Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Incentivise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I had a look at that race he was beaten in.

Verry unlucky. 

Which race?

Surely your not suggesting a 16L defeat in a maiden came down to only bad luck?
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Verry unlucky. 

Which race?

Watch the race.

I am suggesting he wins.

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:59pm
Will be fascinating to see how his spring plays out.

I assume going to Peter Moody that his campaign will kick off in Melbourne - any thoughts on what race he’d resume in?

Maybe a Heatherlie Hcp at 1700m or an Underwood Stks at 1800m?
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 5:06pm
Just a continuation on splits for E.F. yesterday for people who maybe interested , Tofane last 600 in 35-34 , Away Game 35-08 , Incentivise 35-70 , considering the former are purely sprinters and had leaders to do the carting up, this horse done all the work which makes it exceptional. StarStarStar
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 6:05pm
not bad that his dam is inbred to Noholme either Carioca!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 7:13pm
Yes furious I noticed that , but you had covered much more precise , I do enjoy seeing that great stallion somewhere down the line on the distaff side , btw was Planet Kingdom the horse that was in the water tank when the tragedy occurred .?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Just a continuation on splits for E.F. yesterday for people who maybe interested , Tofane last 600 in 35-34 , Away Game 35-08 , Incentivise 35-70 , considering the former are purely sprinters and had leaders to do the carting up, this horse done all the work which makes it exceptional. StarStarStar

To put it into perspective though, I once had a good stayer, his Mum won the AKL Cup, he was a 'cousin' to Tawrrific, staying blood through and through, he broke a metro track record running his last 600 in 33 and change, Water Boatman held the record and he won a Group 1, my bloke was good, real good but not a Gr1 horse, what I'm alluding to is, this fella has to find another 18 to 20 lengths to challenge the Brit/German/Japanese stayers if they come, he might, but he's got a long long way to go yet.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 7:55pm
Nothing of that sort of quality will be coming down here Bonjour. Nothing of that sort of quality has ever come down here.
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 9:32pm
Who ever rated E.F. a good 4 yesterday may have been a smidge over the top , although Incenctivise came home about 4 off the the fence a baldy chestnut labouring in last place on the fence ( where it looked soft ) finished half a furlong last , both Tofane and Away Game came down closer to the outside fence , admittedly they raced about 6-8 with rail out .
WarriSymbol View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarriSymbol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

He's got lots of winning 1/2 syblings so didn't come from nothing.  The dam has 3 stakes winners to her name.  The same thing in all of them.  Redoute's Choice line sire over the Last Tycoon sire line for the dam.
For the Best In Show blood?
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Who ever rated E.F. a good 4 yesterday may have been a smidge over the top , although Incenctivise came home about 4 off the the fence a baldy chestnut labouring in last place on the fence ( where it looked soft ) finished half a furlong last , both Tofane and Away Game came down closer to the outside fence , admittedly they raced about 6-8 with rail out .

Why is something not done about this Carioca, it happens every meeting, the times they are running at the Farm tells you somethings not right, are they protected at BRC? We need a clean out, AGAIN, it's playing the public off as fools.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 10:27am
That strip Away a Game came down looked like a completely different piece of turf
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 11:02am
Probably WSymbol
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 12:54pm
I agree with Afross and Shawy - long way to go until the two Cups. His win was impressive but let's not get too excited yet. Spring time is a different ball game. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the spring. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Verry unlucky. 

Which race?

Yep I think Djebel is suggesting that bad luck did play a part in his 16L defeat. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 1:49pm
I wonder if anybody has bothered to watch that race ?
reductio ad absurdum
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 1:58pm
He wasn't going to win that race anyway
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:29pm
He's looks a big lump of a horse.  I'm pretty sure Yippyio was also.  But different colours.  Don't know if the syblings were big horses.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

He wasn't going to win that race anyway

Blue Corner has come from last to run second 500 from home and still 2 lengths behind Incentivise.

Incentivise settled well in 5th spot on the rail when all the trouble started at about the 600m mark and just as he is being angled to make his run horses comeback into his lap. He was going at least as well as Blue Corner who stayed out of trouble and ran the winner to a length.

Incentivise was basically eased out of the race.

It seems Incentivise has grown a leg since they got rid of the blinkers.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:57pm
There's no doubt the interference meant he couldn't win but i still don't think he was going to anyway.
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:59pm
That 16 lengths unlucky defeat it seems is the only time he wore blinkers. 
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

There's no doubt the interference meant he couldn't win but i still don't think he was going to anyway.

Sadly we will never be proven one or the other.

But if Blue Corner was able to go around him whilst he is getting hammered and go on and run a close length second I see no reason to believe Incentivise would not have rounded them up with an unimpeded run. 
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:03pm

I wonder if anybody has bothered to watch that race ?

I have watched the race. In my opinion I dont think its costs him the race but thats only my point of view. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:24pm
Jamals mate came up with this humdinger -

Horses to have won races with Mirage Dancer 12 lengths away: Cracksman Incentivise
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:27pm
EXACTLY 12 lengths. He was beaten 11.65, 11.9 and 11.2 the 3 starts prior to the Incentivise race
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:31pm
And you'd imagine all those horses will be playing a role deep into the Melbourne Spring.

This guy is entitled to have earned enough ratings points to scrape into the two Cups at the bottom of the weights.
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:38pm

That 16 lengths unlucky defeat it seems is the only time he wore blinkers. 
Correct , and evens fav. $ 17 -00 next start , never raced in blinkers before or after , timid when boxed in with blinkers .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm
Might have been a blessing that unlucky defeat in blinkers. If he gets up he probably keeps them on and just becomes another horse. 
reductio ad absurdum
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm
I've watched the 16 length defeat at Toowoomba and agree with Djebel.

According to racing QLD website he wore blinkers at his 1st 3 starts which were all defeats but has not worn them since.

He was actually badly held up/hampered in the straight at his debut over 1350. Doubt he would have won but probably placed. It is obvious though that he raced ungenerously with blinkers and is a different horse without them.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:50pm

And you'd imagine all those horses will be playing a role deep into the Melbourne Spring.

This guy is entitled to have earned enough ratings points to scrape into the two Cups at the bottom of the weights.

Yeah, it certainly gives a decent guide to go by
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>