Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Incentivise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm
It was widely discussed in the media that Eduardo had  a leg problem after his last 3 poor starts with his Melb. trainer., also in a steward report from memory, I think minor surgery was performed.
Kinane clearly has an undocumented problem, known or not to his connections. I've a feeling he was sent up to The B/rat Vet Clinic & 'shadows' found on front joints. Probably why Kent continually stressed he'd only run on forgiving tracks.
Whilst they'll all run in a certain amount of pain, similar to humans, tolerance varies & when it's all boiled down, what the hell reason does a horse want to run for? Humans it's $$$ &/or ego, greyhounds to catch their evolutionary food but horses? To escape being eaten hence the need for whip, spur & SEC Wink
When striving for injury free, peak performance, a minimum of 6 weeks paddock (ideally 10acres+) rest is needed for tissue & bone regeneration as per study by Melb. Uni. released last year.
However were I to own a potential Slipper winner, would I spell rather than run? No way!!!! The positives of winning far outweigh all negatives as it doesn't need to race again Tongue
Explosive Jack only won against his own age & all would have to agree he had a busier than most season.
Vow & Declare was found to have a chronic back problem as well as crook feet. The others I've no idea.
I don't think I mentioned long layoff, rather that I disagree with all these 'let ups' in which the horse is still working daily either swimming, water walker or treadmill.
A 6 weeks block of total rest annually, surely isn't to much to ask?

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
Voyager , you can do better than that I'm sure , as for Eduardo was he running off in his last few runs ? the 29 weeks stated spelling , any idea why so ? special K LOL there's a goodie , may as well throw in Si Si Bon . cheers 
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:36am
See the Denis Pagan thread.
How to look after a horse, albeit with hindsight, but he is a learner.
Not sure what some on tbv are good at but it aint horse training....
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
Nothing like a horse just being a horse in the paddock with others for a spell, when they are getting board with it its time to bring them back, with my few years here with on site spelling and training, they soon let you know they want to be part of the action again.
Albeit if sound of course.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:28am
Very true Gaj , your eye and common sense , on site spelling a huge benefit if their doing " too well " also , as for recouping from corrective surgery or ligament damage on site spelling can allow for individual spelling to minimise undoing the good work .
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Nothing like a horse just being a horse in the paddock with others for a spell, when they are getting board with it its time to bring them back, with my few years here with on site spelling and training, they soon let you know they want to be part of the action again.
Albeit if sound of course.

Moody basically said this. 

A set 10 weeks might be too long. It also of course might be fine. Hopefully he is not allowed to get too fat. 

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm
Born and bred where he's going djebel , couldn't be in better hands with a trainer who was with him since day 1 , fatter the better imo , needs a complete letdown and will blossom .Wink
goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:50pm
He is Steve's baby , the other owners are along for the ride , he bred and developed the horse, they saw an opportunity simple as that , I can see why he would like to oversee the spelling and build up of his  baby . Not just money and fame to him , but loved part of his family.
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:50pm
Didnt Tulloch have 2 years off the track battling a near fatal infection & return just as good as he ever was? 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:04pm
I think the prevailing wisdom is that he was not as good as he was which is natural.

reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:46pm
He was half the horse that he had been on resumption , btw , no trials for this horse when first up over 10 furlongs against the best around , that's how it was in those days , didn't stop him though , same for Todman too , no trials after nearly 2 years off , broke a 20 year track record in his win too , the changes are immense in the racing game since those days .
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 11:47am

The last horse to beat Incentivise in Queensland is set to continue his racing career in Victoria.

Golden Goal, the gelding who defeated Australia's newest star by 16 lengths over 1850m at Toowoomba earlier this year, was sold on Inglis Digital for $3500 on Wednesday.

The horse is set to be trained by Amy and Ash Yargi at Mornington.

It's fair to say the pair has followed different trajectories since that day in March, with Incentivise now a multiple Group 1 star and favourite for the 2022 Cox Plate, while Golden Goal has failed to win another race.

But Amy Yargi is hopeful that more options for stayers in Victoria could help the stable unlock the key to the German-bred galloper.

With her tongue firmly in her cheek, Yargi said: "Clearly he is 16 lengths better than Incentivise over 1850m, so I wonder how much he could beat him by when he gets up over 2400m or something like that."

On a more serious note, Yargi said: "I quite like his pedigree, he is obviously bred to get over a lot more ground than what he has been getting over in Queensland.

"There's a lack of staying races up there, he's lightly raced, well bred. He just has stayer written all over him.

"I think he might make a nice stayer down here."

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:03pm

GOLDEN GOAL (GER)

5yo Brown Gelding
D.O.B: 05-Mar-2017

Summary: 13-1:0:5    Prizemoney: $23,750    

1th of 13WARW 02Aug21 1350m Good4 BM55 $17,000 Jake Molloy (a) 61kg (cd 58kg) Barrier 13 Rtg 59
1st Native Bee 61kg, 2nd Test of War 61kg 1:22.51 (600m 37.07), 8.4L, 13th@800m, 13th@400m, $13/$17/$16/$17
7th of 11NNGO 11Sep21 1600m Good3 CLB $8,500 Jake Molloy (a) 61.5kg (cd 58.5kg) Barrier 11 Rtg 57
1st Beat It 54kg, 2nd Ourlastpenny 55kg 1:36.25, 5.8L $4.20
Failed to Finish of 10TWBA 02Oct21 1625m Good4 CL1 $20,000 Chris Meehan 57.5kg Barrier 7 Rtg 56
1st Hail To The Chief 59kg, 2nd Harry's Style 56kg 1:40.76 (600m 37.64), $19/$18/$19
9th of 9TWBA 19Oct21 1640m Soft5 BM58 $20,000 ($400) Jackson Murphy 58kg Barrier 2 Rtg 56
1st Perfect Page 58.5kg, 2nd Royalspector 55kg 1:42.02 (600m 38.19), 8.4L, 8th@800m, 8th@400m, $14/$18/$19/$20
5th of 6TWBA 02Nov21 1625m Good4 CL1 $8,500 Ms Angela Jones (a) 58kg (cd 56kg) Barrier 6 Rtg 54
1st Our Spider 55kg, 2nd Mojo Baby 59kg 1:40.27 (600m 37.33), 8.8L $5
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:22pm
What was the reason for the FTF? It may have had repurcussions on him now.
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 12:31pm
The saddle slipped.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2021 at 1:07pm
At that time, the penny hadn't dropped with Incentivise, The time ran in that race over 1850 on a good 4 was at a slower pace than when Incentivise won at the track over 2150 by 7.9L on a soft track.
Just an observation to compare at the same track.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:41pm

Star galloper Incentivise out for foreseeable future

Caulfield Cup winner Incentivise will not race for the foreseeable future with new scans revealing the tough-as-nails stayer suffered serious injuries during his gallant second placing behind Verry Elleegant in the Melbourne Cup.

The Darling Downs-bred gelding has returned to Queensland to spell but was sent to the world-class University of Queensland Vet Hospital at Gatton recently for a check up, which revealed injuries to both his front suspensory ligaments.

When contacted, managing owner Steve Tregea confirmed the injuries, saying the three-time Group 1 winner could miss the Queensland winter carnival as a result.

“He has had exhaustive scans along with an MRI at the University of Queensland Vet Hospital at Gatton and it found damage to his fetlocks,” Tregea said.

“He has to be re-scanned in February to see where it is at then. The report says it takes three to six months to heal and they will advise from there.

“There is a chance he doesn’t make the winter carnival as a result.”

Incentivise will undergo significant treatment at Tregea’s Windermere Stud property near Toowoomba as he attempts to get him back to the races in full health.

“He is up here at the moment recovering, he has substantial follow-up treatment to come including PRP (Plasma-Rich Protein) and he has to have shockwave treatment every week,” Tregea said.

It caps off what has been a rollercoaster few months for connections of Incentivise, who reeled off nine consecutive wins which took him from a Sunshine Coast maiden over 1600m to winning the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m), Turnbull Stakes (2000m) and Caulfield Cup (2400m) in the space of six months.

The five-year-old was then found by stewards to be lame following his second placing in the Melbourne Cup on November 2 before trainer Peter Moody’s vets gave him the all clear two days later.

On top of that, Incentivise’s trip back to Queensland was momentarily halted when police got involved with his flight home, throwing plans into chaos.

His incredible run of form has seen him net $5.7m in prizemoney in just 13 starts to date.

GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 1:52pm
I hope he makes a full recovery, what a hero he has been.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:02pm
I knew all along in my heart of hearts this was deeper than originally first notified , it was played down by the camp , but reading between the lines over time you get a sense , this is going to take a long time , being a gelding will be of help , see ya next spring champ. Star
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:12pm
Yeah I had heard he had done a suspensory when it first happened so was surprised with what was being reported
Time is a flat circle
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:26pm
That's a shame. What are the chances of a full recovery to the form he was in winter and spring?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 2:59pm
Very slim imo Tlaz , a lot depends on the animal himself in regard to his disposition , something modern may come along , time is the essence here even something like stem cell treatment too , one thing I'll guarantee , it'll be a long road back .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 3:07pm
He'd have been back in work in a fortnight or so if Kheir, Sokolsli, Moody and his vet had anything to do with it.  Thank goodness Tregea at least belatedly had the horse fully vetted/scanned.
whitt0 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitt0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 3:59pm
Unfortunately he wont be making it back.  Could have been anything with more time. 

But - they can say they have Incentivise ties!  & a Caulf Cup. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 4:08pm
All this after those who went out of their way to bag Prebble for his ride.

We've have had a horse sustain a suspensory injury mid race, and well know that for Incentivise to finish off a 3200m race as he did was quite extraordinary.  
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by whitt0 whitt0 wrote:

Unfortunately he wont be making it back.  Could have been anything with more time. 

But - they can say they have Incentivise ties!  & a Caulf Cup. 

I agree Smile one suspensory is bad enough but two on a big horse like him will be a losing battle.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 5:21pm
At least we know he is in good care with Steve looking after him.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
QuizAbout View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QuizAbout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

He'd have been back in work in a fortnight or so if Kheir, Sokolsli, Moody and his vet had anything to do with it.  Thank goodness Tregea at least belatedly had the horse fully vetted/scanned.

Exactly, and people wonder why a few of us have disdain for Moody. He showed the same with Black Caviar, racing her injured over in the Uk. He doesnt care about horses welfare, just the big name for himself.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

All this after those who went out of their way to bag Prebble for his ride.

We've have had a horse sustain a suspensory injury mid race, and well know that for Incentivise to finish off a 3200m race as he did was quite extraordinary.  
I was one of those who was critical of Prebbles ride Second Chance and again I'll tell you why , every smart jockey and every top trainer will tell you that when your on a suspect horse with a great chance in a Melbourne Cup you ride him to give him Every chance if possible , and that includes waiting till the Clock Tower before going for him ! now watch the replay again and see what the jock was doing , as for his injury , what part of " mid race " did he do his suspensory ?
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2021 at 6:23pm
For an experienced jock not to feel SOMETHING...
Did greed get the better?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 21>