Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Stallions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

I AM INVINCIBLE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I AM INVINCIBLE
    Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:30am
 any thought on the chances of i am invincible making it as a stallion. he is replacing foreplay at yarraman park due to foreplays fertility problems.
i am invincible was a handy young horse.
will he make it s a stallion?
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:33am
So he's not going to race again?
BAZZ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:39am
no. he has oficially been retired.
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 6:53am
100 to 1 against imo Bazz.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
buff View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:07am
Very one dimensional. 
Would never say never but the odds are well and truely stacked against him.
I would not personally entertain him.
dimevision View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:50am
I like invincible spirit, really like him and think his results over in europe are phenomenal meaning that he stopped coming out here and never got a real chance. To date I am Invincible is his best performed horse in Australia. And his second in the goodwood to takeover target is a race I think i'll remember for a long time
nod. View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

After a lifetime in this breeding game I have finally found someone who can pick a stallion at the outset. Goodonya champ  Thumbs Up
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 7:14pm
Given that he'll stand for around $10,000 this year he'll attract a good book of mares (100) and the odds are in his favour of doing as well as his Yarraman Park barn-mate Magic Albert.
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:30pm
Wasn't the horse a really bad footed horse, couldnt send a mare to him with all the problems he had.
straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Ringlock Ringlock wrote:

Given that he'll stand for around $10,000 this year he'll attract a good book of mares (100) and the odds are in his favour of doing as well as his Yarraman Park barn-mate Magic Albert.
ringlock where did you get your info from mate
best i am invincible has done is a weak group 3 in morp
and a listed race in melb
for $10.000 im sure you can do better else where much better
and for the hundred mares give me a break LOL
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by nod. nod. wrote:

Originally posted by Run For Fun Run For Fun wrote:

After a lifetime in this breeding game I have finally found someone who can pick a stallion at the outset. Goodonya champ  Thumbs Up

More than happy to provide even more insightful consultative advice on request young Nod.  Wink
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Bi Carb View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bi Carb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2010 at 11:42pm
90% are just no good,9% are average and 1% are tops.
The numbers say he'll be no good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 12:46am

straight i stand by his best being not his group three win but his goodwood second

troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 5:06am
I liked his sire but I wouldn't follow up the sireline through him. As said already, there will be better bred / performed horses standing around Australia at the same money or perhaps for less.

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
Gee Gee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gee Gee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 9:02am

$10,000?? bit steep.

If he is $10K, i guess Nicconi and Turfontein will stand for $66,000 ????
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2010 at 9:06am
Not a horse I'd go for, but if anyone can make him work it's the Mitchell's, they're very professional and astute.

I've not seen him close up but if he is going to stand at that fee than he must be a pretty good sort.

Frankly I doubt he could stand at that fee particularly this coming year, where I suspect a lot of stallion fees will be slashed.
troppo75 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troppo75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 2:10am
He is a 5 grand stallion at best. Lets be honest, he wasnt sound. He pinched a race or 2. I am suprised a NSW stud grabbed him. He is a country vic/sa/ stallion at best.

Now having passed 1000 posts I feel you are all so much the wiser for my having said... stuff!
sweetvictory View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetvictory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 4:35am
With all the good colts getting around atm i would have sat on the sidelines for a few months before securing something..
3..2..1..Big rocket go now!
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2010 at 7:38pm
I sent a mare to IS in his last season at Chatswood. Stud were inundated with people asking to go on waiting list for that and next season, willing to pay full price at booking time or offering more than advertised price etc to get in. Sure there will be plenty of interest in your boy.....sireline of Cape Cross with Ouiji Board and Sea The Starts etc.....best of luck with him.
Now if someone could just find a nice son of Monsun.......
Faster Runner View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faster Runner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 12:39am
After seeing this horse at caufield,he will sell on type alone outstanding
his speed and sire line are a bonus.
can i take the 100/1
runtowin View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runtowin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 2:10am
I agree he is a superb type of horse but if he throws his bad feet and other issues through to his prodgeny half of them wont evn get to the track.
Wombat22 View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wombat22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 3:26am

Harry and Arthur are two of the best astute judges in Australia. If I Am Invicible is good enough for Yarraman to stand, he is good enough for me to send a mare. I would not doubt that they can launch any stallion.

buff View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 4:46am
Originally posted by Daraabah Daraabah wrote:

I sent a mare to IS in his last season at Chatswood. Stud were inundated with people asking to go on waiting list for that and next season, willing to pay full price at booking time or offering more than advertised price etc to get in. Sure there will be plenty of interest in your boy.....sireline of Cape Cross with Ouiji Board and Sea The Starts etc.....best of luck with him.
Now if someone could just find a nice son of Monsun.......

So how many mares did he serve in those 2 seasons you refer too?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 5:03am
not 2 seasons was only one because after that last season at chatswood he stopped coming out to aus. The success he had in europe breaking records for a freshman sire caused his insurance to skyrocket so he didn't come back out. The last season at chatswood (and aus) he covered 153 mares for 119 live foals returned. They are now two year olds
straight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote straight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:02am
Originally posted by dimevision dimevision wrote:

straight i stand by his best being not his group three win but his goodwood second

Look not into potting horses
but i truely imho think he is up against it
as stated above reasons far out weigh him getting support at 10k and wont get anywhere near 100 mares
he is a 3k to 5k stallion
u dont have to b dead to b stiff
Daraabah View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daraabah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:56am
No way can he should stand below 10k....stallions just will not get reasonable mares or respect in sales at anything less...breeders are a snobbish lot and unfortunately service fees gives a perception of quality...he fills an obvious gap in market and 3-5k is a ridiculous place to start...
Jonathon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:47am
Can't just judge on his conformation/performances, need to look at his bloodlines as well.
Sire won Group 1 and raced at Group level in Sprints. Unraced Dam is by Canny Lad which has had Group successes. Might find some more further down the tree.
10k would seem minimum.
Jonathon View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 8:50am
Unraced Dam - meant the dam of sire Invincible Spirit (Cannarelle)
BAZZ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BAZZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by straight straight wrote:

Originally posted by dimevision dimevision wrote:

Look not into potting horses
but i truely imho think he is up against it
as stated above reasons far out weigh him getting support at 10k and wont get anywhere near 100 mares
he is a 3k to 5k stallion

i think he will get 100 mares or at least very close to that. yarraman will support with their own mares to kickstart his career as they did with foreplay. and as for price , the way stallions are priced in the hunter i think 10k would be one of the cheaper fees .
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 7:24pm
Sometimes with these type of stallions you really need to see them in the flesh before assessing their service fee value.

A good example of this is Snippetson. When he first went to stud his racetrack performance probably dictated that he was a $5,500 horse and hence his listed fee looked of $9,900 for a Listed winner probably looked on the high side. 

However after the horse was brought out for the parades (and was clearly a gorgeous animal) it was clear that whether or not this was a value fee, the horse was nice enough to get people to support him.

I am Invincible may well be the same. On face value with what he's done on the track he's a 5-7K horse, but if he is a stunning looker than they will probably be able to stand him at 10K and deal back a little each year.

The 10K figure is significant in that it will allow his better yearlings to get into Magic Millions which is likely to be his benchmark sale as he probably won't get any into Easter until he's proven.

The stallions that Yarraman have had in recent years have generally been super types, so you would expect this guy to have a lot of presence. I'm looking forward to seeing him, he may turn out to be a real sleeper in years to come, you just never know.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>