other fruitcakes and loons who frequent the site...
Anyhow,birds are chirping and the sky is clear.....time to go and check out the horse,particuarly the Japanese.
Ps....i'm wearing a grey fedora style hat and a blue Ralph Lauren vest.
James Bond Esq View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2015 at 7:07am
It is the Real Damien Oliver. OMG. Who you riding in the Cuos, Damien?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 8:20am
Bit of a drive from Caulfield yesterday,but well worth it...:)
Fame game walked a few laps of the track and had a light canter,the horse was bought here almost fully fit and will go around in the CC to reach full fitness.The horse looked fantastic and anyone on at the good prices for the MC should be very happy leading up to the race.The only caveat with this guy is to keep the money in the pocket next week as he will be going around for a spin and WILL NOT be trying.The team behind the horse want the MC and any penalty will be a hinderance.Having said that,uf the horse is pulling Zac into the race,then there will be nothing he can do to put the vakes on.
Hoko brake produced a very strong gallop and Craig Williams jump off and gave the double thums up....the horse looked great too and both rider and connections are very confident this guy can win.
Max dynamite,looks quite small and appears not to have setteled in well.The mail there is that he MOST LIKELY NOT be having a lead up ran going into the cup,which is a major concern if anyone fancies him....major risk.
Red cadaux looks magnificent and is poised to run well again this year,the trackrider was very positive moving forward which is a good sign.
Trip to paris looked light and was a bit fizzy.
Snow sky is a classy looking beast and is very fit,the horse did some light work,but really just had a look around.
All in all it was a pretty quite morning,with mainly media a few clockers and a couple of diehards.
In summary....these Japanese horses are at the top if their game and if you aren't already on ar the moment...back them now before they firm even more.
Bet365 has HB @15 e/w with 4 place dividends in the CC...this is madness as the ones at the top of their market wont get a start or are severe unders.FG @10's is still a good bet if you missed the good prices too.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 9:33am
Hokko Brave is $17/5 on Qtab, the only one I've checked. Thanks DO2 Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:18am
Does Hukko Brave look that good? Isn't the 2400 m of the CC too short for him?
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:43am
Originally posted by D.OLIVER 2 D.OLIVER 2 wrote:

Fame game walked a few laps of the track and had a light canter,the horse was bought here almost fully fit and will go around in the CC to reach full fitness.The horse looked fantastic and anyone on at the good prices for the MC should be very happy leading up to the race.The only caveat with this guy is to keep the money in the pocket next week as he will be going around for a spin and WILL NOT be trying.The team behind the horse want the MC and any penalty will be a hinderance.

this is illegal, do the stewards know about this..?

why are you supporting dodgy racing..??
Panspermia.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:46am

Aidan O’Brien’s Ballydoyle three to target Cox Plate, Melbourne Cup

• NEWS LIMITED
  • SAVE
  • PRINT
  • Racing writer
    Melbourne
    < allowtransparency="true" border="0" scrolling="no" ="https://plat.twitter.com/widgets/follow_.?screen_name=the_sleeper65&lang=en&show_count=false" style="-sizing: border-; : right; height: 20px; width: 174px;">

Highland Reel with Aidan O’Brien’ son Josesph aboard wins the Vintage Stakes at Goodwood last year.

Three horses from the Ballydoyle stable in Ireland will arrive in Melbourne on Saturday, one trying to provide trainer Aidan O’Brien back-to-back Cox Plate triumphs and the other pair his first Melbourne Cup runners in seven years.

Highland Reel will come out of quarantine on Cox Plate day and Ryan Moore will ride him in the $3 million weight-for-age contest they won last year with Adelaide.

Coolmore’s James Bester spoke in glowing terms of Highland Reel’s formlines, sending an ominous warning to punters and betting outlets alike.

“He has got the best form in Europe on paper,” Bester said.

“He very much fits the Adelaide profile and is an Australian type of horse. He ran second to New Day in the French Derby (over 2100m) and he was one of the favourites in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe last weekend.

“He won the Secretariat Stakes ... at Arlington and then he was beaten by Arc winner Golden Horn in the Irish Champion Stakes.”

Highland Reel is in to $8.50 and will challenge Kermadec, Winx and Fawkner for favouritism at Moonee Valley on October 24.

Bondi Beach and Kingfisher will tackle the Melbourne Cup. O’Brien hasn’t had a runner in since Septimus, Honolulu and Alessandro Volta set a cracking pace and dropped out to fill rearward positions in 2008.

“Bondi Beach should or could be unbeaten,” Bester said, explaining that protest results had gone against the three-year-old in some races. “He has only ever run first or second. He’s a game horse.’’

Bondi Beach won the English St Leger at Doncaster last start on protest, only to have the verdict overturned on appeal.

He is yet to race at 3200m but Bester said there would be no questioning his stamina.

Kingfisher is a horse for all seasons, according to Bester.

Some fancied runners being aimed at the $3m Caulfield Cup are in danger of missing a start. Craven Plate winner Complacent looks destined to be an emergency at best.

Preferment is the only noteworthy omission at this stage, trainer Chris Waller preferring to enhance his stud value via the Cox Plate.

Waller has announced his intention to start four horses in the Caulfield Cup: Royal Descent, Grand Marshal, Who Shot Thebarman and Beaten Up.

The connections of Lucia Valentina and Volkstok’n’barrell are considering starts and their decisions are critical to the prospects of others.

reductio ad absurdum
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 10:59am
Thanks for the update.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:10am
SYT who are your best international raiders for CC, CP, and MC?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Fame game walked a few laps of the track and had a light canter,the horse was bought here almost fully fit and will go around in the CC to reach full fitness.The horse looked fantastic and anyone on at the good prices for the MC should be very happy leading up to the race.The only caveat with this guy is to keep the money in the pocket next week as he will be going around for a spin and WILL NOT be trying.The team behind the horse want the MC and any penalty will be a hinderance.

Are you serious?
In every race on any day of the week there are non triers.All good trainers map out programs for theie horses with priciple targets in mind.Why would one overcook their runner before the target.
As for your comment regarding the support for dodgy racing,did i say i support it....NO.
I'm realistic and under no illusions about the monkey buisness and skulldugery that goes on.Their is corruption in every industry,political party and so on....unfortunately i'ts just the way on the world.
Racing will always be racing and accepting in for what it is is the only way in can be approached.

@SYT.....no worries buddy,look forward to out convo's over the next month.
Fiddlesticks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiddlesticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by Fiddlesticks Fiddlesticks wrote:

Are you serious?
In every race on any day of the week there are non triers.All good trainers map out programs for theie horses with priciple targets in mind.Why would one overcook their runner before the target.
As for your comment regarding the support for dodgy racing,did i say i support it....NO.
I'm realistic and under no illusions about the monkey buisness and skulldugery that goes on.Their is corruption in every industry,political party and so on....unfortunately i'ts just the way on the world.
Racing will always be racing and accepting in for what it is is the only way in can be approached.

@SYT.....no worries buddy,look forward to out convo's over the next month.

yes yes I'm sure we are all well aware of what goes on, except for hatch maybe...but no body goes around publicizing it do they, and if anyone does well it's no different to any other forms of cheating in the game is it, cheating is cheating, now that we have betfair on our racing giving one a run intentionally should be stamped out if the stewards are serious about their roles...what you have done here is brought racing into disrepute by stating you have inside knowledge of one that is not going to be trying...

no matter which you spin it I'm afraid it looks damn terrible...

a lot of people bet on these races and punters carry the show, non triers should be booted..

Panspermia.
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:21pm
Thanks for starting a very worthwhile thread, DO2.

Fiddler, feel free to exit this thread if you can't stomach the valuable information from people who take the time to share what they see/know/hear. You goose yourself at least once a day.
Sunline...simply supreme
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:30pm
Agree Sunline , what has started an a very imformative thread is being turned into another fiddlesticks agenda.
Thanks for the input DO2 , you could after all keep this info to your self and I wouldn't blame you if you are going to be challenged for it.
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:40pm
Agree with both above, I have had a pretty decent Hoko Brave Ew/Highland Reel EW/ Fame Game EW early in the features so I am certainly happy with the input from DO2
SYT View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:52pm
Fiddlesticks it's well known to the public that Fame Games main goal is the Melbourne Cup... now with that being the case you would think that the connections would want to avoid penalty by winning the Caulfield Cup which means it'll be used as a springboard into the MC... don't see what the problem is, punters should able to assess the horses goal before backing it in a race.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 3:55pm
For Heavens' sake Fiddle, don't be such a princess, racing industry members bring themselves into disrepute enough without you accusing a forum member of same. All he did was state his opinion for others to take or leave Unhappy
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:22pm
Can we please return to the topic rather than turn yet another thread into a sl*gging match? Disapprove
TOLEDO View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOLEDO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 4:54pm
Any chance the mods can delete the rubbish above. I was looking for info on the international raiders.
James View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 5:24pm

Fame game walked a few laps of the track and had a light canter,the horse was bought here almost fully fit and will go around in the CC to reach full fitness.The horse looked fantastic and anyone on at the good prices for the MC should be very happy leading up to the race.The only caveat with this guy is to keep the money in the pocket next week as he will be going around for a spin and WILL NOT be trying.The team behind the horse want the MC and any penalty will be a hinderance.Having said that,uf the horse is pulling Zac into the race,then there will be nothing he can do to put the vakes on.
Hoko brake produced a very strong gallop and Craig Williams jump off and gave the double thums up....the horse looked great too and both rider and connections are very confident this guy can win.
Max dynamite,looks quite small and appears not to have setteled in well.The mail there is that he MOST LIKELY NOT be having a lead up ran going into the cup,which is a major concern if anyone fancies him....major risk.
Red cadaux looks magnificent and is poised to run well again this year,the trackrider was very positive moving forward which is a good sign.
Trip to paris looked light and was a bit fizzy.
Snow sky is a classy looking beast and is very fit,the horse did some light work,but really just had a look around.
All in all it was a pretty quite morning,with mainly media a few clockers and a couple of diehards.
In summary....these Japanese horses are at the top if their game and if you aren't already on ar the moment...back them now before they firm even more.
Bet365 has HB @15 e/w with 4 place dividends in the CC...this is madness as the ones at the top of their market wont get a start or are severe unders.FG @10's is still a good bet if you missed the good prices too.

Honestly how could you have a whine about that fiddlesticks? DO has visited Werribee and given first hand info on how these horses are going and you get whingers sooking up about one sentence. If DO had said nothing and the horse gets hooked out the back, circles the field and comes home well everyone is saying "what a brilliant MC trial". Horses go around every race including G1 races as warm ups with no intention of winning. And more to the point if the horse is coming home like a train do you really think ZP is going to pull it up and not let it win in a G1 race?
  Anyone that saw The United States go around in the JRA could tell 1000m out the horse was only in it for a run but nobody complained about that when it was the red hot favorite!
  It's got me stuffed how someone can put up 31000 posts and not contribute anything remotely useful.
Kingy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2015 at 5:29pm
Everytime I've seen Snow Sky he reminds me of a horse that thinks he's a rockstar or something... Just has the bullish swagger about him. Very stubborn. I love it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote D.OLIVER 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 8:00am
Seems like everything went a bit skewiff yesterday.....
Thanks for cleaning up the thread Gay3 as all the rubbish blocks usefull information by others and deteacts genuinely interested people from reading and contributing.
Could someone please upload some videos of the international horses previous races as i do not know how to do it.....thanks.This will give a decent insight into the ability and capabilities of the runners.
On Saturday sees the next shipment of 14 horses,to name a few they are arod,higland reel,big orange,bondi beach,kingfisher,others i can't remember and the godolphin horses.
On godolphin,they have said they are bringing sky hunter and three mates.I really hope one of these "mates" is a horse named secret number.He's a last start mile and a half winner in an average race.but looks to have a nice profile.He's a progressive 5yo nh stallion and we know this priofile has been very successful in the last 8 of 9 years. He's down in the order and needs to make the field,but if he does then i think he is sheik mo's best chance....@50/1+ he looks a good calculated risk,but hey......i could be wrong.
I'd be interested to hear some thoughts from other forum members on all the international horses as would most who are interested.
Who do you rate and why?
Who are the speed humps?
Who are the champs and who are the chumps?
Anyhow,i'm heading out to Werribee next week again to check out the new horses and follow up on the ones already here.
Have a great weekend and enjoy the sunshine...

@Kingy.....the horse does look like a rockstar mate.He has a champion trainer,so i suppose he can't be underestermated.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James Bond Esq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:22am
Hokko Brave hasn't won for two years. A couple of well respected Journos reckon it is past it's peak as an 8 year old. What do others think,
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:30am
Great thread DO2! Will watch with interest.
Delta Deel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Delta Deel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 10:34am
Originally posted by James Bond Esq James Bond Esq wrote:

Hokko Brave hasn't won for two years. A couple of well respected Journos reckon it is past it's peak as an 8 year old. What do others think,

Your respected journos are the fools from get on who you obviously watched last night
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>