Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

banner ad

Incentivise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 2:19pm
SC, and this is the last I'll say on the matter, Incentivise went to go around her she pulled off the fence and Prebble eased taking a sit. It's clear as day there on the replay. I have no doubt whatsoever that had Persan taken a sit on the back of Incentivise he would've finished the race off better. Not knocking the horse at all, just saying as an owner I'd be questioning her tactics. Now maybe Meech didn't realise there'd be room for Incentivise on her back and by coming off the fence she would've forced him to go around and give her cover anyway. It's quite possible that was her thinking. Judging by the horse having a good blow after the race a sit would've been a much better option.
Sponsored Links
banner ad

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

It's would have been hard to take a sit behind Incentivise given he was always behind Persan.  If Meech eases, Prebble eases too.  That's not rocket science either.

Here's what Ciaron had to say:

Hi Allan and Cheryl,

It was an incredibly emotional weekend for the stable, with the passing of 2020 Cox Plate winner Sir Dragonet on Saturday morning casting a long shadow over Saturday's racing.

Group 1 Caulfield Cup, 2400m

PERSAN (3rd)

An excellent performance from PERSAN who seems to always save his best for these big races. He stuck to his task to stay on a hot speed and showed everyone what a brave horse he is in these big G1 races.  Linda mentioned he was having a good blow after the line so his fitness will just improve from this run and that will put him in a great place condition-wise heading into the Melbourne Cup.

Did not deserve to be gelded.

reductio ad absurdum

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 8:20am
Sportsbet already paying out on the certain Melbourne Cup win.Clap
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic