Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Interesting read

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:34pm
You couldn't get much weaker than that, a score or more of young fellas old enough to be in the workforce, and they let that go unreported. Disgraceful, or it did not happen. Take your pick. As for Pell, he was cleared by the High Court, so don't bring him into it.
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

You couldn't get much weaker than that, a score or more of young fellas old enough to be in the workforce, and they let that go unreported. Disgraceful, or it did not happen. Take your pick. As for Pell, he was cleared by the High Court, so don't bring him into it.
Pell might have been cleared of the kiddy fiddling but he moved his priests around from parish to parish knowing full well they had abused young children.

Edited by Mayor - 18 Aug 2020 at 12:48pm
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:39pm

So none of this happened??? So you support Gerald Ryan and think this is all a conspiracy?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:50pm
I don't support Ryan at all, but I don't buy that dozens of young men were criminally assaulted, yet made no complaint to police. As I keep saying, please explain. This is, in any case, a very old story, why "old mate" dredges it up now, we might wonder.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

Pell might have been cleared of the kiddy fiddling but he moved his priests around from parish to parish knowing full well they had abused young children.
So Moodie is just like George Pell.
May well be the case that Pell did just that, but he would be only one of a host of people so involved. He was the tall poppy that was pursued, and not on that charge, but one that the High Court declined to accept he was responsible for.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:07pm
No
They said it wasn’t proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Big difference to “accepting he Wasn’t responsible “

And more people than Pell knew, so that makes it ok for all of them to have covered it up?

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:22pm
I said......" one that the High Court declined to accept he was responsible for."

That does not equate with ......“accepting he Wasn’t responsible “
monty1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by monty1 monty1 wrote:

So Moodie is just like George Pell.
May well be the case that Pell did just that, but he would be only one of a host of people so involved. He was the tall poppy that was pursued, and not on that charge, but one that the High Court declined to accept he was responsible for.
So Pell was only one of a host of people involved! That makes it okay? It happened a long time ago so why dredge it up! Are you serious.
So someone If was murdered 30 years ago, let’s not pursue that, it happened too long ago, why dredge it up.!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2020 at 11:57pm
monty, in the case of pedophile priests, many parents did go to the police, but received no encouragement to pursue the matter. Or were discouraged. They have not been pursued. The Ryan business was not even taken to the police, was it ?
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:23am
Max, you need to read the reports again to understand that some were taken to police but nothing was done. This is not take news. Head out of the sand, open your eyes, read and comprehend before you start making claims.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:18am
Not sure what Max finds wrong with the name Good Old Ted. Speedy 2yo trained by Cliff Fahler many moons ago.

longevity does not equate to credibility
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 5:54am
Poor Old Max couldn’t be more detached from reality.

What f-ing good would the cops have been in the 80s & 90s? Or the press for that matter?

What good are they now?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 8:24am
At least George Pell was sent to trial, he might well have been released, and if he's innocent then justice has been done, BUT, he went to trial, Ryan and his accusers have not been in a court of law......that's the problem with all this, so many complainants but no police charges? 22 of them put their hands up and RVL did what?

Jesus H Christ, this should be a Four Corners or Sixty Minutes job, if my son suicided because he was fiddled with you could only guess what I would have done.......if Ryan did nothing then fine we move on...and apologise, but he should have to answer to the courts if he did these things.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:13am
Isn't this the reason Ryan left Victoria? When was that? I'm thinking last century.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:49am
I wonder how Des Gleeson feels? As he said, he would never be training horses in VIC under his watch.

Of course this might all be a beat up and Gerald is a totally innocent and victimised man, that would explain the way he struts around the racecourse and holds court with some sycophant racing hacks, would it not?

Some of these wannabe journos, or hacks will do anything for a story, as long as it doesn't rock the boat.
sparticus View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sparticus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 10:54am
As someone who has experienced sexual assault, let me explain something to you Max. 

Depending on the personality of the individual, when it happens, you just go into shock. Survival mode. The adrenaline hits and you're hyper aware and you brain is screaming at you "is this happening? Am I dreaming? Wake up" 

When its over, you obsess over every little thing that happened leading up to the event. Every conversation. Every nuance, Did i give signals? Was it in my body language? Was I too familiar, too casual with my language? Have I contributed to this? Was this my fault? The more you obsess about it, the more your brain just wants the chaos to stop, and your thoughts turn to, "I need this job, if I say something he'll get me fired, who will hire me after this? What if he badmouths me and I never get another job?" 

When you add those two things together you find a lot of victims will try to take part blame themselves for what happened, or just want the entire thing to disappear, and so they don't go to the police. In my case It wasn't until another member of my family asked me whether this person was behaving inappropriately with me, because it was happening to them as well, that we approached our parents and went to the police. 

The charges were indecent assault, and he got off with a fine.

Now think about the racing industry. These young impressionable employees have been assaulted by one of the biggest names in racing, and have been called into a major staff meeting infront of all their colleagues, I've no doubt that Moodie told them that Ryan was being dealt with, and there was no need to go to the police, as it would be dealt with in house. Being young, impressionable and wanting to stay in their jobs, I can tell you now, I'd have believed every word they'd said and gone along with it at that age. 
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 11:07am
Sorry to hear that Sparticus.

It is clear that you have taken control of it and not let it control you which is excellent and you should be proud of yourself.

Unfortunately Max believes in fairytales and in the days when men were men and women belonged to men and the house.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:01pm
lol....I merely make the point that I would think it "incredible" that dozens of people would be subjected to serious criminal assaults, and nothing comes of it. These are more young adults, than children, remember. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Bonjour Bonjour wrote:

At least George Pell was sent to trial, he might well have been released, and if he's innocent then justice has been done, BUT, he went to trial, Ryan and his accusers have not been in a court of law......that's the problem with all this, so many complainants but no police charges? 22 of them put their hands up and RVL did what?

Jesus H Christ, this should be a Four Corners or Sixty Minutes job, if my son suicided because he was fiddled with you could only guess what I would have done.......if Ryan did nothing then fine we move on...and apologise, but he should have to answer to the courts if he did these things.

It isn't a matter for RVL in the first instance, it is a matter for the police and the courts, what needs to be explained, is why that did not happen. We know that the power of the church was what pedophile clergy exploited to avoid jail, I doubt a horse trainer could influence the normal course of justice. No doubt, in the past, many police were reluctant to be the one that put the skids under the church, by opening the pedophile clergy can of worms, given the immense standing of the church in those times. It would be like being the guy that shot Bambi. None of that, applies to this case.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:09pm
What a load of codswallop, I was licensed by VRC back then, it was the worst kept secret in racing, when you're protected you're protected, it stunk then and it stinks now.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:15pm
Well said bonjour.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:17pm
Protected ? From the police ? let's face it, when something like that happens, you don't run to racing admin, you run to law enforcement, I'd be hard to convince that dozens would be turned away.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:20pm
Holey Moley Max, this is the VIC police we are talking about.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 3:21pm
They are a service not a force, never have been, never will.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2020 at 4:19pm
If law enforcement turns a blind eye, there is always Australia's foremost crIme busters, ACA ! Big smile
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:22am
Is anyone here a member of peterprofit or could get a copy of one of the articles? Ta 
to the victor
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 12:25pm
I used to love the bloke, but a few fellas he loves I don't! and for good reason, so no way I'll do the paywall thing.......he must have someone feeding him this stuff, someone in the know obviously, but it's still pie in sky until someone with kahuna's publishes the accusations........that wont happen......sadly.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 7:17pm
He seems to promise the world but barely delivers an atlas. Very little comes to fruition so I cannot justify paying for a blog that is largely about harness racing. There was an article that gave rise to my curiosity about an up and coming Victorian trainer 
to the victor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 7:50pm
Archie (letsgoracing) mentioned a couple of weeks ago that he was tied up in court most of the week in a litigation case he expected to go nowhere. Perhaps email Archie for some light on the Vic trainer issue?
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12