Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Hugh Bowman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 12:26pm
Move on. I know you all have garbage lives and thrive on outrage culture but some of you are just pathetic. It’s only luck that ten incidents like that don’t happen every day.  Can’t wait to see you back Bowman and thanks for getting the job done so we could collect. ClapClap
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Sponsored Links

max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:08pm
I suppose you'd still be saying that if the jockey was killed. Without a doubt, Bowman was hell-bent on extricating the horse, as if there was something very significant at stake, it very much reminded me of the Dettori manoeuvre in the Cup a few years ago. If every jockey was that intent on forcing a run, there would be a dozen jockeys killed every year.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:13pm
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 1:14pm
Straight arrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:21pm
Jockeys trust day today! Good time for them to start addressing the rules on careless ridding? In my humble opinion? They are far to light! Especially when a fall is caused? Should be minimum 3 months if you cause a horse to fall? Let them at least start there? It would nearly arradicate careless ridding! Not hard to work that out? See what happens??
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 9:36pm
Yep,,,thought the same when watching them talk about the jocks killed today.   So many gone young thru careless riding.   Not to mention the ones left behind in a bad way.   More severe penalties needed.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2020 at 10:07pm
AA there has something got to be done that is more relivent then 4\6 weeks for killing horses and ruining human life!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:31am
Certainly agree with that, as do many others .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm
But AA do you think anything will be done? I have a feeling jockeys association are pushing how they just got a ridding fee increase rather then addressing health of there members? Just thinking?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:21pm
S A .  I have no idea at all.   I think you know more about the jocks etc than I could ever know. 
I think the ones who are fit, healthy, and riding winners will be more interested in their winning fees than most of anything else.
I think its a shame those injured and hurt members cant have more input. 
Maybe have one of those injured in the jocks room every day,,,,saying look at me,,,,there but for the grace of god go you. 
Might make them wake up a bit more.  Maybe ????
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight arrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2020 at 10:37pm
No! I think right here right now is the only way they will learn to look after each other! Unfortunately that is only MONEY. That’s what drives them to become careless and by sitting on sidelines for a long period? Is what will make them think of there actions? I know quite a few who have had complete life break downs over some ones careless ridding actions! This is not a minor problem 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic